• Published 9th Apr 2018
  • 602 Views, 20 Comments

Spiked Donuts - TRIBOT 4000



Spike and Donut Joe have always had a close relationship. Friends from the first day they met, and friends to this day...this day usually being one where they both need a break from everything...and everypony.

  • ...
1
 20
 602

Chapter 2: Mister Starstruck

I washed the chocolate milk out of a glass with my hooves while saying goodbye to my latest customer. I've always been the type to used my hooves as much as my magic. I personally feel that a balance is necessary. Use your hooves for Celestias sake, and I mean that literally.

DING

I turned my head slightly to see who had entered. It was way past noon so having customers this later wasn't uncommon but I expect most ponies around here between six and nine in the morning. It was a blue coated unicorn with a bright golden mane braided. His cutie mark looked a bit like an exploding star. Why do unicorns have so many magic related cutie marks? Look at me. I've got a donut and I'm a unicorn who has a fairly good knowledge in magical arts and crafts.

The pony sat at the booth and rested his head the counter with a groan. I desided to break the ice. better sooner than later in my book.

"What's got ya down bud? Job?" the pony arched his neck and looked at me from his slouched position. His eyes were bloodshot with bags under them ready to pop.

"Wife." he said in a dead voice.

"Heh. I know that voice. My father used to make it whenever my Mom had him clean the toilets. That's the voice of a stallion who just realized his wife's in charge." The unicorns mouth slowly morphed from a scowl to a rather neutral expression. He's glanced at me as I put the glass I was cleaning into the washed back at the kitchen. I began cleaning the counter slowly and said, "The husband may wear the pants of the family, but the wife where's the shoes." This pulled a chuckle from the stallion. He lifted his head from the counter, allowing me to clean there.

"Starstruck. Sir Starstruck. Yes, the 'Sir' is part of my name."

"I understand Sir." We both chuckled a bit, "Pony Joe's the name. Call me Joe." We spent some time talking about our lives. He was a scribe for Celestias court. His job was basically to take what was said and embellish it into a poem or prose. A simple sentence like, "have a nice day" he would depict as "may your days be sunny and warm as the heart that beats in your chest".

The next day while I was getting ready for another day of selling donuts I found a letter from him. Opening it read:

An unappreciative stallion finds himself in a cage.
The cage built by his love.
He pushes away from her in search of happiness,
That he cannot find.

One day a cloud rests over his head and rains down on him,
Washing his eyes.
He realizes his cage is self-built
And finds love once more.

Sir Starstruck.

I smiled and placed the letter in my apron pocket. I decide that might frame it.