• Published 9th Apr 2018
  • 602 Views, 20 Comments

Spiked Donuts - TRIBOT 4000



Spike and Donut Joe have always had a close relationship. Friends from the first day they met, and friends to this day...this day usually being one where they both need a break from everything...and everypony.

  • ...
1
 20
 602

Chapter 3: doesn't have a name

"...So I tell him 'I've got more donuts than you can shake a stick at.' HAHAHA!" I laughed heartily at my own story. Most ponies I told this to would likely laugh with me or at least chuckle. Instead I was met with the oblivious face of a baby dragon. Whee. I was watching Spike for the time being due to Nightlight taking his wife and daughter to Prance for her tenth birthday.

Spike wasn't that much trouble. All he really did was sit around. He could walk but that was about it. I was actually surprised to find he can understand what we're saying. Why doesn't he laugh at my jokes? Well, heh, let's just say my jokes are bit too...um...old? I guess. He listens though. It's fun.

"So Spike, you're gonna be living with me for a few days. You cool with that bud?" I wasn't met with a response. Turning my head I got ready to close up shop, "Alrighty then, I guess that settles tha..."

"If your cool, I'm cool man." I froze. He talked. The dragon talked. Dragons can't talk. Can they? I guess so.

"I'm so...sorry. What?"

Spike sighed sounding somewhat annoyed and crossed his arms, "I've been making sure your cool. You seem cool so I'm cool with you."

I walked passed him and turned the sign to 'closed' and asked, "Okay, hold on. How long have you been able to talk?"

The purple dragon shrugged, "Dunno. This is the first time I've tried."

I picked him and set on my back, "So let me get this straight: you were born by freak accident from a filly who may have more power than the Princess, you're now raised by the her as she has become the student of said Princess, you are a sapient being and haven't realized you can talk until just now? Am I missing anything, or would you like to elaborate on that?"

I felt Spike shrug and he said, "I learned that 'cool' is now my favorite word, thing, and state of being."

I thought about this for a moment. He's a dragon first and foremost, he probably is the biggest freak of nature in Canterlot. He's also super privileged and might as well be related to royalty. When he grows up he may or may not end up as like some sort of defender of ponies or something and he's reacting to this with a shrug.

"Huh." I say, "cool."

Author's Note:

A regularly updated story? Tis a miracle!