• Published 21st Apr 2018
  • 3,040 Views, 72 Comments

MLP: Age of Chaos - religarro



What does it mean to be a deity? It's not all fun and games; with unlimited power comes all the weight of being a ruler, a leader, a god. Right? Unless you're a team of chaos gods, then it really IS all fun and games...

  • ...
5
 72
 3,040

Chapter 8 - Operation Dragon Horde is GO! Part 1

Blueblood quickly ducked down an alley and, using a special grappling hook, pulled himself up onto a nearby roof. Down bellow a trio of angry mares stopped and looked around confused.

“I know I saw that spoiled lout go this way!” said Roseluck.

“Maybe he doubled back somehow?” asked Daisy.

The trio looks around for a few more seconds before turning and going back the way they came. Blueblood gave a sigh of relief. He had received a few unpleasant encounters in this town, but none were as extreme as those three.

The first was of course with Ms Rarity Belle. Blueblood had originally gone to her shop to apologize for that unfortunate night at the gala, but before he could get a single word out she was already yelling at him and pushing him out her store. What followed was a few days of laying low and receiving the odd glare when ponies thought he hadn’t noticed them. It made sense that Rarity would be held in such esteem here. She was, after all, a hero of equestria. It was also no surprise that tales of his atrocious behaviour towards said hero would circulate the rumor mill in such a small town. Especially since Rarity was the gossipy type.

Now just to be clear, ponies not liking him was something he could handle. After all, his cover was that of a spoiled self-entitled brat. Ponies not liking you was just part of the job. No, what was causing him a migraine was that particular trio of ponies, Rarity’s more...eh…’enthusiastic’ supporters, constantly chasing him around Ponyville. What they were going to do to him if they caught him, he’d never find out.

Blueblood looked out from his hidden rooftop perch and sighed.

Truthfully that night wasn’t even fully his fault. He had just confused Rarity with a high priority target he was supposed to be getting close to, to see if he could gleam information from them. When he realized his mistake, he tried to make her leave by acting like a jerk.

So here he was, sitting on a rooftop to hide from three crazy mares, organizing a full scale operation for Princess Twilight. A mission he felt was a complete waste of time. At the least, he didn’t need to be there personally. There were four agents who already lived here in Ponyville! Twilight may have been his best friend’s little sister, but she could truly be exasperating sometimes.

“Hey! Boss! What’s up? Besides you, of course, HA!” called a mint-green unicorn with yellow eyes.

“Is the area clear?” Blueblood called back.

The mare looks around before looking back up and nodding. Blue smirked and parkoured down to the ground in front of her.

“Whew, that a relief. Special Agent Heartstrings, it’s good to see you. How have you been?” Blueblood asked with a genuine smile.

“Pretty cool, thanks” replied Lyra “I wanted to talk to you again about the whole keeping secrets from my marefriend thing. I just...I want to tell her the truth about me. She used to work for the MHE, so that has to count for something, right?”

Blueblood sighed “Lyra, we’ve discussed this before. I cannot approve that unless either you two get married or she joins the ESS. She’s already turned down the proposal twice”

“That's because she just wants to protect me! She won’t take a job like this, thinking her work would put me in danger! If you let me tell her the truth, I know she’d join then!”

“You know it doesn’t work that way Lyra, we have protocols. Either she joins, or you put a ring on it and maybe I’ll be able to stretch a few of the rules”

It was Lyra’s turn to sigh now “Yea yea….whatever. Anyway, the rest of the team is here!”

Agent Blueblood turned around and smiled. Walking up the alley was Special Agent Octavia Melody and Special Agent Fancy Vanille; or as she liked to go by, Vinyl Scratch. Coming up behind them was Blueblood’s second in command, and most trusted agent, Special Agent Derpy Hooves.

“First things first” said Derpy, taking a small crystal out of her pocket and tossing it on the ground between them all. The crystal glowed and emitted a small forcefield around the group of spies. If anyone where to look down the alleyway, it would look completely barren.

“Let’s get this over with as soon as possible. We all have more important things to do. What have you found out so far?” asked Blueblood

Octavia pulled out a folder and handed it over to their leader, inside were papers full of information, and several pictures.

“The stallion, if that’s what you want to call him, seems to go by the alias ‘Chimera’ and is both the newest and currently most active member of Team Chaos”

Lyra pointed to a few of the papers as Blueblood read over them, speaking up.

“From our intell, it seems each of the Masters of Mayhem are rivals to the members of Team Harmony in more than just name. Each one is not only tailored to go hoof to hoof with them, but is very similar in natural talents. Case in point number one; Chimera. He is the Element of Kindness’ rival. Similar to her, he has shown the ability to talk to animals, however, he has also demonstrated the ability to warp them into mutants and monsters” she said, pulling out a few more photos “we’ve chronicled a few, but it seems there’s no actual patterns or limitations to the transformations, just chaotic randomness”

Octavia spoke back up “And that’s not all, Chimera has demonstrated the ability to warp any part of his body into that of any known and some unknown creatures, even going so far as to become the creature entirely”

Blueblood just stood silent, reading over the files and listening to the reports. He could somewhat understand Twilight’s concern now. When you started to understand them and what they could do, the threat that Team Chaos presented was nothing to brush aside. Sure everypony saw the Masters of Mayhem as bearers of fun at best and pests at worst, but if they were to go truly evil they could really wreck some havoc.

Vinyl handed over a couple more folders.

“The red eyed one goes by the alias Bad Seed, she appears to have complete control over all plant life. She can make seemingly any and all plantlife to grow where no plant should be able to grow, and seemingly is able to give them some kind of mild sentience. However, that’s not the interesting bit. What’s interesting are these things she creates that we’ve dubbed ‘Apples of Anarchy’. Said apple-like fruits have a solid black exterior and purple interior. Their taste is completely random, as are the effects if you eat them. The Effects only last four hours if you eat only one bite, but is halved if you eat the whole apple. We don’t understand why” she explained, moving on to the next file.

“The pink eyed one is known as Shadow Blitz. She is currently documented as the fastest flying thing we have on record, ever”

That got Blueblood’s attention “Faster than Rainbow Dash? Has she replicated the Sonic Rainboom?”

Vinyl nodded “The Element of Loyalty’s top recorded speed is mach two point six. If our instruments are correct, Shadow Blitz has a cruising speed, on average, mach five point three. She pulls off a move dubbed “The Sonic Shadowboom” that produces a grayscale sonic boom. But that's not all sir. She has demonstrated the ability to control the weather and change it in ways that defy all logic and reason”

“Yes, I’m reading the report now. Hailing hayburgers, bubblegum clouds...raining grape juice. Remind me to invite her to the next company cookout ha!” joked Blueblood, though he was giving these reports a serious looking over.

Truthfully he had never before given Team Chaos much thought. He was constantly busy with what he considered more important work, and Team Harmony always seemed to take care of things with a firm handle on any problem Chaos could come up with. If he were being honest, he considered the actions of Team Chaos to be akin to foalish games, more immature than threatening. However the more he read, the more worried he became. The more he looked over, the more he started to understand Twilight’s concerns. These beings had the potential to wreck all of Equestria if they wanted to. The destructive power in just one of them was mind blowing.

Octavia handed over another file and began to speak.

“Next we have the green eyed one who identifies as Hymnphonic. Her powers are very simple. She has the magic levels of an Sigma class unicorn, and seems to be getting stronger with every confrontation between the two teams. She can cast very complex spells some mages spend decades trying to master. But that isn’t the scariest part”

Blueblood had to ask “what’s the scariest part about this mare?”

“Her voice. It has hypnotic properties that can force ponies to not only do whatever she wants them to do, but also get them to generally WANT to do it. Victims of her hypnosis say they didn’t really feel any real desire to fight against it. At this time, we have no idea of the full scale of her power level. We don’t know how many people she can control at once, the range and carry her voice has, or even the complexity of the commands she can give. All we know for certain is that as long as you can hear her voice, she can hypnotize you”

Blueblood nodded, Hynphonic could definitely be a threat. He opened the next file, only to raise a brow at the empty folder. Well, it was empty save for one picture. Of a black mare with yellow eyes and hair, giving a huge grin and waving at the camera enthusiastically. Something about the mare felt really...off…

“And….this one?” he asked.

The other agents all just shivered before Derpy spoke up “Mare goes by the name of Party Pop. We...can’t figure out what the full extent of her powers are, all we could discern is that she’s supposed to be the chaotic version of the Element of Laughter, Pinkie Pie”

Now it was Blueblood’s turn to shiver, he quickly closed the the file and opened the final file, which was one of the largest.

“Disarray, also known as Spike Draco Sparkle, Princess Twilight Sparkle’s adopted younger brother, dragon, age eighteen, male. He has demonstrated master level tactician skills, master level problem solving skills, and has a knack for imagination and creativity. He seems to have an in depth knowledge of the inner workings of magic and according to our scanners his power output levels are on par with, if not greater than, that of Princess Twilight herself. That makes sense, considering he’s Twilight’s rival and most likely has undergone magical alterations to be able to compete with her on her level. Like how a unicorn channels magic through their horn, Disarray seems to channel it through his fire breath, unleashing blasts of flame that can warp reality itself. We aren’t sure to what extent he could warp it and it seems it can only be fixed with a harmony wave”

Blueblood nodded, closing the file and sighing. He was a fool for thinking this mission was a waste of time. They should have had files open on Team Chaos since day one. Speaking of…

“What about their leader, the blue three eyed being?”

“Yes, the being goes by the name Maelstrom. They are the current acting god of chaos, since Discord ‘retired’...we are still unsure if that is literal or code for something more sinister. Either way, we have no data on Maelstrom. All we can do is logically assume that if Team Chaos is willing to follow them, they must be some kind of next level powerful” replied Lyra.

Well, that was troubling, however something else caught his attention.

“I noticed the only actual name you had on here was Disarray’s. Could none of you figure out the names of the other members of Team Chaos?”

The other agents looked everywhere but at Blueblood. Finally Derpy spoke up.

“We tried our best boss. But they just didn’t slip out. We thought were on to something with Party Pop, but then she just turned and waved directly at the camera like she knew it was there all along. We had thought we had been compromised”

Nodding understandingly, Blueblood paced a little as he thought to himself.

There was no real need for panic, because there’s a high chance Team Chaos doesn’t know the ESS even exists, and it would be towards their benefit to keep it that way. Yes, staying in the shadows was the best thing to do. Still, it seems they were going to have to move on to phase two. He was hoping this would have all the info he needed and could then go home, but no, it was never that easy.

“With all of that out the way, the second phase of the operation is a go. I’ll head to the castle to meet with Agent Sparkle, in the meantime all units are to continue treat this as a priority C level mission; I want to finish this as quickly as possible.”

Derpy nodded before turning to the others “You heard him, Observe and record only, we continue collecting information”

With a nod, all the spies saluted each other and left without a trace. Blueblood sighed as he stealthily made his way to the Castle of Friendship. This was going to be a long weekend he thought to himself.


Meanwhile at the Hotel Royal Ponimeron:

Team Chaos had appeared in a purple and golden flash in front of the famous resort. Grinning at each other, the team made their way up the front door, their luggage magically floating behind them.

“Vacation, here we come! All play, all relaxation, and no pesky agents of harmony to ruin our fun!” exclaimed Maelstrom, stretching out their four arms.

“This is going to be great!” agreed Disarray, admiring the class and architecture of the huge lobby they stepped into.

“And the best part is, we can be in our natural chaotic forms here, no need to hide or be on the lookout for this or that!” said Party Pop excitedly.

“Natural form?” questioned Chimera

Hymn nodded and spoke up “Doesn’t your chaotic form feel more natural to you than your old pony form? It feels that way for me. When I have to take my old form around my sister, it feels like I’m just wearing a mask, like it’s not who I truly am”

Chimera slowly nodded “Yea...I get it, I’ve always kinda felt that way around my family, now even more so”

"Hey! Hey! Enough with the deep depressing stuff, it’s vacation time!” chimed in Bad Seed.

With that settled the team continued up to the front desk to check in, but stopped when they heard two familiar voices.

“Stop complaining Diamond, this is just what we needed; a nice long weekend away from those blank flank losers. Think about it, our bad luck started when we began following them around. Let’s just relax and not think about them for a few days”

“Yea, I guess you’re right Silver...I won’t let them bother me anymore! It’ll just be us, relaxing and forgetting about everything. HA! I bet those three dream about coming to a place as expensive as this. It’s a shame this place is so exclusive only the truly elite even know of it. I’d love to rub it in their faces”

Both mares shared a laugh.

“That’s the spirit Diamond, but let’s not even talk about them” said Silver Spoon “It’ll just bring on more bad luck, this weekend, it’s just about us”

Silver then wrapped her arms around Diamond, and pulled her in for a quick kiss. Diamond's eyes widened in surprise, but then softened as she returned the gesture, kissing back.

“Yes. Just about us”

At that point a small cough was heard and the two mares turned, blushing slightly, to a nearby stalion wearing a butler’s uniform “Miss Diamond, Miss Silver, I have precured your membership identification” he said, holding out two silk bracelets, both encrusted with emeralds.

“All Inclusive package, right Silver Platter? That’s what daddy said he got us” Diamond asked, taking the bracelet and putting it on. It would show their status among the elite around the resort and allow them to pretty much do whatever they wanted.

“Of course, Ma’am. Only the best for you two” Silver Platter answered with a smile. “You have free reign of the resort, with the exception of the royalty wing for obvious reasons. I have already sent your luggage to your room. I shall be at your beck and call should you require anything. Might I be so bold as to say, Miss Diamond, it is so good to see you smiling again”

“You are such a good butler, I don’t tell you that enough” said Diamond, looking over at Silver spoon with a small smile on her face, reaching over and grabbing her marefriend’s hand “And well; not a dork in sight, my mare beside me, at a high class resort for the whole weekend? I have a lot to smile about” she said, pulling Silver away to their room to unpack their stuff and figure out what they were going to do first.

Silver Spoon giggled as she followed behind her mare and looked back at Silver Platter, mouthing “Thank you dad, love you.” The stallion just grinning and giving a professional bow as he turned and made his way to his own room over in the servants’ wing.

Team Chaos has been watching the whole thing unfold with their mouths literally on the floor. One by one they picked up their dislocated jaws, looking at each other pondering what they just saw.

“Well….that was….um….interesting…” said Disarray slowly

“Who knew those two were dating…....kind of obvious though when you think about it…….” added Hymnphonic.

“Or that Silver Spoon’s dad was Diamond Tiara’s personal butler” chimed in Party Pop.

“I’m just glad they didn’t notice us..” Chimera said with a sign of releif

“Enough pondering about them, let’s just get checked in” said Mael, floating over to the receptionist’s desk.

The mare behind the counter was shocked, seeing the gods of chaos standing before her, but she managed to keep her sense of professionalism. “Ah, welcome to The Royal Ponimerion, how might I be of service on this perfect day?”

Maelstrom raised a brow at the lack of a reaction and smirked a little. Ok, this mare earned herself a tip. “Maelstrom and the Master of Mayhem checking in”

The mare, whose name tag said ‘Prim Rose’, pulled out a red book and looked through it, frowning before glancing up at the deity “I’m sorry, I don’t see you on the booking ledger…”

Mael just raised a brow, causing the mare to sweat a little “Of course, guests as esteemed as yourselves would have an all inclusive stay, not a simple regular booking for common elites!” she nervously said, pulling out an emerald green book and looked through it, frowning again when she couldn’t find what she was looking for.

The rest of the team were to busy talking amongst themselves about what they had just learned about Diamond and Silver to notice the exchange. Maelstrom sighed and leaned over the counter, all three eyes trained on the mare who was now profusely sweating. Other staff at the counter had noticed the group and Prim Rose, who looked like a deer in the headlights. All of them felt bad for the her. None of them moved an inch to help her.

Prim Rose looked into the golden eyes of Maelstrom; they seemed to bore through her, into her very essence, her very soul.

“This is the Royal Ponimeron, one of the most exclusive, high end, luxury resorts on Equis is it not?” asked Maelstrom.

“yes…” squeaked the mare.

“And you recognize me, correct?”

“y-yes”

“Who am I?”

“Th-the new god of chaos...Maelstrom….”

Maelstrom nodded and then focused their eyes back on Prim Rose.

“That’s right, a god. So, you checked the regular ledger, and then you checked the luxury ledger. But what you should have checked, what you should have reached for first, what you should have had at the ready...was the Royalty ledger.”

The mare just stared, slightly slack jawed “B-but, that ledger is for royalty and-”

“And a god is lesser than a royal? Check the ledger and I believe you shall find my name and booking for myself and the Masters of Mayhem. There should also be some identification bracelets already made up for us” There goes her tip.

With no hesitation, the mare opened a safe under the desk and pulled out a golden book. The pages seemed to have been made of leaflets of pure silver. The mare opened the book and looked to the last pages for newer entries.

There is was, etched into the silver, the names of Maelstrom and each of the Masters of Mayhem. Maelstrom just smiled as the mare stared dumbly at the page.

Within a second, she had put on her smile and mask of professionalism “I’m so sorry for the inconvenience and delay, your royal suite is all ready for you and the servants will take care of your luggage. Please, if there is anything you need, never hesitate to ask” she said, pulling seven small ornate boxes out and handed them over to Maelstrom who just floated them into the air. With a final smirk the deity turned away from the desk and back to their team. The receptionist just let loose a sigh of relief.

“Ok gang, gather around, you need your membership bracelets” Mael said, handing each team member a box.

“Yea, Diamond had one, what’s up with those?” asked Shadow

“A very good question. Well, turns out this place isn’t just some luxury resort, it’s THEE luxury resort, rather hush hush. It’s mainly a place where the nobility, royalty, and super elite of the world can come and not be bothered with the common folk. Well, they need a way to identify if you’re a member without giving away the resort and obviously membership cards won’t work for a place you want to keep secret so…”

“So they use jewelry instead. A common pony or whomever wouldn’t think twice about seeing some rich person walking around with jewelry on!” said Disarray, wide eyed.

“Right, the different materials used, the type of encrusted gems, even the patterns, help identify you as not only someone in the know, but your standing amongst the elites”

The team opened their boxed, putting on their bracelets. Said bracelets were a mixture of gold and silver, encrusted with both diamonds and emeralds in an ornate pattern.

“So what does this mean?” asked Bad Seed.

Maelstrom started to answer, but was cut off as a nearby mare cleared her throat. Said mare, a pegasus, was timidly looking at each of them as her hands fiddled with her maid outfit.

“Greetings, I’m Feather Duster, I’ll be one of your servants for the duration of your stay here at the Royal Ponimarion, If you’ll follow me, I’ll escort you to your suite in the royal wing.”

The group smiled and followed Feather Duster as Maelstrom spoke up “To answer your question, before I was so rudely interrupted..” Feather Duster flinched “Our bracelets identify us as royalty. Think of it as a lifetime all expenses paid completely and truly all inclusive package”

“Woah, how much does something like that even cost?!” asked Chimera.

“It’s not about just money. Just having money isn't enough to buy this. It’s about power, influence, and status. We’re gods, that puts us on the same level, if not higher, than royalty. This weekend, we’re going to be pampered as such.”

Feather Duster wisely chose to stay silent and wait till Maelstrom finished their explanation before opening the double doors in front of them and speaking up “Masters, Mistresses, your suite. Should you require anything, we are your humble servants at your beck and call” she said, walking over to a nearby servant’s door and going through.

The team just stared. Suite? This was no suite. It was a mini palace. Mael just grinning “It’ll do”


At the Castle of Friendship:

Agent Blueblood stood in the main foyer of the palace as Twilight closed the doors behind him, placing a charm on them to alert her if anypony, or dragon, tries to enter the castle.

“I’m glad you came Blue, tell me, what do you know so far” asked Twilight, an expectant yet worried look on her face.

“Let me start by apologizing. I had thought this whole assignment would be a waste of ESS resources, but what my team has uncovered changed my view of the threat level of the Masters of Mayhem. We weren’t able to obtain their true identities, but we have chronicled their powers, and I do believe that they may pose a significant threat to Equestria’s safety. So I apologize for doubting your reasoning Twilight”

The purple princess smiled “No apology necessary Blue, I’m just glad somepony else understands the gravity of the situation. I would love to see the data you’ve collected on their powers, I myself have been trying to collect data on the full extent of their abilities, but right now we need to focus on figuring out their identities and plans”

Blueblood nodded “To Disarray's room then?” he said, making a mental note to compare notes with Twilight.

“Yes, follow me and stay close, Disarray left some boobytrap pranks around” replied Twilight, leading the way through the castle.

As the two navigated their way, Blueblood remembered something important he needed to talk to Twilight about “Twilight, could I receive an update on that new equipment I had requested?”

Twilight nodded “It’s pretty much done. Just finishing up some final testing, looking for any bugs, you should have it before mid week. But right now we need to concentrate on the mission at hand, this is the most dangerous part”

Blue nodded as they reached Disarray’s room. Twilight immediately began scanning the door for traps. As soon as her magic touched the door, the two were blasted from seemingly nowhere with gallons of honey followed by a bath of feathers covering them completely and for the grand finale the floor become slippery with oil and the two ended up sliding down the hall, down a flight of stairs, and right out the front door.

Blueblood just layed their, sighing “so about that equipment…”

Twilight sat up, staring angrily at the castle “Fine, Disarray wins this round, I’ll get cleaned up and get it finished, give me an hour or two”


At the Royal Ponimeron’s indoor pool (not to be confused with their outdoor one):

“Girls, Girls! Check this out!” called Party Pop from the top of the largest diving board at the pool. “This is something I’ve always wanted to try; get ready!” She said, bouncing higher and higher, almost comically so. A life guard had noticed the mare and was currently climbing the ladder to stop her from hurting herself.

Down on the ground however, her friends cheered her on.

“Show us what you can do!” called out Disarray.

“You can do it! You got this!” cheered Chimera.

Maelstrom and Hymnphonic were lounging on pool chairs. Hymn looked up and smiled “This has the opportunity to be quite the epic moment” she added.

“Show em you’re a true apple!” cheered Bad Seed

“This is going to be good…” commented Mael

“Pop! Pop! Pop! Pop!” chanted Shadow Blitz

The lifeguard had made it about halfway up the ladder when Pop jumped extra comically high, did several flips and proceeded to fall in what appeared to be the position for a belly flop. To any onlooker it looks like she was about to either knock herself out, fracture her ribs, or at the least be in some serious pain. All watching cringed to various degree as she neared the water...only to slow down to a near stop, suspended in air for a few seconds, long enough for the lifeguard to mutter “that the hay” before Party Pop gently plinked into the water without so much as a ripple.

The rest of the team burst out laughing, congratulating Pop as she climbed out of the pool and bowed.

“That was one of Pinkie’s moves, right?” asked Chimera.

“Yup! It’s a shame she isn’t here to see me, but I’ll have my chance to show her what I can do. It’s so much fun having these powers.”

“That it is Pop, that it is” chuckled Mael.

From the other side of pool, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon looked on at the scene with a stare of mild confusion, anger, and reprove. Who let these uncultured disruptive idiots into their paradise?!

“Such manners…” sighed Silver.

“They’re as noisy as those blank flanks! You’d think gods would have a bit more class!” complained Diamond with a ‘hmph!’

Silver spoon sighed again as Silver Platter brought them both over another drink. She looked over at the group of dark ponies and suddenly noticed something.

“Wait a second! Diamond look! Isn’t that...what’s his name...Rumble?”

“Huh? Rumble who? Or yea, that loser I gave the camera to. What in the world would he being doing here? Are you sure?”

Silver nodded “Yea! I saw it, he changed from that weird creature, into Rumble, and then one of the mares said something to him, and he glanced around and turned back into that creature! And now that I’m looking over there more, it seems the whole team is here. Look, there’s that dragon over there with them. It’s that same dragon that was always around Princess Twilight, the one that joined the Masters of Mayhem? Over there! Look! There’s that new god of chaos too, lounging on one of the pool chairs!”

Diamond looked closer and nodded, yup there was that dragon. Disarray, she thinks he calls himself now. Also, yes, there was the new god of chaos. Turning, she looked over at the blue haired dark stallion. That mixed matched thing was Rumble? How? When?

“Why would that be Rumble though, the last time we saw him, we told him to follow the blank flanks around…” said Diamond, pondering out loud “And why would he be with that dragon…”

“I heard the dragon doesn’t even work for Princess Twilight anymore, as soon as he joined up with Chaos, he was fired. At least, that’s what I overheard Miss Rarity talking to Roseluck about” added Silver

Diamond was deep in through, trying to put all the pieces together. Rumble was sent to follow the blank flanks, and somehow is now a Master of Mayhem. Spike joins Maelstrom, turns into Disarray, gets a new form. Where’s the connection?

Suddenly, her eyes got wide “No….NO WAY!”

“What!? What is it??” asked Silver

“That dragon, Disarray, joins chaos. Then that nightmare night with that evil candy happens. Remember back then?”

“Ugh, don’t remind me, I can’t even enjoy my favorite cocktails anymore, have to settle for dryer drinks” groaned Silver

“No, but think! Back then, he had three mares helping him! An earth pony, a unicorn, and a pegasus! Yea they may look different, but what other trio matching that do we know?”

Silver thought for a moment before going wide eyed herself “No….there’s no way…”

Diamond’s brain was whirling “If the dragon gets a new form, and Rumble got a new form...wouldn't those loosers also get a new form? After that Nightmare Night, those three were part of a handful of ponies not affected by that candy. If they were the one’s giving it out, then of course they wouldn’t eat any! And I said it back then, remember? They were acting weirder than normal, like they were up to something! And that dragon worked for the princess, who’s friends with their sisters, of course he’d know them! It all just makes too much sense!”

Silver nodded slowly, still wide eyed, looking across the pool at the playing group “but...that still doesn’t explain Rumble, or that other mare….unless…”

“Unless they recruited Rumble, another blank flank, into their weirdo club when we sent him to watch them. We should have done it ourselves, there was no way a blank flank wasn’t going to mess that simple task up! As for that other mare, it could be...who was it, that one mare that was related to Applebloom?”

The both sat in silence and thought before turning to each other “Babs!” they said in unison “That little traiter” Diamond added.

“Holy Celestia, this makes way to much sense. If we’re right...their sister’s are going to kill them! We’re going to need proof though” Silver said, looking over to Diamond with a dark grin

“Well get our proof. We’ll expose them and it’ll be their end…” replied Diamond as she looks over at Silver with the same dark grin “But first…” she added, pulling her mare in for a kiss.

Unaware of the ‘danger’ they were in, Team Chaos dried themselves off and made their way out of the pool area, walking through the hallways just enjoying themselves.

“Hey Look, they have a nightclub here!” said Hymnphonic, noticing the framed poster on the wall.

“REALLY?!” Pop practically screamed. “We’re going right?! We’re so totally going!!”

Bad Seed shrugged and smiled “Seemed like a fun idea”

“Perfect way to end the first night of our vacation” agreed Disarray.

Before they could contemplate the night any further, their were interrupted by both Shadow Blitz and Disarry’s growling stomachs.

“Lets head back to our suite and order some food first” suggest Mael with a chuckle.

“Shouldn’t we go to the dining hall?” asked Seed.

“There are no dining halls here, only various restaurants. We’ll visit those in time, but we have some of the finest room service at our disposal, it would be a waste not to use it.

With a grin, the team turned to head back to their room, all thinking of the yummy things they’d order. All except one. Hymn reached out and grabbed Disarray’s arm, the drake turning and raising a brow.

“Hey...um...tonight, I was wondering if you’d like to, you know, dance with me?” she asked, blushing, thankful her dark grey fur hid it.

Disarray smiled.

“Of course Hymn, it’ll be fun”

Hymn smiled back and both of them went to catch up with the others.

Unbenounst to the two, they were being followed.

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon walked down the hallway, quiet enough not to draw attention to themselves, but without any real fear or care. After all, they had all inclussive memberships, there wasn't anywhere they couldn't go. They were going to find out which room the Master of Mayhem were staying in, and then spy on them. It seemed like a good plan, until they were stopped by a pegasus.

"What the...move out the way servant!" Diamond almost growled.

"I-I'm afraid I can't do that. This area is off limits" responded Feather Duster

"Off limits?? Off Limits?! Do you see this?" said Diamond, holding up her wrist to show her bracelet "This means I'm a Luxury member, this means I can go wherever I want! Now move!"

Feather Duster squeeked a little at the agressive mare in front of her but held her ground. Silver Spoon decided to take a cooler approach.

"As you can see, you can't stop us. We were just trying to meet up with some of our friends who we just saw enter this way. The Blank Flan-I mean, Masters of Mayhem, perhaps you've heard of them?" she asked calmly.

Feather just shook her head "You are friends with th-the M-Masters of Mayhem?! I'm terribly sorry!" stuttered Feather.

"Well, you had better be bu-" Silver had begun to say but was cut off.

"but even Luxury members aren't allowed in the Royal wing, If you'd like, I'd be more than happy to go and alert them of your arrival" finished Feather Duster.

Both Diamond Tiara just stared. The Royal wing. Those annoying dorks were staying in the Royal Wing??? HOW?!

Silver quickly spoke up when Feather Duster turned to complete her task "No! No no, that won't be nessisary. We wouldn't want to bother them" she said, faking a sigh "I supposed we'll just have to see if they'll be in the gardens for afternoon tea"

Diamond nodded and the two turned and left, leaving a frazzled Feather Duster in their wake.

"How how how how HOW do THOSE LOSERS get to stay in Royalty wing?! It's not fair! This was supposed to be OUR vacation! OUR paradise!" Diamond whispered, quietly fumming as the duo walked back to their own suite.

Silver Spoon looked at her angry marefriend and nodded, glaring back down the hall towards the royal wing. It was supposed to be the perfect vacation, just her and her mare. She had been so excited; just the two of them together in paradise! Now those dorks just HAD to come and RUIN it just like they ruin everything! Oh they were going to pay...