• Published 21st Apr 2018
  • 3,034 Views, 72 Comments

MLP: Age of Chaos - religarro



What does it mean to be a deity? It's not all fun and games; with unlimited power comes all the weight of being a ruler, a leader, a god. Right? Unless you're a team of chaos gods, then it really IS all fun and games...

  • ...
5
 72
 3,034

Chapter 13 - KSFM

Twilight got up early, ready and determined to show Disarray the full extent of Team Harmony’s new powers. With mild curiosity she knocked on his door, still no answer. It didn’t seem like it was locked, but she knew better than to try and open it. However, she couldn't help the sense of emptiness she had felt since their fight in the power ponies comic. He hasn’t been home, she hasn't even gotten a good chance to talk to him since their...fight. That last prank feeling more of a stage play than anything, with him mocking her than any real dialogue.

Slowly she made her way to the kitchen, lamenting about how she missed their morning chats.

“Oh...well...I guess I could always listen to the radio…”

Turning the radio on, a confused expression grew over her face as fast tempo beats started playing over the speakers.

“Wait, this isn’t my normal station. I wonder who touched my radio…” pondered the purple princess as she examined the dial. No, this was supposed to be easy listening music. She turned the dial but nothing changed. Was her radio broken, or was this actually being broadcasted on all frequencies. “I thought only the princesses could do something like this, and why this music?”

After a few seconds, a beautiful voice rang out over the tunes. “How are my favorite colts and fillies doing? This is every stallion’s favorite mesmeric disk jockey, and you’re listening to KSFM, pumping the best beats and jazziest jams your way. So get ready to rock and sway! Isn’t that right?”

The next voice that spoke made her heart skip a beat. “This is DJ Disarray, your disk jockey extraordinaire! Crank up that volume and wake the neighbors, because we’re bringing the grooves to move your hooves! Is your heart pounding with the beat? Am I getting through to you? Go on, show us what you got!” said the draconic lord of chaos and mayhem. “Now here’s a little something to get your hips moving. We’re starting this jamfest jamboree right with 24 Hour Party People, by 2 M3LL0” said Disarray as a catchy song started up.

24 Hour Party People don't sleep don't drink don't eat like we do,

I'll leave you be if you leave me be too but I can't reach you, when you need to

Get in trouble, you just wanna get in trouble

Do the hustle, everybody do the hustle

Get in trouble, you just love to get in trouble

Do the hustle, everybody do the hustle

Twilight looked down and realized she was tapping her hooves. Sure, she would admit the music was good but it wasn’t her flavor. Then why were her hips swaying? Was the music enchanted to make people dance? Seemed like Team Chaos was at it again.

“I have to turn off the radio before it completely affects me!” she muttered as she reached out her hand, a seemingly invisible force keeping her from turning the power dial. “I need to turn it off...but the beats are too funky fresh!” she cried out. “Wait…’beats too funky fresh’? I don’t talk like that! What are these smooth grooves doing to me!”

“Next up, Bless the funk!” announced Dj Disarray over the radio.

Across town at Sweet Apple Acres the apple siblings were busy bucking trees to the tempo of the music. “We’re makin good time with these apple sweet jams big bro!” said Applejack, a huge grin on her face. She hated to admit it, but Team Chaos’ prank was actually beneficial. The siblings had figured out pretty early on that the dancing didn’t really affect your normal day activities, you just danced while doing them. There was also something weird and magical about the music where you didn’t even feel tired from all the dancing. With the fast and mean tempo of the music the two Apple siblings could buck with the beat and work almost twice as fast with no signs of slowing.

“This music ain’t normally my mug of cider, but I gotta admit, these beats are rockin!” Applejack said and she danced her way over to a tree and bucked it.

Big Mac threw his hoof back and forward, bucking a tree directly in front and behind him before dropping into a perfect split, getting up, and spinning on one hoof. “Diggity.”

Over at Sugarcube Corner, Pinkie Pie was a baking dynamo. “Only a truly powerful beat master can inspire this bake master!” she said, giggling.

Mrs Cake was right next to her, dancing away “Shake them buns Pinkie!” she cried out, icing some hot cross buns.

Mr. Cake was nodding his head and tapping his hooves, watching his wife sway before sliding up and grinding against her hips “Let’s show Pinkie how we used to dance during our honeymoon” he purred into her ear.

“Ooooo yea! Show me some moves Mrs Cake!” Pinkie giggled, shimming her shoulders as she added sprinkles to a tray of cupcakes.

Mrs. Cake blushed but nodded, twerking against her husband as she bent over to put another tray of cookies in the oven. “Now watch closely Pinkie; I call this move the Shake n Bake!”

In Carousel Boutique Rarity was using her magic to sew a pair of bell bottom pants together as she grinded against one of her mannequins, Fluttershy was dancing around her cottage as she fed her animals, and Rainbow Dash danced across the sky in an amazing display of aerial acrobatics.

All of equestria, no, the whole world was feeling the groove thanks to KSFM.

“This is DJ Party Pop, your chaotic party master and beat blaster here at KSFM. Pop a move, rock it out! We keep the jams jumping, the beats bumping, and your hearts pumping! Bless the funk, rock the beat! Next up is Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough, and you better not stop! Not till you’ve had enough. And how much is enough? Who knows! No music, no life!”

Thanks to everypony in Canterlot blasting their radios at full volume, there wasn’t anywhere in the city you couldn’t hear it. Even Castle Canterlot wasn’t spared. The normally motionless guards weren’t immune to the tunes. Every last one of them swayed or tapped their hooves at their posts. The weird part was that they were all somehow in perfect sync. Celestia shifted on her throne. Her wide hips moving back and forth, her head bobbing. All in all, things weren’t so bad. She’d even go so far as to say it was a rather entertaining day. She normally didn’t have any music to listen to during day court, so this was a welcome change. The dancing thing was adorable, fun, and in some cases hilarious; even if she didn’t recognize most of the music being played. It’s hard to take nobles seriously as they complain or throw a fit when they’re too busy cutting a rug. She was so into the smooth beats, and slick tunes, she almost missed Hymnphonic’s voice.

“This is every stallion’s favorite Disk Jockey, DJ Hymnphonic, reminding you to turn the beat up, wake the neighbors! This is KSFM, the best chaotic station to ever sail the airwaves. Up next is a special song, and shoutout to our lovely, voluptuous, and very bottom heavy leader, Princess Celestia. Take it away Disarray!”

“How low can you go? How low can you go! How low can you go? How low can you go!” Disarray’s voice rang out, accentuated with a deep bass beat.

Celestia could swear she could feel the beat in her hips. Each boom, making them pop a little. She tried to stand up, to get a grip, but no. As soon as she stood, the tempo sped up and Disarray began rapping.

“She can drop it lower than I ever really thought she could,

Face down, ass up!

The top of your booty jiggling out your capris, Princess pull your pants up,

I like it when I see you do it, better than I’ve ever seen it done before,

A lot of mares can drop it to the ground, but how low can you go?

Lower than your subjects ever seen it in their lifetime,

Never would've imagined, not even in her right mind,

You practiced in front of your mirror, now you doing it on the main floor,

Mad cause I can't be there so you can show me how to dance (Oh!)

I may not want to get low so I post it up kinda like a dragon do,

But if you come to the crib,

Then I might show you mares a thing or two,

Yea I think you’re a superstar with an ass like that you gotta blow,

Before you make it big, There's just one thing I gotta know…”

The princess of the sun, against her own will and in front of her guards, staff, visiting nobles, and even her sister who had just moonwalked into the throne room, dropped down and began twerking like there was no tomorrow. Her larger than life ass bouncing and shaking with a skill unseen in Equestria. Stallions stood erect, eyes glued to the sight. Mares looked on in jealousy and lust. The twin cheeks, unrestrained by a bright yellow thong and the loose but form fitting fabric of the princess’ sundress continued to bounce and twerked away. The solar princesses face was beet red as she decided then and there that this day wasn’t so entertaining anymore, wondering how much more embarrassing things could possibly get.

“P-p-praise the sun!” cried out a guard, more joining in. “PRAISE THE SUN!”

Twilight danced down the street with a hopping pep in her step, a solid strut to her walk, she had funk in her bones and rhythm in her soul. She could hear the radio as she made her way to Sweet Apple Acres.

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk I’m a stallions mare; no time to talk

Music loud and stallions warm I’ve been kicked around since I was born

But now it’s alright, it’s ok. I can look the other way.

We can try to come to care, what Canterlot does to a mare

Whether you’re a brother or whether you’re a mother you’re staying alive, staying alive

Feel the city breaking and everypony’s shaking but we’re staying alive, staying alive

Ah, ah, ah, ah, Staying Alive, Staying Alive! Ah, ah, ah ah

“STAYING ALIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVEEE!!!” sang out Twilight as she walked past the path to the apple farm. She decided to check on and get Fluttershy first. A smile graced her face as she reached the small hut.

Fluttershy was outside her shack, disco dancing in perfect sync with her animals as her radio blasted a house remix of Boogie Fever. Twilight just couldn’t help herself, she had to join in. Fluttershy smiled when she saw her friend, and the two danced together for a few minutes before the song began to wrap up.

“That was really fun Twilight. This prank isn’t that bad…my animals seem to really enjoy it” said fluttershy, smile still on her face.

“I agree that this is one of their more...enjoyable...pranks, but we still have to stop them. Come on, I’ll teleport us to AJ’s place.” said Twilight, taking the butter yellow pegasus’ hand and pulling her in such a way that caused Fluttershy to spin around and end up leaning against Twilight with the purple princess’ arm wrapped tightly around Fluttershy’s waist.

“Smooth moves” said Fluttershy softly, a deep blush on her face.

“Blame it on the boogie” replied Twilight flatly as the two teleported away.

Neither of the two of them were quite ready for what they saw. In hindsight, it shouldn’t have been all that surprising. Still, Applejack, Applebloom, Big Mac, Granny Smith, and for some reason Rainbow Dash were in front of the barn next to an old radio line-dancing.

Gon' and do the two step then cowboy boogie

Grab your sweetheart and spin out with 'em

Do the hoedown and get into it (whoo, whoo, whoo)

Take it to the left now and dip with it

Gon' throw down, take a sip with it

Now lean back put your hips in it

It's simple, you can do it (whoo, whoo, whoo)”

They couldn’t look away from the sight, especially when Applejack placed a hand on her head, holding her hat in place, before dipping to the floor and rolling her hips, Applebloom following suit, followed by Rainbow Dash...then Granny Smith, who got lower than the rest of them, pulling off moves like a professional a fraction her age.

“Wooo wee! I haven’t been able to dance like this in decades!” the mentioned green granny said, a huge grin on her face as she danced.

'Round, 'round, 'round and 'round you go

It's time to show out right now and take it to the floor

“Hey Twi! Flutters! Come over here and join us!” called out Rainbow Dash as she danced with Big Mac.

“Tempting, but we really need to end this prank” replied Twilight.

“Oh come on Twi, ain’t no harm in this one!” responded Applejack “Me an’ mah kin are havin’ a real hoot! Couldn’t we just go and let this one play out?”

“And let Team Chaos take the win?” Asked Twilight. “Never! Lets go”

“Alright, alright, we’re comin” shrugged Applejack, who gave her family a hug each before grabbing Rainbow’s arm and pulling her along. “So, who’s next”

“Rarity, then Pinkie Pie” replied Twilight. “Now come on, ease on down the road”

“Um, What did you say Twilight?” asked Fluttershy.

“I said come on and ease on down, ease on down the road. Don’t you carry nothing that might be a load, come on, ease on down, ease on down the road” sang Twilight, locking arms with Fluttershy and Applejack, who in turn locked arms with Rainbow Dash.

“Pick your left hoof up, and put your right hoof down” sang Rainbow “Come on, let's keep moving, don't you lose no ground. Because the road your walking can be long sometimes”

“But just stick with me and you’ll be just fine!” finished Twilight Sparkle.

“Come on and ease on down, ease on down the road” they all sang together, skipping in unison towards ponyville.
“Now there may be times when you wish you weren't born, and you wake one morning just to find your courage gone.” sang Fluttershy.

Twilight smiled at her friend as she continued to skip “But just know that feeling only lasts a little while, so just stick with me and I’ll show you how to smile!”

“Come on and ease on down, ease on down the road! Come on and ease on down, ease on down the road. Don’t you carry nothing that might be a load! Come on and ease on down, ease on down.”

“Ease on down, ease on down” sang Applejack and Rainbow Dash in unison.

“Ease on down, ease on down the road” they finished together, all four friend standing outside of Carousel Boutique.

“Wait a second! What the buck was that?!” yelled Rainbow Dash, it finally dawned on her what they just did.

“That was...the Music of Harmony!” cried out Twilight. She finally understood what it was Team Chaos was really up to. “They’re trying to hijack the Music of Harmony! Oh this is bad, this is really bad!” There were no radios near by, the music they heard came seemingly from thin air. They sang lyrics to a song they didn’t know, and danced their way back into town.

The Music of Harmony was considered borderline sacred! It was a force that helped keep all of Equestria happy and united; though other races thought it weird for ponies to spontaneously break out in impromptu musical numbers. This was horribly bad! Team Chaos needed to be stopped!

Without another word, the four rushed into Carousel Boutique, only to find it surprisingly empty. .

“Rarity?” the purple alicorn called out, as they moved around the shop “Are you here?”

“Maybe she went jigging around town like everypony else?” asked Applejack.

The Carousel Boutique was quiet, too quiet. Not a peep was heard until Rarity slid into her showroom; wearing nothing but a silk blouse, black panties, and socks. A guitar rift playing behind her.

“Just take those old records off the shelf!” she sang with the music, shaking her hips and dancing around her store. “I’ll sit and listen to them by myself! Today’s music ain’t got the same soul! I like that old time Rock n Roll!!”

With that finished she gave a twirl and struck a pose, jumping up and landing on her knees as if she just stuck the sickest guitar chord. She could only stare frozen and wide-eyed at her friends who stared back just as shocked.

With a cough she quickly got to her hooves. “Um, yes, let us add this to the list of things we shall never speak of again” she said quickly “I’m assuming you’re here to enlist my aid in ending this musical prank? Well, let's go then!” and began to quickly make her way to the door, only to be stopped by Applejack grabbing her arm.

“Um Rares...pants” the farmmare said.

“Oh, right! Excuse me darling!” said the pink faced fashionista, darling away to find something stylish. Returning with the pair of bell bottom pants she had been working on earlier.

“Now let's get Pinkie and end this” said Twilight, and the group jazz stepped their way to Sugarcube corner.

Back in Canterlot, things weren’t progressing much better as Celestia’s guards with chanting and saluting as she continued to twerk with unworldly skill.

“Left cheek! Right cheek! Left Cheek! PRAISE. THE. SUN!!!”

Back in Ponyville, the five members of Team Harmony finally made it to Sugarcube Corner. Opening the floor door they were once again greeted by an empty store.

“Pinkie? Where are you?” called out Twilight.

“Ah can hear music comin from the kitchen, lets go!” yelled out Applejack as she hopped the counter and made a mad dash for the door. The rest followed and burst into the kitchen, only to witness Mr. Cake sitting in a chair, as Pinkie Pie and Mrs Cake twerked on his lap “I call this one the hot crossed buns. Me and a friend used to do this for him back when we were still dating” explain Mrs Cake.

“Oh my….” muttered Fluttershy as the rest just stared, mouths agape.

“Oh hey girls!” Pinkie said with a smile and a wave, getting up and bounding over to her friends. She closes the kitchen door behind her as Mrs. Cake started so sensually grinding against her husband. “So we’re here to stop the mean ol Team Chaos right?”

Twilight nodded slowly, in her head she was questioning the relationship her pink friend had with the Cakes. Whatever, that could wait, there were more pressing issues!

“Come on girls, all together," said Twilight as each member of Team Harmony danced The Hustle in perfect sync.

“Uh, I think we kinda already are” piped up Rainbow Dash, giving Twilight a cheeky smirk.

“You know what I meant!” Twilight said, her eyes glowing white. “It’s time to end this silliness!”

The other nodded, their eyes glowing white as well. Together Team Harmony levitated off the ground. Locking hands, they all called out “Harmony Wave!”

A rainbow wave of light burst forth from the group, spreading out over the town and surrounding area. It expanded out until it covered all over Equestria, spreading peace and tranquility in its wake.

The girls were slowly lowered to the ground as their eyes returned to normal. Over the radio, gentle organ music was playing.

“We did it...we won! We beat chaos!” cheered Twilight.

“You all felt that wave of harmony wash over you and probably, like a certain foalish team, think our fun is done” came DJ Disarray’s voice over the radio. That same soft organ music still playing in the background as he spoke. “It won’t be that easy to take us off the air. Nice try though. I give it a B+ for effort, but a D- in creativity. This next song is dedicated to Team Harmony”

~When you try your best but you don’t succeed…~

Whatever was going to come next wasn’t heard as Twilight blasted the radio with her magic as a few strands of her hair standing on end as she stared off into nothing, one of her eyes twitching.

“I’ll stop Team Chaos. I have to! Even if it means blasting every last radio in Equestria! No, the WORLD!” she screamed.

“Woah woah woah, Ah think that’s abit much Twi” said Applejack

The others nodded their agreement but Twilight wouldn’t be swayed. “No!” she said sternly. “No, we HAVE to win! WE HAVE TO!”

“And we will darling, we always do” added Rarity softly, stroking Twilight’s back. “Deep breaths now...that’s it dear…”

“You all don’t understand…” muttered Twilight through clenched teeth, but she was slowly starting to calm down.

“Hey, no funky music is gonna stop us! I know the Music of Harmony is all sacred and junk, but it’s nothing to worry about. Nothing and nopony can stop us when we get serious” said Rainbow Dash, shadow boxing a bit. “Least of all Team Chaos; we always beat them and we always will!”

“...as long as they keep letting us….” Twilight muttered, giving an irritated huff. Suddenly she froze, eyes widening as she realised what she just let slip.

“What do ya mean by they let us?” asked Applejack.

“Oh. OH! Nothing! Forget I said anything!” Twilight hastily replied, having her hands dismissively.

“Don’t you lie to me Twilight, I heard ya loud and clear. What did ya mean when you said they keep letting us win?” asked Applejack again, taking a few steps closer to Twilight

With a heavy sigh Twilight relented. She hadn’t meant to let that slip out but there was no avoiding it now. She had to tell them the truth, at least this part of it.

“Princess Celestia had a talk with me...about Team Chaos” Twilight began. “She reminded me that back in his prime it took both herself and Princess Luna at full power WITH the help of the Elements of Harmony to defeat Discord. We not only defeated him on our own, but managed to reform him. She explained to me that on the totem pole of power Light and Dark magic are actually ranked lower than Chaos and Harmony magic”

“Are we really that much more powerful than the princesses?” asked Rarity, taking aback by even the thought of such a thing.

“I don’t think I’m that strong…” added Fluttershy meekly.

“Well, we are and we aren’t. In our current state? No. However, she told me we have wells of untold untapped potential. Greater power than Princess Celestia and Princess Luna combined. At least, that's what she said”

“We. Are. So. AWESOME!!!” cheered Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie together as they pumped their fists into the air.

“Now wait just an apple buckin 'moment. That don’t explain that part about Team Chaos lettin us win none” said Applejack, fixing Twilight with a stern look.

“Um, well, you see…” Twilight said, aware that all five sets of eyes were intently on her. “Princess Celestia also said that Maelstrom was much older and more powerful than Discord. That if the princesses had to step in, they would stand little chance at stopping them should Maelstrom ever get serious about taking over or even destroying the world. She also said that, keeping all this in mind, since Maelstrom is sharing their power with Disarray and the rest of Team Chaos...well...that means that The Masters of Mayhem are currently way way stronger than us. Celestia said that their general lack of rules and restrictions gives them the freedom to do more while we have to work within certain rules but will match them eventually.”

“No way!” screamed Rainbow Dash.

“I’ve been wracking my brain over and over for a while and that last prank of theirs all but confirmed it. They’ve been designing all their pranks and tricks for us to win. Don’t you see? The only reason we win and keep winning is because they wanted to lose! So this time we have to win at all costs! We have to prove that we can win because we have the skill and power to do so on our own, not because they let us win when it's time to clean up their messes!!”

“Well said Twilight Sparkle” came a voice from behind them.

Team Harmony whipped around to stare shocked at the four armed three eyed blue being hovering behind them. Maelstrom had arrived.

“Well said indeed. Spoken like a true Champion. Very admirable. However you were mistaken about certain things; though I can hardly blame you for making mistakes due to your lapse in information now can I?”

Before Twilight could respond, Applejack and Rainbow Dash had already rushed forward to place themselves between the chaos god and their friends.

“What are you doing here?!” Rainbow Dash practically snarled.

“I do what I wish," replied Maelstrom."I go where I want. Though, that doesn’t answer your question does it? I came here to check up on you all. Your first unwinnable prank, I had to see your reactions. I must say, I wasn’t disappointed. Your determination is quite inspiring”

“What do you mean unwinnable? Unwinnable games are no fun you big meanie head!” accused Pinkie Pie, who was pointing her party cannon at the elder god.

“Oh, don’t get me wrong, they weren’t going to keep the world cutting a rug forever. They’d eventually stop it themselves when they got board”

“Wait, you mean they could have stopped all those pranks at any time?!” Rainbow Dash said, her posture a mixture of surprise and slight defeat.

Maelstrom nodded. “With a few exceptions, yes”

“So, they just take over the Music of Harmony and what? Give it up? Just stop because they’re bored, thus giving us another free win we didn’t actually earn” said Twilight. “Why do they keep letting us win? What’s your game here?”

Maelstrom just chuckled. “Now Twilight, is that really the question you want to ask me? Think carefully.”

All three golden eyes were trained on Twilight Sparkle, an alicorn princess who suddenly felt very small indeed.

“N-no..”she stuttered, before finding her courage again and standing up straight “No. My question for you is this. What did I get wrong?”

Maelstrom couldn’t help but laugh “Such a nebulous question with so many answers! However, context! Context is everything. So I shall answer, within context” they began. “You were correct that I shared my power with the Masters of Mayhem. Shared. Past tense. They aren’t parasites, leaching their powers and abilities off me. No.”

At this point Maelstrom paused to take in the faces of Team Harmony as if searching for something. Nodding as if approving of something only they could see, they continued. “A more accurate description would be to say I broke off a piece of my power, of myself, and fused it to their very beings. Like planting seeds in fertile soil. A fertile soul in this case. A tiny fraction of my powers became theirs. Theirs and their own. Theirs to shape and mold, to train and harness. My plan? To see the seeds I planted grow into trees beyond your...heh…‘mortal’ comprehension. Do you understand? Their powers are a part of them. I have been guiding them down the paths to reaching their full potential. Every prank another lesson”

Twilight was speechless. So much information. Every question she had an answer to only spawned three more in their place. If that was true. If what they say was true…

A thought entered Twilight's head, one she hadn’t ever considered. What if Disarray’s change was permanent? She figured that she could keep beating the Masters of Mayhem, then take out Maelstrom, and everything would go back to the way it was. The thought that her baby brother would forever be like...that...no…

“You’re lying” stated Twilight.

“No...they ain’t…” said Applejack, seeming to understand Twilight’s train of thought. Silently she was thankful she didn’t have to go through what Twilight and Disarray were going through, the thought of having to constantly fight against a loved one, family no less...

“I have no reason to lie,” Maelstrom shrugged.

“But you still haven’t explained why they always let us win” piped up Rainbow Dash.

“Ah, well Miss Dash. Do you learn more from success or from failure?” asked Maelstrom.

“I wouldn’t know, I never fail!” shot back Rainbow Dash.

“I see modesty is never in short supply with you around huh?” Maelstrom said with a sigh.

“What was that about me being short?!” cried out Rainbow Dash through gritted teeth.

“Brains and wit either it would seem…”

A small cough from Rarity got the god’s attention. “Well, to answer you, I know I tend to learn more from fashion failures. Granted they are few and far between. When I was very young I made all sorts of mistakes before I figured out and learned what just worked.”

“Bingo” said Maelstrom with a grin. “Games designed to be lost to teach and train. But that’s not all of it, no. Some of it I fear is from their own doing. They seem to limit themselves into thinking themselves villains of this epic. In their minds villains must always lose, heroes must always win. I’ve been trying to help them get past this naive view of morality or how the universe works, but it’s a sentiment hard to shake. A world view written deep in their psyche. So, baby steps as it were”

“But they ARE the villains” pointed out Twilight.

“Yea, and villains go down!” added Rainbow Dash.

“See, its that very way of thinking that I’m talking about. That hard dichotomy between Chaos and Harmony; regulating one as evil and the other good. You lot see harmony as the ultimate good, and everything and anything that’s not it as a bad”

“Chaos directly opposes harmony and order!” Twilight said, raising her voice. “It does no good for the world other than create anarchy and dishevelment; messes that need to be cleaned up by others. You may try and convince me that the Masters of Mayhem are benign. Maybe even that you somehow have good intentions. And I know my baby brother is still good under all that corruption. But you will never EVER convince me that Chaos is a force for ‘good’! To suggest so is a slap in the face to the Teaching of Light and the Church of the Sun!”

The others had remained quiet during this outburst. It’s rare, but every once in a while you can’t see Twilight as the quirky bookworm, but as the alicorn princess she has become. This was one of those moments. She stood tall and regal, her wings spread defiantly, daring anypony to challenge her.

Maelstrom didn’t seem all that impressed. “If that's how you feel…” They said, their eyes narrowing, and Twilight was immediately reminded that this being was no pony.

“If that’s now you truly feel…”

They all took a tentative step back away from Twilight who was frozen in place, all bracing for the worse.

“Then let me help you.”

Their shock was palpable. “What do you mean?” Asked Twilight. “Help us?”

“Yes, help you," answered Maelstrom. Their voice has gotten both extremely low and extremely high simultaneously. “I will grant you exactly what you claim your heart desires. A wish, a wish, I shall grant you a wish! A world free of chaos. All chaos. All gone. I will take every mol of it out of this world. It will be a world flooded with Harmony”

Twilight was busy processing what she just heard to notice the low laugh. She glanced up to ask for clarification but was immediately overtaken by pure terror.

Maelstrom eyes had grown overly huge, bright, and seemed to be sucking and warping reality itself around them. On the beings face an impossibly large grin.

“I’ll enjoy watching you all drown in it”

There was a white flash.

Then nothing.