• Published 31st Mar 2018
  • 1,035 Views, 41 Comments

A New Starting Point - Lunar Flarion



A stallion finds himself in a new universe, which is far better than his own.

  • ...
4
 41
 1,035

Chapter 22: Exile Begins

Author's Note:

IMPORTANT!
Hello!
I wanted to tell you, the amazing reader, that this story is gonna be postponed for a little while since I am working on another project. But, do not fear, for if you do like the story and wish to see more, I will update it and chapters will come out to continue it until its final!
But, I also wanted to thank you, the reader, for reading this story. I wanted to thank you for taking time out of your day to read a random story about monsters and vamponies. I am truly thankful for it!

“Prim... wake up,”

Prim felt a soft poke, she groaned softly as she tried to wake up. Another soft poke and another, each one caused the young mare to gradually grow more awake. The starting point of the pokes was her belly, yet they slowly moved up to her face, and once she felt a poke to her cheek she finally woke up. With a soft yet angry glare, she looked over at the pony who was poking her. Even though her vision was slightly blurry from a rude awakening, she could make out the form to be Night Blossom. She yawned and stretched before she got herself up, from the looks of it, Night Blossom was tired as well. Prim’s eyes finally came into focus as she gave Night a confused look.

“Family meeting...” she said.

“It’s... four in the morning...” Prim complained as she tried to snuggle back up against Flare.

“It’s five...” Night said as she grabbed Prim and tugged her off the bed.

“NoOo!” Prim complained as half of her body hit the floor.

“Prim... family meeting... get up I can’t carry yooooooou....” Night complained.

They both groaned as Night tried to drag her off the bed. Prim gave little resistance as the rest of her slipped off the bed... they’re very professional when they are tired.

...

Prim and Night walked tiredly to the meeting room. Nothing happened other than the two holding each other up when they tripped or fell. Upon reaching the room, they opened the door, stepped inside, and sat down at the large round table made of wood. Tattered Moon, Midnight, Blood Moon, and Honey Glow sat around the table as well, each one at a degree of tiredness. Honey Glow, who would normally smile and greet them didn’t say anything and her smile was more forced than anything else. The rest of them had a more serious look on their muzzles.

“Alright, since we’re all here, let's talk about... the problem,” Midnight said.

“What problem?” Prim asked.

“...Well... the problem is... Flare...” Tattered Moon explained,” Well, his friend... Forbidden Light.”

This caught Prim’s attention,” What do you mean?”

Night chimed in as well,” Yeah!”

“Well... the truth is...” Honey Glow said.

“He’s dangerous,” Blood Moon finished,” We don’t know what he is capable of.”

“If that’s what you’re afraid of, I can go ask him!” Prim replied.

“No, that doesn’t remove the danger of the abilities he has,” Midnight countered,” I believe we only saw a fraction of it yesterday, and even then, it’s strong enough to block a blow from a sword and embed it into a CRYSTAL WALL!”

Prim was silent when Midnight finished, she had a great point, they barely knew the true strength of Forbidden Light. Though that didn’t deter her much since she knew that Forbidden wouldn’t hurt any of them. She straightened up her back and said firmly,” Flare wouldn't hurt us! And neither would Forbidden!”

“You don’t know that!” Midnight argued. Tattered Moon jumped slightly and put his hoof on her back, he tried to calm her down. Midnight didn’t look at him, her gaze both worried and stern that was aimed towards Prim.

“Well, if he wanted to hurt us he would’ve done it already!” Night said with a soft smile.

“First, why are you defending him? Second, he could just be trying to butter us up, then he would strike!” Midnight replied.

“I have to agree with your sister,” Honey Glow said.

“Yes, we know Flare would never hurt you, but we don’t know how much control Flare has over Forbidden Light,” Tattered Moon said calmly.

Prim was taken aback and slightly angered by their thought that Flare would only protect her. She was about to argue back but Night beat her to it,” First off, Flare would protect you as well! Two, it’s obvious that Flare can control Forbidden Light since when I went to get Prim for this “Meeting” I found Flare not Forbidden Light!”

“So? You don’t know how long it took for him to become Flare-”

“It took at least a few minutes because when I went to my room he was Flare!” Prim countered.

“OKAY ENOUGH!” Honey growled, her hooves slammed onto the table,” We are getting nowhere with this! This isn’t a trial on if Flare is going to attack us, this is about his friend!”

“You’re right... but we just can’t trust him... Forbidden Light I mean...” Tattered Moon said calmly, which caught Midnight’s gaze.

“The only way... the only way to solve this is by a vote on what to do with him...” Honey said.

“Before we do, we need to know our options!” Night replied.

“Yes, so it’s either he stays, or he gets kicked out of the kingdom, or, we lock him up and make sure he isn’t dangerous,” Midnight said, she rose up and firmly planted her hooves onto the table.

“WHAT!?” both Prim and Night yelled.

“What did he do to deserve banishment!?” Prim growled.

“He didn’t break any laws! We can’t lock him up!” Night argued.

“It doesn’t matter, he is dangerous!” Midnight argued back, Tattered Moon pulled her back and kept a grip on her arm.

“She’s right, we have three options,” Blood Moon concluded,” Let’s vote about this.”

Prim and Night looked at each other, both knowing what option they were going to choose. Midnight looked over at Tattered Moon, her eyes glowing softly with determination to protect her sisters. Tattered had to look away since he knew that Midnight would read him like a book, he didn’t feel the exact same way as her, but he knew he had to protect his people... and his wife. Blood Moon and Honey Glow both felt saddened by this, even though they didn’t even vote yet, but they have a feeling that, whatever happens here, will affect them.

“Okay, those in favor for keeping Lunar Flarion here?” Blood asked.

Within a second both Prim and Night’s hooves shot into the air. The rest looked on, all of them expecting this. Once their hooves fell, Blood Moon said,” Those in favor of banishment?” Every other hoof shot up into the air, other than Tattered’s.

Blood nodded and asked finally,” All those in favor of temporary imprisonment?”

Tattered’s hoof slowly came up. Midnight was slightly annoyed at her husbands choice, but she was happy that he didn’t vote in favor of keeping Forbidden Light out and about. Honey Glow looked over at Night and Prim,” I’m... so sorry Prim dear, but, Flare needs to go...”

Prim growled loudly, causing everypony in the room to move back slightly. Her eyes started to burn as tears started to form, but, she turned her head towards Midnight and the growl grew deeper. Midnight’s head slowly moved backward as the growl grew louder and louder. Prim’s growl soon died as she hung her head in defeat, she got off of her seat and walked out of the room. The whole room felt colder than ever as the mare exited, all of the ponies there felt sorry for Prim, but not more so than Midnight. Midnight’s stone cold deminer cracked slightly at how her sister looked, a pang of guilt ran through her as she looked on whilst her sister walked away in defeat.

Midnight thought for a moment, then looked up with a firm look,” I’m going to go talk to her, you tell the guards about Flare, dear.” Tattered Moon nodded as she got up and walked towards where she thought Prim was going.

...

Midnight walked for a few minutes, looking for her saddened sister. Every second that passed, Midnight felt guiltier for her decision, but she kept telling herself that this was for her sister’s protection as well as the kingdom’s citizens. She kept walking, her mind dead set on the closest room that wasn’t always occupied, the gaming room. As she looked for the room, she could see small wet droplet son the floor. Her guilt worsened as she knew of their origin.. her sister.

Once she found the gaming room, she pressed her ear against the door to try and hear if Prim was in there. The soft sound of a mare crying could be heard, Midnight knew, she had found her sister. She opened the door slowly, it gave off a light creaking noise as she walked in. Once she was inside, she scanned the room for her sister. That, however, didn’t take long. Midnight saw Prim laying on the couch with her hooves covering her eyes and her wings wrapped around her body. Midnight walked slowly towards her, each step she could hear her sister’s cries grow louder. Finally, she reached the couch and climbed onto it. Prim’s weeping form did not budge as Midnight scooted closer to her.

Midnight looked down at her sister, trying to think of a way to calm her down. She thought of telling her straight, hugging her, even snuggling against her to keep her calm like she did when they were younger, though she didn’t want to do any of that, cause it’d right out of the blue and make her feel uncomfortable, which is what Midnight didn’t want. So, she put a hoof on her sister’s back, but her wings pushed it away. Midnight said softly,” Prim, please, understand that I’m doing this to protect you.”

Prim’s voice was filled with sadness, more so than before, as she spoke, a small tear slide down her cheek,” He... didn’t do anything wrong...”

Midnight didn’t have the heart right now to tell Prim that it wasn’t that Flare didn’t do anything wrong, but it was more out of the fear that he was dangerous. Instead, she chose a different idea,” Well... how about we go see him? You can say goodbye to him”

*Sniff*” I would, but you probably told them to tell Flare to leave...” Prim started to calm down slightly.

“I did, but you can still tell him bye,” Midnight said calmly.

Prim didn’t say a word, she only nodded as her sister helped her up. Though, in her mind, she thought that she could tell him to meet her at a spot. She forced her smile away at it, she shall congratulate herself later with the leftover wedding cake. Midnight looked over at her sister, she saw that she was trying to hide her smile, and she smiled softly, thinking that her idea made her sister smile. The two decided to walk to Prim’s room to find Flare, really, the only place he could be right now, the entrance hall. Midnight knew that the guards would’ve escorted him to there so that he could leave without much difficulty. Though... every step they took closer to that hall, the more if feels like they weren’t going to have a moment with Flare...

...

Two guards sat there, their gaze distant and their minds cluttered with emptiness as they recounted what they had just seen. The stallion of another universe, willingly giving up and only asking a simple favor. The stallion that was almost everponys’ friend or at least mild acquaintance in the castle, now gone without a trace of where he once stood. The final favor of which he asked was to tell Prim that he was sorry that he couldn’t stay, and that he’ll miss her. Their gaze was averted by the sound of their captain calling out to them.

“Holly! Clover! Where is Lunar Flarion?” she asked. The two turned and saluted her, both noticing Prim, who was looking over and around them. They both knew she was looking for Flare.

“He... um... he!” Holly stumbled over her words.

“He... just left, your majesties!” Clover finished.

“WHAT!?” Prim shouted and glared, causing the two guards to shake. Prim’s eyes had both rage and sadness in them.

“If I may, Princess Prim, he has left a message for you!” Holly replied shakily.

Prim’s glare softened, but not by much,” What is it?”

“Flare said,”Tell Prim that I’m sorry for my departure and that I’ll miss and love her.” That is all, Princess Prim,” Holly replied.

Prim looked at them with a look of pure confusion as she processed what they had just told her. The two guards, trained for most dangerous situations, prepared themselves in ways that didn’t look too obvious. Midnight’s ears fell to the side of her head as she saw the gears finally start turning in her sister’s head. The three held their breaths as Prim’s eyes widen, they waited for her to shout at them, but nothing came, nothing but a rather soft, “Oh...”

Prim turned around slowly and walked away from the group, her ears flat against her head as she sniffed away a tear. She didn’t look back as she said,” I... guess I’ll be in my room... alone...”

The group released their breath in a collective wave of relief. They all looked over at Prim, whose head was down. Clover felt guilty, he looked over at his captain, he opened his mouth, but no words came out. He tried a second time, and this time, he spoke...

“I’m sorry, Princess Midn-” Clover started.

“No, you did your job, you have nothing to be sorry for,” Midnight said,” Dismissed.”

The two guards saluted and walked back to the barracks. Midnight looked over to where her sister was now walking, but, she didn’t see Prim. She knew where Prim was, but she felt that she overstayed her welcome near Prim at this point. Though, her sister instincts told her, yelled at her to go and comfort her. She tried to ignore them, and walked away, to the dining room to see if she could find Tattered Moon to talk to... privately.

...

Prim’s slow walk to her room was most painful, for she thought of the fact that she couldn’t even talk to Flare anymore, even more so that she couldn’t even see him anymore. She didn’t want to, but her mind recounted their moments together as both friends and as marefriend and coltfriend. Each memory made her feel both happy and sad at the same time, but, no matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t get the thoughts out of her head. Each thought was either a question or a memory, the questions hurt her the more she thought about it.

‘Why would he leave without putting up a fight?’ Prim thought,’ Does he actually love me? Or does he care to much about me that he didn’t want to see him hurt others?’

‘Where is he now?’ One thought yelled above them all. She felt as if her mind had cleared in that instant, she could only focus on that one thought as everything around her was drowned out. She later ran into her bedroom door.

-_-

*Somewhere in the Razorwood forest*

Flare had teleported to a random location. Why this location happened to be the deadly forest called Razorwood still confused him. He could’ve sworn that he wanted to teleport to the abandoned castle of the Solar Witch and the Night Bringer. Though he guessed his teleport got interrupted by something. So instead, he tried to look for at least a path to somewhere, anywhere. He walked over tree roots, under large trees themselves and went near a patch of poke-dotted blue flowers, that he sensed had trickster type magic connected to them. He wasn’t sure if he was going deeper or not into the forest, but he still continued his trek. Though he could feel that he was being watched by something, something powerful and magical, he could never pinpoint its location.

After searching for a good hour or two, Flare had finally found something, a tree with Tiki Masks around it and a door. He knew that it was about to get dark since the forest started getting darker. He didn’t trust the building though, simply because he didn’t know why it was here in the first place. Though he didn’t get time to pack anything, and he didn’t have any form of shelter other than the creepy hut.

“Tsk, creepy hut or outside?” Flare asked himself.

*Growling*

“Creepy hut it is!” Flare said, walking straight towards the hut. He looked back at where the growl came from and saw to glowing blue eyes staring at him, and he could swear, within the moonlight that was left, he could see that the creature had scales that were bright, light blue. Flare still walked inside, after running into the door first, thinking that he’ll think about it inside the safety of this ruined house. Once inside, he could’ve sworn that was the thing stalking him. It felt powerful, looked powerful just from the eyes it had, and he could sense a lot of magic from it.

He found a place to sit, an old chair. He had to admit, whoever used to live here had a knack for potion making. He could see a giant couldrin in the center of the room, potions on nearby shelves, and rotten ingredients with a small number of books. His interest grew greater about the books. He was sure that nopony was going to be back in a while... or ever, so he picked up a book and levitated it over to himself. The cover had a thick layer of dust on it, which Flare blew off. He opened the book and found a name, or what he could assume it to be. It was mostly faded to a point where it was the same as the page color, but what he could pick out was Z. O. A.

‘Probably the previous owner of the book...” Flare thought. He flipped the page and saw more another name. This name made him scratch his head, it was... Twilight Sparkle.

‘Great, another mystery to unravel, just my luck,’ Flare thought, annoyed,’ Maybe this book contains some answers...’

...

‘My queen, I have found the target!’ The light blue creature thought.

A female voice echoed back,’ Luminous, please, I’m your friend. Also, I don’t like it when you use the word “Target”, sounds like you’re going to kill somepony...’

‘Sorry... but I have found him!’ Luminous thought back,’ What should I do?’

‘Keep watch over him, and slowly lead him to the sanctuary,’ the voice responded,’ I can wait for him myself. I also don’t want him to panic.’

‘Yes, my q-... friend,’ Luminous replied,’ I will...’

‘Thank you, dearie,’ she replied,’ Though I can say that I cannot wait to meet him! I would like to talk to him about her~!’

‘Prim?’ he asked.

‘Yes! I can see that their relationship is growing!’ she replied happily,’ I just want to help it stay strong!’

‘Yes...’ Luminous replied,’ Shall I see you when the moon rises?’

‘Yes, and please, take your time with this one!I don’t expect him to come in just two chapters without a time cut...

‘Yes, madam! Luminous, over and out!’
...