• Published 31st Mar 2018
  • 1,034 Views, 41 Comments

A New Starting Point - Lunar Flarion



A stallion finds himself in a new universe, which is far better than his own.

  • ...
4
 41
 1,034

Chapter 14: The Big Night (Prim and Flare)

It had been a few months since the announcement of Tattered Moon and Midnight Bite being coltfriend and marefriend. At the same time, it has been three weeks since Flare’s nightmares started to act up again. He was always gaining sleep in the “morning”, but kept losing it at “night”. Right now Flare is sleeping, yet his body shutters and shakes.

With a single motion, Flare’s upper body springs up in fear, his red eye now emitting a red flame that covered the right side of his face. He wrapped his forelegs around himself, wanting to see if he was dreaming, or if he was back there. The pillow that laid across his face during his slumber, now sat, slumped over, at the wall opposite to him. He tried calming himself down, but, the only thing he could do was hyperventilate.

“Why, why the HELL!?” he growled to himself, his hooves now covering his eyes,” Why, do I have these nightmares?! I-I moved on from Malachite! I moved on from the soul of integrity! Why do I keep having these nightmares?!”

For weeks, he has had these dreams about his adoptive father, and the small, blue, innocent filly. The nightmares shared one thing in common, the two that were the victims, fell into something. His adoptive father, Malachite, into the core. Integrity into the stalactites that littered the bottom of the waterfall. He felt that he could’ve saved them, but... he didn’t. He always blamed himself for their deaths, he hated himself because of it, he hated them because of it.

He growled softly, his head flopping down onto the pillowless bed, and closed his eyes, not even bothering to look at the time on his clock.

“Why...why can’t I let them go? Why don’t I have nightmares about the ponies I’ve killed?” Flare asked softly, not expecting an answer.

“Give it a couple of years, then it’ll be a beach,” a voice in his head grumbled.

“Solar Eclipse, go back to bed, I’m not in the mood to deal with your shit,” Flare muttered back. Solar Eclipse is Flare’s darker side, the one who is sarcastic when unneeded, or the one who doesn’t care about others all that much. There was another, but, he has remained silent for a long time.

“Fine, mom,” Solar Eclipse mumbled, his thoughts disappearing form Flare’s head.

*Knock**Knock**Knock*

A hoof hit Flare’s door. The stallion waited for a response to see, well, hear who it was. A small voice worked its way through the mahogany wood.

“F-Flare, are you alright? You weren’t at breakfast...,” it was Prim, she turned the door handle and opened the door.

She peered in, her eyes scanning the room for Flare’s bed. Flare, sighed, getting up from his position, he gave her a solemn look. She walked inside, and straight for his bed. She sat down next to the bed and put her hoof on the top.

“Do, you... do you want to talk about it?” she asked, knowing that he had another one of his nightmares.

Flare shook his head. He sighed and got off the bed, saying softly,” Prim, I’m fine, and I’m sorry for missing breakfast, I’ll make it up to you.”

“You’re not fine!” she snapped, she was always sad whenever Flare wouldn’t tell her something like this. They were best friends after all, did he not trust her?

“Prim, if you think it’s something to do with you, it’s not. It’s about my past, something that I can’t forget... something I could never forgive myself for. It’s near pointless to worry about me,” Flare stated sadly,” Just, remember, I’ll make it up to you for missing breakfast, alright?”

Prim sighed and walked over to him. With a quick motion, she wrapped her hooves around his neck.

Flare wrapped his left hoof around her back, he hated when she used this tactic, she was trying to guilt the information out of him. But, he steeled himself from it.

The two released each other, Prim looking to the side. Within a second, she thought of a way that he could make it up.

“Flare, I know how you can make it up to me,” She said, looking back at him.

“Really?” he replied, intrigued,”How so?”

“I want you to meet me up at the top of the eastern tower, twenty minutes before the fireworks start. Understand?” Prim said, her gaze meeting his eye.

“Alright... if you want me too,” Flare replied, giving her a puzzled look.

“Yes, meet me there...it’s very important,” Prim replied.

“Than why not tell me now?” Flare questioned, raising an eyebrow.

A blush was visible on Prim’s face,” Well... oh would you look at the time I got to go!” She said, pointing at Flare’s clock. As Flare turned to look, Prim, galloped out of the room in one swift motion. Flare looked on as the mare fled, a deadpan expression on his face.

‘Ya know, she is good lookin~,” Solar snickered.

“Solar, I swear to Talos I will hit you!” Flare snapped.

----------------------------

Prim had made it halfway to her room before she decided to take a breather. He had almost caught her, but, she wanted to wait for it. She shook her head and walked the rest of the way to her room. Every step made an unknown weight become heavier and heavier. She knew what it was, she didn’t like it when Flare beats himself up over something, big or small. Al she ever wishes was that she could tell him her feelings, and he has the same feelings for her, and that he would tell her what’s been bothering him so much. Also, he has been talking to somepony named ‘Solar Eclipse’ when she walked up to his room.

‘I wonder what he thinks about,’ Prim thought, turning a corner to her room.

She reached her door, opening it and walking inside. She needed to get ready for the Blue Moon Gala. She looked at her bed, on it, as the seamstress was ordered to do, laid her dress. It was a simple dress like she has ordered. She never likes to be the center of attention, so the colors were also very generic, pink and grey, like her eyes and fur. She walked over to it and ran a hoof over it, gently. It was made of silk, she had forgotten to tell the seamstress what material it was going to be made of, so Prim guessed that the seamstress took a wild leap.

Prim sighed, the gala starts in only a couple of hours, since she checked on Flare after nine a.m.. She sighed once more and went to put the dress on to see how it feels.

...

Putting on dresses was still difficult for her, even if that was what a princess must wear, she still felt weird with something covering her body, and something wrapped around the base of her wings. Other than that, it felt nice, she only had one more complaint, it slightly dragged on the floor.

She groaned,” I’m taking this off before I meet Flare at the tower...”

She walked around in it, getting used to the feel of the dress. She never could get over how the dress rubbed the base, it made her feel... wrong.

After walking around for a few minutes, she took off her dress. She looked at her clock, the gala started at 7 p.m.

“I have enough time to take a nice shower or bath,” Prim stated. She grabbed a towel and headed down to the bathroom.

...

Flare had gone to go pick up his tuxedo, the seamstress said that she needed more time to get to fit him comfortably, saying that he was the biggest stallion to have walked into, asking for a suit.

Flare didn’t really care what color it was, but, the seamstress said that a nice blue would ‘suit’ him. Flare didn’t really mind what it was made out of, all he knew was when he was free from the press, which he was undoubtedly going to meet, he was going to take off the thing and go meet Prim at the eastern tower.

That still bothered him though, how quickly Prim left as he asked his question, how flustered she was, was she hiding something?

‘Sounds like a date to me~,” Solar sang, his voice scattering over Flare’s own thoughts. Flare growled slightly.

Solar Eclipse, I’m going to ask you kindly to F*** OFF!,” Flare’s mind roared at his inner demon.

He could hear the demon yelp, and slowly his voice faded away. Flare swore he could hear the demon curse his name to another god.

‘He’s right, it sounds like a date,’ Flare thought to himself. He hated when Solar was right, but, right now he didn’t care.

...

He had reached the seamstress’s workplace, inside he could hear her sewing machine humming and stitching. He knocked twice, the machine turned off and a female voice echoed from within.

“Who there?” she asked.

“The milk stallion!” Flare replied, jokingly,” It’s Flare, I’m here for the suit,”

The sound of hooves hitting the floor briskly moved its way through the door. The door opened, and on the other side was a light grey, unicorn mare with a green mane in a bun, her name was Birch Tree. She was always energetic and was known for making the finest attire in the land. She wore reading glasses and had two pearl earrings. She beamed as she saw Flare on the other side of the door.

“AH! You are just in time!” she exclaimed, pulling Flare inside.

“I just finished stitching the last part of the suit this morning! HAHA! I was just working on something that can go with it!” She paused, giving an awkward glance at the stallion, then continued,” Well, if you want to that is.”

“Miss Birch, you’ve already made my suit, and I know you didn’t want to just add on a...,” Flare stopped and looked over at the sewing machine. There, in the center, laid a small crest of the royal vampony bloodline. A red moon with bat wings on it.

“Who asked for the crest to be added?” Flare questioned, looking over at the mare.

“Well, it was Midnight’s and Night’s idea! They were saying something about Prim and you, so I couldn’t ask why!” The mare stated, walking over to the crest.

“Prim and I? What did they say?” Flare inquired.

“Something about a romantic evening, if I remember correctly!” Birch Tree responded, a grin now on her muzzle,” Now, it may just be me, but I think you have a date with royalty~!”

Flare remembered how Prim acted earlier, her blushing and stammering at the question, her galloping out of the room... could it be?

“Well, I think you drank too much of Lemon’s fine wine. I mean, what would Prim find in a monster like me?” Flare questioned sadly.

Birch Tree had heard that Flare wasn’t the most self-confident stallion, even if he made friends with every staff the castle had to offer. She found it to be a good thing, no ego, so that wouldn’t drive him to do stupid stuff. But, right now she knew that what she heard was true, he beats himself up, always looking at himself and seeing a poor excuse of a life.

She walked over, quickly and firmly, to the stallion. She put her hoof on his cheek and made him look her in the eyes.

“I do not know where the idea that you aren’t good enough for anything came from, but mark my words, whoever put you down needs a beating! You are a nice stallion! Heck, you impressed the captain herself by being the ‘gentle giant’ of a stallion! The guard's complement you on how good you are at weapons, hiding, and hunting! I”m still hearing sharp tooth talk about how good you are with an ax! They even call you the ‘brickwall’ because they admire your inability to be easily moved! You charm many of whom you meet! You may be a monster, but you are not a bad one! Not anymore! Stop putting yourself down!” she commanded. Her eyes glittering with an emotional spark.

Flare gives a heavy sigh,”I kind of you to say that. Anyway, let's try this tuxedo you have for me...,”

Tree clapped her hooves together and trotted happily over to the tuxedo, grabbing the crest that was out of her reach with her magic.

“I promise you! This. Will. Feel. AMAZING! I wanted the future prince to be comfortable~!” she mused. Flare mentally face hoofed, knowing that she will spread this as a rumor to many other castle staff. Most notably, Lemon Zap, who Flare felt would accept almost anything the seamstress said.

...

Tattered Moon had put on his very own tuxedo. It was dark red and light orange suit, the family crest was printed upon his right breast pocket. Midnight, however, had a dress that didn’t match her fur and mane, but, had an interesting pattern of the color of Moon Lilies, both of their favorite flower.

“This feels soooo weird to have something wrapped around me and weighing me down,” Midnight grumbled, looking over at her lieutenant.

Tattered Moon knew what she meant, his wings also felt a little tied down. But, he didn’t feel weighed down, simply because he was wearing a tuxedo. He snickered at the captain, who, in turn, shot him an odd warning glance. A glance that said, ‘becareful, you’re sleeping with me, I know how you tick, Mister!’ a.k.a., she glared at him and told him flat out. That made Tattered Moon cease the snickering at once.

“Well, I know what I’ll be doing once the galas over,” Midnight stated,” I’m goin’ ta bed, I like it if ya joined me, Fluff Butt!”

“I had a feeling that you were going to say that,” Tattered replied. While the two got to know each other well over the weeks, Midnight started to enjoy his extra fluff, calling him Fluff Butt or even Red Cotten Ball. Midnight had even gotten softer around him, even the word snuggle became more used than ‘laying side by side’. She mainly used the word snuggle or cuddle when she wanted to have quality time with him.

“Good, cause we’re going to need each other after this night,” Midnight muttered.

Midnight trotted over to him, then began to circle him slowly. Tattered Moon, in turn, stood at attention. Midnight looked over him, she began poking places that she thought looked weird. Once she finished, she kissed him on the cheek and walked back to the bed, her dress slowing her down slightly, due to it getting caught on her hooves.

...

Night laid on her bed in her dress, drawing different creatures from the book ‘Monster Mythos’ that Flare had given to her for her birthday. Her dress was a dark blue and light purple, looking like the empty void of space. The monster she was drawing at the time was something called “The Werestallion”, who was said to live in Ice Breaker(Snowdin). She found the concept interesting, a stallion who was covered head to hoof in dark fur? She thought it was awesome enough, she thought it better when Flare had said he had talked to the stallion himself.

Night Blossom keep pulling back on certain parts of the dress, this was the sisters, and Flare and Tattered Moon’s, first Blue Moon Gala, so they had to dress appropriately for the occasion.

“Blah, this dress feels weird! I should’ve asked for cotton, not silk,” Night grumbled unhappily at herself.

She had been preoccupied with the book, asking for Flare to translate some pages that were written in a language he calls ‘wingdings’. She was interested in the language, and insisted that Flare teacher her it, but, he declined, saying that it was a ‘skeleton language’.

She scoffed at the memory,” Whatever that means...”

Night muttered something under her breath and went back to drawing the wolf stallion.

...

Two hours before the gala...

Flare and Prim had seen each other again, albeit awkwardly as Prim had just gotten out of the shower. She rushed to her room, brighter than a red tomato. Once she had gotten dried off, she stepped out of her room and went to find Flare.

Flare was in his room when Prim found him. She walked in and started talking with Flare about the events that are going to happen at the gala.

“So you’re going to be revealed at nine p.m., then you’ll meet me by at the eastern tower, right?” Prim asked, hoping Flare was still okay with the random invitation.

“Yeah, sounds right to me,” Flare responded,” Also, didn’t you want to see me in my tuxedo... before the gala?”

“YES!” Prim blurted instantly, surprising Flare.

“Um... I-I...,” Prim started, yet was interrupted by Flare’s hoof.

He spoke calmly,” Don’t try to explain yourself, it’s alright, I’m not going to judge.”

Prim nodded dumbly, did he know how she felt? Or was he simply being calm in this situation to make her feel less like an idiot? Whatever it was, she calmed down a little, her blush never disappearing. She always wondered if he could read minds, upon the other powers he has. She thought it was weird, the powers he had, teleportation, Paradox Blasters, and so on.

“You alright?” Flare asked her, she had spaced out.

“Oh! Y-yay I’m fine! Just... thinking about the gala! Yeah, that's it,” She said, shying away slightly.

‘This mare is getting shyer, and shyer every time we meet,’ Flare thought to himself.

‘Because she loves you! JEEZ WITH CHEESE ON MANGANESE, you’re so dense! Stop thinking you’re not good enough for anyone! Stop putting yourself down, That's my job! AND I DON’T EVEN DO IT BECAUSE YOU’RE SO NICE TO ME!’ Solar Eclipse shouted at Flare.

Flare winced slightly, slightly enough to grab Prim’s attention.

“Flare, are you alright?” she asked, walking over to him.

Flare held up a hoof, a small smile on his face, he said softly,” Sorry, I had an interesting thought pass through my mind.”

‘More like ridiculous,’ Flare thought.

“Really? What was it?” Prim questioned, sitting down in front of him.

“Nah, It’s nothin’ don’t worry about it,” Flare replied, hoping he had deflected the question.

‘Remember when I said that you were nice? I take it back. AND THE IDEA IS NOT RIDICULOUS!” Solar roared in Flare’s mind.

Flare mentally chuckled as he went to go put on his tuxedo.
...

The start of the Blue Moon Gala
...

The princesses, the king, Tattered Moon, and the queen started the opening ceremony of the Blue Moon Gala. The walls of the castle shined a light blue from the torches that sat on the wall, overlooking the citizens of the vampiric world. The king cleared his throat and began to tell the history of why they, the ponies of the night, honor the blue moon,” When the blue moon shined, it echoes the first year of our ancestors’ freedom. The day the Mother of the Night brought our people out of the tombs for which our ancestors laid. We stand here, together, to thank the Moon Mother for her sacrifice to protect us. May we enjoy this night, just as if we have been freed from our chains.”

An uproar echoed through the great hall, all citizens, poor, medium class, and rich, were all allowed to join in on this celebration. The three sisters all looked at one another and smiled. Tattered Moon looked out over the vast amount of ponies that were in this room, his nerves twitched, but he stood firm.

Outside the great hall, Flare stood and watched. He was a surprise for the public, so he wasn’t allowed to be in the celebration until he was shown to the ponies of the kingdom.

He never minded it, for he understood that walking out into the great hall would show that he wasn’t their own kin. His tallness, the hole in his head, those things alone would give him away, not to mention his glowing eye, which might cause a panic. However, when the king released his people to enjoy the party, and Prim was free from the onslaught of cameras and questions, she met with him, for she didn’t want him to be alone. However, she had to leave him every couple of minutes because she was needed.

Two hours later...

It was almost time for Flare to revealed to the public, the sisters and Tattered Moon helped him with something he didn’t understand... like being hammered into a fine plate by the ponies asking questions or taking photos.

Right now the festivities had to be put on hold for his announcement. Truth be told, he was rather nervous when he heard Blood Moon start talking about him.

...

In the Great Hall
...

“My ponies of this land, I need to make an announcement and come clean. Months ago, my youngest daughter found a pony, not like our own in the royal garden. We nursed him back to health as best we can, and for that, that pony gave us answers. His name is Lunar Flarion, and he is known as a ‘monster pony’ or simply a ‘monster’.” he stated calmly, letting the information sink in.

The thing that made his subjects not panic was not only their ruler’s calm demeanor but also, his way of speaking of the pony, it was like the two were friends of some sort. But, an eerie quiet settled over the ponies of the kingdom.

Blood Moon continued,” Do not worry though, he is not here to harm us. That fact of the matter is, he’s friendly, feel free to ask him questions. For he can answer them better than I can.”

...

“That’s your cue,” Prim whispered to him softly. Flare nodded and went out to the balcony.

What happened was what Flare expected, as he walked out, some looked at him, confused, scared, or even felt hatred towards him. As he stood next to the king, cameras flashed, and a now a larger murmur echoed through the hall. The king smiled as his daughters walked out after him, each scanning the room to see their subjects reaction. As they walked out they could see their subjects’ face turning to a more comforting face. They were mostly pleased to see that some didn’t seem to hate or be afraid of Flare anymore.

A moment of silence filled the hall, and the local news stations took advantage of this silence to start asking the stallion questions.
...

Answering questions were rather tiring, he swore that the news station’s asking the questions spent more time making the questions than actually listening to their answers. But, when the news ponies questions died down, Flare could finally enjoy the gala. But, this didn’t mean that the questions and gawking would stop.
...

Flare walked around the now full Great Hall. He got some looks from some of the ponies, others walked up and said hi to him. Flare acted as friendly as he could, even if he could feel the hatred, envy, and malice coming off of some of the ponies glares.

Flare had decided to go to the dessert table to see how the selection of treats laid out for the guests. He wasn’t hungry, just curious. He reached the table, and a few ponies gave him an awkward smile, for which he returned with a smile of his own, though he tried not to show his teeth, feeling that it would make him look even more dangerous and scary. On the table in front of him was a large selection of pies, cakes, cookies, and many, many more that Flare couldn’t imagine existed. He scanned the table once more, but at the same time, felt as if somepony was watching him... or rather two.

Flare heard two sets of hoofsteps coming his way, and out of instinct turned to look at the sounds creators. When he looked over he saw a stallion and mare walking over to him. The mare had a velvet mane and black fur, wearing a simple dress. The stallion next to her wore a dark grey tuxedo, his fur was an icy blue, his mane was white like snow.

The stallion was the first to respond when the two walked close to Flare,” Hello, Flare, is it? My name is Dig Site, and this is my wife,” he pointed to the mare next to him,” is Bone Saw.”

Flare greeted them warmly, although a little uncomfortable by how straightforward he was.

“We’ll cut to the chase,” Bone Saw said,”I and my husband are both interested in you’re history and you’re anatomy, we were wondering if you could stop by the college and share some of this information.”

Flare tried his best not to give them a deadpan stare. He smiled and nodded in response, the couple nodded back and went to go enjoy the rest of the gala.
...

Flare didn’t know what time it was, what irritated him more was the fact that he didn’t put on his watch to see the time. So, he resorted to using a trick Malachite had taught him.

He summoned a Paradox Blaster in his room, and using an old form of telepathy, he looked through the skull’s eyes to see his bedside clock.

...
9:35 pm
...
‘SHIET’ Flare mentally swore, he was going to be late.

He would’ve teleported there, but, he’d never been in the eastern tower before, he’s seen the entry point, but never walked in. He mentally swore once more, vowing that, after this night, he would spend a day or two walking around and getting the coordinates of every nook and cranny that this castle had to offer.

He teleported to the closest place to the eastern tower, his room. Teleporting quickly, he entered his room, scaring the Paradox Blaster. The skull growled and charged up a low charged attack, but was quickly taken back by its master’s voice

“Aye! Aye! It’s me I need to do something,” Flare said, removing his tuxedo. Catching on random parts, annoying him greatly.

...

Flare now half galloped through the hall, towards the eastern tower. The castle had the towers connected to the main body, which made it easy for Flare to find the door and stairwell leading to the top of the eastern tower. The door wasn’t hard to miss, it was the only one not made of wood, in fact, it was made of stone. Why, Flare had asked the question, receiving a shrug or an ‘I don’t know’.

Flare opened the door, slowing down as he walked up the cold stairwell. Each step echoed off the dark purple walls of the castle’s tower. As he rose to the top, he could hear the wind, signaling that he was close to his final destination. He stopped short when he saw the entrance leading to the top of the tower. His worry had caught up with him, making him wonder if he should just... leave.

‘OH HEEEEEEEEEEELL NAH! YOU GOT HERE TO MEET PRIM, SO. YOU. WILL. MEET. PRIM!” Solar Eclipse shouted, startling Flare.

‘What if she left?! I’m late! In ten more minutes, the fireworks will start!’ Flare replied angrily at Solar.

Flare heard Solar sigh,’ Listen, I may be a disembodied voice right now, but I’m your disembodied voice. I care what happens to you, not only because we share the same body, but because you treat me like a brother. You made me happy, even when I didn’t want to be. So, in return, I’m going to help you. The first step is the hardest, and that step is, walking. through. that. door.’

‘But, what-’ Flare started.

‘I DON’T WANT TO HEAR IT! YOU’RE ALREADY WASTING TIME! MOVE THROUGH THE DAMN LOVE DOOR!’ Solar shouted.

Flare sighed, knowing that any word that would go against Solar’s ideas would mean he would yell, giving Flare a nasty headache. He composed himself and opened the door.

Stepping out onto the tower, a cold wind slapped him across the face. He looked around the tower to see if Prim was waiting up here for him... there wasn’t any sign of her. Flare’s head drooped down, he’d missed this chance, not knowing if he’d get another one. He walked over to the ledge and waited for the fireworks to begin. He felt something cold glance over his back. He thought it was the wind, but, it was something else.

...

Prim had waited for Flare for ten minutes, each minute passing by making her doubt if Flare was going to show up. She waited though, her determination now sparked, she knew he was going to be here. While she waited, she had an idea. The top of the tower was dark enough for her to hide in, allowing her to surprise Flare, and, to stay out of the cold wind.

Seconds later, she heard the door open, with Flare stepping in. She was about to fly down to greet him, but his solemn look stopped her. She saw his head drop, his red eye disappearing.

She thought that Flare was late because he was having a good time at the party or maybe even forgot, but, whatever it was, he looked upset that she wasn’t there sitting and waiting for him.

His walk to the ledge was slow, looking as if he was in pain. He sat down, his head turned towards the sky, silently waiting for the first explosion of color.

Prim, waited for a second, trying to remember what she was going to say to him, and how she was going to tell him that she was hiding from the wind. She felt the wind start to bend upward, hitting her and making her shiver. With one swift motion, she flew down behind Flare. Gently, she put a hoof on his back, causing the stallion to jump up slightly.

Flare looked back at her, his red eye still gone, two red dots were in the red eye’s place, one for each socket. His frown turned into a small smile.

“Hi,” Prim said shyly, a small smile on her own muzzle.

“H-hey, I thought you left,” Flare replied.

Prim shrugged, moving to sit next to him. Flare shuffled over to allow her room, for which, she took happily. The two sat in silence, however, neither knowing how to start a conversation. So, leaping into the dark, Flare asked the question that was clinging to the back of his mind.

“So, why did you invite me up here?”

Prim squeaked, the blush from earlier this day returning in full force. Her stammering made it obvious that she wanted to tell him something, something that had been on her mind for awhile now,” W-well, y-you see, I-I wanted t-to tell you something im-important.”

Flare didn’t respond, he waited for Prim to continue. Prim, however, had difficulty stringing together a sentence that would be understandable. Her mind whirled with different ways to tell him. Never in her life had her mind been so full of different things on the same topic. It made her rather dizzy.

Finally, she went with the ‘tell ’im straight’ route. With one breath of air, she whispered,” Flare I love you...

“S-sorry, can you say that again?” Flare asked.

Prim’s blush made her redder than a strawberry, her mind cleared, and her heart started to beat faster than normal. One more time she breathed in, closed her eyes, and turned to face Flare. This time, instead of whispering, she half said, half yelled,” Flare, I LOVE YOU!”

Now, this would’ve been fine, if it wasn’t for the fact she yelled right in his face, which made Flare stumble back. Prim opened her eyes to see a more confused expression on Flare’s face. Her mind working slowly as to why that is. When it finally registered, she held her hooves up to her mouth, feeling as if she had ruined the moment, and, the friendship that the two had.

She started to tear up as she started to stand. With a shaky voice, she said,” I-I’m sorry, i’ll, let myself out. S-see you in the morning.”

She walked away, her mind now cold, nothing going through it, it was as if she had shut it down. The door leading to the stairwell was only a few feet away, but, something stopped her from reaching it.

She looked around as a blue tint filled her vision, a light humming coming from behind her. A voice sounded out the humming,”Prim, don’t leave. I want to tell you something too.”

Prim heard Flare’s voice, it was gentle and calm. Two things that Prim didn’t know made her feel better or not. The magic aura faded softly, allowing Prim to walk freely to either, Flare or the door. She didn’t think, she let her heart take the wheel for once. She turned to him and walked back. She sat in front of him, a single tear rolling down her face as she looked into Flare’s eyes.

“What, do you want to tell me?” Prim said, her voice now on the verge of cracking again.

Flare moved his hoof to her cheek, smiling warmly.

“I wanted to tell you something important. But, I can see that it needs to be demonstrated for it to work,” Flare stated softly, his hoof never leaving Prim’s cheek.

Prim looked at him, confused by what he had said. She looked down, saying softly,” W-well, go ahead and do it.”

Flare moved her head up so she was looking directly at him.

‘What is he doing?’ Prim thought. She opened her mouth to voice the question, but Flare cut her off with something she wouldn’t see coming.

Swiftly, Flare planted his lips on hers. Prim squeaked loudly at this, her mind becoming as clear as the night sky. The fact that this was happening made Prim feel many different emotions at once, however, she chooses to listen to only one. She closed her eyes and wrapped her wing around his back pulling him closer to her.

It seemed like hours had passed, the two felt the world itself slow to a crawl, time almost ceasing. Flare broke the kiss and opened his eyes to see Prim’s reaction. Prim was at a loss for words, she didn’t know what to do, so she kept her wings wrapped around him.

Silence fell upon the two as they both sat there and looked into each other’s eyes.
...

‘Say something moron!’ Solar Eclipse demanded,’ This silence is killing me!’

Flare chuckled softly, Solar had gotten him this far, so he might as well listen to his advice.

“Prim, I love you too,” Flare said softly, embracing her.

Prim smiled as she accepted the embrace with open hooves. She felt happy, relieved, and many other emotions that caused her to be even more confused at what she was truly feeling.

Her smile faded a bit as she heard Flare start laughing softly. Her hooves tighten around him as she felt her heart start to race. Why was he laughing? Was he joking, or was it something else?

“F-Flare, why are you laughing?” Prim asked softly, her grip becoming tighter.

“I’m sorry, It’s just-,” He chuckled,” it’s just how cheesy all of this is. Like a bad romance story.”

Prim had to admit, he had a point. Thinking about more, she began to laugh as well, the thought of being in a story, that was silly.

*Bang!*

The sound of a firework made the two look at the sky. A bright purple flash danced its way through the night sky. Another loud explosion. red filled the air. Multiple colors danced across the sky, making images of different objects. The two turned to face the night sky, their bodies huddling close together.

Prim kept her wing wrapped around him, Flare kept his hoof wrapped around her, the fireworks kept exploding. To Prim, her night was almost done. She felt the warmth of Flare against the cold air, each exploding color lighting up Flare’s face that, when the fireworks died down, his red eyes were the only thing illuminating his face.

Prim had nodded off slightly, her head resting on Flare’s shoulder. As the fireworks slowly faded away, she yawned snuggling close to Flare, who had begun to nod off as well.

Catching the yawn, he looked down at Prim, speaking through his yawn he concluded,” Well, it’s time for bed huh?”

Prim only nodded, and with that, the two got up and headed to one of their rooms. Neither of them knew that a green figure was watching them closely and silently.

“✋︎🕯︎❍︎ ♑︎□︎♓︎■︎♑︎ ⧫︎□︎ ■︎♏︎♏︎♎︎ ⧫︎□︎ ⧫︎♋︎●︎& ⧫︎□︎ ⧫︎♒︎♋︎⧫︎ ❍︎♋︎❒︎♏︎📬︎📬︎📬︎ 🕈︎♒︎♋︎⧫︎ ♓︎⬧︎ ♒︎♏︎❒︎ ■︎♋︎❍︎♏︎ ♋︎♑︎♋︎♓︎■︎✍︎ ✌♒︎ ⍓︎♏︎⬧︎📪︎ 🏱❒︎♓︎❍︎ ♌︎♓︎⧫︎♏︎📬︎📬︎📬” The figure mused, following them to where ever they went that night.

Author's Note:

Go ahead and leave a comment! I’ d like to know what you people think of the story! And don’t be shy to leave some criticism. I would love to make the story better for you, the readers!

Have a good day!

REMEMBER!
Solar Eclipse is not a different personality, he is his own character, with his own thoughts and actions.
Flare doesn’t have a split-personality disorder.

glad we can clear that up.

OH, MY GOD! This chapter melted my brain a little bit.