• Published 31st Mar 2018
  • 1,035 Views, 41 Comments

A New Starting Point - Lunar Flarion



A stallion finds himself in a new universe, which is far better than his own.

  • ...
4
 41
 1,035

Chapter 4: Night and Prim

After hours of trying to find the blue stallion, the troops came up empty. Midnight was understandably not pleased by this, and for the troop's punishment, they had to run 10 miles in 20 minutes or risk more punishment. When the troops left with their tail between their legs Midnight went into the building to get Flare. At first, she tried to actually find him but gave up shortly after, she finally settled for yelling for him to come out.

"Flare times up! You can come out now!" Unbeknownst to Midnight a figure silently walked up behind her. The figure looked down at Midnight and yelled.

"WATCH OUT THERE'S A DEMON HERE!" Midnight jumped away from the shout and looked to see Flare on the floor laughing. Midnight sighed and gave Flare a stern look. After a minute of laughing, Flare got up and meet the hardened gaze of Midnight Bite. He frowned and apologized for it. Midnight looked away, thought for a moment about what happened, she couldn't really be mad at him, she was the one who lowered her guard.

*Sighs* “Don't apologize, I should have had my guard up," Midnight said. The two remained silent for a moment.

Flare broke the silence, "If we are done here, can I go back to the castle to see if the others need help?"

"Oh! Go ahead, I need to think about how to get my troop to actually find a target like you," She said with a grin, and with that, Flare went back to the castle. Once he got inside, he went back to the medical sector to ask if they had a library, the doctors said that the castle did have one, and they pointed him in that direction. Flare found the doors to the Royal library, the doors were gold with silver handles. Using his magic, Flare grabbed the door handle, opened it, and walked inside.

The library was what Flare expected, a lot of books, what he didn't expect was a mare, with a book covering her head, sleeping on a sofa next to the entrance. Flare walked over to the mare and removed the book from her head, it was Prim Bite. She slept soundly on the sofa, but when the book was removed, she shuffled over onto her side and covered her face from the lights. Flare closed the book and sat it on a nearby table as he continued into the land of knowledge...and fiction. Flare looked around for a little while, mapping the area for later uses. As Flare entered another row of books and scrolls a familiar voice rang out.

"Oh! Hi Flare," it was the voice of Night, Flare looked behind him to see her putting away the scroll she had been reading. Night looked back at Flare, her eyes lit with curiosity. She looked at Flare from head to hoof before asking, "Would you mind answering some questions I have for you?" Flare thought about it for a moment, but since he didn't have anything else to do he accepted.

"Great! Follow me," Night said while motioning Flare to follow her. The two walked over to a nearby empty bean bags. The two sat down and Night pulled out a notepad and asked the first question,

"Alright, number one, what is the history of your race?"

"Well, ponies and monster ponies lived together in harmony, one day a war broke out and my kind was sealed underground, and I already told you the rest," Flare answered Night scribbled that down.

"Alright, next one, are you the only skeleton monster pony?" She questioned

"No, I have a brother named Lightning Trail, he's a skeleton monster pony as well," Flare replied, but then asked,"I never caught your full name. Mind telling me?"

Night stopped writing once she realized she wrote down his question. While erasing Night answered the question," My name is Night Blossom, and I'm the second oldest vampony sister, Prims is the youngest, and Midnight is the oldest."

"Alright, thank you," Flare replied.

"You're welcome, now the third question is, why aren't you a vampony now?" Night Blossom questioned further.

"Well, I'm not a full skeleton monster pony. My mother was a different type of monster pony than my father, and I can't just change my race," Flare stated, Night nodded and asked the final question

"Alright, the final one, do you need to eat to stay alive?"

"Short answer, no, long answer, no, I don't need to drink, eat, or anything to stay alive, you could remove my skin, organs, and muscles but I still could do everything I could do normally." Flare stated once more. Night finished up with that and smiled, her notes were complete. She said thank you to Flare and the two parted ways, Flare decided to see if Prim needed any help.

Really, all he had to do was follow the sound of a TV and there she was, sitting there, curled up in a blanket watching some type of show. Flare walked over and sat next to her. She looked over, smiled, and said," Hey Flare, how is everything?"

To which Flare responded," Everythings good, I just came by to see if you needed anything."

Prim Bite looked at him, then back at the TV, then right back onto Flare, finally, she said rather softly," You can help me with something," she paused," can you be my friend?" Flare looked at her, confused, but he accepted. When he did, the eyes of the mare grew wide and she soon jumped out of her blanket cocoon and grabbed Flare into a bear hug. Flare swore he could hear his ribs crack, but he moved his forelegs and hugged her as well. They stayed like that for a little while, and when Prim let go, Flare could finally breathe.

She smiled once more, before looking back at the TV, her eyes widened, then said, "Oh! Want to watch this with me?"

"Sure, what's it about?" Flare asked as he got comfortable on the sofa.

Prim gave off a goofy grin and proudly announced what it was,"This show is about a detective looking for the pony who murdered his wife! It's mysterious and uses scientific ideas to try and find the culprit." When she finished she looked at Flare to see his reaction to what the show is about, she was pleased to see a very interesting look on Flare's muzzle. The two got comfy on the sofa, Prim shared the blanket with Flare and the two sat there watching the show. But, in only a few weeks, this innocent friendship might take a turn into something much different.

Author's Note:

So, who do you think is going to have an interest in Flare? Midnight Bite, Night Blossom, or Prim Bite? Or maybe none of them, all of them, or maybe no one likes him? Maybe an outside party might!
Comment down below your answer! If, ya want to

who am I kiding, no one is going to do that