• Published 24th Feb 2018
  • 318 Views, 13 Comments

Velvet's Time at Disneigh - Creativa-Artly01



Twilight Velvet plays Princess Snow Veil and is adored by all. The Disneigh park is her life and she couldn't ask for more.

  • ...
1
 13
 318

Chapter 16

One night while on their honeymoon, while they’re sitting at dinner, Nightlight has another surprise for Velvet. “Velvet, my love, I got accepted into the Canterlot School of Astrology. I applied late last year and I was finally accepted. So, what do you think?” He says nervously.

“I’m excited for you,” she squeals as she hugs him, “but what of my job? I love working in the park.”

“You still can if you want, you don’t have to quit for me,” responds Nightlight.

“Ok, you have no idea how glad I am to hear that,” sighs Velvet, “thank you.”

“Anything to keep you happy, my love. I’d do anything for you.” He kisses her on the cheek. She returns the kiss along with another hug. They then head off to explore the beaches of the Mareibbian. As they do, Nightlight collects conch shells for his bride and turns them into a necklace for her using his magic.

“Whoa! That’s cool!” Says Velvet in awe as he ties it around her neck with his magic. As they continue their walk, the waves crash against their hooves as they nuzzle each other close. They look around and see other couples doing the same. “I’m guessing other newlyweds too,” she whispers to her husband.

“Yeah, looks like,” agrees Nightlight with a whisper. “Now I’ll race you!” He begins running down the beach and Velvet runs after him at the best gallop she can possibly maintain.

Meanwhile back across the world at Disneigh, the princess ponies go about their day for Miracle Day at the park, the day where all the Miracle Foundation foals come and visit the park. The first one all those years ago was led by Velvet, so this year, it’s no different except for the fact that this year, Velvet is not around to lead the way, leaving Marepunzel and Mareida in charge of it all. “Well, here goes nothing, I hope we don’t disappoint Velv or let her down,” gulp the pair to their friends.

“You’ll be fine, I assure you,” says Mareanna as she pats her friends on the shoulder. “Velv left y’all in charge because she trusts you. She has faith in you.”

“Thanks for the reassurance,” respond the pair, “it’s much appreciated.” They let out a sigh and head to the opening gates of the park with their friends. There, they open the gate and the park floods with hundreds of Miracle Foundation foals. The festivities of the day then begin starting with a princess and prince hosted ballroom dancing lesson in the princess hall’s ballroom.

Meanwhile back in the Mareibbian, the two sit down on the sand and talk as the sun sets. “Today was Miracle Day at the park, I wonder how it went. I hope Marepunzel and Mareida weren’t too stressed out. I normally run the thing, ya know?”

“I know,” responds Nightlight as he wraps his arm around his wife, “I’m sure this was hard for you, letting go of the reins of something you started and founded in the park. The Miracle Foundation has helped so many colts and fillies. That’s amazing in its own right. You’ve changed so many lives.”

“Yeah, you’re right,” agrees Velvet as she nuzzles up on his shoulder. “I can’t wait to hear how it all went when I get back.” She lets out a sigh and turns to enjoy the sunset with her husband. Once the sun finally sets, they head to the bar and enjoy some cocktails and dessert. It’s shaping up to be the perfect honeymoon and for that, they couldn’t be more delighted.