• Published 19th Feb 2018
  • 499 Views, 5 Comments

My little TimeLine - ChangelingProductions

  • ...
 5
 499

Chapter 2: A storm's brewing

Author's Note:

Discorded whooves by: jitterbugjive
Twilight Sparkle by: Hasbro
Pinkamina by: The Fans
Cupcakes by: Sgt. Sprinkles Tribute
Factory Dash by: WoodenToaster and AuroraDawn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Twilight stared into the dark void of a sky. Just moments ago she had learned from The Doc that she was in a parallel world. Tears softly fell down her face.

"Ah you'll be fine, stop being such a big baby," The Doc whined behind her. Twilight turned to face him, daggers in her eyes.

"Fine?! How is being in another bucking world fine?!" Twilight yelled with all her strength. The Doc remained unfazed. He knew that if he had just let her take him to a hospital they may not have ended up this way... but he didn't care.

"Look-" he said as he straightened his bowtie. "-I see you're mad, but this is NOT my problem because you are not my Twilight. If you were her I probably would have started thinking of solutions by now, but you’re not and I don't give a fuck."

Twilight took a step back. Not because of what he was telling her, but because of a single 'choice' word he used.

"Did... you just say-" Twilight looked both ways. "-The 'F' word?” The Doc just stared at her with an angry scowl. He went back to the hay bale he was just on and sat down.

Twilight stared for a second before reaching her boiling point.

"Fine, stay here in this world for all I care you... you... LAZY PICE OF MHIT!!" Twilight boomed at him. The Doc remained expressionless. Twilight ran out of the barn to begin looking for a way home. After a few moments, a single piece of paper labeled 'anonymous' fell from the ceiling of the barn. The Doc grabbed it with his hoof and read aloud...

"Are you just gonna let her leave like that? What if she runs into Pinkamena?" it said. The Doc snickered at this.

"Please, like Pinkamena would just so happen to be in this timeline."

The Doc sat for a second thinking about the askes and how they usually know more than they let on. Then he started thinking about what usually ends up happening when something like this is asked.

"She's here, isn't she..." he said without expression. "Nope, I ain't getting stuck in a world with that psychopath. I guess it would be more of self-preservation to go join Twilight and get out of-" The Doc stopped. He realized what this meant. "If she's here... then that means..." The Doc's face lit up. "SEXY IS HERE!" The Doc ran out of the barn towards Twilight. He needed to finally introduce himself to her and gain some level of trust. He needed to use her.

Twilight was looking up and down the rows of decaying trees as she walked. The grass was golden brown and the apples were moldy and inedible. She saw old missing posters for her and her friends that made her stomach turn. After a while, she noticed Pinkie Pie was ironically missing from the missing posters. Before she could think of doing anything, the gray pony from before was flying towards her at full speed. He slammed right into her and they both flew straight into a tree.

"Ellow, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm The Doctor, but you can call me 'Doc'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So... you think an evil Pinkie Pie is here with your magic box that's bigger on the inside and can travel between worlds?" Twilight said skeptically as she stared at the ground. The Doc smiled, ignoring her tone of voice.

"Yes, and based on what she told me there will be company. We better stay vigilant."

Twilight rolled her eyes. Was he serious about this, or did he really suffer from a bang on the head too hard? She would have left him at this point if he hadn't proven that they were in another world.

The Doc looked around as the walked out of Sweet Apple Acres. In the distance, he started to see Ponyville.

"Civilisation ahead, captain," he yelled. Twilight jumped at the sudden sound and looked up ahead. Shure enough, she saw Ponyville... but something was off. As they got closer they both began to see what was wrong; the buildings were decaying, the streets were empty and full of garbage and dead leaves, and finally, there was a trail of dried blood going towards Sugarcube corner. They both stopped and stared. This was a disaster.

Twilight finally believed The Doc fully. This was definitely bad news.

"If I were to guess, I think she’s in the big blood building," The Doc said sternly. He started to look a bit more brownish for a second, only to return back to gray. "Come on, we’re going inside," he told her. Twilight nodded, but before they could even begin walking, the Doc saw a shadow fly through the sky. Something was with them, and it looked happy.

"Twilight, we need to hide," The Doc said as he stopped walking. The rain began to pour.

"What do you mean? We're so close to your box thingy," Twilight said. The rain came down harder.

"Listen to me, it's not worth risking our lives right now. We need to go into that building next to us and hide." Clouds were starting to close in on them.

"Why? Because of the rain?" Twilight looked into his fear filled eyes. "... You saw something, didn't you?" A few clouds started to part behind Sugarcube corner to reveal a dirty-looking rainbow.

The Doc ran through the building's broken screen window to save himself, and Twilight followed soon after. They both hid behind an old bookshelf. Clouds began firing lightning strikes onto the road to where they needed to be.

"What are we gonna do?" Twilight whispered.

"I don't know, I'm thinking" The Doc replied.

Twilight felt her hooves starting to get colder the longer she stood still, and so were the Doc's. It took her a few moments to realize her hooves were colder than her body and look down. She held a tiny gasp.

"Doc," she whispered.

"Yes?"

"I think we may have a small problem..." She lightly used her front hoof to push his head down. His pupils dilated with disbelief. A fog of gray storm clouds were forming under them and began to rain and thunder.

"OW!" Twilight yelled. They began to strike lightning. The Doc jumped on top of the bookshelf and Twilight followed soon after. The fog started rising after them, taking its sweet time. Every passing second made the thunder and lightning stronger, deadlier. The Doc needed a plan, and fast. He tried to think of something to save himself when he remembered his 'secret weapon'. The Doc reached into his collar and pulled out the very iconic Sonic Screwdriver and began blasting the fog with sonic sound rays. The fog reacted by getting more agitated, but The Doc eventually found a way to settle it down and force it out.

Twilight looked at him, speechless. "Wow, you... you saved me".

"Sure... let's go with that..." The Doc replied. He needed her to trust him if he was to ever return home. If anything, she could be useful.

"Good job," a mysterious voice said. The Doc and Twilight turned their heads slowly towards the sound. Standing in around the rain and fog was... Rainbow Dash!

"DASHIE!" Twilight said excitedly. She flew towards her old friend.

"WAIT!" The Doc yelled, but he was tuned out by Twilight’s own thoughts. As soon as Twilight got close to Rainbow Dash, she was smacked in the face hard. Twilight fell to the ground, fog surrounding her. It shocked her wings and made her wince. She got a better look at her so-called friend. She was wearing a lab coat and a pair of goggles. Dashie was also smoking a blunt cigar and had a bloodshot left eye. She stood on her hind legs and held her right front hoof up. She had a remote control attached to her hoof and was smirking.

"What? Something wrong, Twi? Cat got ya tongue... and wings?" Her smirk grew wider. The Doc was fighting with himself if he should save Twi or not. He kept looking at her, helpless, scared... full of fear...

"I'm sorry you feel so... speechless about this. I was hoping to at least get a scream. Seriously... nothing? Maybe this will help." Dashie pressed some buttons on her controller and began the light show. Lightning kept repetitively striking Twilight’s wing over and over, stronger and stronger. Twilight finally began to scream. It was loud and blood-curdling. The Doc finally snapped, his coat turning a light shade of brown.

As soon as the light show stopped, the clouds began to swarm Twilight.

"Goodbye Twi, hope to see you-" Suddenly, The Doctor used his sonic to force the clouds away from his companion and swooped in to save her. Dashie looked... surprisingly pleased by The Doctor's flight abilities.

"Good technique, Doc," Dashie said in a calm yet joyful voice. "If only you worked for me, I would love to have someone like you at the factory."

"Tough luck," The Doctor yelled, only to swoop right past her and into a building near the edge of town. Dashie was happy. She was promised strong foes to fight in this game, and she was given some to play with. She couldn't wait to tell Pinkamena.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Doc slowly began turning back to his gray self. They dropped down near an old house and began to recover. Twilight couldn't feel her wings, The Doc felt like an idiot for saving her, and they now were farther away from the TARDIS. This was counterproductive. Having a compan- a partner almost cost them their lives. The Doc felt awful. He decided the least he could do was take her back to her home reality... if he could.

Later that night, Twilight and The Doc began their second attempt to enter Sugarcube Corner. Dash waited for them in the clouds, eyeing every nook and cranny she could see... They would need to take her out somehow. The two of them huddled up and began making their plan.

"Hey, slow wings," Twilight yelled. Dash ignored her, knowing it was a trap. There was nothing Twilight could say that would-

"Even Scootaloo is a better flyer then you!" Dashie’s eyes opened fully, and her smug smile vanished. Scootaloo... how long had it been since she heard that name? Six... seven years? How dare that purple pony disgrace Scootaloo’s name as an insult towards her... she will pay.

Dashie’s head turned like a broken machine towards Twilight. Twi felt a sense of danger creep along the back of her spine. Now she'd done it. Rainbow Dash swooped through the air and grabbed as many clouds as possible before using her remote to rapid-fire shots of lightning towards Twilight, who kept dodging.

"Surprise!" yelled The Doc as he locked his sonic to the frequency of the remote. He tricked her into giving him power over the clouds. The lightning stopped. Rainbow Dash regained her composure after seeing The Doc's smug face.

"Oh... man, wish we had someone like you on our side."

BANG!

Rainbow Dash was struck with enough lighting to paralyze her, but not to kill her.

Twilight was out of breath, and The Doc was scared out of his mind. While Rainbow was still breathing, the two of them believed her dead. The Doc was pleased by this idea, and Twilight was scared of it. Rainbow only smiled. This was the most fun she'd had in years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pinkamena sat directly in front of the tinted window. She smiled, happy with what she had witnessed. Her last days alive were gonna be more fun than she could have ever dreamed. This was truly the best way to go, in her mind. She didn't think she could pull it off, especially with this generation of timelines starting to decay, but she had.

Pinkamena turned her head towards her other 'friends'. It was time to go over the new plan of action with the rest of them, just to make sure they didn't get in each other's way.

"After they enter, Cupcake will get the first stab at trying to kill them, and if she loses and they get to the ship thingy, it will be your turn, and if they beat you as well, we should reward them with their machine... After all, we don't need it anymore. We have exactly what we were looking for."

Everyone had a great big happy smile. This was the most fun they had in years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pinkamina sat directly in front of the tinted window. She smiled, happy with what she witnessed. Her last day's alive where gonna be more fun then she dreamed. This was truly the best way to go in her mind. She didn't think she could pull it off, especially with this generation of timelines starting to decay, but she did.

Pinkamina turned her head towards her other 'friends'. It's time to go over the new plan of action with the rest of them just to make sure they didn't get in each other's way.

"After they enter, Cupcake will get the first stab at trying to kill them, and if she losses and they get to the ship thingy, it will be your turn, and if they beat you as well, we should reward them with their machine... After all, we don't need it anymore. We have exactly what we were looking for."

Everyone had a great big happy smile. This was the most fun they had in years.
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`