• Published 20th Aug 2012
  • 919 Views, 56 Comments

Life after Death - Weisted Machine



Life after the deaths of Vinyl and Fluttershy

  • ...
5
 56
 919

Acceptance

"Hurricane! I brought you a pony!" Orange Leaf trotted ahead of Mismatch and Flutter Shy across the cloud-covered sky. A gray stallion loomed over Orange Leaf, he spread his wings and Flutter made a good guess of a 5-feet wingspan.

"Hm? Who is this pony?" The gray pegasus asked Orange Leaf.

"Well, her names Flutter Shy, she's just over there" Orange Leaf said, nodding in her direction.

The gray pegasus gave a brief nod before trotting toward Flutter Shy. Flutter Shy hid behind her pink mane and squeezed her eyes shut, although knowing full well he could see her.

"Hello Flutter Shy" Hurricane said to the yellow pegaus.

Flutter Shy opened an eye and gave a quick glance to Hurricane, who loomed before her. Hurricane furled his wings to his sides, then turned and flicked his tail to beckon for her to follow.

"Welcome to the Pegasus heard, Fluttershy" Hurricane said, as Fluttershy bounded over.

"Why thank you, Hurricane. Now, um, is it ok if I ask you something..?" Fluttershy asked, her voice getting quieter each sentence.

"Yes of course. What may that be?" Hurricane asked, stopping.

"What do all of you do?" Fluttershy said, a little to soft for Hurricanes ears.

"Hm? repeat that again please" Hurricane said, straining his ears.

Fluttershy took a breath "What do all of you do!?"

To Hurricane, this sounded like "Hat...ll.....do!?"
"...SPEAK UP" Hurricane said, more impatiently.
"WHAT DO ALL OF YOU DO!?!?!" Fluttershy screamed, which of course was still quiet.

"Well, we travel across the skies, and... do pretty much what ever we want. Was that the answer you were excpecting?" Hurricane answered, not taking his eyes off of his herd.


Fluttershy blinked.
"Oh, ok"

"Well, you see, there's a slight more to it though." Hurricane said, straighting up.

"What's that?"

"We have food bringers, and defenders and attackers. So like, the food bringers finds whatever they can to feed the herd, defenders guards our areas, which is part of the forest and some of the plains, and attackers attack when there is inturders on our area" Hurricane explained to Fluttershy, which was listening intently to the leader.

Fluttershy nodded.

"So, Fluttershy does my herd catch your interest? Your welcome to turn down my offer, but just to let you know, you won't be welcome anymore" Hurricane said, looking at Fluttershy.

So, we fight other ponies if they're on our area, huh. That's not right.. maybe... if I stay awhile, I can make peace with all of the herds, and we can all live in harmony! Fluttershy thought to herself.

"Alright Hurricane, I'm joining your group" Fluttershy said, looking up at the gray leader.
Hurricane nodded and smiled.

"Welcome to the Pegasus herd, Fluttershy" Hurricane said warmly.

"Follow me" Hurricane turned and galloped in a small trot, towards the group of Pegasus in the distance.




"PEGASUS'" Hurricane said, in a very loud voice. Everypony stopped what they were doing and looked up at their leader.
"We have a new member joining us today, and I would like everypony to give a welcome to Fluttershy!" Hurricane said, looking at the yellow mare.

Every pair of eyes fell upon Fluttershy, she grew hot with embarrassment and hid in her mane, once again.

"Fluttershy, come here" Hurricane called to her. Fluttershy felt her knees get weak and shaky as she struggled to keep a steady pace coming to Hurricane.

As Fluttershy approached, Hurricane spoke again.

"Fluttershy, you will become a food bringer" Hurricane said, before examining the crowd.

"Sky Bridge! Come up here!" Hurricane called to the sea of pegasus, and in the crowd, a pink pegasus with a black mane falling over her shoulders flew over to Hurricane.

"Yes Hurricane?" Sky Bridge asked

"Will you teach Fluttershy to care for the herd?" Hurricane asked.

Fluttershy saw the pink ponies purple eyes grow big.

"YES! OF COURSE!" She said, with utmost delight in her voice.


Fluttershy smiled again and looked at her herd. She spotted Orange Leaf and the corner of the pegasus' he noticed her glance and waved. Fluttershy waved a tiny hoof at him before turning her attention back to Hurricane.

"Meeting dismissed" Hurricane said and at once the ponies broke into groups. Some ponies turning to Fluttershy and whispering a bit.

Sky Bridge approached Fluttershy. "Welcome! Would you like me to show you around?" Sky Bridge asked Fluttershy
"Oh yes please!" Fluttershy said, trotting up to the other mare. Sky Bridge smiled and turned, "Alright..."

********************************************************************************

Vinyl continued trotting through the darkness of the forest, on the heels of Minty. As they traveled further to catch up to the group of unicorns ahead, Vinyl noticed the ground getting soggier and squishier.

"Hey Minty, are you sure were not traveling through mud?" Vinyl asked, who actully is taking bigger steps, because she seems to be sinking through the ground.

Minty looked at Vinyl "What?" she asked before looking at both of the mares hooves which were half sunk in to the mud

"OH! I didn't notice! Sorry Vinyl!" Minty said, trying to remove her hoof from the mud but it stayed firm in place.

Vinyl tried moving her hooves again. No movement.

"MINTY!" Vinyl called, her voice reaching hysteria.

"Yea?"

"I CAN'T MOVE!" Vinyl cried, but she just sunk deeper into the mud.

"I can't move either!" Minty said, with a smile forming onto the green ponies face

"WERE GONNA DIE WERE GONNA DIE WEREGONNADIEWEREGONNADIEEEE" Vinyl cried

"Vinyl"

"YES!?!?"

"We could pretend were Daring Do and try to escape!"

"What's Daring Do?"

"What?"

"Nevermind"

"MINTY!? WERE GONNA DIE AGAIN"

"Is that possible?"

"I dunno"




When the mud reached the ponies chest, Vinyl raise her horn to levitate Minty out. Minty landed on the moss across the mud. The pastel green unicorn shook her pelt, and bits of dirt flew in all directions.

"Uhm... Minty? I'm still stuck!"

Minty looked at Vinyl "I know"

"are you going to help me?" Vinyl asked, looking around restlessly as the mud approached her throat.

"I would but..." Minty's voice trailed off

"BUT WHAT!?" Vinyl screamed, squeezing her red eyes shut, concentrating on levitating herself out.

But we all know,

Unicorns can't levitate themselves.


"I don't know any magic" Minty said.

Vinyl sighed. She was going to die again. I wonder where she'll end up this time.... >.>

"VINYL! Wait here!" Minty said suddenly

"It's not like I can move anyway" Vinyl muttered to herself

"I'll be right back!" Minty said before disappearing into the fog, where her image gre darker and darker that Vinyl could see no more.

The white unicorn felt the mud reach the bottom of her face... Then as the mud crawled up the mare's face, she heard the sound of hoof steps against dirt. Just as the mud reached her nose, she saw two figures emerging from the fog.

Minty returned with another white unicorn, her red hair travled behind her and Vinyl recognized this pony... but she couldn't put a hoof on it!

"Moondancer please help her!" Minty cried.

Moondancer's eyes grew wide. "Vinyl Scratch!"

And at once Moondancer lifted the DJ out of the mud. Vinyl's legs ached from struggling and she began gasping for breath.

"Moondancer!" Vinyl said between gasps of air.

"Vinyl!" Moondancer said, approaching Vinyl and nuzzled her with her muzzle.
Moondancer helped Vinyl to her hooves and the three trotted in the direction where they came from.


The fog grew thicker and it was no longer visible to view the herd of unicorns ahead, but Vinyl just knew they were there. And as Vinyl guessed, the dark outlines of unicorns appeared.

"Dark Magic!" Moondancer called to the group. And one of the shapes looked in their direction and trotted toward them.
"Yes Moon?" the other unicorn asked. Vinyl looked up to see a black unicorn with white hair covering part of her pink eyes.
"Oh, this was the unicorn you went to get Moon to rescue, hm?" Dark Magic asked looking at Minty. Minty nodded.

"Her name's Vinyl Scratch!" Minty gave a smile.

Dark Magic nodded thoughtfully.

"Vinyl Scratch.... Your interested on joining my herd, am I not correct?" Dark Magic rested her eyes on the dirty DJ.

Vinyl nodded. "I am Dark Magic"

Dark Magic smiled. "Welcome! Follow us, we'll return to the herd and I will give you a proper position to serve the herd as.." Dark Magic called, turning to trot away. As Vinyl caught up, she looked ahead and found Dark Magic addressing the unicorns.

"......Give a warm welcome to Vinyl Scratch!" Vinyl heard Dark Magic say, looking at her. And everyponies eyes looked at her, Vinyl smiled. "Come here, Vinyl!" Dark Magic said. Vinyl trotted up to Dark Magic, showing no sign she was nervous being in front of many unknown ponies.


"And you too, Moondancer" Dark Magic nodded to the other white unicorn, who trotted up to Dark Magic
"Are you willing to train Vinyl as a defender?" Dark Magic asked Moondancer, who raised an eyebrow.

"Of course" Moondancer replied.

"Awesome, meeting dismissed" Dark Magic said, and unicorns broke into groups.

"I think i'd show you our are before we begin training" Moondancer said, approaching Vinyl.

"Sure, but whats a defender?" Vinyl asked.

"Defends our are. Attackers will do the fighting" Moondancer explained.

Vinyl nodded.

"Well, let's go!" Moondancer said, trotting over to enter the depths of the forest