• Published 20th Aug 2012
  • 920 Views, 56 Comments

Life after Death - Weisted Machine



Life after the deaths of Vinyl and Fluttershy

  • ...
5
 56
 920

To the herds

Flutter Shy trotted over a soft field of grass, shortly behind Mismatch and Orange Leaf. Mismatch and Orange Leaf halted.

"We need to take flight now" Mismatch informed Flutter Shy, spreading his wings

"Oh, but I'm not a very good flyer.. How far do we have to go?" Flutter Shy said, unfurling her yellow wings.

"Ah, It's kind of far, but Mismatch and I will help you get there if you need help" Orange Leaf said, before jumping off his hooves to fly into the pale blue sky. Flutter Shy flew up with them, and the 3 pegasus proceeded to the clouds.


Flutter Shy looked down. The Middle World grew further away with each wing stroke. Flutter Shy looked back up to Mismatch and Orange Leaf, who were approaching the nearest cloud. They landed on it softly and Flutter Shy came crashing down onto the cloud. Orange Leaf flinched as the yellow pegasus collided with the cloud.

"Ok, we need to travel across a few clouds before reaching the herd. Flutter Shy, you will need to jump across, but don't look down" Mismatch said, trotting in the direction towards the sun. Flutter trotted along side Orange Leaf, who kept pace with her.

Mismatch broke from his steady trot and into a run. He leapt gracefully from his former cloud to the next. "Alright Flutter Shy! You need to jump here, remember, don't look down!" Mismatch called. Flutter Shy examined how much space there was between the two clouds.

"I-I-I can't do it" Flutter squeaked. "Yes you can! and anyway, you won't survive our herd if you can't jump from cloud to cloud!"

Orange Leaf leaned to Flutter Shy.

"It's alright, I'll catch you if you fall" He murmered softly in Flutter Shys ear, who was quivering in fear. Flutter Shy gulped and got to her shaky hooves. She squeezed her eyes shut and charged across the cloudy sky, gathering muscles in her haunches, she leapt, she soared across the Middle Word's sky and landed on her hooves on the other cloud with no effort.

"Good job!" Orange Leaf praised as he jumped over the gap for himself. Mismatch continued trotting along, and when gaps arrived, Flutter jumped over them. This went on for awhile, and Flutter Shy felt her fear of heights dissolving.

"Hey! Where here!" Orange Leaf called to Flutter Shy and Mismatch and sprinted to a heard of pegasus ahead.




*****

Vinyl followed Minty across the hills of grass, towards the forest. Minty broke out into a steady trot with Vinyl on her heels. As they neared the woods, Vinyl noticed a small fog raise at their heels, and trees engulfing them.

"Almost there" Minty murmering, trotting to what seemed like group of unicorns ahead.