• Published 20th Aug 2012
  • 921 Views, 56 Comments

Life after Death - Weisted Machine



Life after the deaths of Vinyl and Fluttershy

  • ...
5
 56
 921

Shes hiding something

(this chapter is on Octavia, only)


Twilight looked at Octavia sadly.

"She was special to you, wasn't she" Twilight said in barely a whisper.

Octavia nodded as she broke down once again.

Twilight put a comforting hoof around Octavia.

"Shush .. It's ok.. I'll bet you anything Vinyls safe and in good hooves" Twilight said quietly.

"I can't make my life without her .. If only I could see her one more time" Octavia cried.

Twilight looked at the sobbing mare.

"I think I can make that come true" Twilight said, showing a tiny smile.

Octavia looked at her despreatly.

"Oh please" Octavia said at once.

Twilight smiled as she shut her eyes. Her horn glowed a lovely lavender. She opened her pure white eyes as a beam of light shot from her horn. As it subsided, the faint image of Vinyl stood before Octavia. Twilight then collapesed to the floor from exaustion.

"Vinyl oh Vinyl" Octavia cried in happiness. The ghostly mare looked at her.

"This looks like ..." Vinyl managed to say before resting her gaze on Octavia.

"Tavi?" Vinyl asked.

"Yes, it's Tavi" Octavia said with tears of sadness and joy as she heaved herself over to Vinyl.

"Octavia ..? OCTAVIA" Vinyl said as she rushed over to greet her best friend in a hug. Octavia returned the hug back.

"Why did you go?" Octavia whispered in Vinyls ear.

"I'm sorry ..." Vinyl said looking at the ground as they broke apart from each other.

"You shouldn't have gone, my dear" Octavia said softly. Just then Vinyls gaze snapped up to hers.

"Did I say something wrong dearest Vinyl?" Octavia asked.

Vinyl looked away from Octavia.

"No. Nothing at all .." Vinyl forced a smile.

Vinyl was hiding something. Yes. Defiantly. But nows not the time.

As Octavia opened her mouth to speak, Vinyl inturrupted her.

"Oh how I've missed you" Vinyl said with a small smile.

Octy smiled back.

"I missed you too ..." Tavi said as she looked back at Vinyl, who was becoming more and more transparent.

"Looks like I'm going ..." Vinyl said, examining herself.

"Oh" Octavias heart broke again as Vinyl began to fade.

"Vinyl .. I love you. Goodbye, I hope we meet again" Octavia said just loud enough for Vinyl to hear.

"Bye Tavi" Vinyl said before she disappeared once and for all.

Why didn't Vinyl say she loved her? This pained Octavia. A lot.

A low moan cried from the floor. Octavia looked down to see Twilight shifting the slightest. She opened her eyes and looked at Octavia.

"Did it work?" She asked.

Octavia nodded as tears of joy streamed down her face.

Twilight smiled.

"That took a lot of magic ... I sure don't wanna do that one again any time soon" Twilight said with a small smile.

Octavia closed her eyes.

"I must thank you Twilight" Octavia said.

"No problem" Twilight replied.

Octavia quickly glanced at where Vinyl disappeared.

What was her marefriend hiding?

After all, NO SECRETS!

"So now we know the death of Fluttershy ... And Miss Scratch" Twilight finished.

"Thank you for your time, Octavia" Twilight said as she dipped her head in respect.

"Oh no worries Twilight" Octavia said, her voice dull once again.

"I shall be on my way now, we have lost enough time" Twilight said as she started towards the door.

"Goodbye, Twilight" Octavia said as Twilight left her house. Without a ponies prescense left a lingering feeling of unease in Octavias stomach.

With fatigue biting at Octavia, she trotted to her room. She pulled her blankets over her as she began to sleep.

Lush forest, with mist gathering at the pale unicorns hooves. Octavia took perfect note at the unicorn, for it was her Vinyl. Vinyls face had pure joy, as she galloped through the forest, past Octavia.

"Wait!" She called, but Vinyl didn't look back.

Octavia dashed towards Vinyl, but as fast as she would go, she couldn't keep up. At last Vinyl halted. Octavia came trotting slowly behind Vinyl, slower as she drew closer.

"Oh how I've missed you my dear" Vinyl said, as a butter yellow Pegasus came slowly into view.

"Vinyl!" She said as she nuzzeled Vinyl affectionaly.

"Fluttershy, my love, how have you been?" Vinyl asked, happiness clearly taking over.

"Oh I have been just fine, how about you?" Fluttershy asked, batting her eyes back up at Octavias Vinyl.

Anger and pain washed over Octavia at this sight. Sadness mostly.

Feeling betrayed and angry, Octavia backed up. She turned around and dashed away from the two ponies.

Octavia halted to a stop. This was a dream, right? But everything seemed real! Why!? Octavia shook her head to rid of the question.

'Well I sure do hope this is a dream ...' Was Octavias last words before waking up.


(hey guys, sorry for making this a bit short =X )