• Published 29th Jul 2012
  • 2,650 Views, 75 Comments

The True Land Of Nod. (C&C) - TheMossiah



The Brotherhood finally has their Ascension but it is filled with ponies.

  • ...
10
 75
 2,650

GDI Victory! (And Epilogue.)

Daniels waited for what felt like hours. Finally the Princesses materialized in front of him.

"You're back! Did you manage to get the Ion cannon into orbit?" The two Princesses nodded and Lune wiped some sweat of her forehead with a hoof.

"It was difficult but we managed it." Daniels smiled and turned to a control console. He brought up the targeting computer on the weapon. Damn, it had to be readjusted. He tapped the commands into the computer and left the tent.

"Men it is time! In two hours the Ion cannon will be ready to fire. We need to keep pressure on them. Prepare to move out!" He grabbed his rifle and put on his new combat uniform. Rainbow Dash cut him off at the door.

"I know this has to be done but... Just please don't die." Daniels scratched her ear.

"I can't promise that but I will try to stay alive. Keep your friends safe. I will be back soon." He walked around her and left the tent.

"Lets do this!" The men cheered and all the machines sparked to life. The juggernauts and tanks took their formation. The mammoth MK.II's got in front of the formation to spearhead the assault. Daniels himself crawled into a firehawk and was accompanied but two wing men.

"Move out!" Daniels called out over the intercom. The massive assault team began to move towards the forest. The ponies watched in awe as the mastodons crushed the trees and opened a path. Daniels pulled ahead in the firehawk and the other aircraft followed. Daniels opened the intercom again.

"Prepare to bomb these bastards!" Rainbow Dash could hear the entire thing. Daniels had forgotten to switch off Rainbow Dash's coms. She could hear everything that was going on crystal clear.

As Daniels neared the Nod blockade he began to check out his new gear. He had a brand new combat knife, a heavy duty kevlar vest and what seemed to be a helmet camera. He switched it on, maybe they will document these last moments of the battle he thought to himself. He lightly chuckled at the thought. By now they were about a minute away from the blockade.

"Switch to air to ground missiles and hit those redeemers! With them still active they will rip our forces to pieces!" Daniels received a "Copy that" from the pilots. He locked on to the nearest redeemer...

"Fire!" He launched his missiles. Hundreds of other missiles meet their targets. Daniels missiles impacted with the legs of the redeemer. The massive machine toppled and exploded. The rest of the orca's and firehawk's managed to take out 7 other redeemers. only 4 remained. Now it was Nod's turn. SAM sites opened fire. Multiple orca's and firehawks alike succeeded at dodging the missiles. Others weren't so lucky... Daniels watched as a good 20 or so GDI aircraft were hit and crashed. a few managed to crash into the trenches taking some Nod soldiers with them.

"Firehawks! Switch to the armor-piercing gatling gun! Orca's! Switch to your under mounted chain guns!" He once again received a "Copy that" and the fight continued. Some of the pilots cheered as the GDI forces began their ground attack.

"Juggernauts! Extend leg-flaps and fire on my mark! Target the SAM sites and remaining redeemers!" Daniels angled around and saw the flaps slam into the ground in unison.

"Mark!" All juggernauts opened fire. Hundreds of rounds blocked out the sunlight as they soared through the air. Some Nod venoms were unlucky and were hit by some of the rounds. The rounds closed in on the ground. Nod forces seemed to run and duck for cover in slow-motion. Finally as if still in slow-motion rounds began to impact with the ground. He saw bodies fly threw the air. 2 of the redeemers were completely consumed in the juggernaut salvo.

"Charge!" With that all tanks opened fire and drove as fast as they could towards the Nod blockade. As Daniels went in for a dive with his AP gatling he watched in awe as a mammoth barreled over a mound in the dirt and slammed into an avatars chest. The avatar had no chance of surviving the hundred ton tank. It simply was crushed under the treads. Daniels looked in the distance. He saw the strange bombs fly and begin to impact the ground around GDI forces. Soldiers caught in the blast just vanished in a heap of dust and bones.

"Juggernauts! Counter artillery! Take out their artillery damn it!" By now GDI and Nod were in total combat. Venoms and armageddons bombed and fired at the GDI forces. Firehawks and mammoth's fired their rockets at the enemy aircraft. GDI infantry jumped into the trenches, bayonets extended. It was all out warfare. Finally Daniels spotted what looked like command vehicles. The two converted MARV's charged in obliterating vehicles and men alike with its powerful obelisk weapons. Com towers covered the rear of the MARV's.

"Target the MARV's! They look like they are running the show!" With that 3 firehawks broke formation and attacked one of the MARV's. Even with their powerful AP rounds they couldn't punch through the strengthened armor of the MARV. Daniels cursed under his breath. But what he saw next put a smile on his face. The mammoth MK.II's caught up.

"Mammoth MK.II battle walkers! I want you to focus fire on those MARV's!" The mammoth MK.II's charged their weapons and opened fire. The MARV seemed to eat at the damage. Then... *BANG* The obelisk tower exploded and the entire MARV went up in flames. Daniels held in a cheer.

"Good work! Ready your weapons and destroy the final MARV!" As he prepared another dive with his gatling he noticed an officer like man jump out of the remaining MARV. He ran straight for an odd looking bush... No wait it was a camouflage net! The net lit up and flames and disintegrated. A massive custom built venom began to take off. His lock on warning began to sound. It was the venom.

"Breaking off!" Daniels yelled as he went full throttle. The venom didn't shoot just one missile, or two... It fired hundreds with the custom made rocket pods. The cone of air began to form around his firehawks nose.

"Try to hit this!" The sonicboom like noise rang out and multiple missiles that were in chase exploded. atleast 7 remained. Daniels quickly spun around and flew straight for them. At the last second he pulled up and dodged the missiles. He flew directly for the venom.

"Eat lead you Nod bastard!" Daniels fired his gatling at the venom. A few rounds connected with its rocket pods and damaged its left turbine. It quickly regained control but it was to late. Daniels dodged the venom and the rockets exploded. Daniels turned his head and his face filled with horror as the venom lost its left engine fully but managed to stay in the air and fire off a couple beams of its under mounted gun. 3 of the shots connected with his engine and he went into a glide. He looked for a soft spot in the clearing.

"I'm hit! I'm hit! I'm going down!!!" Rainbow Dash now had the Intercom attached to a speaker so the Princesses and her friends could hear. Her eyes filled with dread.

"No!" She screamed. She could hear Daniels hitting switches and buttons. She could also here a loud noise she could recognize as the sound the aircraft made as they crashed.

Daniels hit the ground hard. The firehawk began to slid across the ground smoothly at first but started to turn and tilt. It finally hit a bump and the whole thing spun and slammed into the ground in rapid succession. It came to a stop. He punched the hatch open. His face was bloody with cuts. He grabbed his rifle and looked over the horizon. He seemed to be on a hill overlooking the battlefield.

"Shit that hurt..." He mumbled. He heard a buzzing sound in the distance. He looked with horror as the venom spun and crashed 20 meters from him. It went up in flames. He was about to sit back in relief when he heard a crack. The venoms hatch flew open and a shadowy figure limped out.

"Didn't think you could kill me that easily, Did you?" He knew who that was. It was Nightscar. Daniels switched the safety off his gun and pulled it up. As he looked up Nightscar was standing in front of him. He smacked the gun out of his hands and delivered a hard kick to Daniels ribs. He flew backwards.

"Damn you're fast. But are you strong?" Daniels charged towards him with his knife out. He dodged a punch and sunk his blade into Nightscar's back. He let out a large grunt and punched his helmet. Daniels helmet went flying to the ground, but the camera seemed to manage to point at them. Nightscar then threw the dazed general to the ground. Nightscar picked up Daniels and held him by his vest's collar.

"Look at my face, because it will be your last." Nightscar took Daniels knife and planted it in his chest. Daniels grunted and began to feel weak. Daniels saw the revolver that hung off of Nightscar's belt and

"One last thing." Nightscar shook Daniels.

"What?" Daniels grabbed the revolver and cocked it and brought it up to Nightscar's jaw in one swift motion.

"Fuck. You." He pulled the trigger. He had literally blown his brains out. Nightscar's entire skull exploded from the powerful magnum round. Daniels fell the to ground. His intercom activated and a machine like voice began to talk to him.

"Orbital Ion Cannon is ready to fire. Input fail-safe code. Repeat after me. I am human. " Daniels knew he would be killed from the shockwave from the blast.

"I am human." The intercom beeped. He activated everyone's intercom.

"This is General Jacob Daniels signing off... Fire." The intercom beeped again.

" Fail-safe accepted. Firing Ion Cannon." Daniels brought the revolver to his head.

"Over and out." *BANG*

The ponies had heard the whole thing over the intercom. The Princesses bowed their heads. Fluttershy grabbed Twilight and begun to cry. Rainbow Dash just looked at the intercom. A loud *BAAAAAAMMMM* noise rung out then static.

"Daniels! Nooo...." She fell to the ground. It was over. But he died saving them from destruction. Her friends and the Princesses circled her and her vision went black.





***************************************Epilogue***************************************

A year later. -The Aftermath-


GDI forces eliminated or captured the remaining Nod forces. The changelings without their leader crumbled into chaos. GDI soldiers searched the Nod compound and found out that Kane had vanished without a trace. The Nod Ion cannon tank had been destroyed and had failed to destroy the Tiberium in return would have signaled a Scrin invasion. Earth had crumbled. Humanity slowly died out from the Tiberium's radiation. The Scrin had finally returned when the planet was completely covered. The Princess had allowed remaining GDI forces to live in Equestria and granted them a massive piece of land to build a city. GDI had managed to clear out the Tiberium and had figured out a way to safely mine it without it spreading. Equestria was effectively Tiberium free except in the special facility's GDI constructed to safely contain it. The day GDI defeated Nod was turned into a holiday called. "Liberation Day".

Everyone and Everypony gathered around at a large statue unveiling. Rainbow Dash had arrived with a tear in her eye. The Princesses stood on their podiums.

"Today is a day we remember the great heroes that defended out land. The ones who stopped the evil brotherhood from killing us all. Now I shall unveil the statue that represents this day. Liberation Day!" 4 Guards proceeded to remove the large white sheet. There stood a golden statue. It had a ring of soldiers with their guns to their sides that circled a podium. On the podium stood two men in general-like uniforms. One was Parker. He stood with the GDI flag in his hand. And the last man that Rainbow Dash easily recognized.

"Daniels..." She said and sucked back a tear. Daniels stood their with right foot on a cracked symbol on Nod. He held a helmet to his side. She read the plaque that was attached to the great statue.

This statue stands in the memory of Ryan Parker and Jacob Daniels as well as the many fallen soldiers that fought for our freedom. Victory can only be found through sacrifice.

Princess Celestia walked down from her podium and moved towards Rainbow Dash. Using her magic she held out a helmet.

"We found this close to the body of Daniels. It seems to have a video camera as the humans told me. I think if anyone should, you should watch his last moments." Rainbow Dash took the helmet with her wing nodded. She couldn't bare to watch the death of Daniels. She flew up to the statue and placed the helmet on top of Daniels head. She landed and looked at it. Finally in a year she had felt happy again.