• Published 23rd Dec 2017
  • 1,901 Views, 55 Comments

Spoiled Re-training - Foal Star



Spoiled Rich is now a very disrespectful filly and has been kicked out of daycare. Now Diamond Tiara has to help her mom become a good filly.

  • ...
5
 55
 1,901

Chapter 8: Ballet Practice and Tryouts

Next morning, Diamond Tiara groaned and rolled around in her bed, as Spoiled Rich woke her up. “Diamond, I peed my diapee wast night! Ya need to change me befowe I go to schoow, or I’ww get a diapee rash!”

Diamond sighed in annoyance as she got up, yawning. “Alright, little missy, I’ll be there in a sec,” She then led the filly to the bathroom to wipe her down, and helped put a fresh pull-up over her. She then asked. “So, you excited for the ballet tryouts today?”

Spoiled Rich blushed and gave a nod while scrunching her pull-up, still embarrassed at what she’d done at the Cake Twins birthday yesterday. “Yeah, I tink I’m weady.”

Diamond nuzzled her mom and cooed. “Oh, you’re going to do well, I know. You and Flower Petal have been practicing nonstop, and I think you two are more than ready for the competition.”

Spoiled turned around, hugged Diamond, and whispered. “Tanks fow ya suppowt.”

“You don’t have to go potty before we leave, do you?” Tiara asked. “You don’t want another accident like the one you had yesterday.”

Spoiled blushed, and shook her head. “Nah, I good. I onwy went poopie ‘cause tat cake didn’t agwee with me.”

They went downstairs to find Filthy Rich, who was drinking a cup of coffee and looked over to see his two fillies and asked. “So, what are you fillies up to today?”

Diamond Tiara turned and answered. “Well, today, for me, I’m going to learn to make dolls. And Spoiled Rich here is going to be practicing for her ballet tryouts tonight.”

Filthy Rich dawwed and hugged and kissed Spoiled Rich on the cheek. “Oh, Spoiled, I can't wait to see your performance tonight. I know you’ll make me proud.”

Spoiled squealed and wiggled about. “Stop, Fiwthy, ya so embawwassing.”

Filthy smirked and ruffled Spoiled’s mane. “Alright. You go run along, don’t want to be late. See ya tonight, darlin’.”

Spoiled quickly ran out the door and saw Flower Petal in her tutu and pull-up, jumping right into her! “Hey, Spoiwed!” Flower Petal greeted. They hugged each other for some time, then Flower Petal blushed as she asked. “Hey, ya weady fow ta twyouts tonight?”

Spoiled Rich looked around with a nervous expression and whispered in her friend’s ear. “No, I'm a wittwe newvous. I mean big pony judges are actuawwy goin’ ta judge our pewfowmance.”

Flower Petal shook her head. “Nah, I tink we gonna be fine. We pwacitced fow so wong and so hawd, thewe’s no way we gonna faiw!”

Spoiled shrugged. “I hope not, othewise I dun aww tis stuff fow noting.”

They both then ran off as Diamond shouted. “Hey you two, wait for me!”


Scootaloo was groaning as she was waiting in Soft Gem’s office. She was grinding a hoof in the ground as she thought. “I wonder why Soft Gem wants to talk to me? She said I could keep the dress of responsibility as long as I take good care of it.

Soft Gem came over to the filly. “Now, Scootaloo, don’t worry, you're not in trouble. In fact, I’m impressed with how well you’re behaving, but I wanted to ask you something.”

Scootaloo gulped and whispered. “Wh..what?”

Soft Gem paused, then asked. “Why did you keep the responsibility dress from yesterday?”

Scootaloo looked all around making sure nopony was present, and then replied. “Well...I...I kind of like wearing it to sleep is all.”

Soft Gem giggled. “Oh, don’t be embarrassed. In fact you liking that pink dress is the reason I have you here, for today's activity requires the fillies to really let go and just have fun.”

Scootaloo rolled her eyes and asked. “So, what’s the activity?”

Soft continued. “Today is the beginning of the tryouts for the ballet competition.”

Scootaloo’s eyes went wide! “Really?! They’re happening that fast?!”

Soft nodded. “Yes they are now,” She then explained. “I’ve signed up Spoiled Rich and Flower Petal, and they’ve been doing very well in their practice. But usually fillies get a little embarrassed about their tutus, especially during the first round of the competitions that’s hosted here. So I propose that the bigger fillies wear pink frilly dresses or tutus to the competition, and support them.”

Scootaloo gasped in realization of what Soft Gem was asking! ”Wait, you want me to do it?! But why?! Why not Sweetie Belle, or Apple Bloom, or Diamond Tiara?! They like wearing dresses more than I do!”

Soft explained sweetly. “Well, it's because you're one of the oldest fillies, and you need to be an example. Besides, you already liked sleeping in the dress of responsibility, so I don’t see what the big deal is.”

Scootaloo solemnly (and reluctantly) nodded and replied. “Alright, guess I’m okay with that, as long as that’s all I have to wear. But no other big ponies will be there, right?”

Soft nodded in reply. “Only the parents of the participating fillies.”

Scootaloo reluctantly sighed. “Alright then, I’ll do it, for the sake of the fillies.”

Soft Gem squealed and hugged Scootaloo tightly! “Oh thank you, Scootaloo! You have no idea how much that means to me!” Scootaloo just sighed and gave a nod. Soft broke the embrace, scooted Scootaloo out the door and cooed. “Excellent. Now come on, sweetie, time to make the big announcement!”


They were now out the door where the rest of the fillies were busy making dolls at the tables, with buttons, needles, and thread. Mares were about helping the foals with the intricate work.

Soft Gem went in front of every filly as they all turned their attention to her. “Now fillies,, the ballet competition between Canterlot, Ponyville, and Manehatten starts today. Tonight we will have our first competition, right here at our school,” She announced. “As for the attire I was thinking we all wear pink to give Spoiled Rich Jr. and Flower Petal confidence.”

The fillies all whispered amongst each other, then Scootaloo got up and proclaimed. “I...I will be going in a pink frilly dress as well.”

The fillies all gasped and one asked. “So, wait, Scootaloo, you’re going to wear a frilly pink dress?”

Scootaloo reluctantly nodded and gave a “Yep.” The fillies all started giggling again, then they all burst into laughter as Scootaloo covered her face with a wing,

Soft Gem growled. “Alright, that’s enough. You all wore pink frilly dresses at least once since you’ve been here. There’s no need to make fun of Scootaloo for that,” The fillies all stopped laughing as Scootaloo ran to her friends and Soft continued. “Now carry on and make your dolls, your parents will be here soon.” She left and the fillies continued with their doll making.

Scootaloo turned to see Spoiled Rich and Flower Petal making pretty pink filly dolls, with sparkling golds manes and blue eyes. Spoiled Rich then sighed jumped down from her chair, waddled over, and gave Scootaloo a hug. Flower Petal got up and did the same, and every filly looked over and dawwed, while Soft Gem just looked over with a smile.

Spoiled spoke up. “Scootawoo, tanks so much fow bein owa hewo .”

Flower Petal nodded. “Yeah, we wew scawed nopony wouwd come. Now tat ya was bwave, tey aw might come!”

Scootaloo couldn't help but feel a rise in confidence. “Yeah, you’re right I guess. If it means helping you two win, then I think it’s worth wearing a pink dress.”

Spoiled shrugged. “Who cawes if we gonna win, I just gwad that we gonna have fiwwies thew to watch us.”

Flower Petal nodded in agreement. “Yeah, is the best ting that couwd happen to us.”

They held the embrace for a few minutes, until Scootaloo patted the two on the back. “Alright, you two better get going with your dolls.” The two fillies nodded and waddled over.

Meanwhile, Apple Bloom was humming while making a grey coated doll. Sweetie Belle eyed it, it seemed very similar to a certain other doll she’d seen. “What's with the Smarty Pants twin?”

Apple Bloom shrugged. “Well, Big Mac has a Smarty Pants doll, so I thought: ‘Why can’t I have one too?’”

Diamond Tiara laughed as she held up her doll, which had a white coat, and a horn with blue eyes, a blue tail and mane. “Well, I’m making my prince charming.”

Sweetie Belle laughed. “That looks like Shining Armor! But he’s already married!”

Diamond Tiara blushes and hugged her doll. The other fillies dawwed, and Scootaloo giggled. “Oh, you have a crush on Shining?”

Tiara looked down and Sweetie Belle put her hooves to her face to suppress the giggles. ”Oh that’s adorable. Who knows? Maybe there’s another colt out there like Shining Armor.”

Diamond sighed. “I doubt it.”

Scootaloo looked down at her unfinished doll and growled. “Well, I'm not finishing mine, that’s for sure.”

Sweetie held up her doll. “Well, I made a Twilight doll!” She held up her purple alicorn doll and the other fillies dawwed.

Spoiled Rich then commented. “Alwight, I guess we should get going. I mean Fower Petaw and I should pwactice ouw dance for tonight.”

Flower Petal gave a nod and exclaimed. “Yeah, we need to get ouw tutus weady!” The two fillies got off the table. They waddled off as Diamond Tiara got up. “Well, I better tell Father about the dance tonight. And you fillies should get into pink dresses.”


Later that evening the fillies were all in pink frilly dresses and drinking tea. Filthy came in with a fancy tuxedo, with Diamond Tiara also in a pink frilly dress. He ruffled her mane as he cooed. “Diamond, I’m so proud at how this Summer school is really turnin’ Spoiled into a good little filly. How’s that possible?”

Diamond shrugged. “I have no idea how, but I’m just happy that she’s finally becoming a better pony.”

Filthy replied. “Well from the looks of it, this school really does help turn really bratty fillies good.”

They turned to Scootaloo looking down in complete embarrassment, and waddling around with fillies thanking her and hugging her.

Tiara sighed. “Maybe I should tell Scootaloo she doesn't have to do this anymore,” Diamond came up to her friend and tugged on her dress. “Hey, how are you holding up?”

Scootaloo shrugged. “I’m doing okay I guess. I mean, these little fillies love it but I hate it.”

“So why are you doing this then?” Diamond asked. “I don't think Soft Gem would mind if you just tell her you don’t want to do this anymore.”

Scootaloo turned to see all the fillies dancing around happy in their pink dresses. She smiled. “I'll do it for tonight, for the sake of the fillies.”

Diamond hugged her friend. “You’re amazing, Scootaloo! You know that?”

Scootaloo hugged Diamond Tiara back and they held the embrace. Then everything fell silent.

Soft Gem then came over to the podium and instructed. “Alright my little fillies, find your seats,” The fillies all went to a table as the Cutie Mark Crusaders and Filthy Rich sat together near the stage. When everypony was settled Soft Gem spoke up. “Fillies and Gentlecolts, welcome to the tryouts for the third annual Ballet Competition for Little Fillies. And Here are the two fillies that will represent Ponyville: Spoiled Rich Jr. and Flower Petal!”

The judges took their seats and the curtains moved aside. Flower Petal and Spoiled Rich took bows (with their pull-ups crinkling) and began their dance, moving about and starting to twirl. They raised their hooves in the air, did a few leaps and landed perfectly on their tiny legs. They heard giggling as their pull-ups crinkling was adorably transparent. But the two continued with the performance, doing a few more twirls and then leaping in the air again across the stage.

Then Flower Petal and Spoiled Rich finished their performance by both jumping. They did twirls in mid air, before landing on their back legs, only for both fillies to squeak as they fell backwards on their pull-ups. They blushed in embarrassment, but the judges applauded as one of them shouted! “What an adorable and wonderful performance! Suffice it to say, you two have been accepted into the competition, which will be held in Canterlot Summer School one week from now.”

The fillies squeaked together. “Tank you!”

The judges all got up as they congratulated Soft Gem, and when the big ponies left Soft Gem rushed over and hugged the fillies. “Oh, you two did such an excellent job! I’m so proud of you both.”

Spoiled hugged Soft back as did Flower Petal, then Filthy Rich came over with a big smile. “Oh, come here you little filly!” Spoiled Rich ran over and hugged her husband as he patted her pull-up.

Spoiled happily squealed! “Did ya see me?! Did ya see me!”

Filth laughed. “Oh, I saw you like I’ve never see you before!” He held the filly close and nuzzled her. He then asked Soft Gem. “So, she’ll be goin’ to Canterlot!?”

Soft Gem nodded. “That's right, she and Flower Petal will be going next week. I'll arrange the train tickets and a hotel. We should only be there for two days.”

Flower Petal burst with excitement, hugging Spoiled Rich! “Did ya hear tat, we going to Canterlot!”

Spoiled Rich just blushed, thinking to herself. “I never imagined going to Canterlot like this. Hopefully I can avoid any of my adult friends there, the last thing I need is for my age regression to go public! I’ll never live the embarrassment down, especially if they find out what I’ve been doing here!