• Published 22nd Dec 2017
  • 996 Views, 20 Comments

Power of the Mind - Bookpony579



Can Twilight figure out her power in time?

  • ...
 20
 996

Chapter 7

Twilight and Flash found themselves in a pitch black cavern.

The pink light of Twilight's magic soon spouted from her hands and filled the area.

"Hello? Flash, are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm right here." He then came into view and stood by her side. "Where are we?"

"In one of the mining caverns below the woods."

Twilight directed the light over to where another figure stood. The figure looked just like the one above ground...only more dirty, tired and upset.

"Cadance!" Twilight said excitedly before becoming suspicious."Wait..how do I know your the real Cadance?"

The figure seemed to think for a moment before giving a soft smile and doing a little dance.

"Sunshine, Sunshine

Ladybugs awake.

Clas you hands,

and do a little shake!"

Twilight's eyes widened as she remembered the nursery rhyme from her childhood. The one she and her favorite babysitter did every time they met.

"Cadance! It is you!" Twilight immediately gave a big hug to her sister in law, who swiftly returned it. "How's the baby?"

"Oh Twilight! You have no idea how good it is to see you! We're both doing fine...so far."

"Sorry to interrupt, but what's going on?" Flash asked.

"Oh right. Cadance, this is Flash Sentry, a friend from Canterlot High. Flash this is Cadance, by babysitter turned sister in law." Twilight said when she broke the hug.

"Nice to meet you. As for what's going on, that impostor kidnapped me during our camping trip and put me here!"

"Don't worry! We'll figure something out..." Twilight tried to comfort her when she suddenly felt lightheaded. She stumbled a little.

"Twilight? Are you ok?!" Flash asked, concerned and holding her arm to keep steady.

"I-I..." Twilight tried to say something when suddenly her eyes went white and her vision faded.


Shining Armor and 'Cadance' were in their home, arguing.

"I told you I don't want you going out tonight."

"But I promised the guys we'd get together this month. I don't get it, you usually don't mind me playing Ogres and Oubliettes with the guys."

"Well now I do! Are you arguing with me?"

"I guess I am!" Suddenly Shining winced and grabbed in head, as though in pain.

"Oh dear...are you getting another one of your headaches?" 'Cadance' asked, her voice dripping with fake compassion. "Here, let me help." She reached out her hand and a green beam of magic shot out and hit Shining in the head. His eyes glowed green and he became wall eyed.

"Feeling better?"

Shining could only nod, while 'Cadance' ginned to herself in victory.


Twilight's vision returned as she saw Flash's and Cadence's concerned faces.

"Twilight!? What happened? Are you ok!?" Cadance worried.

"Your eyes just suddenly went...white!" Flash described.

Twilight shook her head to regain her bearings. "I don't know what happened but I saw Shining Armor alone with that impostor. She's using some kind of mind control spell on him!"

"Not my Shining Armor!" Cadance gasped.

"We have to get out of here!" Flash declared.

"How? There's no signal down here. Remember that mineshaft you almost got caught in a while back? Many of these tunnels have been shut down for decades and there are so many we could spend hours just wondering!"

Just then felt the tugging again. She looked towards the mine exit.

"Twilight?" Cadance asked.

"I don't know why....but I think we should try it anyway."

"What? But I just..."

"It's ok." Flash said. "I think she's got this." He nodded to Twilight, showing she had his confidence. Twilight then proceeded to lead them through the series of tunnels.

Twilight did this without consciously picking the directions. The tunnels she chose made no more sense to her than they did to the others. Twilight knew almost nothing about the geography or landscape of the old mines, but something deep inside her was guiding her through the maze, like it was leaving an invisible thread for Twilight to follow.

Finally they came upon was wall of collapsed rocks.

"Where are we?" Cadance asked.

"Hang on." Twilight then used her magic to move the rocks out of the way, revealing an exit. All three of them rushed out and embraced the sunlight of the cool autumn day.

"We're out!" Flash cheered.

"Twilight you did it!" Cadance exclaimed.

"Yeah..." Twilight said, looking around. The area seemed very familiar, "Wait...this is where we helped those miners! Where Applejack got her power!"

"Yeah..." Flash recalled the event.

Twilight pulled out her phone and saw that the GPS was still working, "Ok, we have to hurry! Let's go!"

They quickly made their way through the woods and back to Flash's car.

Now they can only hope they weren't too late.

Author's Note:

Merry (still) Christmas! :twilightblush:

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!