• Published 22nd Dec 2017
  • 997 Views, 20 Comments

Power of the Mind - Bookpony579



Can Twilight figure out her power in time?

  • ...
 20
 997

Chapter 9

Chrysalis, with a captive Twilight, followed Luna down the halls. Thankfully school had ended several hours ago, so nobody was around.

"You know..." Chrysalis began,"You've actually impressed me, Twilight. Very few people have been able to see through my disguises. Your grandmother being one of them, of course. It appears her looks weren't the only thing she passed on."

"I'm flattered..." Twilight grumbled, glaring at her captor.

"Just how did you manage to get out of the mines? It took me a while to get them routed out myself. But for anyone else it would have taken days to figure it out. I even cast a spell to prevent people from teleporting out!"

This made Twilight hesitate. She wasn't even sure herself how she was able to make it out of the mine system without outside help. It was as though part of her did know the way out, but she certainly couldn't tell the changeling queen that!

"Uh....lucky guess?" she gave a weak smile.

Chrysalis narrowed her eyes, not really sure whether to believe it or not. They continued the rest of the way in silence.

I hope the others are ok...


Back in Luna's office, Shining Armor stood guarding the door while the others helped Celestia to her feet.

"Thank you everyone." Celestia said, leaning on Sunset for stability.

"We have to stop her!" Rainbow declared and was about to rush off when AJ grabbed her.

"Woah now sugarcube. Right now ain't the time. Not while she has Twilight."

"Applejack's right." Celestia said reluctantly. "She's too powerful right now. All we can do now is wait and hope for the best."

"Oh, I hate waiting!" Velvet went over to her son, "Come on Shining, it's me, your mother. Don't you remember me?"

Shining didn't move, his eyes still green and empty.

"Please Shining, it's me...Cadance." Cadance walked over to him too, looking desperate. She raised a hand a caressed his cheek, "I know you can hear me in there. I don't care how powerful the queen is. Our love is stronger than any spell Chrysalis can cast." She hugged him tightly.

Unbeknownst to her, small electric tendrils of magic gathered at her fingertips. They formed into a small pink heart which floated up towards Shining. It landed on his nose before disintegrating, spreading it's magic over him.

Shining blinked, and his eyes returned to their natural blue, "W-what happened?" he asked, slightly dazed.

"SHINING!" His wife and mother both shouted and hugged him. Once they let go of him he asked again.

"The changeling queen impersonated me to feed of your love and put you under a spell!" Cadance explained.

Shining Armor became angry and worried, "What!? Are you ok!? Hows the baby!?" he put a hand on Cadance's belly for reassurance. She smiled and put a hand over his, "We're both fine. Twilight and her friend Flash Sentry found us and brought us here. But then Chrysalis attacked Celestia, took Twilight, and is using her to force Luna to give her the elements!"

Shining was furious now, "WHAT!? We have to save her!"

Before anyone could stop him, he raced out of the room and down the hall. The others swiftly followed after him.


Luna was unlocking the door to the sub-basement when a voice called out:

"TWILIGHT!"

The trio turned to see a non-mindcontrolled Shining Armor racing towards them, the others following behind.

"SHINY!" Twilight wanted to run over and hug him, but found Chrysalis tightening her grip, nearly choking her.

"Not another step!"

This stopped Shining and the others in their tracks. Chrysalis looked over at Shining.

"So...it seams you've broken my hold on him. No matter, I may not have your love, but I still have this little one." she gestured to Twilight, who glared right back at her. "And if you want her to live to see another day, I suggest you hand over the Elements of Harmony now!"

As Luna fumbled with the keys, Twilight began to think. There had to be something she could do! She couldn't let Chrysalis get the Elements! But how? The only reason she's even made it this far was pure, dumb luck.

.....but what if it wasn't luck?

At the moment she caught Flash's eye. He, like the others, looked terrified for her safety. She continued looking him the eyes, a serious expression on her face. They kept this eye contact, as though they were having a silent conversation. She gave a slight nod, and he gave one back in understanding. When no one was looking, he slipped away.

Twilight quietly used her magic to knock the keys from Luna's hand and sent it flying a little ways off. This Chrysalis did notice.

"And just what were you trying to accomplish there?" she asked, flaring her magic threateningly.

"Buying time." Twilight said simply.

"For what? I'm getting those Elements one way or another, and there's nothing you can do to stop me!"

While everyone was so focused on Chrysalis and Twilight, nobody saw Flash sneak up on her untill

*WHAM!*

"AUGH!"

The knock to the back of the head surprised Chrysalis enough to loosen her grip, allowing Twilight to escape. When Chrysalis turned around, she saw Flash holding a broom threateningly.

"You little brat!" She summoned her magic, ready to strike at him when a blast of blue magic knocked her into the door.

"That," Luna stated simply and seriously, "Was for my sister."

Chrysalis soon found herself surrounded by a group of very angry and very POWERFUL mages.

"It's over Chrysalis." Twilight said, looking her in the eyes.

Chrysalis, never breaking eye contact, slowly rose to her feet. "Yes...for now. But I will return. You've just made yourself a very powerful enemy Twilight Sparkle!"

Chrysalis surrounded herself with green fire and before anyone could stop it, it consumed the Changeling Queen and dispersed, leaving nothing behind but some scorch marks.

"She's gone!" Rainbow cried out in surprise.

"She must have teleported out. She couldn't have gone too far. I'll look around the school, Celestia you call for help." Luna went off to search for the escapee.

Shining rushed over to his sister, grabbing her shoulders. "Are you alright? Are you hurt?"

Twilight gave her brother a smile. "I'm fine BBBFF. I'm just happy your ok!"

The older Twilight quickly swept her younger child in a hug, "Thank goodness for that!"

Out of the corner of her eye, Twilight saw Flash and gave him a small smile, which he gladly returned.

Author's Note:

One more chapter to go!