• Published 26th Jan 2018
  • 488 Views, 5 Comments

Spike's odyssey - therandomone95



Spike's epic journey to return home and confess to Rarity before it's too late.

  • ...
1
 5
 488

Chapter 3: The "accident"

Author's Note:

Hey! I'm not dead!

In case you didn't read the blog I posted, my worst times are behind me, now, I'll try to upload more frecuently, maybe once a week.

As you saw, the rating changed, when you read the chapter, you'll find out why...

This chapter features a song that probably some of you don't know, but here it is (I suggest that you read the chapter before you hear the song, but it's your choice): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTGGCKZxptY

Chapter 4: The "accident"

Spike was having a weird dream, but in a good way, because he was dreaming about Rarity, it was mid-afternoon in Ponyville, and he was inside the Boutique, he saw himself confessing to her, and it was weird, Rarity said "yes", Spike sincerely didn't saw it coming. Suddely, his world was filled with happiness, all of his problems seemed to disappear and his joy took over his visions.

For Spike, this was heaven, Rarity was kissing him in the muzzle, and the world around them seemed to fade away to leave the scene alone, Spike clearly was starting to believe this was real, but then, he heard a weird sound, it became louder, louder, at one point, Spike thought that it was a monster, he got out of the Boutique with his beloved mare, and he saw a weird figure lurk above Ponyville, it was bipedal, it had fingers, and it was HUGE, Spike didn't waste time, he grabbed Rarity by her hoof, and tried to move her out of the way, but it was already too late, the monster saw them.

"Come on, Rarity! We have to move!" Shouted Spike at the top of his lungs. He started to feel water in front of his eyes, but he didn't care, he was too focused on saving Rarity that it didn't matter to him.

But, for some reason, Rarity stood still, she didn't move from the place she was in, she just stared at the monster in an odd way, Spike's begging didn't do any effects on the mare, she just stayed there, with her stare lost in the sky. The monster was practically above them by now.

Three seconds passed before "it" did something, suddenly, "it" waved a hand / claw / foreleg in the air, Spike was lookig at it terrified, then, the creature let his limb fall on them. Spike was too terrified to realize what was going on, he tried to move, but his feet were stuck on the dirt, he tried to run, beg, fight, but nothing worked, the creature's limb was just above him now.

There was a shriek from Rarity for a moment, and then...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spike opened his eyes, he was back in the train, but Spike thought that he had awoken from a nightmare just to be trapped in another one, all of the ponies were in terror, the sound that he heard in his dream was the train's alarm sound, and some ponies were watching something at the other side of the window.

When Spike approached the wndow, he saw something that scared him like nothing else in his life could: There was a giant Tornado next to the train, the biggest tornado he has ever seen, and the worst part was that the passengers couldn't escape it, even if the train stopped, they could be trapped by it in no time.

The torado did its thing, it started to attract the train, the train driver tried to escape it by driving faster, but it wasn't long before the whole train started flying towards the tornado, the wagons separated and spread through the whole tornado, the passengers were floating inside the wagons, some were praying to Celestia, some others were hugging each other, but Spike didn't know what to do, he was floating too at this point.

Spike tried to float towards a door at the other side of the wagon, but the air sent him towards the edge of a seat where he hit his head hard, there was screaming for a moment before he closed his eyes...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was dark, you could tell that Spike had been sleeping for quite a while, speaking of him, Spike felt bad, he wanted to die, but instead, he woke up with a worried expression on his face, 'what happened? where was he? where is everypony? where did that tornado come from?' everything was so confusing. When he woke up, he was in the middle of what it seemed like a forest, it wasn't the Everfree forest, mainly because there weren't any deadly creatures nearby, but instead, there were pieces of the wagon he was in, and the ponies from the wagon? They are in somewhere nicer by now.

Spike didn't know where was he, so, he started walking towards what it seemed like a building, with every step he took, more thoughts ran through his mind, he wondered how was he going to get back to Ponyville, there was something else that bugged his mind: He remembered that there was supposed to be an important ceremony in Ponyville, and important ponies from Manehattan were going to arrive, Spike knew Rarity's tradition of falling for the first pony from Manehattan to make her googly eyes, and that could be a problem if he wanted to confess.

By the time he thought about this, he already made his way to the building, he thought that he was in Manehatten, but his thought changed when he saw that there wasn't smoke in the sky, Spike also noticed that there weren't many ponies outside at this hour. Also, there wasn't anything beyond the city, just pure darkness.

Spike approached a stallion on the street: "Hi, mister, I'm kinda lost, could you tell me where am I?"

"AAAAAHHH, A DRAGON!" Yelled the stallion with fear.

"SIR! I'M FRIENDLY! I PROMISE!" Said Spike, trying to calm down the stallion.

"I'm sorry, I have somewhere else to go! You're in S.L.City, sorry, but I've got to go! Bye!" And with that, the stallion ran away, leaving Spike confused.

"Did he just say S.L.City? Great, I'm at the other side of Equestria! What am I going to do?" Said Spike to himself. "No, I can't be thinking like that! I've got to get back! For me, for Rarity, for us!" Said Spike in a hopeful tone. "I promise you, Rarity, I will be there." Spike started his walk towards the sea to clear his thoughts. Then, without realizing it, he began singing:

In the light that falls at moonrise,
In the rhytm of the rain,
In the miracle of ordinary days,
In the hush of night, I will be in the whispers of lovers,
everywhere, you will find me there.

In the rustle of the curtain,
In the bustle of the world,
In a thousand little unexpected ways,
when you lift your gaze, I will be like the shimmer of one small star,
out there, shining everywhere.

I will be there, beside you, through the lonely nights that fall,
so close your eyes, remember my embrace
I will be there, like mercy, I will find you through it all,
This do I swear: I will be there.

Spike imagined Rarity waiting for him in Ponyville, he wanted Rarity to wait for him, because he really loved her, and he wanted her to love him back just like he does. In his head, Rarity is watching outside her window, waiting for her dragon to arrive at home...

In a language never spoken,
live the promises that we made,
in the endless low that owns my heart and soul,
in the certainty I will always be true and as near as my next prayer
you will find me there.

In the echo of the ocean,
In the haunting of the wind,
In mysterious extraordinary ways,
through the darkest sky, I will be like the shimmer of one small star
out there, shining everywhere.

I will be there, beside you, through the lonely nights that fall,
so close your eyes, remember my embrace,
I will be there, like freedom, I will find you through it all,
This do I swear, I will be there.

Suddenly, Spike entered the Boutique with roses in his claws, and began singing along with Rarity:

In the harbour quarter,
In the stoe and mortar,
In the star that we both share...

In the sound of laughter,
Now and ever after,
Look for me, I will be there...

I will be there!
Beside you, through the lonely nights that fall,
so close your eyes, remember my embrace,
(Remember my embrace)
I will be there
(Will be there)
Like justice, I will find you through it all,
This do I swear,
(This do I swear)

I will be there...

This do I swear, I will be there...

This do I swear, I will be there...

Spike snapped out of whatever trance he was in, and he saw that he arrived at the beach, he sit dow on the sand, thinking about Rarity and how was he going to confess, a tear rolled down his cheek, and he faded away into his slumber.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere else...

One of the six creatures was watching a screen that showed Spike resting on the sand, when suddenly, his leader etered the room...

"You IDIOT!!!!!" Said the leader while slapping the other one very hard.

"W-w-what did I do?" Said the minion, confused.

"I said: 'go and give him a plot twist!' Not an actual twister, you moron! That could've killed him! You killed dozens of ponies with your little "act"! We need him ALIVE to play with him!" Said the leader, obviously furious.

"Well, I am truly sorry, can you forgive me?" Said the minion cowardly.

"Yes, but next time, be more careful, will you?"

"Yes, thank you, boss!"

"We are going to present him the portal hallway once he gets there, and when he arrives there, DON'T SCREW IT UP!!!" Shouted the leader at the top of its voice.

There are still a lot of things Spike needs to prepare for...