• Published 26th Jan 2018
  • 488 Views, 5 Comments

Spike's odyssey - therandomone95



Spike's epic journey to return home and confess to Rarity before it's too late.

  • ...
1
 5
 488

Chapter 1: The beginning.

Chapter 1: The beginning

"SPIKE!!!!!!!!!" Shouted Twilight Sparkle at the top of her lungs.

"Huh?! What?! Twilight! What was that for?!" Said Spike, complaining about it.

"You're going to be late! I bet Cadance and Shining Armor are just as nervous as I am right now!" Responded Twilight.

"I think that's pretty much impossible." Whispered Spike.

"What did you say?!" Asked Twilight.

"Nothing!" Replied Spike, looking everywhere.

It was six o' clock in the morning, and Twilight was really nervous because Spike had to go alone to the Crystal Empire, there was going to be an important ceremony, supposedly, it was going to be a celebration of Shining Armor and Cadance's anniversary, and they organized a huge festival on the Crystal Empire to celebrate it! But they wanted Spike's presence because the crystal ponies would certainly be more entertained if their beloved hero was there.

There was one small problem: Spike was finally going to tell Rarity how he truly felt, Spike had previously talked about this with Twilight, but he never had the courage to let it all out, and just when he had armed himself with bravery and courage, this happens, too much of a coincidence, right?

Well, this had Spike really worried for some days, but then, he thought of something: he would go to the festival, he would return to Ponyville, he would go towards the Boutique, and then, he would confess. This could go perfect, or this could go very bad, or he could get rejected, or he could get scared at the worst moment, or he could...

Okay, this is getting ridiculous, Spike stopped himself before he gave up on this opportunity before this was even started, he grabbed three sheets and a quill, he knew that he should be prepared for anything, he put the objects on his backpack, and he ran out of the castle, towards the train station.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three hours later, his train was on his view...

'Why did I listen to Twilight? I should have stayed in bed at least one more hour.' Spike thought.

Spike's friends came to say goodbye at the train station, but Spike felt terribly nervous when Rarity was anywhere around him, it reminded him of how he wanted so badly to confess himself to her, but deep inside he knew that he should wait until the festival is over, if he told Rarity how he felt right now, he probably would have chickened out of there by now.

Too late, the train was already there, Spike would have kept thinking about it if the train didn't arrive. Applejack hugged the little dragon and said goodbye afterwards, Rainbow Dash gave Spike a hoofbump, but when everypony was looking elsewhere, she gave Spike a hug too, Pinkie Pie almost killed the little drake by squeezing him to death, but she let him go after she nearly broke two of his ribs and said goodbye, Spike was shaking because Pinkie Pie promised to throw a party when he got back, he didn't even wanted to know how the welcoming would be, Fluttershy gave Spike a small but caring hug, and she begged the little dragon to take care of himself, Twilight already said her part while nopony else was at the train station, so, that left one pony...

Spike got nervous when she became closer to his body, he wanted to run away, he wanted to scream out loud that he loved her, he wanted anything but being there, remaining silent. Suddenly, Rarity spoke:

"Spikey, would you please take care of yourself? You know just how much we worry about you, and we wouldn't want to see our little Spikey-Wikey in a bad state, right?" Said Rarity with honesty, honestly, Spike didn't hear anything because he was focused in Rarity's beauty, and her great personality, Spike knew that this wasn't a silly crush, this was true love, he felt like he could do anything for just a kiss from the beautiful mare, little did he know, that was going to happen in the future...

"Y-y-y-y-yes, Rarity, I-I-I-I'll take good care of myself, don't worry!" Replied Spike with a huge grin on his face.

"Good, now, you should get going, I think your train is going to leave without you if you don't get in." Said Rarity while trying to make Spike aboard the train.

"O-o-o-o-of course, I'll get inside" Said Spike, literally floating towards the train.

When he was inside the wagon, Spike snapped out of his trance, and he saw through the window all of Ponyville, even if this is the window of a train, it had a great view of Ponyville, and behind, his friends were saying goodbye and wishing him good luck, boy, this was going to be a long day.

The train departed from the station, it was slow at first, but it kept on gaining speed, and the sceneries Spike saw in the other side of the window were getting harder to look at, Spike knew that it was best if he just relaxed and go to sleep, and so he did, it was difficult because of all the noises the train had, and all the chattering of the other passengers, and the need of his head for a pillow, but he went to sleep without much effort.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere else, in a place where time and space have no meaning...

"Hmmmmm, it seems that the little chum has departed already." Said a weird creature.

"Yes, I think the ceremony will last until the late afternoon of the same day." Said another creature.

"Do you guys really think this is a good idea?" Replied a third creature.

"No, but we love it because of that!" Replied back the other two creatures.

"Yes, it is a weird thing to do to the poor boy, but somehow I know I will love it!" Said the leader, emerging from another side. "Now, are we clear on what we'll be doing?"

"YES!" Shouted the other creatures.

"Very well, let's have some fun, then." Said the leader grinning.

Author's Note:

Well, I've been thinking about doing something like this, I don't know if this will be finished soon, but it's going to be an exciting adventure to follow! I can assure you that!
Also, I think you've notoced that my writing isn't the best, so, please have some patience with me:fluttercry:
And last: Yes, the tags and the rating could be modified in the future, so, you won't know what's coming!
I hope this fic has positive feedback, that would be great! See you on the next chapter!
-Therandomone95