• Published 11th Dec 2017
  • 1,765 Views, 90 Comments

Whither Must I Wander - thelegendarytoothpaste

  • ...
2
 90
 1,765

Your One Stop Shop For All Things Pant or Slack

Link did not open his eyes again until the next morning. For a moment, he wondered if everything he had experienced was a dream. Sometimes he still wondered if he was going to awaken one day in his home in the Kokiri Village to find that everything he thought had happened was really just a crazy dream.

It stirred in his thoughts. He wasn't sure if he would be glad of that twist or saddened by it. On one hand, it would mean he never actually killed anyone. On the other, however, it would mean that he was still the loser without the fairy that even the Great Deku Tree did not often talk to. Though, to be fair, the Great Deku Tree was not known for socializing.

He knew in the moment that this was real, even if it was a dream. He was experiencing it now, and that was what mattered. Gathering what little strength he possessed, Link sat up a bit and looked around.

He was situated in some kind of foyer, but it was huge. He felt as though he was a fairy, and he wondered if this was how Navi felt when she saw the home of a Kokiri or Hylian for the first time. Link wasn't as small as Navi by comparison to the furnishings of the room, but there was a jug of water near the ginormous couch he was set up on that Link doubted he could lift very easily.

It was strange. The room was of a house that appeared to be well lived in, but also very welcoming. The air was quite pleasant; a far cry from the humidity Link was enduring in the woods. Link felt like he was welcome here, but at the same time he felt quite uncomfortable. Was this perhaps the cottage whose door he knocked on shortly before the attack?

His mind flashed back to his fight and near death, and his eyes widened. His masks! If someone bad got ahold of them.... what if his mysterious benefactor had gotten to them? Speaking of, just who helped him in the first place? He had a dream that multicolor giant horses had been in the room with him, but that was just ridiculous.

Link relaxed slightly when he saw the rucksack full of masks laying at the opposite side of the couch. He flinched a bit when his eye caught the mask of Majora at the top. Though its power was dormant and the evil goddess within slept once more, Link could still feel the hatred and contempt the entity had for him. The only thing protecting him was the lack of a host for Majora to exact revenge with.

Link looked down at his torso. His tunic was gone and his body was heavily bandaged. It looked as though the bandages were fresh, because he saw no blood staining them. He did not bother to look at his mangled leg. He couldn't even feel it and had assumed it was removed. Really it had just fallen asleep. Hey, nobody said Link was smart.

The only thing Link could do right now was concern himself with his well being. His throat was dry and parched. What he would give to be able to reach that jug and drink from it! Instead, however, he was going to have to make do with looking around for a cup of some kind. All while lying on the couch.

Sigh. Perhaps he could call for help? He couldn't very well walk in this condition. Now that he thought about it, raising his voice would do him little good. He was just too thirsty and also talking wasn't something he particularly liked to do. He'd been mistaken for a mute on a few occasions.

Link's eyes rested on the jug of water again and he frowned, attempting to just will a cup into existence. The cup did not come to him, but something else did.

He heard what sounded like the clopping of hooves and humming of a woman echo through the house and his blood ran cold. Instantly he was recalling his dream. It... was a dream, wasn't it?

The humming ceased with a gasp, as did the clopping. In the doorway to another room, Link saw what he thought was a huge pegasus again.

Neither of them said a word at first. Somewhere, off in the distance, a wolf howled. As if responding, the pegasus took in a breath and seemed to smile gently at him.
"Taj lah1."


Dear Princess Celestia,
I hope this letter finds you well, especially with the festival coming up. Are you sure you don't need me to schedule anything for you? I know parking in Manehattan is a nightmare. Well, not a nightmare like your sister was--

Twilight groaned and crumbled up the sheet of paper. Try again. She may have been tough to anger, but Princess Celestia's wrath was something better left unwitnessed. Even Queen Chrysalis shivered under her glare.

Dear Princess Celestia,

I hope this letter finds you well. I know the festival can be a cause for some stress, and my friends and I are sending all our thoughts and well wishes to you. How is Princess Luna doing? Spike misses you both and wants me to bring him along next time I see you. Would that be okay?

I'm not just writing for personal talk, unfortunately. We (my friends and I) found something in the Everfree not too far from Zecora's house. It was being accosted by timberwolves and was nearly killed. We don't really know what it is, but we do know that it is sapient, and not a pony. Or if it is a pony, it's horribly deformed.

Fluttershy, Zecora and I worked on its injuries after we managed to get it away from the timberwolves, and I will include all the information we do have right now about it:
-It is male.
-It has very fine fur on its arms and legs, but none anywhere else but a mane on its head.
-It seems to be youthful, but we do not know the life expectancy and so it could very well be of any age bracket.
-It was clothed.
-It was heavily armed with a sword, a shield, a bow, and a bone knife.
-It carried a large rucksack full of unusual masks.
-It is tiny.

We know very little beyond what I have listed. Fluttershy is watching over it now while it recovers, but we are unsure if it speaks or, if it does, what language it speaks. The odds of it knowing Equish are extremely low, so I humbly request your presense as soon as possible to discuss this creature in better detail. As well, perhaps we can also have some tea and cookies afterwards if you can spare some time.

I look forward to a prompt response, but I request that you send it through any means other than the conventional. Spike is sick right now and I don't want him to have to... you know.
Love, Princess Twilight Sparkle.

P.S Please tell Princess Luna I said thank you for the moon cake recipe. Spike loves them and they knock him out quickly when he can't sleep.
--

Twilight read, re-read, and re-re-read the letter to ensure it was ready to send. She wasn't going to bother Spike with this one. His flu was just too much right now and he needed his rest. Besides, Twilight learned a new spell for this very purpose: it emulated Spike's dragon fire and would send the letter wherever Twilight wanted it to go. If she could do this herself, it would mean one less thing for her number one assistant to have to worry about. Perhaps this would also mean he wouldn't have to regurgitate scrolls soon!

She smiled and shut her eyes. All she had to do was imagine the castle, and she could toss the scroll into the wormhole she'll have opened!

She probably should have kept her eyes open. The thaumatic signature of this new spell was almost identical to a fire spell. Needless to say, Twilight ended up getting her wires crossed and accidentally burned up the scroll.

She blinked. Did that really just happen? Without even realizing it, Twilight began to ready another piece of paper. Sigh.

Dear Princess Celestia...
End of Chapter

Author's Note:

HAAAY YOU GUYS IT'S CAPTAIN APPLE MAN--
1- "Good morning."