• Published 11th Dec 2017
  • 1,758 Views, 90 Comments

Whither Must I Wander - thelegendarytoothpaste

  • ...
2
 90
 1,758

Chapter 6ix

Pinkie was alone in her room. Not even Gummy was with her- he was out doing Gummy things. The others were helping Ponyville prepare for the Summer Sun Celebration. Pinkie just couldn't. She felt too sad.

Why was she sad? It wasn't because the Princesses would not be in Ponyville this year. It wasn't because her latest attempt at the world's best tasting candy failed miserably. It wasn't because she lost her favorite movie (The Timberwolf King).

Pinkie was upset because, given a few more days of nothing from her doozy, she was coming to terms with being wrong. With this failed prediction, Pinkie's accuracy rating with her Pinkie Sense plummeted from 130% to just 128%.

Unacceptable.

Pinkie sighed deeply, and she turned over on her bed. Should she have another muffin? Nah. She already had twelve.
There was a knock on her door.
"Pinkie?" asked a muffled Mrs. Cake. "Your friends are here."

She sighed again. What was the point to greeting them? She just had her whole world turned upside down! Now she couldn't tell up from down anymore! Not that that was anything new. Pinkie just liked doing headstands. It didn't matter what she was thinking, ultimately. Her friends just walked into her room.
"Pinkie?" began Applejack.
"We haven't seen you around town. Are you okay?" asked Twilight.
Pinkie sighed. "I have been doing some thinking girls. I think you're right."
"About what?" asked Rainbow. "How dogs can, in fact, look up?"
"No," sighed Pinkie. "And they can't. Winona is just trying to trick you. It's my Pinkie Sense. I think you girls were right this time and I was wrong."

Her friends blinked collectively at her.
"I've never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever made a bad prediction before. This is new to me."

Her friends were all silent for a moment, before Twilight took a few steps forward with a smile. "Pinkie, it's okay to be wrong from time to time. Everypony makes mistakes. It doesn't mean anything is wrong with you."
Pinkie shook her head. "It's different when you have the Pinkie Sense and are wrong. It violates the first Law of Pink."
"Law of Pink?" Applejack echoed.
"Pinkie Pie is right because she is pink, and right is pink and pink is pink," responded both Twilight and Pinkie Pie. The others looked at Twilight in bewilderment save for Pinkie, who eyed her with a bit of a smile.
Twilight shrunk back a bit under their gaze. "I read all the books in the library, hers included."

She cleared her throat, and continued. "The point is, it's okay to be wrong from time to time Pinkie. We still love you, even if your Pinkie Sense is not always right."

A sound that equated to a parachute being deployed echoed through Pinkie's enormously saccharine room. Her mane had returned to its normal state of perpetual chaos, and she engulfed each of her friends in a bear hug that only she was capable of.
"You girls are the best! The bestie bestie bestie best!"
She smiled at Twilight, who was turning a bit blue from lack of oxygen.
"And I don't need my Pinkie Sense to tell me that."
End of Chapter

Author's Note:

Glad to hear people are enjoying.
Now if you'll excuse me, my dog really wants to go outside.
This is especially troubling because I do not have a dog.