• Published 11th Dec 2017
  • 1,758 Views, 90 Comments

Whither Must I Wander - thelegendarytoothpaste

  • ...
2
 90
 1,758

Twelbe

Zecora and Fluttershy worked on it throughout the night, but there was only so much to be done with a creature that they knew so little about.

The wound on his leg was critical and they were forced to consider amputation for a while. It was an idea neither of them favored. Zecora refused to use any of her brews on him for fear of causing further complications. This was an alien creature they were confident in labeling as not native to Equestria. Who knew what would happen if they used her solves?

It wasn't until Twilight Sparkle ran a magic scan on his body that they were able to do much else other than make him comfortable.

Her magic scan may have saved his life. The thaumatic energy signature over his body was slightly weaker than the magic energy of Equestria, but it was still strong enough to permit the use of magical remedies without worrying about complications. Twilight would end up assisting the two by using a transmutation spell to turn Zecora's brews into magical treatments for the boy.

And yes. Upon removing his clothes to check for further wounds, it was quite apparent that he was male.

The first thing they worked on was his leg, which required thorough cleaning before an additional regenerative spell for the lost tissue. Twilight's magic would not heal the boy completely, but it would at the very least help the tissue over his femoral artery to recover. He would be left with a limp and a terrible scar on his leg for the rest of his life, but that was still his most threatening injury taken care of. For good measure they heavily bandaged it up.

"He's nearly all in, the poor little colt. Why was he not accompanied by an adult?" asked Zecora.
"We don't know," answered Twilight. "Fluttershy's bunny led us to him."
She sent a small smile to Fluttershy. "You have a regular Lassie, Fluttershy."
"That show certainly rings a bell. Had he only been stuck inside a well."
Twilight's smile faded. "If only. This would be simpler then. Let's move on to the next wound, shall we?"
Fluttershy nodded. "Let's!"
She found her hoof tracing along a faded scar on one side of his mane line. Another scar on one side of his neck stood out too. Were those teeth marks?
She let out a quiet "Eep!" and felt the fangs in her mouth. She wasn't a vampony, she swore. They were just canine teeth!
"Let's," she repeated softly.


The first thing Link noted when he came to again was a pounding headache and a great thirst. Strange, that shouldn't happen if you're dead. Wasn't it supposed to be perpetual peace or damnation?
Oh.

He felt anger rising up within him. He had fought for and saved Hyrule and Termina from terrible fates. Was that not enough to grant him his rest in paradise?

The next thing he noticed was the chattering of several voices nearby. All female, from what he could tell. None of them were speaking a lick of Hylian, however. He couldn't make a word out, but he had a good feeling they were talking about him. Call him vain.


They were glad that he was alive. It wasn't certain if he would make it through the night at first. If he did, his odds were good. As it stood, he survived the night. The alien creature certainly had a lot of fight in him.

Now the question remained what to do with him, and whether he could be trusted. They didn't even know for certain his age, let alone what an adult of his species was considered. For all they knew he was an elder.

Fluttershy was at his defense whenever something about him was questioned. Angel had told her after they returned from the Everfree that the creature was hunting for food and nearly hunted him, but spared him. It was as if the creature simply mistook the bunny for something else.

Additionally, Angel insisted that he did some sort of trick to blind the timberwolves temporarily and allowed for his escape. As far as Fluttershy was concerned, the alien had proven himself to be benevolent. As far as Angel was concerned, he owed his near hunter a priceless gift. It was purely for saving him from the timberwolves, mind you. He definitely wasn't afraid of the alien and questioning what possessed him to get the others to aid him.
It absolutely wasn't that.

Okay, it was a little of that.

Also as far as Fluttershy was concerned, Angel was still grounded for five weeks, but that's neither here nor there. The bottom line was, nothing would be done until it was established what he was doing there.

Applejack, being the Element of Honesty, could tell when somepony was lying, though she claimed that it was not magic but simple observation that allowed her to do that. An eye for liars ran in the Apple family. So, the simple fix would be to talk with the creature and figure out what it was doing there.

The question was if he could even speak. If he could, who was to say he knew Equish? As much as they hated to admit it, Fluttershy had a point: right now all they could do was hurry up and wait until he opened his eyes.

Needless to say, Rainbow Dash was not thrilled.

"This stinks. We have a real live alien lying here in your cottage, and we have to sit around waiting for it to wake up. Can't it open its eyes any faster?"
Fluttershy shook her head patiently. "You saw his injuries, Rainbow. We need to give his body and mind some time to heal. He will not wake up until he is ready."
Rainbow sagged. "Hmph. Yeah, I guess I shouldn't blame it for what the timberwolves did. Stupid creatures."
"He, Rainbow Dash."
She raised an eyebrow. "I don't think it particularly cares right now if I use its preferred pronoun."
Fluttershy smiled, which Dash returned.
"Regardless, she is right Rainbow. This creature is male and you would do well to begin referring to him as such."
Twilight took a few steps towards her. "After all, you wouldn't want to embarrass yourself in front of an alien, would you?" she winked.
"It's a legal alien!" chirped Pinkie. "And I betcha it doesn't even speak Spanish!"

Though she didn't mention it to her friends, Pinkie had been beset upon by her Pinkie Sense once more. It was no doozy this time. Rather, it was adamant that there was somepony who needed a hug from her. She had a good feeling it was the alien, but it had been triggered by several others in passing as well. Maybe it was just time to give everypony a hug?
Behind the pink ball of fluff, the creature began to stir. Everypony sans Pinkie gasped when they saw it moving one of its hands towards its forehead.

Pinkie, impossibly quickly, darted over to his bedside, looming directly over him. She wanted to be the first pink he saw since he woke up! There was no way this could possibly go wrong.


Link's first real glimpse of the ponies left something to be desired.

When he finally managed to open his eyes again, his view was obstructed by roughly 90% pink. The other 10% were big blue eyes.
Big.

Everything about the pink one was big. She was plump, sure, but huge in comparison to Link! He would have to look up to her even when he was full grown.

Also, having your vision obstructed by a pretty plump pink pony that had no regard for personal space after recovering from a comatose state was not the best way to wake up. Link instinctively drew back into the bedding, earning low protests of pain from his body.

He heard the female voices again, as well as clopping on a hardwood floor, and looked to the source.

There were five more of them. Five more ginormous equine like creatures. Two resembling unicorns, and two resembling pegasi from what he could tell. One more did not have wings or a horn, but it was wearing a hat that reminded him a lot of Malon. He missed Malon.

They began to pull the pink personal space invader away from him, but the damage was done. His eyes rolled back in his head and he fainted again.


"Oh, come on!" complained Rainbow Dash.
"Pinkie Pie, what were you thinking? I would react the same way if you did that to me!" said Rarity.
Pinkie frowned a little. "I didn't mean to scare him. I just wanted to make sure he was okay."
Her grin quickly returned. "Also, remember my doozy from a few weeks ago?"
The others were silent for a few moments, and their eyes widened. They looked over at the once more unconscious alien, and then back at a very smug looking Pinkie Pie.
"Told ya so!"
End of Chapter

Author's Note:

I don't see what the big deal is. Just push his eye and rub his belly, and eventually he'll just reset.

Wait, that's Steve Jobs. Yeah, Link is screwed.