• Published 1st Dec 2017
  • 1,831 Views, 75 Comments

Dashin' All The Way! - sonicfan05



Rainbow Dash promised her stepdaughter, Scootaloo to get her a Zapp action figure for Hearth's Warming. However, the toy is sold out at every single store, resorting her to travel all over Equestria to find one.

  • ...
7
 75
 1,831

Trouble at the Radio Station!

Lightning Dust was flying through Canterlot as fast as her wings can go, while many ponies were trotting along the streets with non the wiser. As she flew halfway across the city, Lightning was confident that her rival was dealt with and that she’ll get to the radio station first to win her prize. While she was not good with word questions as much as Rainbow, it didn’t take a genius to know the answer to the question about the original founders of Equestria. Lightning smirked at the idea of finally getting that toy and then boasted in front of Rainbow Dash’s miserable face.

As she so deep into her daydream, she failed to notice a certain cyan and rainbow maned pegasus, slowly flew up next to her. By the time Lightning finally noticed, Rainbow was partly in front of her. Lightning tried to flap her wings harder to gain more speed, but it was all in vain as Rainbow was now in front of her easily.

“I guess you didn’t trained as much as you thought!” Rainbow taunted with a smirk. “Unlike you, I trained everyday! As a Wonderbolt, I have to keep in shape!”

Lighting growled angrily as Rainbow sped off with a laugh. She wasn’t going to let the dream stealer win like that, so she decided to play dirty. With an ounce of her strength, Lighting pushed herself forward until she was right next to Rainbow. Just as Lighting was about to ram her to the side, Rainbow stopped at the last minute and Lighting missed her completely.

“Not this time!”

With Lighting a bit disorientated from her failed sneak attack, gave Rainbow the chance to strike back by round kicking Lighting to the side, which launched Lighting towards the ground. Lighting was shot down like a bullet, unable to stop herself until she crashed into a food cart belonged to a certain vendor who was now screaming out in despair.

MY CABBAGES!

Lighting slowly lifted her head through a pile of ruined green veggies with a groan before she passed out face first into one of the cabbages.

“That’s for what you did to me at restaurant you slime!” Rainbow shouted.

With that, she flew away from the scene and zoomed towards her destination. A few minutes later, she spotted a tall white building with a huge antenna tower on top. There was also a sign on the front of the building that said ‘Canterlot Radio Station’ in red letters. With a smirk, Rainbow quickly entered the building, past the front desk and then went up the stairs to locate the recording room.


The recording room was a typical small room filled with various different records, small cassette tapes and CDs, which were stored on the shelves either used for the show or collecting dust. There were also a few microphones with condensers over them and a control booth that runs the whole system. There was even a electronic sign with red letters glowing that said “ON AIR.”

There were currently two ponies using the studio room. The first was a gray earth pony mare with a very long dark gray mane and tail, violet eyes, white collar with a pink bow tie and a violet treble clef as her cutie mark. Octavia was sitting by the controls next to her partner and marefriend with a semi-worried look on her face. Lately, they didn’t get a lot of listeners for their radio show and they were pretty close to cancellation, until her partner decided to use the latest scheme to attract more listeners. What worried the gray mare wasn’t the threat of their show cancellation, it was her marefriend’s idea itself is what worried her.

Speaking of her marefriend, the second mare was a white unicorn with neon-blue mane and tail, purple shades over her eyes and a mirrored two bridged eighth notes as her cutie mark. She is the main host of their radio show and she usually tried to entertain their listeners before switching to the next song. Usually, she would invite many different famous celebrities for interviews to get more ponies to tune in to their station, however many decline because they did not want to waste their time with some small studio. So Vinyl Scratch, also known as DJ Pon-3, decided to try to do a Hearth’s Warming contest with a certain action figure as the winning prize in hopes to get more listeners.

So far, it worked.

Vinyl was currently speaking to the fifty-third pony, who contacted her with the voice crystal.

“Hey there caller, you’re on the air!” said Vinyl with a grin. “Do you have the answer?”

The pony from the crystal replied with a nervous trembling voice.

“Um… is it… Tara, Ashleigh, Andrea… Tabitha?”

Vinyl pressed the button, which activated a loud buzzer effect. “Oooooooooh! Way off dude! Sorry! But cheer up, maybe our next Hearth’s Warming song will bring your mood back up again.”

Vinyl pressed another button, which turned on this pleasant holiday tune. Once the ‘ON AIR’ light was turned off, Octavia sighed as Vinyl removed her headphones.

“Vinyl, are you sure that this ‘contest’ is such a good idea?” said Octavia with a frown.

“Absolutely Tavi!” Vinyl assured with a huge grin. “Thanks to that, more ponies are tuning in to our station, and the number of listeners are still going up! This is the break we needed!”

While Octavia admired her marefriend being so positive, it still did not ease any of her worries in the slightest.

“While I’m glad that we’re finally getting attention, but I couldn’t help but think that something is about to go terribly wrong, especially with that certain ’prize’ that you’ve promised to give away.”

Vinyl waved her marefriend’s worries away with her hoof. “Ah, don’t be a worrywart Tavi! Not many ponies remembered the names quite easily these days. Even if they did figure it out, I already got a back-up plan. Nothing can go wrong!”

Suddenly, a blue blur flew up from the door, which led to the stairs and then stopped right in front of their studio door window. Rainbow Dash pressed her face against the window as she started repeatedly knocking it with her hoof.

“HEY, YOU THERE!” Rainbow shouted.

Both ponies within the studio jumped. “What in the—”

“LET ME IN!” Rainbow screamed, as she knocked harder. “I KNOW THE ANSWER! I GOT THE ANSWER! OPEN UP!”

Rainbow continued to knock their glass window relentlessly, scaring the two ponies. Octavia quickly ducked underneath the desk from the mad mare and then pressed the small red button, whimpering the whole way.

“Vinyl, do something!” Octavia cried hysterically, as her body shook in fright.

Vinyl, for her part, tried to remain calm as she tried to talk with their crazy intruder.

“Hey hey hey! Calm down! Listen, I know you’re probably excited to meet awesome ponies like us, but you are not suppose to be in—”

Rainbow never listened to her as she flew away from their studio to the other side of the hallway. She then quickly turned around and dashed towards them at high speed, breaking through their glass door in the process.

Octavia screamed and began to sob while Vinyl backed away as far as she can to the wall. That was all in vain as Rainbow flew up to Vinyl’s and grabbed the DJ by the shoulders.

“ChancellorPuddingheadSmartCookiePrincessPlatinumClovertheCleverCommandeHurricaneandPrivatePansy!” Rainbow said quickly all in one breath.

“W-w-what?” Vinyl stammered.

“I said Chancellor Puddinghead, Smart Cookie, Princess Platinum, Clover the Clever, Commander Hurricane, and Private Pansy!” Rainbow repeated slowly that time before flashing her excited grin. “Did I win?”

“Well I—”

“YES!” Rainbow cheered loudly. “I got it! I GOT IT!” Rainbow then proceed to do her victory dance while hovering in the air. “I’m awesome! I’m so awesome! Yeah, yeah!”

Just then, Lightning Dust barged right into their studio with a few cabbage leaves hanging off her hat and mane. Rainbow noticed Lighting and she pointed at her rival with her triumphant smirk.

“HA! You’re too slow Dust!” Rainbow gloated. “I already told them the answer and I won!”

Lightning’s eyes narrowed. “Not unless I do… this!

Lightning suddenly whipped out a wrapped red package in a shape of a square from her mailbag and thrust it in front of Rainbow.

Rainbow stared at the package strangely. “Um… what the heck is that supposed to be?”

“That… my friend… is a magical surge exploding device!” said Lightning in a very low voice.

Rainbow eyes widened. “Wait! You don’t mean—”

“Yes Rainbow Dash!” Lightning seethed. “This… is a bomb!

“Oh sweet Celestia, no!” Octavia wailed.

“Now everypony on the floor, now!” Lightning roared.

Vinyl did as she was told and sat with Octavia, wrapping her hooves around her marefriend in a comforting hug. Rainbow on the other hoof, remained standing with a look of disbelief.

“You actually built a bomb?!” Rainbow screeched.

“No, of course I didn’t!” Lightning spat.

“Then how?” Rainbow demanded.

Lightning scoffed. “Haven’t you heard? It’s all over the news! Don’t you know how many of these things were sent to our post office everyday?... Hundreds! Normally, we checked and defused them, but I kept it on me just in case if things don’t go my way!”

“Dust, are you insane!?” Rainbow exclaimed. “Don’t do this!”

“No! I told you Dash! I will get this doll no matter what, even if I had to use this! Now hand that toy over to me right now or else I’ll blow this place up to kingdom come!”

“Lightning… please!” Rainbow pleaded. “Let’s talk about this!”

“Oh so now you want to talk!” Lightning shot back angrily. “After I tried to make an offer to work with me! Well forget it! You are my enemy and always will be! It’s your fault that my life went downhill! Delivering mail while dealing with ponies who mocked me, dealing with all sorts of crappy weather, and dealing with untrained dogs who kept biting my legs and my wings like a giant chew toy!”

Vinyl quietly snickered from the background, which unfortunately caught Lightning’s attention.

“HEY! Are you laughing at me?” Lightning yelled accusingly at the DJ.

Realizing her mistake, Vinyl rapidly shook her head. “Oh no no! I’m not laughing! I—I sneezed! I have a slight cold!”

Lighting glared at the unicorn for a moment before she set her eyes on the gray earth pony.

“And what about you little Miss Stuck-Up pony! I bet you’re one of those ponies who allowed your dogs to chase after me to my expense!”

Octavia quivered in fear. “N-NO! I would never! I’m a cat pony, I swear!”

“Yeah I can attest to that!”

“SHUT UP VINYL!”

Lightning’s hardened her glare. “Oooooh so you rather sent a cat after me, is that it?”

“No! That’s not what I meant!” Octavia cried, now acting much more hysterical.

“Yeah right!” Lightning sneered. “You ponies are all the same! Now unless you want to remain intact, I suggest you—”

While Lightning set her eyes on the two musicians, Rainbow used this opportunity to tackle Lightning to the ground. Unfortunately, the package flew out of Lightning’s hooves and was spinning in the air.

“TAKE COVER!” Vinyl screamed.

As the package was halfway down, everypony but Rainbow were on the ground and then covered their heads.

Time seemed to slow down for Rainbow as she watched the package getting closer and closer to the ground. Her life flashed across her eyes from the day she was born until this very moment. The biggest highlight of her flashes was her time with her parents, her best friends and her beloved wife and her daughter. She briefly wondered what will happen if she was gone. How would this affect her friends? What will become of her family? Would Twilight be heartbroken forever after she was gone? Would Scootaloo blame herself and never smile again for good when her second mother departed from this world? Is this truly the end?

Rainbow shook her head. NO! I WILL NOT END LIKE THIS!

Within a fracture of a second, Rainbow leaped towards the package in attempt to catch it. The package was almost on the floor as Rainbow hoof was within reach. Her heartbeat quickened as the package barley touched the floor. Her eyes shut tight as she realized she would not catch the package in time, despite her super speed.

Twilight… Scoots… forgive me.

And the box landed.

Rainbow tensed up as she landed on the floor, expected to be blown to bits, but instead she heard this very soft music. Everypony looked up in relief and confusion while Lightning gulped nervously.

Rainbow slowly opened her eyes and cautiously checked out the box. The music was coming from that package. Rainbow gently brought the box over to her and then carefully ripped off the wrapping paper. Once the paper was removed, it revealed to be a small wooden box. She open that box and it turned out to be a music box. Rainbow looked up to Lightning Dust with a nasty glare once she realized that she was duped.

Lightning laughed uneasily. “Uh… hehehehe. Listen… I was having an emotional moment and—”

Rainbow screamed out in anger and rushed flew up to Lightning, shoving the mail mare against the wall. Rainbow pressed her muzzle against Lightning’s with a snarl.

“YOU… do you have any idea what went through my mind because of your stunt?”

“I—I just wanted that toy!” Lightning squeaked.

“YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME TO YOU!?” Rainbow spatted. “I’LL DESTROY YOU!”

“PLEASE! Give me mercy!” Lightning pleaded as Rainbow brought her hoof back.

“That’s coming from a mare who just threaten to—”

“STOP!”

Both pegasus mares turned to Octavia who was giving them her look of disbelief and anger.

“Is this what this is all about?” she exclaimed. “You two barged into our studio… all for some stupid Zapp doll?”

“Action figure.”

“NOT NOW VINYL!”

“Yeah, your partner said whoever answered the question correctly, will win the Zapp doll!” Rainbow explained.

“Yeah, we both heard it!” Lightning added.

“Oh no no no! That is not what I said!” Vinyl spoke up as she stood on her hooves and trotted over to the two pegasus mares. “I said whoever answered the question correctly will get the doll eventually!” Vinyl then coughed and rubbed her neck in a sheepishly. “We uh… don’t even have the doll.”

“WHAT!?” Both Rainbow and Lightning exclaimed angrily.

“What do you mean you, ‘don’t have the doll!’” Rainbow demanded.

“I mean, We. Don’t. Have. It!” said Vinyl. “All we have is a gift certificate.”

“A gift certificate?” Lightning cried in anger. “You mean all we’re getting is that stupid gift certificate!? What good does that do?”

Rainbow’s eye narrowed. “Yeah, when will we get the toy with that piece of paper?”

Vinyl gulped and sweated nervously as the two mares glared daggers at her. “Um… as soon as it’s… available?”

Both the pegasus mares growled angrily as they advanced towards the trembling DJ.

“W-wait! H-how about free tickets to see an ice show at Vanhoover? Would that be a better prize?” Vinyl suggested desperately as the two pegasus mares were ready to pounce her.

Suddenly, they heard loud sirens coming from outside. The two realized that somepony alerted them to the police without their knowing. Lightning set her eyes at Octavia near the desk and she finally noticed the red button that was hidden under the desk.

“You! You called the cops!” Lighting shouted in rage.

“Please don’t hurt me!” Octavia begged as she hid under the desk again.

Lightning was about to go after the gray mare but Rainbow stopped her by grabbing her shoulder.

“Forget her Dust, let’s just get out of here!” she cried.

“…okay!” Lightning said with a nod. As Rainbow turned towards the door, Lightning cried, “BUT I’M GOING FIRST!”

Lightning swung her mailbag and contacted Rainbow’s head, which knocked her to the shelf filled with cassette tapes.

“Hey! That’s my tapes!” Vinyl exclaimed.

As Octavia went over to her marefriend, Rainbow quickly got up and flew out the studio, just in time to see Lightning by door, which lead to the stairs.

“So long sucker!” Lightning taunted as she opened the door. However, she never made it far when the door revealed one of the police ponies that held up a stun gun in front of her.

“FREEZE!” he shouted.

Lightning gasped and tried to back away, but only met with another police pony that came out from another door with his stun gun. Then the evaluator doors opened and more police ponies arrived with their guns pointing at her. Realizing that she was trapped, Lightning raised her hooves up in the air.

During the commotion, Rainbow flew away from the scene and went down the hallway until she found another door to the stairs.

“Hehe. Look’s like I got the last laugh!” Rainbow laughed with a cocky smile. She then opened the door and her smile was immediately wiped away when she saw the last pony she wanted to meet with a gun in his hooves.

“Going somewhere?” Officer Warrant asked bluntly.

Aw… crud! She groaned in her mind.

“Now… I want you to slowly back away and keep going until we meet up with my team,” he ordered with his weapon aimed at her. “Move it!”

Rainbow obeyed as she walked backwards to where she came. They eventually made it back to the main hallway as Lightning tried to ease the tension with the other officers.

“Alright now easy folks!” she said gently as she slowly dug her hoof into her bag. “Let’s not get so hasty! It’s supposed to be the season of love and friendship! All I was doing is delivering this lovely… holiday… PACKAGE!”

Lightning whipped up another wrapped package. This time, it was in pink wrapping paper with blue and yellow balloons all over it. Many police ponies were now thrusting their pistols closer to her.

“Stay back! All of you!” she threatened. “What I have here is a homemade magical explosive device!” This made some of the officers more on edge while others including Officer Warrant were skeptical from her threat. “I’m not kidding! I will blow this up because I’ve been working for the delivery system for years and now I’m all messed up the head!”

She then turned her head towards Rainbow. “Tell ‘em Dash!”

Rainbow was in a tight spot as everypony was staring at her. She knew that Lighting was bluffing again and probably wanted her help to make her threat more believable. But if she goes along with this, then she’ll get even more trouble then she ever was in the long run. On the other hoof, if she told them that Lighting was full of hot air, she will end up going to jail for disrupting the radio station and the warehouse incident from earlier. And if that happens, she won’t get to spend her Hearth’s Warming with her family.

With a reluctant sigh, Rainbow made her choice.

“That mare… is a complete psychopath.

Lighting pointed at Rainbow with her other hoof. “See! See! She knows what I’m capable of! Now put all your weapons down! NOW!”

Seeing that they don’t have much choice, all the officers placed their weapons down on the floor except for Warrant, who kept his gun on Rainbow.

Lightning narrowed her eyes at Officer Warrant. “You too tough guy!”

Officer Warrant glared at Lightning for a moment and then he placed his own weapon down with a frustrated grunt.

Seeing this chance, Rainbow flew away down the hall at high speed before she disappeared through the door and down the stairs. Lightning meanwhile placed the package down and she slowly backed away towards the stairs behind her.

“Now if you all excuse me, I’m taking my exit. Smell ya later!” After she gave them her ‘I’m watching you’ gesture with her hoof, she quickly went into the stair room and slammed the door behind her.

Once the two mares disappeared, Officer Warrant trotted forward towards the package that Lighting left behind.

“Chief, I wouldn’t touch that!” one of the officers said nervously.

Officer Warrant scoffed. “Relax Rookie, I used to be in a bomb squad before I became the chief of police!”

Officer Warrant picked up the package and gently shook the box. When he didn’t hear anything suspicious, Offer Warrant then unwrapped the package and then opened the box. There was no bomb or anything threating from within the box. Instead, there was a small round pink cake with one yellow and two blue balloons at the center of the surface the cake. There was even a line of think fluffy white whipped cream surrounding the outer circle of the cake.

Warrant sighed as he looked up towards the other officers with a semi-amused look. “It’s alright everypony, it’s a fake!” he assured as he lightly shook the box. “They deceived us!”

They all sighed in relief.

Officer Warrant looked into the box again as he eyed the pink cake hungrily. “Mmmmm. The cake looks good though.”

Figuring that it wouldn’t hurt, Officer Warrant decided to touch the icing so he can taste the sample.


Oh man, that was CLOSE! Rainbow thought as she flew out of the back door of the radio station. Now I gotta get out of Canterlot before they—

All the sudden, she heard a loud explosion and the sound of many broken glass.

Rainbow stopped cold in her tracks and felt her fur stick up from her neck. She thought for sure that second package Lighting used was also a fake. Was that turned out to be a real bomb? Fearing for the worse, Rainbow slowly turned around towards the radio station and her eyes widen in disbelief. All the windows on the top floor were all destroyed. But what really caught her attention was all the substance that was leaking out of the windows.

It was a mixture of a giant pink cake icing and chocolate filling.

It was on the sides of the building and some were on the ground. The whole block now smelled like something that was baked from a bakery, despite that there wasn’t a bakery in site from this part of town. Many nearby ponies were now gathering around the studio to see an unusual site. As she continued to stare at the cake infested building, Rainbow only uttered three words.

“…what the hay?”


Meanwhile, from the front entrance of the radio station, Lightning got out just in time to see the building exploded with cake fillings and icing.

She blinked. “That was… an actual bomb… made of cake?

She stood there in stupor for a moment before she slowly turned away and quickly flew down the street.

“Okay… I’ve seen weird things in my life, but this one really takes the cake!”


The top floor of the radio station was now completely covered in pink and brown. The whole entire floor smelled like chocolate and berries. The officers were covered in frosting and fillings (which they admitted that it tasted pretty good) and felt a little sticky due to the chocolate. But the one who was most affected by all of this was Officer Warrant was completely covered in thick amount of chocolate and pink frosting. Warrant’s eyes were the only thing that was visible through all the cake batter. With those eyes, anypony would think that he is some sort of cake monster from a B-rated horror movie.

One of the officers trotted up to Warrant and cleared his throat awkwardly.

“Um… have you ever had to deal with a bomb that involves cake?

Officer Warrant simply glared at him.


No, no, no, no. Ugh, who’s bright idea to use that decoration?

Spoiled was trotting around the hallway as she was silently taking notes of all the decorations all around her from within the hallway. After she ‘politely’ asked Princess Twilight for the tenth time if she could help out by straighten up the castle for their upcoming Hearth’s Warming party for the town, the princess finally agreed with much of her reluctance to let Spoiled be in charge of the job. Of course, in Spoiled’s mind, straightening was her fancy word for remodeling the castle completely with by taking down all the unsuited decorations and then replace them with much more suitable décor for the party.

She was sure that the princess will thank her later.

As she continued to walk down further, she suddenly heard voices coming from the other side of hallway, and they were coming to her direction. Not wanting anypony to foil her plans, she quickly opened one of many doors from the hallway and then stepped inside it. Once she closed the doors behind her, she realized she was inside of a closet, judging with the amount of household supplies all around her including a mop which covering her head. She muttered her rotten luck that she was in this predicament but she had no choice but to endure it until these ponies past by.

The voices were getting closer now and Spoiled firmly shut her mouth and covered her nose to keep herself silent. As they were closer, Spolied instantly recognized these voices, which belonged to the Princess’s former student and that pet lizard thing. She listened as they were having their own conversation.

“I’m worried for her Spike,” said the feminine voice, which belong Starlight Glimmer. “I get that her Princess duties are really tough, especially on Hearth’s Warming, but Spoiled is obviously taking advantage of her. She’s just too nice to give that rich snob the boot!”

Spoiled nearly growled from the insult.

“Not to mention, Rainbow Dash went behind her back just to find that Zapp doll on Hearth’s Warming Eve.”

“Action figure,” A young male voice corrected.

“That’s not the point Spike!” Starlight countered loudy before she spoke again in her hushed voice. “If Twilight finds out that Rainbow forgot to get Scootaloo that Zapp ‘action figure’ because she was too busy with her job, then things are going to get worse for the both of them!”

As Spoiled’s eyebrows rose with interest, she heard that lizard thing spoke up with his assuring voice.

“Listen Starlight, while Rainbow Dash isn’t perfect, but at least she was trying to go out of her way to get that toy. She would never let anypony down.”

Spoiled heard Starlight sighed softly as they unknowingly trotted past Spoiled at this point. “Well even so… Rainbow still screwed up. And we should try not to let Twilight or Scootaloo know about this for the time being… for her sake.”

They continued to talk some more until their voices faded away from out of hearing range. However, Spoiled’s mind was elsewhere after she got the latest dirt from that loudmouth rainbow-maned pegasus. Rainbow Dash has been a thorn on Spoiled side, with Rainbow’s constant speech about being loyal to her friends and family. To think that not only this brash mare lied to her wife, but she also didn’t get her so-call ‘daughter’ a Hearth’s Warming present. Spoiled smirked deviously as she was coming up with a scheme to not only finally put that mare to her place, but to also get herself further for her long-awaited goal.

It seems that I’ll get my Hearth’s Warming ‘present’ early this year! She chuckled darkly.


After she witnessed the cake explosion at the Canterlot Radio Station, Rainbow Dash fled out of town and flew all the way back to Ponyville. At this point, there was no way she could get the toy now and her family is going to be really upset with her when they found out she didn’t have it. She spent her whole flight trying to come up with a way to tell her wife the truth that she lied to her. By the time she arrived and landed right at Town Square, she wasn’t able to come up with anything. Many ponies waved at her and said their holiday greetings but Rainbow paid them no mind as she slowly trotted along the road with her gloomy expression.

“Hey Twilight,” she mumbled to herself. “You remember that I said that I got the toy? Well… I lied.” She shook her head. “No, that won’t do.”

Rainbow began to rehearse again, but decided to act enthusiasm to her performance. “Twilight… babe! Listen… that toy you told me to get? Turns out… I didn’t get it.” Rainbow frowned and shook her head again. “No! That sounded way worse!”

Rainbow tried again, but decided to be more blunt. “Hey Twilight… I lied.”

Rainbow growled out in frustration and smacked her face with her hoof. “UGH! How am I going to tell my wife that I didn’t get the toy for Scootaloo for Hearth’s Warming?”

“Well, you can start by sitting her down and say that you’re sorry.”

“Yeah, I guess that’ll be a good star—”

Rainbow yelped and quickly looked behind her to see Pinkie Pie, who was standing there with a giggle.

“PINKIE? Where did you come from?” Rainbow exclaimed.

Pinkie grinned. “Weeeeellllll, if you really wanted to know. On the night of National Rock Day, my mommy and daddy really love each other a lot at that time! So they started making out on top of their bed and then they—”

“NOT THAT!” Rainbow screamed, mentally trying to block out any images of Pinkie’s parents physical activities. “I meant how did you get behind me?

“Oh, why didn’t you say so?” Pinkie said with a giggle. “I was walking by to pick up another batch of cookies to drop off for the parade and then I saw you muttering to yourself. So here I am!”

Rainbow sighed heavily for making herself look like a fool again. Then, something Pinkie said made her realize something very important.

“Wait, where’s Twilight?” Rainbow asked.

“Oh she’s… probably inside the castle… talking to Spoiled,” Pinkie replied with some hesitation.

Rainbow groaned. “Pinkie! I asked you to keep her away from my wife!”

Pinkie frowned. “I’m sorry Dashie, but she kept on coming back and stuck with Twilight like a chocolate stain you can’t get rid of… not that I have a problem with chocolate stains. Besides, I was too distracted by many things I have to do today! Baking desserts, preparing for the parade, wrapping presents, write Hearth’s Warming cards and sending my complaint letter to the delivery service.”

Rainbow blinked. “Wait… you wrote a complaint letter? What in Equestria were you complaining about to the delivery service?”

Pinkie huffed with irritation. “Well I ordered this special package so I can then send it to Cheese Sandwich for our three year anniversary of us being best friends as a fun prank! The package is supposed to arrive today, but it never came! Can you believe it?”

Rainbow felt a chill go down in her spine. “Does… this particular package happen to be some kind of a delicious looking cake, but really it’s a harmless cake bomb that explodes frosting and fillings?”

“Yeah, how’d you know?”

“…lucky guess.”

Rainbow quickly changed the subject. “So what about Scootaloo? How is she?”

Pinkie answered with her somber voice. “Well… Scoots spent the last few hours in her room acting all mopey-wopey. I don’t what’s up, but I think something must have make her very upset.”

“…I see.”

Rainbow sighed out of regret as she mentally kicked herself for upsetting Scootaloo from earlier today. Knowing that Scootaloo was in the dumps for so long made her feel even worse than she was before. She really needs to go talk to her daughter and fix this mess with or without that toy.

“I should probably go in and check up on my family. I’ll see you later Pinks.”

As Rainbow was heading back to the castle, Pinkie mood became perky again and waved after her friend.

“Okay, see you at the parade Dashie!”


Rainbow had a strong sense of déjà vu as she stood in front of the castle entrance again with dread. Rainbow knew that her daughter is still most likely upset and angry at her and probably don’t even want to speak to her, but Rainbow will have to try. She doubted that any promises she’ll make or a Hearth’s Warming present offer won’t help her this time. Not to mention, she will have to fess up to Twilight about the lie she told her the night before.

With a sullen sigh, Rainbow quietly opened the door. When she did, her eyes widened at the state of her home.

“W-what the—”

All of their Hearth’s Warming decorations and furnitures in the main foyer of the castle were gone. Instead, they were all replaced with much more fancier decor. The purple rugs were replaced with gold rugs as well as golden wreath garlands around the columns. All the silver Hearth’s Warming wreaths were in place of the original green ones, the lights were just plain yellows instead of multi colors, and bells were replace with clear crystals. But the most devastating change was all the family photos and holiday arts and ornaments that were made by Scootaloo were gone. Instead, many photos of the princesses and royal celebrities and mini glass princess models were in place.

Rainbow spotted one of many ponies in a maid outfit that was in a process of replacing the decorations near the hallway.

“Hey!” Rainbow shouted angrily which caused the maid and everypony else to jump in freight. “What are you all doing to our castle?”

“W-we were ordered to redecorate the castle to make the castle more presentable for the Hearth’s Warming party tonight,” one of the maids explained in a shaky tone.

Rainbow’s eyes narrowed. “And who made that order?”

“I-it was M-Mrs. Spoiled Rich!” the maid answered.

Rainbow growled at the mention of that insufferable mare. Somehow, she wasn’t surprised that her house remodeling was Spoiled’s doing. The fact that she had the gall to waltz right into their home and took their holiday decorations down and the replaced them with her own like she owns the place.

“Where is she?” Rainbow snarled.

“S-she down the hall!” replied the terrified maid.

Rainbow glared at the maid for a moment until she turned away from the maid.

“I want all of you to stop doing what your doing and put our original decorations back up!” Rainbow ordered as she was heading down the hall. “I’m going to talk to your boss!”

Rainbow hurried down the hallway of the castle, until she arrived at the second foyer; just in time to see Spoiled barking ordered to one of the pegasus maids. What she saw then, nearly made her see red.

“Hurry up!” Spoiled ordered. “Put that star on top of that tree!”

Rainbow growled much more ferociously. Not only did they replace all their ornaments on their tree with Spoiled’s golden and silver balls and garments ornaments, but she was also about to have her servants place the star on top of the tree. Placing the star on top of the tree was Rainbow’s tradition to place it on Hearth’s Warming Eve. Not only that, that star is Rainbow’s heirloom. Letting somepony else like that witch Spoiled to touch her precious star besides her family was purely insulting.

Rainbow finally had enough.

“HEY!” Rainbow screamed, getting the attention from everypony from within the room. “PUT THAT STAR DOWN NOW OR ELSE!”

While the maids frozen in fear, Spoiled smirked smugly. “Oh Rainbow Dash, how nice to see you again!”

“Don’t give me that you snake!” Rainbow snarled. “How dare you redecorate our home with your crappy decorations without our consent?”

Spoiled frowned at the pegasus and then addressed the group. “Leave us ladies and take five.”

The maids looked very uncomfortable but they obeyed. Once every one of Spoiled’s maids were gone, Spoiled trotted over to Rainbow with narrowed eyes.

“Now, if you must know, I already have permission from Princess Twilight herself to remodeled this castle.”

Rainbow scoffed. “Oh yeah? By ‘permission,’ you mean you ask her what you’re going to do but leave out a very big part about your actual intentions?”

Spoiled raised her head high. “I can assure you, the decorations I put up is much more appealing then those dreadful things you common ponies put up. We wanted to make this castle look best for the whole town!”

“But it’s fine just the way it is!” Rainbow argued with rage. “I demand that you and your crew to take your stupid decorations down at once and put our original ones back up now!”

Spoiled had a wicked grin at her face and began to slowly trot around pegasus. “Oh Rainbow, Rainbow, Rainbow… always acting like a hotheaded child. It’s a wonder why Princess Twilight would want to stick around with some mare like you who constantly made many mistakes. Heck, I wonder if your daughter would want to be seen with you, especially after the way you treated her over the voice crystal.”

Just like that, all of Rainbow’s anger was gone and her poser wilted in shame. Spoiled smirked when she got the tompony by the reins.

“I may be… strict with my daughter, but at least I can be patient like an adult, instead of acting like some immature mare who would lit my emotions run wild and make my daughter cry. I doubt you’ll get the reward for being the mother of the year… or any years at all!”

Once she saw Rainbow looked down in shame and not fighting back, Spoiled smiled smugly. “I guess we shall resume the decorations later, but we’ll be sure to leave that star alone so you and you’re family can put it on the tree together later. That is… if your family would ever want to do anything with you again. Now if you excuse me, I’m going to double check the list of many presents I already purchased for my lovely diamond.”

Spoiled trotted out of her room with a head held high and her victorious grin. Once Spoiled out of sight, Rainbow picked up one of Spoiled’s ball ornament and tossed it at the ice goose sculpture in anger. The ball landed squarely between the ice goose’s eyes and the head exploded, leaving it headless.

Rainbow calmed down somewhat but her pride still stung from Spoiled’s words. How that witch knew about the spat between her and Scootaloo were beyond her, but that was beyond uncalled for. She sighed as she stared at the window, watching the flurries go down from the sky. Not even the winter scenery will lift her spirits back up. She wanted to get back at that rich pony tenfold and wipe that smirk off of that ugly face.

Rainbow glanced at the left of Ponyville from the window and her eyes set on that big manor from the distance. The manor was obscured from the clouds but it was still easily recognizable as the Rich’s mansion. Her mind then went back what Spoiled’s had said to her from this morning before Rainbow made her first trip to Canterlot.

“I already purchased so many gifts for her, including that dreadful looking Zapp doll, which is now under our tree!”

“Under our tree!”

“Under our tree!”

“Under our tree!”

Rainbow had an idea.

An awful idea.

Rainbow Dash got a wonderful, awful idea.

She knows how she’ll finally get Scootaloo a Zapp action figure and get back at Spoiled at the same time. Rainbow had a wicked grin on her face and rubbed both of her forehooves together.

“So… she thinks she’s better than me huh? Well I’ll teach that spoiled stuck-up mare to not mess with me!”

Author's Note:

Uh oh! :twilightoops:

See you tomorrow!