• Published 1st Dec 2017
  • 1,811 Views, 75 Comments

Dashin' All The Way! - sonicfan05



Rainbow Dash promised her stepdaughter, Scootaloo to get her a Zapp action figure for Hearth's Warming. However, the toy is sold out at every single store, resorting her to travel all over Equestria to find one.

  • ...
7
 75
 1,811

A Shady Deal

Downtown Manehattan was probably the less appealing and dangerous part of town. The main roads were run down and full of potholes, there were many cracks and ice all over the sidewalk and small houses were old and falling apart. Even though the daylight was still out despite some clouds, the neighborhood was still giving Rainbow the creeps. After the Flim Flam Brothers finished their shift, they all left the mall and then walked down the sidewalk on hoof with the brothers in the lead. The two stallions still wore their Santa Hooves costumes, but they assisted that it was because they wanted to keep themselves in disguise. Rainbow secretly believed that their ridiculous suits were the only outfits that keep them warm since they are too cheap to get their own winter outfits. She felt annoyed that they’ve been walking through town for a long time. She wanted the two brothers to just tell her the location so she can fly there herself, but they told her she can’t get in there without them.

“Alright, where is that warehouse?” Rainbow finally asked with an impatient tone. “I felt like we we’re walking for hours!

“It’s only been twenty minutes my dear rainbow friend!” replied Flim.

“And we are almost there! That we promise you!” added Flam.

Rainbow sighed. She wanted nothing more then to just ditch these two clowns and be on her way, but she really needed that action figure. She decided to follow their terms for a while longer. The sooner she’ll get the toy, the quicker she can leave.

“We’re here!” Flim announced.

Rainbow snapped out of her thoughts and looked up with her eyes were as big a saucers.

Right in front of them was a huge warehouse. The building may be big, but it was old and run down. The windows were covered with boards, graffiti was written on the walls and a huge rusty metal door as the main entrance to the place.

“Sweet Celestia! It’s in there?” Rainbow exclaimed in disbelief.

Flam nodded. “Yep, this is where we make the magic happen!”

Doubt it! Rainbow thought with her eyes roll.

“Now, I’m going to get us in. Flam my dear brother of mine, will you please keep an eye on our ’guest’ for a moment?” said Flim as he made his way to the door.

Flam faced towards Rainbow Dash who had a look of displeasure on her face.

“Sorry, nothing personal. It’s part of the procedure,” said Flam.

Flim stood in front of the door and then he knocked it with his hoof. The waited for a while before a small panel opened, reveling to be some other pony’s eyes, who was peering directly at Flim.

“Password?” the mysterious pony behind the panel stated.

Flim leaned in closer to the door. “Jingle Bells… Celestia Smells.”

Rainbow had nearly facehoofed from that statement.

The pony’s eyes disappeared from the panel and then the metal door opened. The three ponies then trotted inside of the building before the door shut behind them. Inside of the building was a huge spacious room with a giant roof window above them. There were rows and rows of industrial shelves with many boxes of ‘stuff,’ possibly more rare toys they were trying to sell. There were many other ponies either dressed as Santa Hooves or Elves while they were doing their jobs. Some were standing by the tables, assembling many toys from big to small. Some were either using the forklift or just carrying boxes to store them in shelves. There were even a few ponies sitting around counting bits at their desks. As Rainbow took this all in, she felt a tap of her shoulder. She turned to see Flim, giving her his knowing smirk.

“Nice place, isn’t it?” said Flim.

“This place is so top of the line, it could even rival Santa’s Workshop!” bragged Flam.

Rainbow rolled her eyes. I bet an actual Santa’s Workshop is a whole lot better then this dump!

Just then, one of the costumed worker ponies, who has green fur and black mane, trotted up to them.

“Kevin, buddy!” Flam greeted. “Will you do us a favor and fetch us a Power Pony Zapp doll for this lovely mare?”

‘Kevin’ simply nodded at Flam before facing Rainbow. He was staring at her for a moment, making her feel uncomfortable, before he finally trotted away from her towards the back of the warehouse. As he was walking away, Rainbow could have sworn she heard a low ‘hiss’ coming from that creepy pony.

Rainbow eyed the entire warehouse with uncertainty. “I don’t know fellas… but there’s something about this place that doesn’t seem to be quite… legit.

“Says the mare who almost choked some kid’s dog over a ball!” Flam shot back.

Flam then wrapped his one arm around Rainbow. “Listen there little lady, it may not look like much, but we’re on a mission.”

“A mission to help and bring joy to the kids!” said Flim.

“For the kids?” Rainbow asked with skepticism.

“Yes! For the kids!” Flam insisted. “Do you have any idea of how many children out there were disappointed when they woke up on Hearth’s Warming each year?”

Too many to count!” Flim answered for Rainbow. “And the number of disappointing children just keeps growing every year!”

“How right you are there brother and it’s a very sad tell indeed!” Flam said grimly. “With each disappointing children, that means they lost their love of Hearth’s Warming and their fire of friendship gets dimmer and dimmer!”

“And at this rate, the whole future generation will no longer have any love for the holidays and the evil spirits of the Windigos will consume the world as we know it!” Flim added with urgency.

“All because their parents never give them the gift they were asking for!” both brothers said in union.

Flam then cleared his throat. “So that is why me and my brother, along with many of our volunteers, dedicated to find and create the toys for the children in need. Doing what the real Santa Hooves failed to do, making children happy!

“And most importantly, teach the children to spread the Hearth’s Warming cheer and never stop the love of the holidays, keeping the fires of friendship alive and strong!” Flim finished dramatically.

Flam clapped his hooves with a smile. “Well said my brother!”

Flim also clapped with a smile. “It’s your words that inspired me so!”

Rainbow rolled her eyes. Oh brother!

Shortly after the brother’s explanation, ‘Kevin’ returned with a wrapped package on his back, assuming to be Zapp action figure. Rainbow was about to reach out for the present but Flim stopped her.

“Hold on!” Flim stated as he lifted the package with his magic. “That’ll be three hundred!”

“Bits?” Rainbow exclaimed in disbelief.

Flim rolled his eyes. “No candy canes; yes bits!”

Rainbow eyes narrowed. “Seriously? Whatever happens to ‘spreading Hearth’s Warming cheer’ and ‘making children happy?’

“We are,” Flam said simply. “But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t get paid for our services.”

Rainbow scoffed before she took out a bag of bits from under her wing and flung it to the floor in front of the brothers.

“Here!”

Flam grinned as he used his magic to lift up the bag. “Pleasure doing business with you!” He then placed the bag on top of ‘Kevin’s’ hoof. “Alright Kevin, please put our earnings in our safe!”

While they were distracted, Rainbow yanked the present from Flim’s grasp and then hastily unwrapped the package.

“Hey you can’t do that!” Flim cried.

But Rainbow ignored him as she completely unwrapped the present, revealing to be Zapp action figure inside of the official Power Ponies package. Everything seemed to be in order, until Rainbow lightly shook the package.

“¡Es el tiempo de Zappin!”

Rainbow stared dumbfound at the toy after it spoke in another language and then she glared daggers at the sweating brothers.

“Uh… the doll you got there is a… Spanish edition!” Flim said nervously.

“Er… yeah. It’s special and one-of-a-kind!” Flam added with an unconvincing smile.

Not buying their claims, Rainbow opened the toy package and dumped the toy out of the box.

“Hey don’t—”

Before any of them protest, the toy came out of the box and fell apart before the pieces hit the ground. Rainbow noticed that the toy parts are not high quality or actual pieces at all. They were actually cheap pieces of plastic that looked similar to the toy parts. They were nothing more then a cheap knock-offs of the original toy, and the Flim Flam Brothers almost rip her off.

Rainbow slowly looked up to the two stallions, but this time, she gave both of them her death glare.

Flam laughed nervously. “Uh… hehehehe. That specific toy required… assembling?”

Rainbow nose flared. “Why you— I want my money back!”

“Ah, ah, ah! There are no refunds once the deal is closed,” Flim responded smugly but then lost his smile when Rainbow’s muzzle was pressed against his.

“No! You give me back my money right now you bunch of no good sleazy con artists!” Rainbow demanded angrily.

Everypony within the warehouse stopped what their doing and then angrily stared at Rainbow.

Flam narrowed his eyes. “Hey! We are not con artists!”

“Oh, I’m sorry! How thoughtless of me!” Rainbow said mockingly before she broke out into an angry rant. “Con artists were actually too polite of a word for it! No… you two, along with everypony else in here, are noting more then a bunch of scheming, low-life, no-good lousy criminals!

As soon as Rainbow boldly said those words, the entire warehouse was in a heavy silence. Everypony stared blankly at Rainbow for a full minute before each and every one changed to a look of anger like they want her blood. The two brothers even had a look of furry as Flim said in a low spine-chilling voice.

“Oh now you’ve done it!”

The two brothers then stood on their hind hooves and they were now in their fighting stance.

“You’re going to regret saying these things in front of us!” Flim threatened.

“So put up your hooves, rainbow-girl!” Flam spat angrily.

Rainbow stared blankly at the two brothers before she let out a sullen sigh. “I could never bring myself to hurt two Santas.”

“Awww, feeling sentimental?” Flim taunted.

Flam then sneered. “Well that’s fine with—”

In one swift motion, Rainbow grabbed both of their fake beards and ripped it off of their faces, making them winced in pain. Their eyes then widened when Rainbow gave them both her sinister grin.

“But I’ll definitely bring myself to hurt a bunch of slimeballs!

Before the two brothers could register her words, Rainbow quickly turned around and bucked them both in the face, sending them flying into the wall. The brothers then slid down to the floor as groaned in pain.

“Get her!” Flam uttered before he fell down completely to the floor.

Many worker ponies surrounded Rainbow as intending to give her the beating of her life. Unfazed from this, Rainbow was in her fighting stance.

“All right, bring it on! I can take you ponies on!” Rainbow taunted with a smirk.

‘Kevin,’ who stood in front of Rainbow, suddenly began to laugh and all the workers expressions changed to a vicious smirk, much to Rainbow’s confusion. Green flames appeared and covered ‘Kevin’ completely as well as each of the other ponies. When all the flames died down, all the worker ponies changed to a bunch of black pony-bug like creatures with big blue eyes, fangs, light blue wings and dark blue back. They even have holes on through their legs and tails. The only thing that ruined their intimidation somewhat was that their costumes that they were still wearing.

Rainbow eyes were wide in shock. “Changelings!?”

“Yes!” Flim answered. “There are still some changelings like them that are still royal to their queen. Ever since their queen disappeared, my brother and I made a deal with them that if they work for us, they can take as much love as desired from our unsuspecting clients.” Flim then smirked. “And you young lady, will be their next victim!”

The changelings slowly trotted up to Rainbow while giving her their threating hiss with their tongues.

“…Oh crud.” Rainbow uttered.

The changelings all jumped towards Rainbow Dash to pile on top of her, but Rainbow dodged them on time with her speed. One changelings attempted to punch her, but Rainbow ducked and then uppercut the changeling. Another one tried to tackle her but Rainbow spun around him and then bucked the changeling in the head and then went up into the air. Two more changelings flew towards her from each side, but Rainbow was fast enough to descend quickly, making the two changelings collided with each other.

Rainbow landed near one of the desks and spotted a giant candy cane on top of it. So Rainbow Dash picked it up and wacked one of the changelings in the head as one of them tried to sneak up on her. Four more changelings flew towards her, but Rainbow quickly responded by swinging her cane with all her might and knocked them away from her. Unfortunately, the giant candy cane broke in half, but she used it as a projectile by throwing the cane pieces at two changelings, making them drop down instantly.

More changelings jumped and flew towards her from multiple angles and Rainbow responded with either a punch or a buck. Unfortunately, it was getting harder for Rainbow to keep up with the changelings and as a result, they eventually overwhelmed her and tackled her to the ground.

“Get off of me!” she screamed, as more changelings continued to pile on top of her.

Just then, the front door was suddenly blasted open and many ponies dressed in blue rushed into the warehouse.

“FREEZE!” shouted one of the police ponies.

“It’s the Windigos!” Flam cried. “Run away!” Flam quickly got up and ran towards the back of the warehouse. “Every stallion to themselves!” Flam exclaimed, leaving his brother behind.

Flim quickly got up and chased after his brother. “Hey! Wait for me brother!”

Many changelings screamed and jumped off of Rainbow as they tried to escape the law. Some of the changelings managed to escape by using their own changing abilities to their advantage, but the rest of them weren’t so lucky as the police immediately captured them. As for Rainbow Dash, she slowly got up and leaned on the table so she could recover. Normally she hated to be rescued, but considering that she was almost done in by those rogue changelings, she’ll make an exception this time. Her only concern was that she’s going to get in major trouble for involving herself with those criminals.

Before she could sneak away, she heard somepony called out to her.

“Hey you there!” she shouted.

Rainbow stood stiff. Her only hope to escape was gone when the same pony grabbed her by the shoulder. Rainbow shut her eyes as she was forced to turn around.

“Hey, look at me when I’m talking to—”

There was silenced for a moment until Rainbow heard the same pony with a much more surprised tone.

“Rainbow Dash?”

Rainbow finally opened her eyes and then was surprised to see another familiar face in front of her.

“Meadow Flower?”

Meadow Flower is a light rose color pegasus with light blue eyes and various gold mane and has sunflower on her flank as her cutie mark. The only major thing that was different from her was that she wore a light blue shirt with a dark blue tie and blue cop hat on her head. She used to be one of Rainbow’s old classmates from the Wonderbolts Academy until they graduated. The last Rainbow heard of Meadow was that she traveled to Manehattan to pursue another career for her life.

“Oh my goodness! It’s good to see you again Rainbow! It’s been awhile!” Meadow Flower exclaimed with a smile.

“Uh… yes it has,” Rainbow said in awe. “I didn’t know you became a police officer!”

Meadow puffed her chest in pride. “Yep. After I graduated from the Academy, I decided to pursue my dream to be a cop, soooo here I am!”

Rainbow smiled. “Awesome, congratulations!”

“Thanks!” Meadow said cheerfully before she frowned. “As much am I excited to see you but… what are you doing here?”

Rainbow began to sweat. “Oh… um… you see…”

Meadow looked around the warehouse and then something clicked into her mind.

“Wait… don’t tell me…” Meadow said slowly, narrowing her eyes at Rainbow.

From within her mind, Rainbow began to panic. Oh no! Meadow is one of the smartest cadets I known! She’s going to find out what I’m doing here and then I’m going to jail for Heart’s Warming! And my family will find out what I done and then hate me forever! MY LIFE IS RUINED!

“…you’re here on a friendship mission, weren’t you?” Meadow concluded with a teasing smirk.

Rainbow nearly facefaulted to the ground but managed to keep her composure.

“Duh… YES! Yes I am!” Rainbow lied with a nervous laugh. “In fact… it was an undercover mission. I mean, I knew there was something big going on in this town, but I never imagined it could lead to this! It’s a good thing you showed up… not that I couldn’t handle it.” Rainbow then titled her head. “But how did you find me anyway?”

“We were informed by an anonymous caller,” Meadow explained. “She said that a mare was lured into this abandoned warehouse by two shady looking stallions dressed as Santa Hooves. I’m just glad that we made it in time.” Meadow then smiled. “But off the record, you’re amazing! You are a full time Wonderbolt performer and a trainer for the academy! On top of that, you are also one of our main heroes in Equestria! Is there anything you can’t do?”

Fulfilling a promise and make my daughter happy? Rainbow thought bitterly before she responded. “Well you know me Meadow, there’s nothing that Rainbow Dash can’t handle!”

Meadow chuckled. “I bet! I’m so going to introduce you to my boss now!”

Rainbow raised her eyebrow. “Oh okay, who?”

“Officer Warrant,” Meadow replied.

Rainbow’s face nearly went pale. Oh crud!

“He’s on his way over now,” Meadow added as she watched more changelings being led away by other officers. “Of course, we gotta take care of these punks first!”

Rainbow nearly started panicking again. Officer Warrant was probably the last pony she ever wanted the meet, especially in this place. He was peeve enough as it is because of all the other ‘run-ins’ she had with him. He won’t be so merciful if he found out the she is here. Rainbow has to get out of this warehouse fast before he could spot her.

“Um actually… I couldn’t stay long!” Rainbow said quickly. “I have… uh—important friendship duty to take care of! So we’ll catch up another time!”

“Oh, are you sure?” Meadow asked in her somewhat disappointed tone.

“Yep, just say ‘hi’ to your boss for me!” Rainbow responded before she took off, leaving a confused Meadow behind. “Later!”

Rainbow flew towards the front door and peaked outside. To her dismay, Officer Warrant was out there heading towards the entrance with a few officers by his side.

SHOOT! He’s outside! Rainbow inwardly exclaimed. He’ll spot me no matter where I fly out of here! I need to get past him somehow!

Rainbow quickly looked around the area, tried to find something she can use to sneak away. Then she spotted a clothing rack at the corner of the warehouse that held many different costumes, most likely disguises for the changelings. Most of these costumes were holiday theme of course, but there was one particular costumer Rainbow had eyes for. Rainbow then grinned as she formulated her plan.


“I don’t care how we catch them!” Officer boomed as he and his partners trotting towards the warehouse. “Have our officers surround the place and capture everypony within the area! And make sure nopony leaves, they could be our suspect or our witnesses!”

“Yes sir!” many officers responded.

Just as Officer Warrant was about to enter the door, another officer came out of the door at the same time with a police cap covering her eyes and accidently bumped into him.

“Uh, sorry chief!” said the officer with a raspy voice and kept on walking in a fast pace, while keeping a firm grasp on her hat.

Officer Warrant was about to retort back for bumping into her superior officer but then he paused. As he watched that officer trotting away from him, Warrant couldn’t help but to think that there was something… familiar about that mare. He tried to recall where he seen that mare before but he couldn’t quite put a hoof on it. He then faced his partner as they went inside of the warehouse.

“Who’s that officer?” Warrant questioned.

“Oh, she must be one of our newbies we’ve hired a few days again!” his partner responded. “You have to forgive her sir, she’s new on the force.”

Officer Warrant eyes narrowed. While it’s true that they hired new officers a few days back, but he actually paid attention to their background as well as their descriptions; such as race, coat color, mane color, and everything else. But he had no recollection of the mare he bumped into a few seconds ago. He would have continued on with his thoughts if he weren’t interrupted by somepony calling out to him.

“Officer Warrant!”

Warrant spotted officer Meadow Flower, quickly trolled up towards him.

“At ease Flower!” Warrant stated, causing Meadow to stop right in front of him. “What’s your report?”

Meadow saluted with a smile. “Well so far, we’ve apprehended at least eighty percent of the criminals in this warehouse. Most of them are rouge changelings sir!”

Warrant nodded. “Excellent! Good thing our anonymous caller let us know the location of these punks! We’ve been looking for them for years!”

Meadow nodded with enthusiasm. “Yes it is a good thing and it all thanks to Rainbow Dash who kept them busy for us to nab them!”

Warrant blinked in surprise, never expecting to hear from that troublemaking mare again. “Wait… did you say… Rainbow Dash?

“Yes, I did,” Meadow responded. “Why? Have you met her?”

“…a few times,” he deadpanned. “Where is she?”

“Um… she went through the front door a while ago and then you came in shortly after,” Meadow answered with a confused expression. “Didn’t you see her?”

“No, I didn’t see—”

Suddenly his eyes were as wide as saucers when he finally realized about the strange ‘officer’ he bumped into earlier. While her face and eyes were hidden, he distinctly remembered that her raspy voice was identical as that troublemaking mare he met many times before. But the most critical detail that never registered to him until now was that while her mane was well hidden, her tail on the other hand was exposed. And the color of her tail was a rainbow.

“OH THAT SON OF A—” Warrant roared before he quickly turned and galloped out the warehouse.

Once he was outside, he spotted the police uniform costume, which was roughly discarded on the ground. He quickly looked up just in time to see a tiny cyan dot, which belonged to that fleeing rainbow-maned pegasus, flying away over the horizon at a high speed. Warrant cursed loudly and then threw his hat on the ground in rage. He looked back up at the sky and glared fiercely at the direction where Rainbow Dash had disappeared.

You can fly, but you can’t hide… Rainbow Dash! Cause the next time I see you, you’ll be spending Hearth’s Warming in a nice warm jail cell!

Author's Note:

Careful Rainbow, you now have Officer Warrant on your tail! :pinkiegasp:

Next chapter tomorrow!