• Published 1st Dec 2017
  • 1,822 Views, 75 Comments

Dashin' All The Way! - sonicfan05



Rainbow Dash promised her stepdaughter, Scootaloo to get her a Zapp action figure for Hearth's Warming. However, the toy is sold out at every single store, resorting her to travel all over Equestria to find one.

  • ...
7
 75
 1,822

Diner Blues

The Hearth’s Warming Parade in Ponyville was still underway, as many ponies were helping out around town. Twilight was the leading organizer, helped out ponies by offering them suggestions and assisting many assignments. Applejack and Big Mac were clearing the roads by dragging their snow plows behind them. Rarity and Fluttershy were decorating the street lamps with Hearth’s Warming wreaths and red ribbons. Pinkie Pie was setting up the food stand. And finally, Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were assigned to put up flyers of the parade around town. Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Silver Spoon were putting up flyers at one side of the town while Scootaloo and Diamond Tiara just put up the last flyer near the Castle of Friendship.

“Finally! We’re done!” Scootaloo exclaimed with her satisfied smile.

Diamond nodded while admiring their work. “Yep, and it looks like we’re ahead of the others!”

Scootaloo faced Diamond with her grateful smile. “Thank again for helping out with the flyers Diamond.”

Diamond smiled back. “You’re welcome Scoots. I had a lot of fun! My mother would never allow me to help out decorate the town.” Diamond then frowned and muttered, “Let alone let me play outside in the snow.”

Scoots frowned as they were both heading to the castle. “No offence, but your mother is pretty lame for not letting you do anything, even for Hearth’s Warming.”

“None taken,” said Diamond with a shrug. “Yes… I hated that my mother made me missed out for almost everything, but I’ll be lying if I say that my life is always so miserable.” She then sighed softly. “My daddy would try to make up for his absence by making my Hearth’s Warming the best every year. Whenever I told him what I wanted for Hearth’s Warming, he would send me all the gifts with our family’s blimp.”

“I see.” Scootaloo said with high interest. “So what did you tell your dad what you wanted for Hearth’s Warming this year Diamond?”

Diamond stopped walking, which in turn made Scootaloo stop walking as well. Diamond then fully turned to face Scootaloo and then looked Scootaloo square in the eyes.

“Nothing.”

Scootaloo blinked. “Nothing?”

“Nothing.”

Scootaloo blinked again. She wasn’t expecting this answer, especially from a rich filly who can easily owned everything in Equestria with an endless bank account.

“Why?” Scootaloo asked in confusion. “Every year you always asked for a lot of stuff and then show it off to our faces!” She then winced from her own words. “No offence.”

Diamond waved off Scootaloo’s concern. “Again, none taken. As for your question, I already got my gift.”

“Oh? Well what is it?” Scootaloo asked out of curiosity.

“Spending my time with my daddy on Hearth’s Warming!” Diamond answered with a smile. When Scottaloo’s had an unreadable expression on her face, Diamond explained. “He was always so busy with his company, he rarely came home from work, including on Hearth’s Warming. But this year, he’s actually coming home and we can spend the whole day together!” Diamond then sighed happily. “That’s the one gift I always wanted.”

“…Wow” Scootaloo uttered. “That’s awesome. I’m happy for you!” Scootaloo then cleared her throat. “If you don’t mind me asking, what made him finally decided to spend the day with you?”

With a frown, Diamond put her hoof to her chin in thought. “I… I guess my daddy finally understood that I missed him… and why I acted the way I was. So he wanted to change that and wanted to spend more time with me. I supposed it also helped… that my mother isn’t around much lately.”

Scootaloo couldn’t help but to remember all the times she had with Rainbow Dash. They used to spend a lot of time together like they were sisters. Rainbow Dash would have time to teach her how to fly, giving her advice on her scooter tricks, partnered with her on Sisterhoof Social and even celebrated her birthday. But after Rainbow became her mother, Rainbow doesn’t have the time to do anything with her anymore. Would Scootaloo be better off if Rainbow and Twilight never adopted her?

With a sudden somber expression, Scootaloo slowly trotted towards the castle.

“Scoots? Where’re you going?” Diamond asked with concern.

“I’m… going back to the castle to warm up a bit,” Scootaloo said glumly as she kept walking. “Tell Twilight that I’ll be back later.”

Somewhere from the distance, Twilight was having a headache as she tried to explain to Spoiled for the umpteenth time.

"How many times do I have to tell you Spoiled!" Twilight huffed. "We will not replace all of the costumes with tuxedos and dress!"

Spoiled humphed. "Really Twilight! These costumes are atrocious! They should wear much more formal!"

"But that wouldn't match the themes of their floats and their holiday spirit!" Twilight argued. "And besides, the costume decisions were already set in stone!"

"Unbelievable!" Spoiled scoffed. "Where this town coming to? I bet the ponies in Canterlot wore much better outfits than the ones we got! If I wa running this whole thing I—"

Twilight didn't paid any attention to Spoiled, as Twilight noticed Scootaloo trotting sadly towards their castle. Twilight frowned in concern for the filly and decided to go see what was wrong with her adopted daughter.

Twilight cleared her throat. "I'm terribly sorry Spoiled, but... something just came up that I have to attend to. Please excuse me!"

As Twilight trotted her way towards the castle, Spoiled stared at Twilight's back with a scowl on her face.


Scootaloo tossed her winter gear to the side as soon as she entered her home. She was walking down the hall, heading to her room when she heard a magical beeping sound coming from the map room. Scootaloo quickly ran into the room and noticed their voice crystal was flashing in bright purple color. Figured that somepony was calling them, Scootaloo touched the crystal to pick up the call.

“Hello?” said Scootaloo.

“Hey buddy!” said a very familiar raspy voice coming from the crystal.

“Rainbow Dash!” Scootaloo exclaimed happily. “I knew you would call!”

“Of course I will Scoots,” Rainbow responded. “But I need to talk to Twilight! Is she around?”

“Rainbow, when are you coming home?” Scootaloo asked anxiously. “The parade is going to start soon!”

“Listen Scoots, I really need to speak to Twilight!” Rainbow said hastily.

“Will you be there?” Scootaloo added, ignoring Rainbow’s request.

Rainbow huffed. “Be where?

“The parade!” Scootaloo answered.

“Yes! I will be there in ten seconds flat!” Rainbow answered quickly. “Now let me speak to—”

“You gotta be there!” Scootaloo stressed. “You pinkie promised to me this morning! You’ve been gone all day and I really want you to be there!

“Scoots, please!” Rainbow urged impatiently.

“Nopony should ever break a pinkie promise!” Scootaloo continued. “When you make a pinkie promise or any kind of promises, you have to keep it! Even Zapp once said, ‘In order to keep your friends, you must always keep your promises!’”

“I DON’T CARE WHAT YOUR DUMB HERO SAID!” Rainbow exploded. “I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF ZAPP! I DON’T WANT TO HEAR ANYMORE OF THAT ZAPP! THE LAST PONY I DO NOT WANT TO TAKE AN ADVICE RIGHT NOW IS FROM THAT LAME, GOOD-FOR-NOTHING, PAIN-IN-THE-FLANK ZAPP! NOW GET TWILIGHT OVER BY THE CRYSTAL NOW!

Scootaloo flinched back sharply from Rainbow’s harsh words. Rainbow never yelled at her like that before, not even the time when Rainbow was mad at her and her friends when Scootaloo wrote an embarrassing article about Rainbow as Gabby Gums. Her little body was shaking and tears were leaking from her eyes, as she kept sniffing in sadness.

“S-scotts, I- I’m so sorry,” Rainbow said softly with guilt. “I-I didn’t mean any of—”

“You know what?” Scootaloo yelled, despite the tears still flowing down her cheeks. “You’re supposed to be the element of loyalty and yet, you were never there for me when I needed you! Sometimes I wish you never adopted me! At least you were there for me then, but now… you were never around! You always make promises to me but you never follow through any of them! So the only pony I know who truly is the lame one… IS YOU!

Scootaloo angrily swatted the voice crystal away, deactivating the crystal in the process. She then turned and galloped away from the room and out to the hallway, while not paying attention to Twilight as she entered the map room with a look of shock. Twilight arrived at the door just in time to hear both parties yelling at each other with harsh words. While it had hurt her to hear her adopted daughter said about wishing she was never adopted, she was also very disappointed in her wife for yelling at Scootaloo like that.

“What have you done Rainbow?” Twilight whispered before she went out to the hallway, looking for her daughter to comfort her. Unknown to either of them, a certain snobby mare with a crooked nose was listening in from one of the hallways from within a shadow with a haughty smirk.


Rainbow stared at the now disconnected voice crystal in shock. Scootaloo’s harsh words still echoed in her brain over and over like an old beaten up record.

“So the only pony I know who truly is the lame one… IS YOU!

After her escape from the warehouse, Rainbow spent over an hour flying all the way back to Canterlot so she can hide out in a small local diner. With permission from the owner of the diner, Rainbow used the voice crystal booth so she can call home. She met to make an attempt to talk to Twilight again to let her wife know that she’ll be late, but instead she talked to her adopted daughter.

At that point, Rainbow was stressed out after all her failure attempts to get the Zapp doll and a little jumpy after her run in with the rouge changelings. Scootaloo’s constant questions and not getting Twilight really didn’t help her mood. When her daughter mentioned that certain superhero’s name, Rainbow finally snapped. By the time Rainbow realized in horror from the words she said, it was already too late when she heard her own daughter cry. She felt sick in her stomach for letting her emotions get the best of her in the worse way. Even after Scootaloo said some bad thing to her, Rainbow felt like she deserved it. What mother, or anypony in a right mind would yell at a kid like that; especially to a good filly like Scootaloo after everything that happened to her?

Rainbow you idiot! Why did you do that!? Rainbow mentally scolded to herself.

Rainbow sighed heavily as she stepped out of the booth and then walked towards the diner counter to take a seat. As she sat morosely, a plump blue mare with a red mane and a mole on her left cheek placed a cup of hot chocolate in front of her. This mare is the owner of the diner. She wore a net hat and a net tail, an apron around her waist and her cutie mark depicted a burger on a serving tray.

“Here ya go hun, this will help make you nice and warm,” said the owner with a caring voice.

“…thanks,” Rainbow said with a sigh as she took a sip of her hot drink.

“I would like a drink like that too!”

Rainbow nearly did a spit-take when she heard that mare’s voice. She turned around and narrowed her eyes angrily when she spotted a certain pony, who was waving at her awkwardly with a sheepish smile.

“YOU!” Rainbow loudly exclaimed. “You got some nerve showing your face in front of me!”

Lightning Dust raised her hooves defensively. “Hey hey hey! I’m not here to start anything, okay? I’m just here to dine after my many failed attempts to get that toy.”

Rainbow kept on scowling at Lightning for a moment before Rainbow turned and get back to her drink, while trying to pretend Lightning didn’t exist.

“Um… I take that you didn’t get the toy either?” Lightning asked, trying to break the ice.

“…no,” Rainbow said bluntly.

“Me either,” said Lightning as she got up from the table and then trotted over to Rainbow. “Do you mind if I sit here?”

Rainbow continued to sip her drink, not looking at Lightning. “Do what you want! I’m not in the mood right now!”

So Lightning took the stool and sat right next to Rainbow. At that time, the diner owner placed a cup full of hot chocolate in front of Lightning. Lightning nodded the owner in thanks and then she took a sip of her drink. There was awkward silence between the two pegasus, one not knowing what to say while the other angrily looked the other way. Finally, Lightning spoke up.

“I heard you talking from that booth. Sounds to me like it wasn’t a pleasant conversation.”

“What do you care?” Rainbow said coolly while glaring at her drink. “My problem is none of your business!”

Unfazed by Rainbow’s cold response Lightning took another sip of her drink. “That was your daughter from the voice crystal, wasn’t it?”

Rainbow looked away from Lightning but nodded at the question.

Lightning placed her cup on the counter. “You know, I’m still surprised that you settled down and have a daughter! I bet you got a lot of attention to many stallions as a Wonderbolt!” Lightning smirked slyly. “So… who’s the lucky stallion?”

“…Twilight.”

Lightning lost her smirk and tilted her head in confusion. “Twilight? No offense to your spouse, but that’s a weird name for a guy!”

“Twilight… is actually a mare,” Rainbow clarified bluntly.

“Oh—OH!” Lightning exclaimed in realization. “I-I didn’t realize that you played with the other team.”

Rainbow faced her ex-partner with a hard look. “Do you have a problem with that?”

“Oh no! Not at all!” Lighting answered quickly. “I don’t have a problem with it! I have nothing against fillyfoolers!” Lightning then cleared her throat after that awkward exchange. “S-still, it’s awesome that somepony has eyes on you! Was she from the academy?”

“No, in fact, I’ve known her long before I became a Wonderbolt,” Rainbow responded before her eyes narrowed. “She is one of those ponies on the hot air balloon that you almost took out with your tornado!”

Lightning threw her hooves up. “Do you have to keep bringing that up?

“Yes! What happened was your fault!” Rainbow retorted. “If I haven’t save her or any of my friends, I would never forgive you!” Rainbow sighed softly. “But… as messed up as it sound… I also wanted to thank you for creating that tornado.”

Lightning stared at Rainbow as if Rainbow had suddenly grown two heads. “What?”

“Don’t get me wrong, what you did was still wrong,” Rainbow said firmly. “But… when I saved my friends, especially my wife… It was that moment that I realized how much I really loved her.” Rainbow smiled fondly. “Of course, it took me awhile to tell her, even after she became a princess, I finally confessed my feelings to her and… the rest is history.”

Lightning was surprised that her supposed reckless action, which nearly killed everypony with her tornado, ended up helping her rival realized her feelings with her now married wife. Lightning wasn’t sure if she was flattered or annoyed that she single handily made Rainbow’s life better while she herself got nothing. But then, something clicked her brain when Rainbow also mentioned about her wife’s ‘occupation’.

“Wait… princess? What do you—” Lightning gasped when she finally put two and two together. “No! Don’t tell me the ‘Twilight’ you’re talking about…”

Rainbow nodded and smiled with pride. “Yep! My wife is Twilight Sparkle, Princess of Friendship!”

Lightning gawked at her, eyes widening. “NO WAY! That’s crazy!

Rainbow chuckled. “Believe me, I still couldn’t believe it myself, but I wouldn’t have it any other way!”

Lightning couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Not only her rival is married and have a daughter, but Rainbow married to the newest princess in Equestria. She felt the mixture of envy and jealousy towards Rainbow but decided to put that aside for the sake of answers.

“Okay, shocking news aside, how long were you married?” Lightning pried.

“Almost a year,” Rainbow responded before sipping on her drink.

“And your daughter’s… adopted?”

Rainbow nodded.

“Okay so… how did she come into play?” Lightning asked with curiosity. “Usually, most newly weds wait for a while before they considered having children.”

Rainbow sighed as she placed her cup on the counter. “Scoots… is an awesome filly! Like Twi, I’ve known Scoots for a long time, even before she got her cutie mark. When I first moved to Ponyville, she looked up to me as her hero and wanted to follow in my hoofsteps. So much so, I took her under my wing as my little sister I never had. She wasn’t able to fly, but she’s a tough little filly. She’s very loyal and ready to help out her friends like I do and she’s really amazing with her scooter!” Rainbow then beamed. “When she finally got her cutie mark to help other ponies figuring out their purpose, I was so very proud of her!”

“Was she an orphan than?”

Rainbow lost her smile instantly. “No… she used to have a family.”

Used to?” Lightning quote.

Rainbow sighed heavily. “Her parents—bless their souls—were such good ponies. They both had demanding jobs, so they’re not home a lot, which is why she likes to hang out with me a lot. Even when they were both so busy, they loved her more than anything in Equestria.” Rainbow stared right at the liquid from her cup, specifically her reflection, which bore the same pained expression as her. “Then, one day… one of their colleagues from their work came to my door. Even before we sat down, I could tell something was wrong from the look on his face. Turns out… there was an accident at the factory where they work. One of their own weather machine malfunctioned, due to some stupid lazy pony, failed to paid attention to its performances. As a result, part of the facility was wiped out… including her parents.” Rainbow sighed sadly. “But the real kick in the teeth was that it happened the day after Scoots got her cutie mark.”

Lightning sat there in shook before she laid her face on her hoof. “Oh sweet Luna! That’s… awful!

Rainbow nodded. “Yeah…. she didn’t have any other relatives, so she was alone.” Rainbow took another quick sip of her hot chocolate. “She went through so many hardships, there’s no way she deserved that! When I saw Scoots looked so distraught and broken at the funeral… I made a decision right then and there! So after a long discussion with Twilight, we decided to adopt Scootaloo as our daughter. So on the day of our wedding, I broke the news to her.” Rainbow smiled warmly from the memory. “She was trying so hard not to cry, but after seeing her huge smile on her face and then hugged me real tight… I was her true hero that day!” Rainbow looked down with her ears flattened and sighed sadly. “But now… the kid hates me. I broke many promises, failed to get her a gift, and now… I just yelled at her for no stupid reason. I may be one of the best Wonderbolts in Equestria… but I’m a terrible mother.”

Rainbow broke out of her funk when she heard somepony sniffing. She turned and was surprised to see Lightning, trying to rub her eyes with her hoof.

“Hey… are you crying?” Rainbow asked softly.

“N-no!” Lightning denied weakly with a sniff. “I’m not crying!”

“You totally are hun!” The owner commented from the sidelines.

Lightning shot her a glare before she faced Rainbow with her soft expression.

“I actually find that story very admirable,” she complemented. “It clearly showed that you care so much about her! You’re a great mother… and that’s coming from me!

Rainbow scoffed. “Yeah… well, after I made so many mistakes, I doubt I’m worthy of that title.”

“Hey… we all messed up!” Lightning pointed out with a shrug. “There’s no such thing as a perfect parent… or a perfect role model for all I know. For all that’s worth, at least you were trying to show her that you cared.” Lighting looked to the side and frowned bitterly. “Unlike my mother!”

Rainbow blinked from this revelation. She opened her mouth to speak, but Lighting answered the question before she could ask.

“I’m considered the black sheep of my family. My older siblings were able to fly the first few months after birth. Me? I wasn’t able to get off the ground until I was three. I think my mother, as well as my siblings, believed that I’m the weakest because they were always so ahead of me.” Her expression hardened. “All my life, I was determined to prove them wrong. I am just as good—no, better then any of my so-called siblings combined! I thought I finally got myself a break for joining the Wonderbolts… but we both know how that turned out!”

There was a short pause of awkwardness between the two mares until Lighting continued.

“After that, I was outcast from my family more than ever and they all see me as a failure.” Lightning sighed softly. “Except for… Speedy Dust.”

Rainbow titled her head. “Your niece?”

Lightning nodded and then smiled warmly. “Yeah… she’s the only pony in my family who likes me and looked up to me. Even on the day I was kicked out, she still thinks I’m amazing for just getting into the academy! She’s the reason that my life is worth living!” Lightning took another sip of her drink and then let out a soft sigh. “Last night, my sister came to me and said that I’m invited to join the family’s Hearth’s Warming dinner! Normally, I was never invited, but Speedy, my sister’s daughter, begged her to let me join for this year! That filly loves me so much. I was so happy that night, so of course I accepted it!” Lightning then glowered. “But… there was a catch! My sister said that my niece wanted a Zapp action figure from the Power Ponies for Hearth’s Warming. She told me that if I go and get this toy, then they will allow me to join them for dinner. I thought that’ll be cakewalk! But ever since this morning, I now realized that my sister did this to me on purpose! They never really wanted me to come to their stupid dinner party and they knew that this toy is impossible to find! So they were counting on that I will give up and then they will convince her that I don’t really care about her so that she’ll hate me… just like them! Leaving me out of the family for good!”

Lightning then slammed her hoof hard on the counter in anger. The diner owner flinched, but Rainbow remained still with a look of sympathy on her face.

“Oh man… that’s awful!” Rainbow said, feeling bad for her rival. “I had no idea that your life was that bad!”

“Yeah… I’ve been known to caused trouble and that good things never come my way… story of my life,” Lightning sighed before she face Rainbow with a determined glare. “I’ll admit… I screwed up that day at the academy, but you’re wrong that I’ve never cared for anypony! My niece is the only pony I cared about in this world, so I’m doing this for her! So I’m going to get this toy no matter what and I won’t let anypony stand in my way!” Lightning then looked down with a sullen expression. “I always felt that no one in my family, especially my mother, never liked me from the beginning. I found that out when I asked for General Firefly action figure for Hearth’s Warming when I was a kid. But instead… it was just another day of disappointment.”

For a split second, Rainbow had a vision that instead of a light turquoise mare, she saw a sullen orange little filly, sitting on a stool in front of her, wearing a mail carrier uniform with a sullen look. Rainbow blinked and rubbed her eyes for a moment. When she looked up again, Lightning was back in vision again.

Rainbow then had a disturbing thought. Will it be possible that by not getting that toy as promised; Scootaloo will end up becoming an angry, miserable mare and resent Rainbow for the rest of her life?

Rainbow shook her head. “NO! I can’t let this happen!” she exclaimed as she slammed her hooves on the counter. “I’m not letting this stupid toy ruined my relationship with my daughter! But where in Equestria will I find that stupid hunk of plastic?”

“Are you looking everywhere in Equestria for a Zapp action figure of the Power Ponies?” asked some mare’s voice, which was coming from the diner’s radio.

“Y-yes,” Rainbow answered as if somepony heard her.

“And would you do anything to get our hooves on it?”

“Yes. YES!” Rainbow exclaimed which got Lightning’s attention as well.

“Well DJ PON-3 from Canterlot’s Radio Show have good news for you!” The voice announced. “If you are the first one to correctly answer the six original funders of Equestria, both leaders and their partners, me and Tavi will eventually give you a Zapp action figure as the winning prize! If anypony knows the answer, just direct your call to the Canterlot’s Radio Station with your voice crystal and submit your answer!”

Once the radio host finished her announcement, both mares had different reactions. For Lighting, she was stumped, as she was trying to come up with the right answer. Rainbow on the other hoof, lit up as the answer easily came to her.

Of course! It’s Chancellor Puddinghead, Smart Cookie, Princess Platinum, Clover the Clever, Commander Hurricane, and Private Pansy!

Rainbow smiled. Being married to an adorable egghead who talked about equestrian history all the time really has its benefits.

Thank you, Twilight!

Rainbow abruptly got up from her seat and makes her way to the voice crystal booth, but Lightning noticed her right away.

“Oh no you don’t!” Lightning shouted and she practically dove for the booth.

Fortunately for Rainbow, she moved much quicker than Lightning and slammed the booth door on Lightning’s forehooves, making her screamed out in agony.

“Nice try Dust!” Rainbow exclaimed as she quickly inserted her bit into the slot so she can activate the crystal. “Canterlot’s Radio Station,” she said quickly, while trying to keep Lightning from opening the booth’s door.

They continued to fight each other as the Rainbow desperately pleaded in her mind for somepony to pick up the call. Lighting kept sticking her hoof in the booth to grab the crystal and Rainbow responded with a punch or slamming the door harder on Lightning’s arm. After a couple of agonizing minutes, the call was finally picked up.

“Hey there dude! You reach Canterlot Radio Show! Do you have the answer?” said the same voice from the radio.

“Y-yes! Yes I do!” Rainbow spoke up, while still trying to fight off Lighting. “The original funder names are—”

Before Rainbow had the chance to answer, Lightning finally swatted the crystal off of Rainbow’s hooves and the crystal broke through the booth’s windows and then smashed against the wall. The crystal was destroyed beyond repair and many small pieces scattered across the floor and some of them were on the counter. Rainbow angrily faced Lightning who had a smug look on her face.

“Oops! My bad!”

“YOU IDIOT!” Rainbow roared as she lunged herself at Lightning, which caught the mail mare off guard.

Rainbow then pinned her down on one of the restaurant’s tables and shook her relentlessly. Lightning, for her part, tried to fight back but had difficultly due to Rainbow’s strong grasp. Just when thing were starting to get out of control, they heard a sharp whistle. The both stopped and turned to see the diner’s owner who was crossing her hooves angrily.

“HEY! You two realize that the radio station is just at the other side of town, right?”

The two stared at the mare and then at each other and then finally, they both let go off each other as they quickly made their way out the door. Rainbow was the first one to exit the dinner, but Lightning quickly pushed Rainbow towards the newspaper stands, causing Rainbow to crash on the ground.

“Sorry, when I said I won’t let anypony stand in my way, I’m also including you!” Lighting stated coldly. “So long sucker!”

Rainbow recovered just in time to see Lightning flew off into the air.

“Oh… you’re messing with the wrong mare!” Rainbow snarled before she took off after Lighting.

Author's Note:

Just when these two were about to get along. :facehoof:

Oh well... next chapter tomorrow.