• Published 9th Jan 2018
  • 808 Views, 30 Comments

Terror in Equestria 10: The Return of Tirek - StormLuna



Five thousand years after the slaying of Grogar and the restoration of normality, the most wicked villains in the history of Equestria return with a dark relic from the ancient past. It is up to the world leaders to defeat this evil or face the end.

  • ...
14
 30
 808

An Angry Argument

It was mid-afternoon and Colgate was watching as most everypony except two were returning from Marentreal. She noticed that White Magick and Twilight were not returning and she decided that she was going to find out why so the first thing she did was tap into the eye and it did not take her long to find them. She saw them walking through the old historical district taking a look at the oldest buildings in the city.

When she saw the two talking, laughing and noticed that they were walking very close together, Colgate couldn't help but sigh in disgust. Despite it having been 5,000 years since her passing, Colgate still felt that White Magick shouldn't be bonding so much with Twilight because of how much Ruby Heart despised her. She sighed, "I'm sorry Ruby, I'm so sorry you perished in Tambelon so long ago. If we could do it over again, I would gladly sacrifice myself if it meant you would have survived."

After watching them for a few more minutes her spying would be interrupted when Scootaloo came up to notify her of the return of the others, "Colgate, almost everypony is back."

Colgate looked back her way and sighed, "Everypony except Twilight and White Magick."

Scootaloo knew about how Colgate felt about the two being so close. She suggested, "I know it bothers you and you think that despite her having been dead for five millennia that he is being disloyal to Ruby Heart but perhaps it is time for you to finally move on. Perhaps it is time for you to just realize that White Magick is lonely."

Had anypony else suggested this to her Colgate would have likely screamed and yelled at them but given that Scootaloo was like a daughter to her, she reacted differently. She replied, "I know Scootaloo, I know. I was close with Ruby and seeing this still bothers me."

Scootaloo suggested, "Since most everypony is back, maybe you should just come down and chit chat with everypony before Twilight returns."

Colgate replied, "You know something, I think I'll take you up on that. Yeah I'm not as close with the other leaders as I am with you but they are all far better than Twilight, even her wannabe mother Celestia is better!"

When Scootaloo and Colgate returned downstairs, the other leaders for the most part were happy to see her. Celestia however was not, "So Colgate, why weren't you down here when we arrived? Was it because you were spying on Twilight?"

Colgate gave her a glare, "I was tapping into the eye but what I was scanning the world as usual and luckily nothing is going awry right now....."

Just as she said this, Twilight and White Magick arrived in the dining hall. While White Magick had a smile on his face, Twilight had a whole lot more than a smile on her face, her face was redder than an apple. The first to ask them anything was Celestia, "So, did you two have a good time in the city?"

Twilight put her wing around White Magick and replied, "You bet we did! We visited the libraries, White Magic bought me lunch at the nicest restaurant in town and we visited the old historical district."

White Magick could see a scowl forming on Colgate's face and asked, "Colgate, can we talk somewhere, alone?"

Colgate pointed outside and the two headed out to talk. Once they got outside to where they were out of earshot of everypony, White Magick continued, "Look, I know you still can't help but remember how much Ruby hated Twilight and think that me being close with her is a sign of disloyalty but you have to understand, it has been 5,000 years, 5,000 years for pony's sake!"

Colgate asked, "I know ponies back from your era life-bonded, didn't you two life-bond?"

White Magick replied, "The Ponyland ponies did but we were not of the Ponyland race, we were different so no we did not life-bond."

Colgate rolled her eyes causing White Magick to continue, "Look, I know you and Ruby became incredibly close, incredibly quick and most of it probably stemmed from your hatred of Twilight." His voice became more intense as he continued, "I want to ask you something, why is it you hate Twilight so much?"

Colgate raised her voice and yelled, "Because she betrayed Equestria! She oppressed ponies on a global scale, she enslaved the ponies of Fillydelphia, she thought she was the best thing in the world and if you didn't have that special magic in your realm, I hate to think what she would have done to you and Ruby Heart when Blue Star captured her."

White Magick countered, "That was when she was corrupted. She has been free of that corruption for five millennia." He put his hoof on her shoulder and continued, "Colgate, you know I respect you and see you as an ally but you need to let the past go, you need to respect the fact that I am lonely and spending time with Twilight helps me fill that void of loneliness."

Colgate mumbled, "Yeah, spending time with an innocent little thing that has been scheming from the moment you cleansed her."

White Magick was getting very frustrated over how Colgate was trying to interfere with his personal life and decided to ask something, "Colgate, since you seem to know so much about ponies' personal lives and how they should deal with romance, how many romantic relationships have you been in? How many ponies have you ever been in love with?"

Colgate found this as a ridiculous question but figured she would answer it, "Look, I have been busy my whole life. Before the whole world descended into chaos, I was a dentist, most likely the best dentist in Equestria. After that I was the commander of the military and once I finally did what I had to to liberate this planet I was the Supreme Commander of Equestria. I have not had the time nor have I ever desired romance. My motto has always been business first and that is how I have handled things my entire life."

At that moment White Magick realized that this was something that Colgate really should not be approaching him over because she knew absolutely nothing about it. He replied, "Listen, I honestly don't think you are the one to approach me over this. You have been all work for your whole life. You don't even understand what it is like to be lone......" White Magick got a case of the shivers and switched the topic, "Colgate, you need to get up to that eye of yours now. Something really bad has happened."

When he said this, Colgate knew that something had gone awry so she galloped up to her chambers and began to scan the world and would not be thrilled by what she saw when she zeroed in on the gates of Tartarus. She saw that not only had Cerberus abandoned his post, but that two centaurs were heading off in the direction of the Everfree Forest. She screamed, "That mutt, that bucking mutt!"

Several ponies heard her scream but only two rushed up to her chambers, Scootaloo and White Magick. Scootaloo asked, "Colgate, what is wrong? Why are you screaming something about a bucking mutt?"

White Magick added, "Some ancient evil has escaped, hasn't it?"

Colgate figured that this would be best discussed around everypony so she replied, "Yes but I think it would be best if we discussed this with everypony." Her voice became more grim as she continued, "Let's just say that what I just saw will make handling Grogar look like foal's play."

The other two leaders nodded and the three rushed downstairs. Colgate realized that with what had happened that she would have to put her hate towards Twilight to the side as it would take not just all of them, but a huge army and magic so advanced that nopony except White Magick may even know to handle one of the foes she saw escape.