• Published 9th Jan 2018
  • 806 Views, 30 Comments

Terror in Equestria 10: The Return of Tirek - StormLuna



Five thousand years after the slaying of Grogar and the restoration of normality, the most wicked villains in the history of Equestria return with a dark relic from the ancient past. It is up to the world leaders to defeat this evil or face the end.

  • ...
14
 30
 806

An Unexpected Bond

As the three were leaning up against a bookcase, there were creaking noises and they heard a small piece of ceiling fall in a neighboring room. This didn't bother Colgate one bit, it brought a bit of concern from White Magick but it scared Twilight. She asked, "Are you sure this place is safe for us tonight? What if a piece of ceiling was to hit us in the night?"

White Magick replied, "I promise you you'll be safe Twilight." He pulled her even closer to him, wrapped his wings around her almost entirely and replied, "Don't worry, if anything falls, it will hit my wings and not you."

When he wrapped his wings entirely around her, she felt truly safe and began to feel a true connection to the king, she began to feel a deep love towards him. She blushed, "Thank you, you have no idea how much this means to me."

Despite it being pitch dark in there, Colgate could tell that he was holding her far, far closer than he ever had before. Despite not wanting to bring too much attention to herself, Colgate sighed deeply in frustration. She began to mumble but neither of the other two could understand what she said. White Magic wasn't thrilled over it and said, "Colgate, I know your feelings about this but she is scared, she wants me to protect her from any ceiling that might fall."

Colgate mumbled, "Whatever, I should have known you'd fall prey to her eventually."

White Magick sighed, "Enough already. Maybe you should go into a neighboring room if you're going to be like this."

Colgate lit up her horn and replied, "Very well. I'm going to try and get some sleep while you protect your precious little Twily."

Colgate's constant name calling was getting to him but he decided that he would not give her the satisfaction of a response. Once it was clear that Colgate had at least went around a corner, Twilight nuzzled her head further into White Magick's shoulder and asked, "Why does she hate me so much and why does she think you're falling prey to me?"

White Magick had hoped that he would not have to share any of this with Twilight since most of it happened during her corruption. He replied, "Twilight, it involves things that happened during your corruption. Even though you have been free of evil for over 5,000 years, she still views you as a tyrant who did many bad things."

Twilight replied, "Really, she thinks of me like that?" Her voice began to break as she asked, "I know that can't be all of it, some of it has to do with Ruby Heart, doesn't it?"

White Magick continued, "Actually yes, it does. When Ruby first met you, you were corrupted and even after your cleansing, Colgate still didn't trust you. Actually it was that distrust towards you that won her Ruby's favor, so much that she cast a spell that allowed her to use her magic in my realm."

Twilight asked, "And why did Ruby hate me so much? She should have known that I would never take you away from her."

White Magick replied, "You have to understand, she had a very protective nature and outside of Colgate, she distrusted outsiders."

Twilight asked, "But what about Colgate? It seems almost like her hate has to do with Ruby's hate towards me. It seems like she thinks you are being disloyal to her even though she has been gone for thousands of years."

White Magick replied, "That is what she thinks but that is far from the truth. I loved her dearly in life and there will always be a spot for her in my heart but I'm going to admit, I have been alone for over five thousand years and that loneliness has really begun to take a toll on me."

Twilight asked, "Really?"

White Magick replied, "Yes, it has." He lit up his horn so he could look her in the eyes and continued, "I have been very lonely for quite some time but the time we spend together fills that void. When you are visiting my realm and when we went to Marentreal, I began to feel young again. I began to feel happy again, happy like I did when I first met Ruby." He gazed deeper into her eyes and continued, "When I'm with you, I feel whole again."

Twilight's heart began to melt as she realized that perhaps the king was developing the same feelings for her that she had developed for him. She clung to him as tightly as she could and asked, "Really? I make you feel whole again?"

White Magick replied, "Twilight, to be honest, I feel even more whole when I'm with you than I did when I first met Ruby." He pulled her close and continued, "I want to ask you something but even though we've grown really close, I'm afraid to ask."

Twilight said, "You shouldn't be afraid to ask me anything."

White Magick asked, "Princess Twilight, when I lost Ruby I never thought I would be able to love again but as we have grown closer, I realized that perhaps I can but now, I feel love again." His voice began to break as he continued, "Princess Twilight, would you be my marefriend?"

That question, the question she had hoped to hear for so long had finally been asked. She replied, "Yes King White Magick, yes I'll be your marefriend!"

White Magick pulled her in for a kiss and when their lips met, something special began to happen. Both of them felt a surge of warmth flowing through their bodies, the type of warmth that had not been felt by either one of them. As their kiss deepened, they began to be encircled in a pink aura that was shaped like a heart. Once the aura became bright enough that it was illuminating the room like the noonday sun would, they felt it. They felt something that nopony had felt since before the fall of Ponyland, they felt themselves life bond.

When they broke the kiss, the aura remained bright and strong. Twilight gave him a smile and asked, "Did we just life bond? Are the stories of Ponyland ponies bonding true?"

White Magick replied, "Yes Twilight, it is true. While we did not directly say it, the love between us along with the special magic of this place allowed us to become what we truly desire, we became one."

Twilight began to cry tears of joy, "I love you White Magick, I'm so happy that we are finally together!"

White Magick too began to cry tears of joy, "I love you too Twilight." He calmed down a bit and continued, "I know we have foes that are out to destroy Equestria and make life difficult but as long as we are together, we can overcome anything."

Before Twilight could say anything they heard a snarl from the adjacent room, "Ugh gag me, enough of that sappy nonsense." She wound up stomping loudly and continued, "Now that you two are an item, could you two shut up so I can get some sleep?"

White Magick sighed, "Very well." He then turned to Twilight and continued, "Shall we get some rest?"

Twilight replied, "Yes, we should."

White Magick muzzled Twilight and said, "Good night Twilight, I love you."

Twilight replied, "I love you too, sweet dreams."

The two cuddled and for the first time in many millennia, White Magick felt whole. He never imagined that the Alicorn that was a dark goddess the first time would wind up being his marefriend and neither of them expected to life bond given that they are no where near close to being of the race of the Ponylanders that would life bond on a regular basis.

In the next room, Colgate sat there in the dark with a scowl on her face. She knew what happened and reflected back to how much Ruby and White Magick loved one another and even though it had been many millennia since her passing, she still couldn't help but be upset. A smile developed on her face and she whispered to herself, "Just wait until his subjects learn he life bonded with an Equestrian, they won't stand for it!"