• Published 19th Nov 2017
  • 442 Views, 2 Comments

My Little Pony Equestria Girls The Crystal Girl - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Twilight and her only friend, Star Universe met a very special girl in a crystal gem.

  • ...
6
 2
 442

Chapter 14: Ready to Ask?

One day at Crystal Prep Academy, it's lunch time and the students are in the cafeteria having some lunch. However, Rainbow Crystal is the only one is not eating. She's distracted while she's with Neon Light, Trenderhoof, Royal Pin, Lemon Zest, Indigo Zap, Sour Sweets, and Sugar Coat. The girls are talking about the school dance while, Rainbow is distracted and scribble something on her notebook. She is so distracted that she isn't hearing the conversation.

Someone calls out, "Rainbow…"

But Rainbow doesn't reply to anything.

Another voice calmly says, "Rainbow…"

Rainbow is still not listening. She is really stuck in her head for one reason or another.

"Hey Rainbow!" Indigo shouts in Rainbow's ear.

Rainbow becomes spooked and panicky says, "What, what is it?"

"Are you okay, you looked a little spaced out for a minute there?" Sugarcoat asks.

"Sorry," Rainbow apologizes.

"I was just explaining that our band is going to be playing at our school dance," Lemon Zest says.

"Right," Rainbow replies while her cheeks blush.

"And I was asking what songs we should play," Lemon Zest adds.

Rainbow scratches her head, feeling embarrassed, and says, "Oh right, sorry, I just got a little distracted for a bit."

"Rainbow, are you sure you're alright, cause you've been acting strange lately?" Sour Sweets asks.

"I'm fine, why are you asking?" Rainbow answers, starting to feel dazed.

Sugarcoat looks at Rainbow suspiciously and says, "Uh Rainbow, the gem on your chest is glowing hot pink right now,"

"And you're writing hearts all over the cover of your notebook with a lovey dovey look on your face," Indigo Zap adds.

Rainbow looks at her notebook, and gasps to see what she is seeing. She has written hearts all over the cover of her notebook, and in each heart has the initial R.C + S.U on it. The girls looks at Rainbow who is now has rosy red cheeks on her face.

"I… I… didn't realized,"

"R.C + S.U?" Sour Sweets questionably replies.

"Who on earth is S.U?" Indigo asks.

"Nobody, no one!" Rainbow exclaims as she puts her notebook in her backpack.

The girls can tell that Rainbow has something on her mind and it's not about her school work and music.

Sour Sweets happily says, "Ooh, Rainbow has a crush!"

"No, I don't!" Rainbow exclaims in embarrassment,

"Tell that to your cheeks," Sour Sweets says with a smirk on her face.

"Yeah, they're blushing like crazy," Indigo agees.

"They are?" Rainbow replies, with her cheeks blushing hard.

"So who is it? Sour asks.

"It has to be Neon Light?" Sugarcoat asks.

"Or Trender Hoof?" Lemon adds.

Then Indigo asks, "It's not Jet Set or Blueblood, right?"

What they don't know is that the three boys sitting next to them are looking at them with straight looks on their faces.

"You girls know that we're standing right here, right?" Neon bluntly remarks.

"So who is it?" Lemon asks.

Rainbow feels more embarrassed about the whole thing, and isn't sure about telling any of them about her love life. However, she thinks that if she wants some help, she might aswell tell them.

Rainbow takes a deep break and says, "Alright girl, I'll tell you who I have a crush on, you have to promise not to say anything to anyone, not even him alright."

"Alright," The girls and boys agree.

"I have a crush on Star Universe," Rainbow confesses.

"I knew it!" Lemon shouts happily.

The others are looking at Lemon with a confused look on their faces.

Realizing her mistake, Lemon sits back down and quietly says, "Oops, my bad."

Rainbow is shocked by and shyly says, "You mean… you know about that."

"I kind of noticed since you've been hanging out with Star and Twilight lately. I asked Twilight and she even noticed how you and Star are behaving towards each other. Not to mention you've been acting like that during our band practice," Lemon explains.

"Yeah, that's true," Rainbow replies.

Then she says, "I guess I started developing feeling when we spend time together."

"Sounds like love is developing between you and Star," Sugarcoat replies.

Then Sour Sweets happily says, "I wouldn't be surprised if Star wants to ask you out to the school dance,"

"You really think so?" Rainbow asks.

"I know so. I'll be Star is very excited about finding ways to ask you out at this very moment," Sour Sweets says with confidence in her statement.

Rainbow smiles again and is wondering if Star is thinking about asking her out to the dance. She really hopes so.

At the other side of the school, Twilight is in her lab with Star and Spike the little puppy dog. Star has been talking about his time with his band and Rainbow with Twilight, and how he wants to ask her out to the dance. However, Star has one small problem.

"What do you mean you're scared about asking Rainbow out to the dance?!" Twilight exclaims.

"I mean that I don't know how I'm going to ask you out. I really like her, but I'm afraid that I'll chock or do something totally embarrassing," Star explains as he sits on the floor with a glum look on his face..

Twilight sits next to him as she says, "Star, you like Rainbow, and she likes you back. I'm sure that she'll say yes about going to the dance with you."

"I hope so, but the last thing I need is to worry about asking her on a date, I also like to get her something," Star replies.

"Like what?" Twilight asks.

"Something she likes, but I don't know too much about her enough," Star says with a sigh.

Twilight thinks about this, as she suggests, "Well, she likes to cook, you can make her something or take her out to lunch, or maybe you can give her a lily brooch, corsage or hair pin to match her gem,"

"Those are actually good ideas," Star says with a smile.

Star then sighs sadly and is thinking of something else. Twilight notice this and can tell something else must be making Star feeling this way, and would like some answers.

"I'm getting a feeling there's another reason why you're afraid to ask," Twilight suspects.

"Yeah. I guess, but part of the reason is that she used to be a pony," Star answers.

"But there's more," Twilight asks.

Star sighs sadly and explains, "Well, she's how you say, incredible. She used to be a guard before coming here, she's smart, athletic, a great singer, makes clothes, and cook, she's… she's… too good for me. I don't who how would someone as amazing as Rainbow Crystal could ever see in a guy like me."

Twilight eyes widen as she hears what Star is saying. He thinks Rainbow would want someone as special and talented as she is, but that's not the case. Twilight remember that Rainbow explains to her how much she likes he and wonder when he will asks her out. Twilight knows that Star needs to get some confidence, and to help Rainbow too.

And idea hits her and suggests, "Maybe you can take her out tomorrow."

"Take her out?" Star says, looking confused.

Twilight nods her head, and explains, "Like yeah, you and Rainbow can go out to lunch and manye take her to the park, the mall or even a movie. Maybe being around her will help boost your confidence."

Star thinks about it and says in his thoughts, "Well, I guess that would be a good idea. I can learn more about her and she can learn more about me. Spending time with her will help me ask her out to the dance, and maybe I can find a great gift for her for the dance."

Star turns to Twilight and says, "I think I'll do it.

Hour later, school is let out for the day, and lots of students are heading back home. Rainbow Crystal is making her way to the fashion club. She looks to see the door to the club room to see Star waiting for her.

Rainbow smiles and asks, "Hey Star what's bring you here?"

"I'm doing fine, how are you?" Star replies, scratching his head and feels liek sweating a bit.

He then works up the confidence and asks, "I… I would like to know, if… if… you would like to go out for lunch, and maybe see a movie this saturday."

Rainbow happily answers, "I would love too, what movies are in the theaters right now?"

"Well, there's Daring Do and the Ring of Destiny, The Power Ponies, and other kinds of it," Star replies.

"I think the Daring Do movie sounds great," Rainbow says with glee.

"That's great because I like to see the movie since it's been out in theaters a week ago," Star says, with excitement.

"Sounds good to me," Rainbow says.

Rainbow then walks to the door and says, "Well I better get inside to help set up the meeting. I'll see you later."

"Later," Star replies.

Rainbow then opens the door and go inside the room for the club meeting. When she closes the door leaving Star alone, Star shows a bit smile on his face, and feels excited about going out with Rainbow this saturday, and he wants it to make it perfect for her, so he decides to figure out places to eat and the time for the movie. Star heart is beating fast as he leave for home waiting for his time out with the girl of his dream.

Author's Note:

It's a date