• Published 15th Nov 2017
  • 2,821 Views, 119 Comments

Sonic and EQG Forces - SonicAKG

  • ...
11
 119
 2,821

Reunions.

In the Tails's plane, the Tornado-1, himself, Twilight, and Spike were flying through the air. Tails was filled with indescribable joy due to what he had overheard during the encounter with Eggman.

"Sonic is alive! This is the best news I've heard in months. I knew I was right to not give up hope." Tails cheerfully said. He almost thought it was too good to be true.

"You were right all along this whole time. Sorry I doubted you." Twilight said to Tails from the backseat. "Now that we know he's alive, what's our next move?"

"We should find him and tell him about Eggman's plan, which is happening in 3 days. He seemed so confident that it would work, so it sounds like something we should be worried about." Tails responded as he looked back at her. "Eggman said that Sonic was last seen in the Mystic Jungle. We should head there to see if we can find anything."

Tails then began to descend the plane downwards as the team headed for their next direction.


Later, Tails, Twilight and Spike were walking along a path in the Mystic Jungle after having descended from the Tornado-1. Twilight and Spike looked around, impressed by all the neon lights and decorations in the area.

"Wow. This place looks like it would be a lot of fun." Spike commented. "If it wasn't owned by a crazy mad scientist that is."

"It's a very large area. Do you think we'll find Sonic here?" Twilight asked.

"Sonic doesn't stick in one place for very long, so I'm not really sure. I just hope luck is on our side." Tails answered.

While they were talking, the trio didn't notice that the path was leading them down some sort of hole. When they took their next step, all three of them suddenly fell downwards and on some kind of spring.

"Woah!" Twilight exclaimed as she felt the spring cushion her fall. "Tails, what is this?"

Tails felt the spring loading up and as a result, he recognized what it was as his eyes widened.

"Oh boy, hold on ti-" Tails began.

Tails never got a chance to finish his sentence as he, Spike and Twilight were suddenly launched into the air by the spring, all of them yelling as they soared through the air, though Spike wore a smile during the entire time. Twilight used her ability to fly to stop herself mid-air while Tails landed on a small platform ahead. Spike, on the other hand, fell into a small slot machine in front of Tails. He was in there for a while until he fell out.

"Spike, are you ok?" Twilight questioned as she flew down towards her canine friend.

"That was so much fun!" Spike exclaimed as he panted excitedly and shook himself. "I'm liking this place already!"

Tails and Twilight formed amused smiles towards Spike's enthusiasm. Spike looked behind the two of them and his face broke out into a grin due to what he saw.

"I want to try that!" Spike said with excitement as he rushed past Tails and Twilight towards a giant green flipper. Spike leaped on it and was sent up in the air shortly. While he was airborne, he bounced off a few small bumpers that sent him towards another platform as Tails and Twilight looked on.

"After this, he probably won't want to go on normal walks anymore." Tails told Twilight as she slightly laughed at the idea.

Twilight flew up to meet Spike while Tails followed the dog's path to meet him up ahead. Once they did, they descended on a road that sent them towards another large flipper that Spike eagerly jumped on, with Tails not too far behind. Both of them went high up in the air. While watching them, Twilight was starting to feel a little jealous that the two of them got to have so much fun in this area. She had no excuse seeing as she could already fly.

The three of them met up on the higher platform and continued to move along it. It led them into a region below, which was filled with small bumpers in the air that Spike and Tails bounced across to go on ahead as Twilight floated behind them. The trio then came across another large springer, which they placed themselves on and were once again shot into the air through the Mystic Jungle. When they started to descend, Tails and Spike landed on an entire road of bumpers, that made them ricochet slightly in the air with each step, with Twilight looking down at them with a slightly sour expression. It really looked like a lot of fun.

"So far, no sign of Sonic here." Tails said.

"Perhaps he's in the center?" Twilight suggested. "We should head there to check."

Tails, Twilight and Spike moved across another pathway they found and reached a bottom region of the Mystic Jungle. It contained many triangular-shaped bumpers on top of it, which Spike gleefully leaped on, with Tails doing the same. Once they were done with this section, the three of them were in front of many large green bumpers leading upwards.

"This place keeps getting better and better." Spike happily stated.

Spike jumped towards the bumper and jounced off each of them as he moved towards the top, even performing a few tricks as he did, which made Tails and Twilight try not to laugh as they watched the whole thing. The two of them caught up with Spike in no time and faced a wall that had the triangular-bumped alongside it. Almost instantly, Spike pounced towards the wall and bounced back and forth between the wall to move up, with Tails joining him and Twilight flying up ahead. The three heroes reached a trail that guided them towards another spring launcher at the bottom, hurling them through the casino-like forest. As they started to reach the bottom, Twilight saw that there were no bumpers to break the fall of Tails or Spike and thus, she used her powers to levitate the two of them down safely. She and her two friends were now near the exit of the casino, which featured a large multi-colored neon palace in the background.

"Ok, if this place isn't destroyed by the time we beat Eggman, we can come back here, right?" Spike requested.

"We'll see, Spike." Twilight answered with a smile. "But first we need to find, Sonic. There's still no sign of him here at all."

"Hmmm, knowing him, he probably left this place already. We should probably find another destination if we can" Tails stated.

With that said, Tails and his companions began to exit this area of the Mystic Jungle.


In the resistance base, the main members had successfully completed their missions abroad and had returned to the headquarters, taking a breather. While they were, the computer suddenly began to flash, as Amy and Sunset looked on to see what was causing it.

"It looks like there are three readings coming from the Mystic Jungle." Sunset said as she saw 3 pulsing dots from that area on the map.

"Mystic Jungle? We were just there." Silver replied. "What else could be there? Some Eggman robots he left behind?"

"No, they're life readings." Sunset told him.

"If they're life readings, who or what could they be?" Amy wondered.

"Whatever it is, it looks like we should send people to check it out. " Knuckles said. "We don't want to take any chances."

"Ooooh, send me, send me!" Pinkie eagerly said as she waved her hand.

"Hold on, if you're going, then someone should go with you. I don't mean any offense darling, but the Mystic Jungle is filled with a series of colorful lights and you tend to get *ahem*, distracted." Rarity said to Pinkie.

"Colorful lights?!" Pinkie said as excitement started to fill up her body. "That sounds like so much fun! And don't you worry, I can focus!"

To prove a point, Pinkie grabbed a hold of Charmy's face and began to stare intently at him, causing him to giggle, which made her do the same.

"Like I said, distracted." Rarity dryly said as she turned to Knuckles, who let out a tiny sigh.

"I'll go. I'm starting to feel better from my whole fiasco at the pyramid and I need to stretch my legs." Manic volunteered as he stood up and stretched loudly. "Don't worry about Pinkie, I'll keep an eye on her."

"Ok then, check out the readings and report back as soon as you can." Knuckles told him. "And make sure Pinkie doesn't get lost."


In the Mystic Jungle, Manic and Pinkie Pie were making their way across a road which was surrounded by many small neon-decorated castles on the side. Pinkie was totally mesmerized by what she had seen as her eyes began to reflect the neon colors.

"Oooooh, so glowy!" Pinkie gushed as she looked around the area, not watching where she was going. Due to this, when two separate pathways came in front of her and Manic, with one being unveiled and the other leading into a hidden passage, Pinkie took the latter route.

"Pinkie, I know the lights are pretty and all, but we really have a job to do." Manic said as he took the open path on the right. He didn't hear a response, which puzzled him.

"Pinkie?" Manic said as he looked back and saw that she was nowhere to be found, much to his dismay. He then did a facepalm.

"Ah man! Not even 5 minutes in this place and I already lost her." Manic grumbled as he ran. "I'm really in the hot seat now."

Manic then came near the end of the path and dashed from it, sending him towards a waterslide below. As Manic was falling into it, he saw Pinkie emerge from a tunnel on the left, much to his shock.

"Wheeee!" Pinkie yelled with glee.

"Pinkie?! Where did you go?!" Manic shouted, which made her turn towards him.

"Oh, hi Manic! I went through a small tunnel which didn't have as many pretty lights but it had some red ring with a star inside it. That looked like a collectible, so I took it. That means bonus points for me!" Pinkie quickly explained.

Manic looked at Pinkie, not understanding a single word she had uttered. Before he could say anything, he and his pink partner landed on the waterslide, which had an extremely strong current.

"W-w-w-wow!"Manic said as he slid across the current, trying his best not to be thrown off the slide due to how strong it was.

"This...is....the best!" Pinkie shrieked with euphoria and moved on the water with no problem at all. "This has to be the best water rider ever!"

Manic was moving so fast that he was starting to get dizzy. He was trying to shake it off, but it was a struggle.

"P-P-P-Pinkie! Try not to-"Manic said before Pinkie took another route on the water slide and disappeared from his sight completely, making his jaw drop. He heard her laughter in the background

"Come on!" Manic yelled with frustration. He had literally just met up with her.

Manic continued to move through the water slide, making maneuvers to ensure that he wasn't thrown off. As Manic moved on ahead, the water slide pipe became larger and he saw Pinkie land next to him with a huge smile.

"Hi Manic!" Pinkie said as she waved to him.

"Pinkie! We. Need. To. Stick. Together!" Manic told her in a tired tone.

"Okiely-dokiely!" Pinkie responded as she gave him the thumbs up.

The water slide reached it end, sending Manic and Pinkie ahead towards a two-level plateau where they found flying Eggman robots greeting them on the lower level. Manic took out his eskrima sticks and with his speed, he used them to smash through the robots while Pinkie put some sprinkles in her hand and tossed them towards the enemies, making a series of pink explosions occur. With the enemies gone, the two of them were free to move forward to the top level, which also featured robots. Manic tossed one of his sticks like a boomerang at high speed and it went through the robots while Pinkie placed sprinkles in both hands and released them, creating a much larger explosion from before.

"Ok, the coast is clear, let's go, Pinkie." Manic said.

It was silent as Manic turned to see Pinkie looking at one of the neon signs, totally hypnotized. This made Manic lower his eyelids. He then grabbed Pinkie's hand and dashed with her off the plateau. Manic and Pinkie found themselves headed towards another water slide as Manic's face sunk while Pinkie's lit up.

"Yesss!" Pinkie cheered.

"Oh no..."Manic said in a small voice as he and Pinkie reached the waterpipe.

The water current was even stronger than before as Manic was thrown from side to side while Pinkie easily adjusted. The slide then split into three narrow ones, with Manic going down the center and Pinkie on the right. There were so many sharp turns that had Manic on the edge of his seat while Pinkie giggled and laughed. She was clearly having a blast. The water slides then reached their end, sending Manic and Pinkie into the air and in front of them were many yellow neon towers. Manic jumped across each of them to get by while Pinkie put in her hand a few sprinkles and tossed them beneath her, propelling her into the air with each explosion.

"Whoopee!" Pinkie yelled.

"The life readings are very close now." Amy said. "You should see them soon. We'll send reinforcements just in case."

The two resistance members reached solid ground and came in front of what looked like an entrance towards a laboratory of some sort.

"Ok, so where are those life readings?" Manic wondered as he looked around.

Pinkie looked around the area as well until she noticed a pink glimmer in front of her. With curiosity, Pinkie approached the source, which Manic noticed.

"What'd you find Pinkie?" Manic questioned as Pinkie picked up what caused the pink sparkle.

In her hand, Pinkie held a magenta colored icosahedron ruby of some sort with black stripes around it.

"Oooooh, pretty!" Pinkie said with awe as she gazed into the ruby, which gave off a pink glow.

"What could that be? Never seen anything like this before." Manic observed as he examined the ruby alongside Pinkie.

Before the two of them could say anything, they heard voices, making them turn around to see the source.

"Still no sign of Sonic. I guess he really did leave." Tails said, which made Manic and Pinkie perk up.

"Tails?!" Manic uttered in an astonished tone.

Hearing Manic's voice made Tails, Twilight and Spike stop moving as they noticed him and Pinkie in front of them.

"Manic?! Pinkie?!" Twilight with surprise.

Twilight suddenly found herself wrapped in a large hug by Pinkie Pie as she took her off the ground. Pinkie's strength was astounding and made Twilight grunt.

"Twilight! It's been sooo long since we last saw you! I missed you sooo much!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"*grunt* Nice to see you too, Pinkie.." Twilight said, wincing due to how tight Pinkie's grip was.

Pinkie let go of Twilight and quickly turned to Tails.

"Tails, it's so great to see you again! You haven't gone cuckoo have you?" Pinkie demanded as she suddenly gripped his cheeks and looked directly into his eyes.

"N-no." Tails said.

"OK! Just making sure!" Pinkie said before she went to Spike and gave him a long belly rub.

"What are you two doing here?" Twilight said in a quizzical tone.

"We picked up three life readings and came to check it out. Glad it's just you guys. It's a relief to see you're all fine." Manic told her as he put his hand on his hip. "And speaking of fine, do you know that Sonic's-

"He's alive." Tails finished. "We overheard Eggman when we ran into him. Long story, but I think we have a lot of catching up to."