• Published 15th Nov 2017
  • 2,816 Views, 119 Comments

Sonic and EQG Forces - SonicAKG

  • ...
11
 119
 2,816

The Finishing Touch

Back at Resistance HQ, the other members who had stayed behind during the various missions suddenly noticed a transmission incoming. Sunset walked over and answered it.

"This is Sonic. I've shut down the Chemical Plant's computer. The Death Egg is now weaponless and ripe for smashing." Sonic's voice stated.

Hearing the news of the success made almost everyone beam.

"All right, he did it!" Knuckles cheered.

"Everything's going so well. For once in a long time, I'm optimistic." Fluttershy happily said as Sunset came and placed her arm around her shoulder.

"That's the right attitude, Fluttershy." Sunset praised. "Things are really starting to look up."

"Now's our chance to attack. We need to be quick. Who knows what Eggman could have up his sleeve?" Rouge urged.

"We know. We just need to head up there and cut off the Death's Egg power supply and destroy it." Tails said. "As well, we need to rescue any prisoners still on board. "

"Silver and I will go for this part." Twilight added. "With our telekinetic powers, it should be easier for us to destroy the Death Egg. It'll also be easier for us find any captured people. You ready, Silver?"

"Of course I am. I've been out of action for too long!" Silver eagerly said. "The Doctor's going to learn I'm not to be trifled with!"

"Besides...I can get to go to space!" Twilight gushed. She then realized everyone was looking at her nerding out and became slightly embarrassed. She then noticed Sunset giving her an amused smile.

"You guys are making this sound like it'll be a piece of cake. This is the Death Egg after all." Manic pointed out.

"Don't worry about it. With Twilight, they got this." Spike reassured.

"Good luck you two. Just go and smash that horrid looking...thing." Rarity said, shivering at her remembrance of the Death Egg's appearance.

"Keep your guard up and be prepared for anything." Espio advised. "Don't be too overconfident, even this late."

Before Silver and Twilight could leave, Shadow suddenly came forward.

"I was wondering, while I was gone, did any of you come across Omega?" He asked.

Hearing this jogged Tails's memory as his eyes widened.

"Right!" Tails answered. "I was fixing him up in the city before Chaos attacked."

"What?! We've been looking for him for months! Why didn't you say anything?!" Rouge snapped with irritation.

"I'm sorry, with everything that happened..." Tails said, clearly beginning to feel guilty.

"Don't be too hard on him. Spike and I were with Tails in the city too and we barely noticed." Twilight interjected, coming to his defense.

Shadow was silent for a while until he began to head off towards an exit.

"Shadow, where are you going?" Sunset quizzically said.

"To find Omega. With all that's happened, I doubt the Doctor's even noticed him in his condition. And he won't notice me." Shadow answered.

He then quickly sped off before anyone could chastise him. Rouge just put her hand on her face and shook it.

"We have to remember he's not much of a team player, even now. We should get going too, Twilight!" Silver suggested.

Twilight nodded and the two of them headed for the resistance exit.


Using the stolen Eggman cruiser once more, Silver and Twilight traveled into space and towards the Death Egg. In no time their ship arrived at the entrance dock of the fortress and came to a landing. The two of them exited out of their craft, ready to start the mission.

"I still can't believe I'm actually in space!" Twilight said in awe. "Flying through it was incredible, even if it was short! I'll have to come back once this whole war is over!"

"Let's make that happen quicker then." Silver said as his body began to glow with a faint green aura. "Time to trash this thing."

The region they were in appeared to be some kind of facility, with dimly lit halls of colossal size and narrow corridors. It had many high tech features such as cables, pipes, and laser cannons on the surface. In the background, many singular red mechanical eyes were shown. As soon as Silver and Twilight began to walk forward, the area started to flash red while a loud alarm went off. This startled both of them and Silver looked around frantically.

"What's going on?!" He cried. "I thought Sonic shut down the Death Egg's defense systems?"

"They must have switched over to auxiliary power." Twilight explained before her face turned into one of frustration. "Arrgh! Tails and I should have calculated this."

"Well, what's done is done. Besides, I'm sure we can handle it." Silver confidently stated.

Silver's confidence made Twilight smile and the two of them moved ahead in the Death Egg by flying towards their right, passing over a series of glowing conveyor belts in the meantime. In front of them, the walls suddenly began to fire blue energy spheres. Using his powers, Silver put them to a stop and sent them scattering back once they came, creating a series of small explosions. Twilight, on the other hand, lifted various pieces of metal off the floor and walls to use as shields, protecting her from harm. She then slammed them into the laser walls, taking them out, which was shown by blue sparks apppearing. The path was free and the telekinetic duo flew forward. Eventually, they came in front of a series of energy spheres creating a bridge going upward, stopping them in their tracks. The beams then changed to make a bridge going straight.

"What path should we take?" Twilight wondered.

"We don't have time to think it over. Let's just go up." Silver decided.

Twilight agreed and the two of them levitated themselves upward to a more enclosed section of the Death Egg. When they reached the top, they found Egg hornets blocking their path. They aimed their stingers but Silver unleashed a psychic wave which paralyzed some of them as green electricity surrounded their bodies. They then malfunctioned and fell to the ground. Twilight grabbed on in a purple field and use it fire lasers at the others, taking them out. Once this was over, she slammed the robot into the side. In front, Silver and Twilight noticed two conveyor belts. Ahead of them were heated tops. This gave Twilight an idea.

"Silver, can you help me bring down the top belts on the others? Seeing how heated they are, a collision would cause them to short circuit and cause damage to this base." She requested.

"No problem. " Silver complied.

Silver and Twilight used their powers to take hold of one heated top. With some strength, they managed to force it down as it crashed on the bottom. This caused sparks to emerge as a heating noise became louder.

"We should hurry and do the next one. It might cause a small explosion." Twilight warned.

The two psychics repeated the same trick on the next conveyor belt with the same result and quickly moved onwards. While flying, they noticed a factory of some sort in the back. Yellow-eyed orbs were being carried around by different devices such as conveyor belts, rails, gears, and grabbing claws.

"This looks pretty important. You thinking what I'm thinking?" Silver asked his partner with a mischevious smile.

Twilight nodded and shortly after, the different kinds of factory equipment began to glow green and purple. They were then quickly dismantled, causing metallic pieces to fall down everywhere, making loud noises. This act resulted in Silver and Twilight being surrounded by bat-like robots with rotating yellow blades around them.

"Well, should have expected this." Twilight admitted, recognizing how loud they had been.

The robots charged at the two heroes, intending to cut them up. However, Silver and Twilight caught them with their respective auras. Working together, they smashed all of the robots into each other, leaving small explosions which affected the surroundings of the Death Egg. The walls had dents in them to showcase this

"When will the doctor learn? These guys can't take us down." Silver boasted.

The pair then continued on ahead and on their way, a series of laser bridges blocked their way up. Using his powers, Silver split the beams apart, making it easier for him and Twilight to go ahead. At the top, laser cannons on the walls aimed for them. Acting quickly, Twilight used her powers to bend them upwards, causing them to hit parts of the Death Egg instead. With this done, both of them flew up and down through narrow halls. When they reached the bottom, they were face to face with a series of stacked conveyor belts. Coming down through them were Egg Pawns. However, these ones were silver and had turrets for arms. Upon seeing the intruders, they began to fire rapid shots. To avoid this, the two of them combined their powers to lift one heated belt at the bottom and use it as a shield.

"One...two...three!" Twilight yelled

Silver and Twilight pushed the machine forward, crashing into the Egg Pawns and causing a small explosion. After this, Silver sent out a psychic pulse above, which brought down the rest of the conveyor belts. The two resistance members then continued to fly around the Death Egg. Through their journey, they came across a few spinning gears in the back. They seemed to power the other machines they had seen before.

"Let's take these apart too." Silver suggested

Silver and Twilight used their telekinesis to remove giant screws on the gears. Due to this, they became unstable and started to crash down everywhere.

"I've never made a mess like this before." Twilight said. "It feels...kinda good to let loose a bit."

"I hear you. Sure is a good way to get rid of all the stress this war has caused." Silver replied with a smile.

The young heroes continued on a straight pathway. When they came forward, they were suddenly faced with three narrow beams heading straight towards them. They split apart quickly in order to avoid harm. They both turned turned to see the source belonged to a squadron of Aero-Chasers. The robots then unleashed a barrage of lasers, placing the two psychics on the defensive as they maneuvered around to dodge them. Silver created an energy knife and sent it ahead, slicing two of them in half. Twilight grabbed one and turned it's direction, causing it to blast 3 of them before she slammed it into the wall. 4 aero chasers remained and they all unleashed missiles to attack. In response, Silver and Twilight smirked at each other. With their abilities, they grabbed the rockets and used them to blow their enemies to bits.

"Rockets against us? Really?" Silver said.

"Well, they are simple robots. They don't have the capacity to learn aside from their basic functions, which is to destroy us." Twilight informed him, which made Silver shrug.

The duo was free to pass and explore the fortress further. The pathway they traveled on took them down again and past grabbing hands which were transporting spheres around. Silver created another psychic knife and used it to slice the tops of many hands. Twilight made use of her powers to make many hands lose their functions, shown by purple waves fluctuating. They then crashed into each other instead. When this was over, they resumed their mission. At the end of their path, the two of them were unexpectedly trapped in a yellow electric field. They were paralyzed and couldn't move.

"What the?! What is this?!" Silver demanded through grunts.

"Could it be a-" Twilight began to say.

Twilight's sentence was cut off as she and Silver were suddenly transported around the Death Egg through yellow loops at a rapid speed.

'Whooooaaaaaa!!!!" They yelled in unison.

They were suddenly brought to another platform, ending their ride. Twilight was very dazed and wobbled while Silver was on his knees.

"What..was that?!' Silver cried out.

"I-you-ughhh....why do all these places have crazy rides or something." Twilight questioned. "Pinkie might love this stuff but not me!"

Silver and Twilight took a moment to regain their composure. Once this was done, they went straight forward. The only way available was through a long way down. Using their powers, they slowly descended downwards.

"You know, this is kind of nice. Feels a bit like an elevator ride." Twilight commented as she and her companion gently drifted down.

"I'd hold my breath if I were you. We have company." Silver responded. He then pointed up to the incoming silver Egg Pawns coming down.

"Come on! After that, can't we have a little break?!" Twilight exclaimed in a slightly frustrated tone.

Silver flicked his wrist and sent a psychic wave to smash the Egg Pawns to the side. Twilight pushed them side to side as she caught them in a purple aura.

The bottom was one long heated conveyor belt, guarded by flying Egg Wasps. When they saw the intruders, they started to fire with their stingers. It was useless as their targets simply moved to avoid getting hurt. They then used their powers to stun the enemies and slammed them into the heated regions, making mini bursts The enemies were gone and they flew past the conveyor belt. Near the end, they felt that they suddenly couldn't move again as the same yellow field appeared once more

"Oh, not again!" Twilight cried before both she and her partner were flung around the Death Egg in loops again.

The loops brought Silver and Twilight upwards. Due to going through it before, this time, they were only slightly dizzy, which they quickly shook off. The two companions had been placed in front of a long moving road. It was littered with Egg Pawns coming down towards it.

"Twilight, try this." Silver suggested.

Silver then surrounded himself with a cyan aura. He then nodded at Twilight for her to do the same. Once she did, Twilight turned to Silver with a confused look.

"Now what?" She asked.

"Now..charge!" Silver eagerly said as he rushed towards the incoming enemies, much to Twilight's surprise.

When Silver came into contact with the robots, he smashed through them due to the force of his aura. Twilight looked on, unsure if she could pull it off. However, she also realized that there was no time to waste. She took a deep breath and followed Silver's lead while shutting her eyes tight. Twilight felt the collision of ramming into the robots but no pain. It didn't make this any less unnerving for her, however. Everything felt bumpy, like the worst roller coaster she had ever ridden. With this method, they managed to deal with their enemies and move forward into the Death Egg.

The moving road led the partners into a corridor before leading them into a large area with a hexagonal platform in the middle. Around it were many prison cells, stacked on the different layers. There were people inside them. Twilight looked mortified while Silver's expression was simply grim.

"This must be the prison hall were Sonic was held." Silver realized. "I didn't come across this the last time I was here."

"This is terrible. Being put in a horrible place like this." Twilight expressed with sadness. "We have to get these people out of here."

Silver and Twilight split up and flew around the cells, using their powers to short-circuit the security system. The door system flashed purple or green. This resulted in the doors opening and the captured people emerging out in droves. Loud cheers were heard while the liberators continued their work. Twilight then came across one cell and did her job as usual.

"Wait." Twilight heard from behind. She then turned around to see who was calling her.

Emerging from the cell was a girl with short, dark auburn hair. Her clothes consisted of black shorts with white rimming, dark blue boots with white outlines on the buckles, and white gloves with blue rings. She wore a closed blue vest with a black crop-top hidden underneath. Her skin was tan and she had blue eyes.

Behind her were 3 other prisoners. One of them was a large teen with a slim but large build. He had short violet hair with a pair of yellow goggles on his head. For attire, he wore black and white shoes while sporting yellow gloves. He also wore a brown bomber jacket with fur around the collar, a purple shirt underneath and purple pants. He had a green tool-belt across his shoulder. His eyes were green and he had two prominent sharp teeth emerging from his lip. Next to him was another teen with neatly combed blonde hair. He was wearing red boots and arm cuffs with two sword straps that connected on his chest, forming an "X"-shape over his brown, French army styled uniform. He also had a belt, which was colored red and white, that had a gray belt buckle. He wore white-colored gloves and leg cuffs. The last one was a teen girl with pale yellow hair, starting with a tuft of bangs at the front, in a ponytail. She was wearing a pink singlet and had emerald-green eyes. Her most noticeable features, however, were her cyborg limbs, with her left arm and lower torso from the waist being cybernetic with sleek designs. She had a white glove with a pink cuff on the right.

Twilight paused as the first girl came up to her.

"I was wondering, do you happen to know Sonic?" The girl asked.

"Sonic, yes I do. He's one of my friends and a part of the resistance we have against Eggman." Twilight responded. "Do you know him?"

Before the girl could respond, Silver flew up to where Twilight was.

"Twilight, I've managed to free the other prisoners." He informed her. He then noticed the people she was talking to. "Who are they?"

"My name is Sally Acorn." The girl answered. "My friends here are Rotor, Antoine and Bunnie. We're the Knothole Freedom Fighters."

Hearing the name Freedom Fighters made Silver's eyes light up along with Twilight.

"Wait, Freedom Fighters?!" Silver repeated, which made Sally nod. "Then you guys are Sonic's old team!"

Sally nodded with a smile while Antoine rolled his eyes.

"It's not just his team." He muttered under his breath. "Are you a fan?"

"Eh, sort of." Silver explained, not sure if he should mention the whole 'time travel' thing."

"I remember. Amy mentioned you were captured by Eggman after he took over your city." Twilight recalled.

"Yes, his army was unbeatable that day." Rotor said, as he hung his head. "We were held in one of the bases on the ground. But a few days ago, we were transported to the Death Egg along with the other prisoners."

"How is Amy? Is she ok?" Sally asked.

"She's doing fine. She met up with us and has been a huge help for our resistance." Silver explained. "We weren't going to give up, no matter what Eggman threw at us."

"We held out for six months until we found Sonic. Since then, we've been making progress and have found a way to beat Eggman. Which is why we're here to take down the Death Egg and free all of you." Twilight added.

Hearing this news caused the Freedom's Fighter's face to light up with hope and joy. Sally in particular almost seemed shocked.

"Then that means..Sonic's alive!" She happily stated.

"What a relief! It's also good to hear of this resistance. We were afraid Eggman might've won for good. Great to hear y'all still kept fightin'." Bunnie said.

Hearing Bunnie's accent made Twilight somewhat perplexed, which she noticed.

"Was it somethin' ah said?" She asked her.

"No, it's just that you remind me of a friend." Twilight told her.

"I think we can save the catching up for later. If you have a job to do, we should move as fast as we can." Rotor suggested.

"Rotor's right." Sally agreed. "You two know the way?"

"Of course. Follow us and we'll get you all out of here." Silver promised.

With the prisoners and the Freedom Fighters behind them, Silver and Twilight escaped the holding cell using a long connecting bridge. They traversed crossover for a while and were led into a large room. It housed a massive orb with black rings orbiting around it. This made everyone stop in their tracks to look up at the sight.

"This must be the Death Egg's power generator." Rotor deduced, somewhat impressed with what he saw.

"To take the Death Egg out once and for all, I guess we need to take it out. But it's size is unbelievable. Even with our powers, Silver and I are going to have trouble destroying something that big." Twilight said, feeling a little overwhelmed by the thought of the task.

"Not to worry. You won't have to do it alone." Bunnie said with a grin.

Bunnie's left arm then transformed into a laser cannon,much to Silver's surprise and Twilight's fascination. She then aimed at the enormous sphere and began to charge up a pink laser. She then fired the shot.

However, Bunnie's shot didn't hit the generator. Instead, 3 red missiles hit it, creating an explosion. Everyone else looked on, confused by what happened.

"Who did that?!" Bunnie cried.

Heading towards the large group was an Eggman robot decorated as a police officer. Its design reflected that of a blue and black uniform and a white motorcycle helmet with a red siren on top. It had two yellow straps crossing over on its chest in an "X"-shape, with a star-shaped badge in the middle. It also possessed a microphone communicator on its helmet, red eyes, white gloves, gray-colored appendages, and blue forefeet. It was equipped with a jetpack on its back and carried a white and green rectangular prism-shaped weapon on its left arm. This robot was known as the Heavy Gunner and was floating before the heroes.

"Seriously? We're so close and so far at the same time!"Twilight said with frustration."Though I shouldn't have expected this to be too easy."

"What are we going to do? We cannot fight zis and evacuate ze prisoners at ze same time." Antoine brought up.

Silver grew a determined look and turned around to Sally.

"We don't have to. Can you and the others take the prisoners back to Twilight and mine's ship?" Silver requested. "The two of us will hold this thing off. Besides, we need to take out the generator."

"Of course. We'll find it."Sally agreed. She then turned around to her teammates.

"We focus on getting these people out of here. We'll leave the fighting to these two. Let's move!" Sally ordered.

Sally and the Freedom Fighters then began to organize the prisoners while Silver and Twilight floated up to the Heavy Gunner to get its attention.

"You want them? You'll have to deal with us first!" Silver announced.

"We won't let you stop us!" Twilight followed up.

In response to their claims, the Heavy Gunner charged up its bazooka and instantly fired two rounds of missiles. The speed at which it fired briefly caught Silver and Twilight off guard but they managed to fly out of harm's way. The Gunner wasn't done yet. It then began to fire missile after missile, trying to hit its foes. This placed Silver and Twilight on the offensive as they soared around the room to avoid getting hit. During the confusion, the Freedom Fighters took the previously captured inmates and exited the room.

"Is it just me or is this robot enjoying this a bit too much?" Twilight pointed out while trying to avoid getting hit. She was also noticing how much of a frenzy the Heavy Gunner was in. It didn't seem to care that it was also hitting parts of the Death Egg.

"In that case, it's in a for a big disappointment!" Silver stated as he continued to dodge shots.

The Heavy Gunner's firing speed made it difficult for Silver or Twilight to catch a missile and throw it back as they were more focused on evading. However, the next time the Gunner released an attack, Silver saw a chance as a missile was clearly headed towards him. He then stuck his hand out.

"Ha, the doctor was a fool to use this kind of enemy against us!" He boasted.

Silver expected the missile to turn green and stop in place. Instead, green energy was dispersed around it and it kept coming towards him. He was left stupefied to why his power wasn't working.

"What? What's going?!" He wondered as he kept trying but to no avail. His tone had a frightened edge as the missile was getting closer.

The Gunner's shot was dangerously close and in an act of desperation, Silver cloaked himself in a psychic field as it hit. An explosion occurred which sent Silver crashing into a wall.

"Silver!" Twilight cried as she flew up towards him. The Heavy Gunner did a victorious salute.

Twilight came to Silver and saw he was in crater through the smoke. It hid the both of them from the Gunner for the time being. He was somewhat injured and began to grunt.

"Are you ok?" She asked him.

"I'll be fine. My psychic field reduced the damage but it still hurt." Silver explained while wincing. "I don't get it. I couldn't use my power to grab the missile."

"That is odd." Twilight agreed.

The smoke then cleared fully, giving the Heavy Gunner a good shot. It wasted no time in firing another round. Silver and Twilight formed panicked looks and flew in the opposite directions, escaping harm while a blast occurred behind them.

Using her powers, Twilight took pieces of metal of the wall and released them at the Gunner's shots, making a series of small burst. Silver created an energy knife and sliced through missiles, making them fall harmlessly to the ground. His knife went to the Heavy Gunner, who easily evaded it by flying up. Twilight then shot more debris at the Gunner, who fired a shot to disperse them. Silver took apart the rails of the bridge below and surrounded the Gunner with them. To counter this, the police robot aimed down and it blew itself higher with its cannon. It was safe from Silver's attack as a result. The Heavy Gunner then aimed its cannon, which began to charge a blue colored shot. It then unleashed two blue missiles at the psychics.

As usual, Silver and Twilight moved to avoid getting hit by the missiles. However, it didn't end there. The missiles then changed direction to where they had moved.

"Perfect. Heatseekers." Twilight groaned.

Silver and Twilight hovered around with the missiles hot on their trails. Eventually, Silver turned around to create a vertical knife to try and slice the rocket. Much to his disbelief, the missile curved to dodge and kept coming towards him.

"You've got to be kidding." He complained. He kept generating energy knives to try and hit the missile but it seemed futile.

Twilight, on the other hand, turned around and tried to her use her power on the missile. This was done in order to see why it would have no effect. She noticed an electromagnetic field flickering as her purple energy was deflected.

"I get it now. The missiles must have electromagnetic repulsers to resist our powers. Clever." Twilight deduced.

The Heavy Gunner looked on, waiting for his enemies to go 'boom."

"Silver!" Twilight called out while fleeing from the missile. "The missiles have electromagnetic repulsors! That's why our powers don't work!

"Ok!" Silver called back. "Any ideas on how to beat something like that?"

"Well, it could take a while." She answered.

Silver knew that he and Twilight couldn't offer to waste more time and he desperately tried to think of something. He then noticed the giant power generator again and this gave him an idea.

"Twilight, come to me!" He said. "I have an idea!"

Twilight followed Silver's instructions and was next to him in no time.

"Now what?" She wondered.

"Follow my lead." He told her.

Silver then flew onward, with Twilight behind him. The two missiles continued their chase as Silver lead Twilight right in front of the power generator. The heat seekers were now getting closer, which made Twilight nervous.

"Silver?" She said to her ally.

"Ok, let me try this!" Silver said as he took a hold of Twilight's arm and glew green.

Silver shut his eyes and just as the missiles were going to reach him and Twilight, he vanished in a green electric flash. This caused the missiles to collide into the power generator, making a medium size explosion on the sphere. The Heavy Gunner looked on, stunned by what happened as its eyes widened.

Silver and Twilight reappeared in a green flash. Twilight looked amazed as she turned to Silver, who seemed a bit dazed.

"What was that?" She questioned.

"Teleporting. I'm not that good at it as doing it gives me a little headache. I need more practice." He responded while holding his head.

"Well, your plan worked, good thinking." Twilight praised."Though we still have him to deal with."

The duo then faced their robotic foe, which appeared to be irritated. The Gunner's siren on its head then started to flash red and make noise, leaving Silver and Twilight stumped by this.

Suddenly, a blue police helicopter-like mecha crashed through a wall above. The Heavy Gunner flew upwards and entered the cockpit while placing its bazooka on a holder underneath. This was right next to...another launcher.

"Silver, it's getting more tenacious." Twilight said. "Are you sure you're ok after that stunt?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Silver insisted. "It'll take more than that to put me out. Let's finish this!"

The Heavy Gunner's chopper fired red missiles from both bazookas. In response, Silver and Twilight took metal from the walls and smashed them into the rockets, creating many flares around. Through the flames, Silver then emerged in front of the Heavy Gunner and began to rapid fire energy pulses. The Heavy Gunner fired missiles from one launcher to take the brunt of Silver's attack. While he was preoccupied with this, it fired another set of missiles using the left launcher. Luckily, Twilight pulled down a large sheet of metal from above to be hit instead. The force of the explosion did send her and Silver back a few feet though. The Heavy Gunner rose a few inches higher to have a better view of the resistance members. It's cannons then displayed a blue flash.

"It's going to try heat seekers again. I'm not sure if teleporting out of there is an option." Silver admitted. "Do you have any ideas now?"

"Well, to counter the pulse generated, we'd have to make a stronger one. One which could make the ones on the missiles bounce back. To do that, we'd have to use our powers." Twilight suggested. "But it's going to need to be really strong for it to work."

"Heh, that's not a problem." Silver proclaimed. "I'll take anything it throws at me!"

Silver and Twilight stood next to each other with their auras emerging. They both concentrated on building up as much energy as they could. This caused their energy shrouds to slowly grow in size. The Heavy Gunner's blue flash then began to flash more quickly until a barrage of blue missiles were shot out. The incoming assault placed Silver and Twilight on the edge, causing them to feel anxious but they stood their ground.

"Ok, ready Silver?" Twilight asked as the rockets were approaching.

"No doubt about it! Now!" Silver yelled.

Silver and Twilight spread out their arms wide and sent out their auras as a colossal green/purple psychic wave. The wave then struck the fields covering the missiles, causing them to fluctuate and tremble before all of them were spun around back to where they came. The Heavy Gunner's eyes then began to flash bright yellow, indicating it was in a state of panic. There were too many projectiles for it to evade and it was bombarded by its own weapons, creating a gigantic explosion, which also reached the Death Egg's generator. From the remains, a flaming copter emerged and crashed into the generator, setting off a chain reaction blast. A rumbling sound was heard as the Death Egg began to flash orange. Above, Silver and Twilight descended, feeling exhausted. They began to pant as they landed on the remainder of the bridge.

"Yes..."Silver tiredly said. "We...won."

Twilight looked on at the damage done to the Death Egg as metal started to fall apart and mini-explosions happened around.

"Silver...the Death Egg is starting to crumble. We have to get out of...here." Twilight explained between breaths.

Despite their tired state, the victorious rebels powered through whatever fatigue they felt and flew on as fast as they could through the decaying Death Egg. They instantly zoomed past room and room, hoping to meet up with others.


At the Death Egg's launch bay in front of the ship, The Freedom Fighters had felt the quake caused by the damage done to the power generator. The prisoners with them began to form worried looks and murmured among themselves.

"Zut alors! Ze Death Egg is starting to fall. We need to get out of here. But where are zhose two?" Antoine wondered out loud.

"I hope they're on their way." Rotor expressed. "We can't stay much longer."

Up ahead Bunnie saw two figures getting closer. It was Silver and Twilight, who were looking in pretty bad shape as they were starting to get closer and closer to the ground.

"Ah see em!" Bunnie announced.

Using the rocket booster from her legs, Bunnie quickly flew towards the fatigued heroes and caught both of them in her arms. She then flew back in front of the ship.

"Perfect! Now let's get out of here!"Sally said.

The prisoners then started to board the ship in numbers, followed by the Freedom Fighters, Silver and Twilight. The ship started it's engines and flew out of the Death Egg, which continued its destruction.


Back in the Resistance base, most of the members, save for Shadow, were back in there to regroup. They were waiting on Silver and Twilight to return.

"It's been a while since we last heard from them." Fluttershy expressed with concern.

"I hope they're all right. So far everything's been good." Rarity answered. "I'd hate for our streak of good luck to come to an end."

"I agree that the silence is concerning. We're just going to have to hope for the best." Espio cooly commented.

The doors to the base then opened, revealing Silver and Twilight, who were still feeling a bit tired. Seeing their comrades safe and sound gave everyone feelings of relief.

"Twilight!" Spike yelled as he rushed to his best friend and started licking her face. "We were worried when we didn't hear anything."

"Well, the mission just proved harder than we though." Twilight replied as Sunset came over

"About that, did you guys manage to take out the Death Egg?" She asked.

Silver nodded. "Yes. The Death Egg is done for!"

The news of the mission's success was great to hear. Looks of happiness came over everyone while Sunset hugged Twilight to congratulate her.

"Yes!" Knuckles cheered with a fist. "That means we can beat the Phantom Ruby!"

"Great work, you two!" Sonic praised.

"By the way, we also found some old friends of yours." Silver added as he faced Sonic.

Shortly after Silver spoke, the 4 Freedom Fighters entered the room. This made Sonic, Tails, Amy and Manic astounded to see their old friends who they hadn't seen in a while. Likewise, the Freedom Fighters were feeling the same way.

"Sally?" Sonic uttered.

"Sonic..you really are ok." Sally replied, amazed to see him personally.

"Sally! Everyone! I'm so glad you're all ok!" Amy shrieked as she ran and gave Sally a huge hug. "After you were all captured, I was just so..."

"It's nice to see you too, Amy." Sally grunted. Her grip was tight

"Rotor, great to see you man."Manic greeted as he and Tails approached him. He then shook both of their hands.

"I'm just glad to finally be out of that cell." Rotor replied.

"And I'm glad you held out for so long. So you were all on the Death Egg?" Tails inquired.

"Not at first. We got taken there a few days back." Rotor explained. "Eggman moved all his prisoners there for extra security."

"And we now know it was cuz you managed to get out, sugah." Bunnie told Sonic as she put her arms on his shoulders. "We just didn't know what to do when we heard you were gone. Antoine took it pretty hard."

Sonic looked over to Antoine, who was trying to avoid eye contact.

"Aw, didn't know you cared that much, twan?"Sonic teased.

"Well, now I remember not that much." Antoine dryly said.

The remaining members of the resistance looked on. It was nice to see this reunion of friends.

Amy then let go of Sally, which allowed her to get a good look around at the Resistance headquarters

"So, this the base for your...resistance?" Sally questioned.

"Yeah. We've been holding out for all this time under my leadership." Knuckles explained as he came to Sally. "Good to see you, Sally."

"You? Didn't think you were the leader type." Sally commented.

"Shows he isn't always a knucklehead."Rouge joked in the back, which made Knuckles sigh slightly.

Sally and the other Freedom Fighters looked on to see the rest of the Resistance, mainly the Rainbooms.

"I see you've put together quite a new team while we were gone." Rotor stated.

"Yeah, we're kind of a big deal." Rainbow Dash pridefully said as she put her arms back.

"Hi! I'm Pinkie Pie!" Pinkie quickly said as she came up in Antoine's face, startling him. She then quickly moved around the others. "What are your names? Where are you from? What kind of parties do you like? What's your favorite kind of frosting?!

The Freedom Fighters were put back by Pinkie's eagerness. Before she could ask further, AppleJack put her hand over her mouth.

"Sorry. She gets like that around new people." She explained.

Sunset walked to Sally to formally introduce herself.

"My name is Sunset Shimmer." She said. "The ones who saved you are Silver and Twilight Sparkle. Sonic's mentioned his old friends before. Nice to finally meet you."

"Same to you." Sally said as she faced Sonic with a smile. "I need to thank you all for fighting while we were imprisoned."

"Well, I'd say this a nice bonus." Vector spoke up. "With the Freedom Fighter's extra help, we should be able to take down Eggman's fortress with no problem!

"Yeah!" Charmy cheered.

"Vector's right! Eggman doesn't stand a chance now!" Silver agreed.

The Freedom Fighers formed somber looks, which everyone noticed.

"Guys? What's up?" Sonic wondered.

"Sonic, as much as that does sound like a good idea, we had..other plans." Bunnie started.

"With Eggman's army beginning to weaken, this means his grip on his territory is starting to loosen. That includes places like Knothole." Rotor added.

"You mean you plan to leave now? But you were just freed." Amy protested.

"We know Amy. But Knothole needs us now. We have to go there." Sally elaborated.

Amy looked disappointed but she knew Sally had a point.

"No worries. We get it." Sonic said as he and Sally were face to face. "You do what you gotta do." He then gave Sally the thumbs up.

"Sonic's right. We can still pull this off without your help." Tails reassured.

"In that case. Good luck." Sally said. "And take Eggman down."

The Freedom Fighters then began to exit the room. As they did, Sally looked back at Sonic, giving him a nod that she was counting on him and the others to fix everything.