• Published 15th Nov 2017
  • 2,812 Views, 119 Comments

Sonic and EQG Forces - SonicAKG

  • ...
11
 119
 2,812

Operation Big Wave

While Sonic was dealing with Shadow in the city, the resistance members were waiting around at the base for their next move. Just then, the doors opened, revealing a very enthusiastic Knuckles, who wore a very large grin on his face.

"What's with the new look, Knuckles?" Pinkie questioned. "Normally, when you come in, you usually have a face like this."

Pinkie changed her expression to that of a solemn and stern face to prove her point.

"That's because I've got some important intel. Everyone listen up!" Knuckles began as he was now the center of attention. "I just received word that Eggman's forces are underhanded at his base in Metropolis! Do you know what this means?!"

"He must be sending them out for another part of his plan." Espio said. "That means...his defenses will be considerably weaker."

"And which gives us a chance to take the city." AppleJack realized as her eyes widened.

"Exactly!" Knuckles stated. "That's why for our next move, I've decided that we're going to launch a full assault on Metropolis. It's called Operation Big Wave."

Hearing Knuckle's plan was a complete shock to the resistance. No one was expecting such a bold plan

"Sounds good to me." Silver agreed as he clenched his fist. "It's about time we take the fight to Eggman."

"Silver's right. With this attack, we can end this war in just a day!" Rainbow Dash eagerly said.

"A full frontal assault?" Sunset said with some doubt. "I'm not sure Knuckles. It's pretty risky to launch all our forces in just one strike."

"I know it's a big risk, but this could be our only chance to deal a major blow to Eggman." Knuckles responded. "Sonic's fighting Shadow, but we can't let him do everything for us. We've survived so long without him and I'm proud to stand with all you. There's no one else I'd rather be with to pull this off."

Knuckle's word of confidence began to boost the morale in the room as everyone turned to each other. He did have a point. They had already made this far and this looked like a good opportunity to strike.

"That was beautiful Knux." Vector complimented. "Now I'm ready to give Eggman a beatdown."'

Tails thought over Knuckle's idea as he placed his finger on his chain.

"Even with Eggman being underhanded, we are still outnumbered, but a quick strike wouldn't be bad." Tails pointed out.

"Eggman also wouldn't see it coming. If we spread out and attack the right places, he wouldn't have time to react." Twilight added.

"Then let's get going!" Rainbow Dash cheered. "Besides, all 7 of the Rainbooms are here and whenever we're together, we always win!"

"It's settled! Let's go people! We have a world to save!" Knuckles commanded as he raised his fist in the air."

The resistance members scattered around the room as they prepared to launch the attack. Sunset, on the other hand, held her arm. Knuckle's had just ordered for all their forces to attack metropolis, herself included. She would be going out in the field for the first time and it was a huge mission. But she had to do this. She wasn't going to leave her friends to do something this dangerous on their form. She formed a look of confidence and stood up straight, ready to join in on the action. As everyone else was still getting ready, Knuckles noticed Sunset and began to approach her.

"Oh, Sunset. Since you're joining us, you should take this." He said as he handed her an object.

Sunset looked to see that it was a red weapon that shaped like a fireball. It was held together by several black nozzles attached to a white barrel and had 3 holes on the front. It featured a black handle on the back for a comfortable grip.

"What's this?" Sunset questioned as she looked on with curiosity.

"It's a Wispon. Tails was working on it before he left us. He and Twilight made the finishing touches on the latest model when they got here." Knuckles elaborated. "It's a weapon based on the Wisp after studying them. It harnesses their energy and channels it without transforming your body. This is the first one."

Sunset took the Wispon from Knuckles and held it awkwardly. She had never used a weapon before, but there was a first time for everything.

"Thanks, Knuckles. Let's do this." Sunset said with conviction as Knuckles nodded.

Knuckles walked on ahead and before Sunset could follow, Pinkie suddenly appeared in front of her.

"Pinkie, whatever you need to tell me, I'm sure it can wait. We're kind of in the middle of something really important." Sunset quickly said, knowing how distracting her friend could be.

"But I actually do have something really important to tell you." Pinkie protested, which made Sunset raise an eyebrow.

"Important important or Pinkie important?" Sunset dryly questioned.

"Important important!" Pinkie promised as she reached into her pocket and pulled out the jewel she had picked up earlier, which caught Sunset's eye.

"Wow. Where did you get that?" Sunset said in a quizzical tone.

"I found it at the Mystic Jungle." Pinkie answered. "I didn't know what it was and I figured you might as it might've come from Equestria."

Sunset took the gem from Pinkie's hand to get a closer look at it as she held it up.

"I don't think it's anything Equestrian. I don't feel any magic coming from it." Sunset said. "I've never seen anything like it before."

Sunset eyes gazed into the gem's pulsing color. Its appearance was so mesmerizing and Sunset could feel herself losing her train of thought by just staring at it.

"Hey, everyone! We're moving out now!" Sunset and Pinkie heard Knuckles say, which snapped the former back to reality. The two of them looked to see the others heading out.

"Oh, we should get going." Sunset said as she placed the gem in her pocket. "Come on, Pinkie."

Sunset and Pinkie were the last ones to head out as the Resistance moved forward with their operation.


Eggman's capital in Metropolis was a magnificent and pristine but at the same time, sterile white city. It had geometric themes all over its construction along with various skyscrapers, each having a different design. Numerous large video screens and see-through highways covered the entire city along with orb shaped sentries and hover cars flying around. The sky was clear and blue but also littered with dozens of large white cruisers as the Resistance launched their attack on Eggman's headquarters. From the ships, members poured out of them as they flooded the city and engaged with Eggman's forces. From the main ship, Sunset flew from it and headed towards the action. She looked around as the battle was raging on with clouds of black smoke emerging to showcase this. This was kind of overwhelming but she didn't let that bother her.

"All right, everyone, Operation Big Wave is underway. Sweep the enemy out!" Knuckles commanded over the comms.

"Let's crush em!" Pinkie eagerly said in a deep voice.

"I don't even know where to start." Sunset lamented as she landed on a highway.

Sunset looked in front of her and noticed a few Egg Pawns heading her way.

"Well, I guess this is a good place." She said. Sunset then looked down at her Wispon.

"Ok, let's see what this can do." She added with curiosity.

Sunset aimed the Wispon in front of her with both hands and pulled the trigger. When she did, she closed her eyes, expecting some kind of recoil. Instead, a large stream of flames emerged from her weapon and collided with the robots, making them explode instantly. Sunset opened her eyes and saw burned robot parts in front of her, leaving her quite surprised.

"Wow, this thing is the real deal." Sunset commented with amazement. She then looked up to see her path was free. Having defeated those robots made Sunset slightly more confident and she pressed on ahead in the city.


From his headquarters, which was in a large white skyscraper in the center of the city, Eggman observed the Resistance's attack via a screen while he was seated in his Eggmobile. He looked on as he placed his fingers together.

"Those idiots! Do they really think they can beat me like this? I'll crush them an instant!" The Doctor declared as he clenched his fist.


Outside, Sunset was traveling across another highway as a legion of Egg Pawns blocked her path. Sunset activated her Wispon and blew all of them apart with a large blast of fire, leaving her free to go on ahead.

"This isn't so hard." Sunset realized. "I'm getting the hang of this Wispon."

Sunset flew on the highway and as she did, she encountered a series of laser turrets placed alongside it that quickly activated. Red beams then headed her way, which made Sunset gasp and she floated above in order to avoid getting hit. She then saw that she was at the end of the path and flew out between the buildings.

While Sunset was soaring through the sky, she heard a faint distortion sound coming from behind her, which made her raise an eyebrow. As soon as she turned to see the source of it, she saw Infinite flying next to her, which made Sunset let out a small gasp as her entire body filled with panic. When she heard that Eggman's forces were undermanned, she assumed he had left Metropolis as well. Infinite's gaze then met her's and she felt as if she was paralyzed. Before she could do anything, Infinite burst ahead in a magenta aura.

"Infinite! Activate the Phantom Ruby and make them regret coming here!" Eggman demanded, which was heard throughout speakers in the city.

Infinite raised his hand and red sphere appeared in it. Suddenly, a large distortion sound was heard as a pink wave covered the entire city, making everything inverted in the same color. Sunset found herself completely frozen in place mid-air. She couldn't even scream. She then felt herself being slowly turned upside down and everything returned to normal colors. However, Sunset was now heading upwards, as if gravity didn't even exist.

"Woahhhhhh!" She cried as she couldn't stop herself from going up.

As she was doing is, on her sides, Sunset saw two giant monstrous clones of Infinite which were lanky and menacing looking like a serpent. Sunset formed a look of horror as the color drained from her face.

"Everyone, stay calm! This has to be some kind of trick!" Knuckles said in an attempt to reassure his soldiers.

Sunset heard the sound of buildings tumbling and then screams of panic while she landed on an upside down platform. She frantically looked around, clearly frightened by everything that was happening.

"That doesn't seem like a trick to me!" Manic yelled over the comms.

"Those monsters....they're everywhere!" Rarity cried out. "We can't find a place for cover!"

"Our troops are scattered in a panic! We-AHHHH!" One soldier yelled before he was cut off, much to Sunset's dismay.

"Unbelievable! We had our troops all organized and now it's all ruined!" Silver stated.

"Darn! Isn't there anything we can do?!" Rainbow Dash said with frustration. "Everyone's going crazy! We're stuck!"

"What's going on?! How did this happen?!" Fluttershy cried out in panic.

"It must be that Phantom Ruby Infinite was talking about!"Tails deduced. "He was talking about it's power earlier!"

Sunset was completely lost for words. Their operation had failed before it could even advance. She could feel the same dread which she felt during the day she met Infinite creeping up on her as she was stunned by all that had just happened. Sunset then crouched down behind a block as lasers fired in her way, which hit the block instead of her.

"What was I thinking?! This was a terrible mistake!" Sunset shouted to herself as she shut her eyes tight. "I....I'm scared! Infinite's too strong! I...I don't know what to do!"

Sunset continued to hear the chaos going down beneath her and the various cries for help that the Resistance soldiers shouted. It made her think back to the time in the city where she was trying to save the people and had failed because of her fear. She had felt terrible for letting all those people down because she always wanted to help if she can. She had never wanted to feel like that again. Sunset looked down at her Wispon and realized something as her eyes widened out loud. Since she was here, she was in a position to help. She couldn't let any more people down no matter how she felt. Sunset gripped her Wispon tightly and took a deep breath.

"The Resistance needs me. No more running." She said to herself in order to gain confidence. "I can do this....I have to do this!"

Sunset forced herself to rise up and float over the incoming barrage of laser turrets in front of her. She then headed across the pathway, though it was difficult due to being upside down. She felt herself beginning to feel dizzy as the blood rushed to her head but she tried her hardest to shrug it off. Before she could get any further, one of Infinite's clones brought it's hand down and smashed the path in front of her as rubble fell beneath her, stopping Sunset in her tracks.

"I need to find another way or otherwise, I'll be wide out in the open." Sunset said. She looked ahead and saw a path inside one of the buildings.

Thinking quickly, she flew straight towards it and entered the building. Sunset saw Eggman robot's shaped like snakes as they emerged from hatches and fired energy shots at her as soon as she entered. Sunset managed to maneuver past their attacks and unleashed a burst of flames from her Wispon, clearing the path and she continued on ahead. She reached the end of the wall and just as she was about to move, she heard the same distortion sound as another pink wave covered the area. Sunset then saw that gravity was back to normal as she was right side up and landed on the floor beneath her.

"Thank goodness." She said with relief. "I don't know how much longer I could have gone through that."

Sunset moved through the building and was greeted by more of Eggman's robots. While she moved left to left., Sunset used her Wispon as a flamethrower, blowing her enemies to bits. She then jumped down towards a lower pathway. When she was there, she saw laser turrets beginning to charge up beams. Sunset moved to a lower place on the path in order to avoid contact with the beams once they fired. When they were finished, she hurried on ahead and flew out of the building.

Sunset was covered in a pink wave as the distortion sound was heard once more and she froze again. This time, gravity was turned on its side and she was now on the side of a building.

"Oh, come on! Can this guy make up his mind?!" Sunset expressed with annoyance.

Sunset flew from the building she was on towards another one and began to scale it. From the top, various laser turrets fired rays at her, but she moved from side to side and was kept out of harm's way as she headed towards the top. Above her, she noticed a dozen resistance ships.

"Eagle Squad here, we're caught in the enemy crossfire!" A soldier yelled over the coms.

"Snake Squad, we need backup!" Another one requested.

"This is Fox Squad, we can't hold out much longer!" Another soldier cried.

"We've lost about 80 percent of our forces and are gradually losing contact with rest!" Amy announced.

"That many?! Is there anyone left?!" Twilight wondered.

"I'm still out here, Twilight."Sunset responded as she reached the top of the building. "I'm ok. I'm moving through the city!"

"At least some of us are still holding it together. We were totally unprepared for this!" Vector stated.

"Sunset, get yerself to safety!" AppleJack urged. "Things are getting worse!"

Sunset looked down from above and saw the entire thing as soldiers were fleeing and explosions happened everywhere along with Infinite's clone's wreaking havoc. AppleJack was right, the situation was dire. But she still couldn't give up.

Sunset found herself caught in a pink wave again as the distortion sound occurred. This time, gravity was back to normal. Sunset continued to fly across the city and as she was, one of Infinite's clone brought its hand down and destroyed the bridge in front of her, blocking her path. Before the clone saw her, Sunset quickly flew towards her right and found another path instead. She narrowly avoided another hit from one of Infinite's clones while doing so.

"We can't go on like this. We're getting wiped out." Knuckles groaned.

""We were too ambitious. We should've figured Eggman would plan for an attack like this." Silver begrudgingly stated.

"Knuckles is right. It's too much for us to handle." Twilight agreed. "What should be our next course of action?!"

"It's hard to admit but the wise thing to do would retreat with what we have." Espio suggested.

"Everyone run!" Charmy shouted.

"Arghhh! I hate running away...but we have no choice!" Rainbow Dash said with great reluctance.

Sunset heard everything. She agreed with Espio that retreating was the best thing they could do. It was either that or stay and be wiped out.

"Everyone, tell the soldiers to fall back and head for the ships. Grab anyone you can find!" Sunset instructed while she fired a row of fire towards the Egg Pawns on the path she was moving across.

"You heard her! Move it, people!" Pinkie screeched.

Sunset flew as the path led her to an interior section and then she was outside again. The path in front of her was covered with laser turrets that immediately fired but Sunset rose above to safety and made her way across.

"So much for Operation BigWave......" Knuckles said in a distraught, melancholic voice. "Everyone.....I...I'm sorry....."

"Don't blame yourself, Knuckles. You couldn't have known this would happen." Amy told him.

"Besides, we're not done yet. We can still regroup with what we have." Rarity added.

Sunset continued to fly on the highway. As she did, little did she know that Infinite was watching her every move.


Infinite observed all the destruction around him while on a highway as he folded his arms. The pillars of rising smoke, the cries of anguish as the Resistance's attack had failed....it pleased him. All of this was because of him. It was a symbol of his strength.

"Look at them, they're nothing compared to me. They're just waiting to be crushed." He gloated. "Though I must admit, I am still curious to see if this world can still offer me a real challenge."

Infinite heard steps and he turned to see Sunset walking along the highway, looking around for any ship she could hop on.

"I wonder where the nearest ship is?" She said out loud. She then stopped in her tracks as she saw Infinite right in front of her and caught her breath.

"Well well, how unexpected." Infinite said as he was now directly staring at Sunset. He remembered her. She was the girl who ran away from him in the city a few months back.

Sunset couldn't move. Infinite, the one who had scared her so badly, was here with her. Not one of the illusions he made, the real deal. She felt her breathing get louder and deeper as she began to slowly back away, remembering their last encounter.

Before Sunset could go anywhere, Infinite appeared just a few inches from her face in a red flash. He then leaned near her ear.

"What are you going to do now, girl?"Infinite questioned in a belittling tone. "Are you going to run away again or did you come here to die by my hand."

Infinite then raised his hand and clenched his fist, making Sunset backup. She had no answer, clearly spooked. Honestly, her body was screaming 'run'.

"Don't let that masked clown get the better of you. Move on and don't let your fear get in your head." She suddenly recalled Sonic telling her. Being reminded of Sonic's words calmed her down a bit.

"You'll have your time to shine." The memory of Sonic continued.

Sunset clenched her fist tightly. She wouldn't let her doubt get the better of her again. She couldn't be afraid of Infinite forever. He was right in front of her and now was a good time as ever to face her fear. Besides, she had already resolve earlier not to let anyone down ever again. And she always kept her promises.

"No. I'm not going to run. Not ever again." Sunset answered, filled with conviction and standing her ground.

"What?" Infinite asked as if he didn't hear right.

"My friends have helped me get to this point and I won't turn my back on them!" She insisted.

"Friends? They mean nothing. Just an illusion. The only one you can rely on in this world is your self and your own strength." Infinite retorted.

"You're wrong." Sunset shot back. "My friends are the reason why I'm not going to be afraid of you anymore."

Infinite noticed the look on Sunset's face had changed, her fear washed away. He was slightly surprised that her fear of him was changing before this surprise turned to irritation. She, someone insignificant, was mocking him by not being afraid. He couldn't let this slide.

"Fine, it seems like you need to learn your place." Infinite replied as he closed his fist. "It seems you've forgotten how terrifying I am. Allow me to remind you."

Infinite's body began to glow red along with the scar on his mask as he rose in the air and looked down at Sunset, who gripped her Wispon tight.

"(Ok, Sunset, here he comes.)"She thought to herself.

Infinite started by firing a red beam that startled Sunset but missed her, landing a few inches away.

"Oops. Bad shot." Infinite said in a mocking tone, which made Sunset give him a glare.

"Stop messing with me!" She demanded, which made Infinite adjust his mask.

"Well, since you requested it." Infinite responded.

In his hands, Infinite generated two red energy spheres, which he immediately tossed towards Sunset, who flew to avoid them. Now that Sunset was mid-air, Infinite began to fire a series of red shots at her, putting her on the defensive as she flew around in order to avoid being hit. She continued to evade his attacks for a while until she noticed she had a clear shot. Sunset aimed her Wispon and unleashed a surge of flames at Infinite. However, Infinite raised his hand and when the fire touched it, the torrent split into two, leaving Infinite unscathed.

"What was that supposed to do?!" He cackled, which made Sunset grit her teeth.

Infinite flicked his wrist, creating the familiar distortion sound and two waves of energy cubes were sent out towards Sunset. Sunset backed away and began to flee throughout the area as the cubes began to pursue her.

"I knew you'd run." Infinite taunted. "It's only natural. The weak die and the strong survive!"

The cubes continued to chase Sunset, who was still on her guard. She flew around until she was directly across from Infinite. Suddenly, she stopped flying and turned to face the incoming homing shots. Sunset brought up her Wispon with both hands and pulled the trigger, setting out another burst of flames that blast through the cubes and covered Infinite before he had any chance to react. She lowered the Wispon and began to pant, hoping that did at least something.

Infinite emerged from the flames, his body giving off a bit smoke, which he simply dusted off.

"Clever." He complimented. "But, you're not the only creative one around here."

Sunset suddenly heard the distortion sound below her and she looked down to see an entire wall of red cubes burst from the ground. It was too late as she was completely covered by the cubes. Sunset then felt a strong pressure all over her body as her ears began to ring with the distortion sound and everything turned red.

"Wh-what's happening?!" She screamed as she shut her eyes tight and covered her eyes due to the sensation.


Sunset no longer heard the loud noise in her ears, which surprised her. She slowly opened her eyes to see that she wasn't in Metropolis anymore, though everything around her had a red filter, including the sky. Much to her shock, she was standing in front of Canterlot High, completely restored.

"CHS?!" She exclaimed. "But that's impossible. It was destroyed during the attack on the city."

Sunset began to walk to the school in order to get a better look until she heard a loud rumbling sound coming from behind her. She turned around to see a familiar pile of brambles emerging from the ground. Sunset looked up and saw someone she never expected to see again...Gaia Everfree, who was descending towards her.

"Gloriosa?! That can't be! We turned you back to normal at Camp Everfree. You shouldn't be here!" Sunset yelled.

Gaia Everfree said nothing and simply floated in front of Sunset. She then noticed a white tear in reality on her left and turned her attention towards it. Emerging from it were two black wings, which suddenly expanded as the tear shattered into glass-like pieces everywhere to reveal Midnight Sparkle, who turned to Sunset with a crazed grin.

"Midnight Sparkle?!" She cried in disbelief. "No, Twilight got rid of you! I was there! This doesn't make any sense!"

Sunset then recognized the sound of an alluring song on her right and she looked to now see that the 3 Dazzlings in their ponied up forms along with their siren avatars had appeared before her. Their eyes were glowing red as they gave Sunset an intense glare, who was stupefied by their presence.

"The Dazzlings?! What is this?!" She questioned.

Sunset was now surrounded by her former enemies, who began to circle her and get closer with threatening looks, making her take a few steps back.

"There's no way I can fight them all off on my own." She said to herself. "I need to think of a plan."

Sunset looked back at CHS and decided that if she went in there, maybe she formulate a way out this. She quickly turned around and sprinted towards the entrance of the school. However, before she reached the doors, a giant black fireball crashed down into the school, creating an explosion that blew Sunset to the ground. She then looked, mortified to see her beloved school burning before her very eyes.

"No!" She shrieked. "CHS is..."

Sunset was caught off as she noticed a figure emerging from the flaming wreckage. When she realized who it was, she was totally appalled. Rising from the fire was...her! She was in the she-demon form that she had transformed into at the Fall Formal. Sunset's demon self looked at her with a sinister sneer.

"This can't be happening. This can't." Sunset slowly said as she began to crawl back from her doppelganger. She then turned around and saw her other enemies blocking any means of escape and looked back to her counterpart. She was totally surrounded and helpless as the group of foes were getting closer and closer, all of them bearing wicked grins. She felt her fear rising and began to despair, thinking there was nothing she could do.....Sunset's thoughts then turned to her friends. She thought of them in the city, desperately fighting off Eggman forces despite their plan having failed. They weren't going to let themselves fall right there.

"(No! I can't give up.)" She forced herself to think as she began to rise from the ground and stand her ground, courage replacing her fear. "(I can't let them stop me here! I don't care if they outnumber me. My friends are fighting a hopeless battle right now and they need me! I will always be there for them!)"

Sunset stood tall and stared each of the enemies from her past. As she did, her body began to glow with an orange hue, her magic activating. At the same time, a large pink glow emerged from her pocket, which she didn't notice. It gem gave off a reddish-white flash and everything froze as the 4 villains coming towards Sunset stopped moving. The entire area turned the same color as the distortion Infinite made from earlier when he twisted gravity.


Immediately afterward, everything became to fade away, leaving a very confused Sunset as she looked around. She was now back in the city with Infinite floating above her.

"I'm in the city?" She said with astonishment. "Or maybe....... I never left it at all."

"What?!" Infinite nearly yelled in an incredulous tone as he saw that Sunset was perfectly fine. "That's impossible! You shouldn't have been able to withstand that!"

Sunset then turned to Infinite with a glare.

"I'm not sure what just happened either." She confessed. "But maybe I can find out!"

Sunset quickly flew towards a still surprised Infinite and grabbed a hold of his arm as fast as she could. Her eyes turned white as she prepared to read his mind in order to uncover the truth about what happened or maybe Eggman's plan. Instead, a red surge of electricity was suddenly sent through her body.

"Ahhh!" Sunset cried due to the pain of being electrocuted. She has then blown away towards the floor away from Infinite. It was now difficult for her to remain conscious as she struggled to rise from the ground.

"Foolish girl, did you really think you could read my mind?" Infinite said as he tapped his temple. "It looks like I was worried about you for nothing. You must've simply gotten lucky, that's all. In two days, your luck is going to run out. I'll leave you to contemplate the inevitable."

Infinite then headed away, leaving an injured Sunset to pick herself up from the floor and held her arm.

"Urgh...just what are they planning exactly?" She muttered to herself. Sunset then saw a Resistance airship appear before her shortly after.

"Sunset, what are you doing?! Let's go!" Rainbow Dash urged from an entrance on the side. She then motioned for her to come.

Sunset was still feeling sore but used all of her remaining strength to levitate and fly towards the ship's entrance. As soon as she got inside, the door closed and the airship rose higher into the air and sped off at full speed along with the other ships.