• Published 15th Nov 2017
  • 2,812 Views, 119 Comments

Sonic and EQG Forces - SonicAKG

  • ...
11
 119
 2,812

Plans unveiled

Tails, Twilight and Spike were wandering in the Green Hill. However, this area was different from the others as aside from the sand replacing the waterfalls and lakes, it appeared to be undamaged. Tails looked down at the readings from his Miles Electric.

"According to these readings, Eggman is close." Tails stated. "This perfect. Once we get to him, we can take him down and end this war."

Tails prepared to move along ahead but he felt Twilight's hand on his arm, causing him to turn to her.

"Tails, I think we should have some kind of plan." Twilight began. "I understand you blame yourself for what happened to Sonic and want to make it up, but we need to be smart. If Eggman has that monster with him, we can't rush into a fight that we can't win."

Tails looked down at the ground, taking in Twilight's words. She was right. He was letting what happened to Sonic cloud his judgment and that wasn't going to do any good in a situation like this.

"You're right, Twilight. Getting ourselves beaten isn't going to solve anything." Tails agreed. "I'm glad you're here to snap me back to reality."

Twilight beamed. "Anytime."

"So, what is our next move then?" Spike asked.

"Well, if we catch up to Eggman, we should lay low. See if we can find out the secret to that new power of his. Once we know that, it could give us the edge." Tails explained. "Let's move, we can't let Eggman get away.

The three of them then began to move across the Green Hill. As they did, Twilight took the time to admire the location. It looked relatively peaceful and the scenery was a nice change of pace from all the wreckage she had come across.

"I have to say, this place is beautiful. No wonder Sonic liked running here so much." Twilight said out loud.

"This looks like the perfect area to chase some squirrels." Spike added, his tail wagging at the thought.

Tails then smiled after hearing their comments. "I'm glad you like this place. It's good to see at least one area isn't ruined. But we can't let our guard down. According to my Miles Electric, there are still enemies in the region......"

The trio reached a bridge and as they moved past it, they were suddenly surprised by 3 red piranha robots jumping out towards them from below. Twilight screamed outloud as she tumbled back as Tails took Spike and jumped ahead.

"Like that." Tails finished as he and Spike turned back to Twilight.

When the robots came down, Twilight encased them in a purple aura and sent them back from where they came. She then wiped her brow.

"As long as they don't jump us like that anymore, I think I handle this." Twilight said as she rejoined her companions.

The small team continued through Green Hill, encountering enemies along the way. Tails activated his arm cannon and shot any enemy that in his path while Twilight flung them away with her powers. They then traversed down a lower path, dispatching any Eggman robots that came after them. The path then took them upward to a series of moving landmasses. The three of them managed to get by it with no problem thanks to Twilight levitating them with her telekinesis and they safely reached the next part. In front of them was a small kind of tunnel.

"Ok, for this part, either you might have a lot of fun or lose your lunch." Tails cautioned as he slipped through the tube. Twilight and Spike both turned to each other, his words not exactly encouraging, but they had no time to lose. Spike leaped into the tunnel, leaving only Twilight behind. After some hesitation, she took a deep breath and entered the passageway.

Twilight was rolling at high speed through an S-shaped tube. It was like going through a water slide, but much, much faster. The sensation was insane.

"Woaaaaah!" Twilight yelled as continued through the tube and was suddenly flung outward in the air, but she floated down with no problem thanks to her ability to fly. She saw a bridge in front of her alongside Tails and Spike.

"That was awesome!" Spike happily said. "When this whole thing is over, can we come back here and do this again?"

Tails and Twilight chuckled in response to Spike's request.

"I'd love to, Spike." Twilight said with a small laugh.

Tails, Twilight and Spike moved along the bridge through a drier area of Green Hill, which brought them upwards to the more grassier part. In the background, they noticed Green Hill was covered by a desert with a pyramid in the background.

"Well, so much for Eggman not ruining this place." Tails said in an annoyed manner.

"This must've wrecked havoc on the eco-system of this place." Twilight deduced.

While the small group continued in Green Hill, the platforms they moved on suddenly started to break beneath them, nearly causing Tails and Spike to fall below to a series of spikes. Luckily, Twilight reacted quickly and managed to catch them in purple aura's. Spike looked down at the sharp objects below and gulped.

"I thought this area was supposed to be a peaceful landscape. Why does it have so many dangerous things?" He wondered as Tails shrugged.

Twilight carried herself and her friends to another platform, in which they found another small tube to move through, much to Spike's pleasure. After the three of went through it, they entered another tube, which released them on an upward path. At this point, Twilight was starting to feel a little dizzy, but she shook it off.

A series of different Eggman robots greeted the trio upon their arrival. Twilight brought down a row of debris in order to block the shots that were fired by the mechas. Due to this, Tails was able to release three wind up bombs shaped like mice towards the enemies and when they got close enough, three explosions were heard. The group was unaffected due to Twilight using the debris as a barrier. Once the enemies were dealt with, the team moved on ahead as Twilight moved the debris away. They then approached a long wooden bridge.

"Eggman's signal is closer." Tails said before he turned back to his partners. "Be careful."

Twilight and Spike nodded and they followed Tails across the bridge. As soon as they did, they were bombarded by an entire row of piranha robots jumping out towards them. Startled, Twilight threw her hands in front of herself and managed to stop all of them from moving forward before she threw them down below as Tails and Spike looked on. She then took in a long deep breath.

"I hate that!" She complained.

"Well, you did a great job taking care of them." Tails stated. "Let's get moving.


Tails, Twilight and Spike then moved deeper into Green Hill. The signal on Tail's Miles Electric beeped more rapidly as they approached a few large rocks. From them, they saw Eggman in his Eggmobile floating and he was talking down to Infinite. Seeing this made Tail's eyes widen.

"It's him! He's the one who beat Sonic!" Tails said in a loud whisper as he, Twilight and Spike knelt down below the rocks.

"Let's listen to what they're saying. Maybe we can hear something interesting."Twilight suggested.

Infinite crushed a magenta gem in his hands as the pieces fell to the floor.

"That's the last of the Phantom Ruby experiments, doctor." Infinite said.

"Good. Now that we know the full extent of its powers, we don't need defective models. The analysis was finished in the Mystic Jungle. lab" Eggman responded. After this, he raised an eyebrow.

"By the way, I heard you met Sonic after he escaped."Eggman continued. "Did you finish him, this time?"

"There was no need. He was powerless against me." Infinite replied, which made Eggman form a bewildered look as he tightly gripped his Eggmobile.

"What?! Why did you let him go?! I told you not to underestimate him! Sonic is always a thorn in my side!" Eggman berated as Infinite adjusted his mask.

Hearing this made Tail's body fill with joy. He was right this whole time. Sonic was indeed alive . Twilight seemed relieved as well to hear that Sonic wasn't a goner either along with Spike.

"I knew Sonic was alive." Tails whispered.

"That's great news. But what's this Phantom Ruby?" Twilight wondered.

"I already told you, he's no threat to me." Infinite simply said as Eggman leaned back in his vehicle.

"The power of the Phantom Ruby ran out, didn't it? I warned you that you should recharge before you headed out." Eggman scolded while Infinite didn't seem too concerned.

"A minor folly. Doctor, you know as well as I do that I am the only one who can use the Phantom Ruby's power to its full extent." Infinite responded. "I don't like repeating myself, so I'll only say this once more. Sonic is not a threat to me. I can crush him anytime I please."

Eggman didn't seem too convinced by Infinite's word but he remained silent.

"The plan is still good to go, correct?" Infinite then asked.

"Of course. Once it's completed, the Resistance will be no more! They won't even see it coming. With them gone, there will be nothing to stop the Eggman Empire's construction!" Eggman boasted.

"They will submit to the Phantom Ruby. None can resist its power and allure." Infinite declared with desire as he rose into the air, his body glowing red along with the scar on his mask.

Infinite then flew off into the distance, leaving a red trail behind. Tails and Twilight then turned to each other.

"Well, we know that Eggman has something called the Phantom Ruby, but we still don't know anything about it." Tails whispered.

"And he has some plan. If only we could find some way to get more information." Twilight whispered back. "We can't let him get away."

"I got you covered." Spike whispered.

Before Tails or Twilight could say anything, Spike leaped out from his hiding place, much to their shock. He then ran over to Eggman, making the doctor turn to see him barking angrily.

"What the?" Eggman said. "Wait, I recognize you. You're that dog who's with Sonic's friends! Then that means..."

Eggman turned to his right to see Tails and Twilight coming out to Spike. Their presence made him growl.

"Spike, what were you thinking?!" Twilight yelled as she scooped up Spike while Tails glared at Eggman.

"Someone had to get his attention." Spike answered.

"Well, what do we have here? Sonic's sidekick and one of his cheerleaders." Eggman taunted. "I'm surprised you two have survived my reign."

"Nothing's taking me down until you're finished, Eggman!" Tails shot back. "We're going to stop you!"

"Hohohoho! You think you can stop me?! Sonic couldn't! What chance do you have?" Eggman retorted. "I'll crush you two here right now!"

The top of the Egg mobile was covered in a glass dome as Eggman pushed a button on its controls. As soon as he did, from behind him emerged a large red robot shaped similar to a dragon. Its torso was humanoid and bulky with spiked shoulders. It had highlights in front and a smaller torso at the top where the Egg mobile could fit. It had two thin arms, two wings made of red energy and an exhaust pipe on the back. Its right arm was a large drill and it's left arm was six barrelled cannon. On the bottom were a lower belly and two small talon-like cannons. Eggman descended on top of the mecha as it displayed its full body while Tails, Twilight and Spike looked on, alarmed by what they saw, with the latter whimpering.

"The Egg Dragoon?!" Tails shouted with disbelief.

"Hohoho! Weren't expecting this were you?!" Eggman said from his cockpit. "Get a load of this!"

From its bottom torso, the Egg Dragoon launched a large fireball towards the 3 heroes.

"Look out!" Tails screamed as he grabbed Spike and tackled Twilight away from the fireball.

When the flames it, it generated a large explosion as Eggman looked on at the resulting smoke, forming a wicked grin.

"Got them in one blow?" He wondered.

Inside the smoke, the trio was hidden behind some rocks, using the smoke cloud as a cover. Twilight coughed out loud as Tails turned to her.

"You ok?" He asked her.

"*cough* Yeah, I'm not too hurt." Twilight responded. "Though how are we supposed to fight that?!"

Tails then began to press a button on his wristwatch, forming a yellow homing signal on it.

"A good scientist is always prepared." Tails answered. "I have something which might help, but it might take a while to get here. During that time, I don't think Eggman is going to wait around and the smoke should clear soon. Twilight, I know I'm asking a lot of you, but can you keep it busy in the meantime?"

"Me?!" She repeated as if she didn't hear right.

"I know how strong your powers are. Remember from Camp Everfree with that boulder and all those brambles. You helped turn the tides in our favor. I believe you can do this." Tails told her.

Tails did have a point. Her magical power was indeed powerful. But she was still hesitant seeing as this mecha was huge. Uncertainty covered her face.

"You can do this, Twilight." Spike encouraged. "You've always taken what the bad guys throw at you and haven't run away."

Seeing Spike's face of sincerity along with Tails's faith in her boosted Twilight's confidence. She then closed her eyes, clenched her fist and made her decision.

"Ok. I'll try and buy you some time." She promised.

"Great. We'll be back. Come on, Spike." Tails said.

Tails and Spike ran away from Twilight, using the smoke to cover their escape while Twilight flew through it towards the Egg Dragoon. She then emerged from it and came face to face with Eggman.

"So it's just you? The others perished in my fire then? Shame, I was hoping they could witness my ultimate plan." Eggman stated.

"That's not going to happen because your plan's going to fail." Twilight said, which made Eggman burst into laughter.

"Hohoho! Why? Because of the likes of you? What do you hope to do against me alone?" Eggman mocked.

"I'm not alone." Twilight insisted as she brought up her fist.

"Foolish girl! Take this!" Eggman yelled.

The Egg Dragon aimed its arm cannon at Twilight and began to fire a series of giant bullets. Twilight's eyes filled with panic and she flew out of their way as fast as she could. While the shots missed her, they hit the ground and caused eruptions of dust to occur. This made it harder for Twilight to fly around but the sounds of incoming the shots navigated her away from them. The Egg Dragoon continued its assault but Twilight managed to avoid getting hit.

Seeing as the guns weren't working, the Egg Dragoon retracted its cannon and using its legs, it flung large amounts of debris towards Twilight. Seeing all the incoming rocks headed towards her, Twilight covered her arms and moved around to get out of harm's way as the rocks landed on the floor. However, this gave her an idea.

"(I got it! If I send these rocks back at it, I should be able to do some damage.)" Twilight realized.

With her telekinesis, Twilight levitated 3 rocks from the ground. Due to their size, it was a struggle as she grunted while doing so, but she managed to hold them in place. She then turned towards the Egg Dragoon and using all of her strength, she launched the boulders at the mecha. The rocks crashed onto the Egg Dragoon, stunning it upon impact.

"Grrr! Crafty little pest!" Eggman said.

The Egg Dragoon then aimed it's drill arm at Twilight and fired it towards Twilight. Thinking quickly, Twilight lifted another large rock with her powers to take the hit instead, though the aftermath blew her back slightly. The Egg Dragoon wasn't finished yet. It then continued to fire its drill arm to Twilight, who flew around to avoid the incoming impacts as the drills crashed onto the ground.

"(I can use this to my advantage!)" Twilight said in her head as she noticed the drills laying on the floor.

Twilight surrounded a drill in a purple aura and began to lift it. It was much heavier than the boulders she had lifted from before, so this required a lot of concentration. She felt sweat roll down her face while doing this task as the Egg Dragoon prepared to fire another drill. When the Egg Dragoon fired, Twilight raised the drill fully from the ground and flew above the incoming drill sent. Seeing that the Egg Dragoon was now open to an attack, Twilight sent her own drill towards the torso of the Egg Dragoon, smashing into it and causing some damage. Twilight was glad she was able to hit it again, but she was starting to feel drained.

"I'm starting to hate you almost as much as Sonic!"Eggman shouted.

The Egg Dragoon then launched another drill missile towards Twilight, this time which was crackling with electricity. Twilight flew over the missile to avoid its impact. However, when the missile fell on the ground, it released an electric pulse around the area, which Twilight didn't notice until was too late. A surge of electricity was sent through her body, shocking her.

"Ahhh!" She yelled as she started to fall towards the floor.

Twilight was having difficulty staying awake but she knew she couldn't pass out. Tails and Spike were counting on her. At the same time, she didn't have enough strength to fly herself to safety. She had to think of something as she fell to the ground. Before she reached it, Twilight surrounded herself with her own telekinesis and landed on the ground without a crash. Unfortunately, this took a lot out of her due to everything she had lifted before and she rested on the ground, exhausted.

"Finished already?" Eggman wondered. "I'll admit, you gave me some trouble, but it's over now!"

The Egg Dragoon hovered above the tired Twilight, but before it could do anything, it was suddenly bombarded with a series of missiles, sending it back.

"What?! Who dares?!" Eggman demanded.

Twilight and Eggman turned to see the source of the missiles was Tails, who was driving a red plane shaped like an X with a futuristic design. Behind him was Spike in the other seat. Tails increased the speed of his plane and flew towards Twilight's location. As soon as he approached her, he extended his hand out and pulled her into Spike's seat. Twilight then began to pant while Spike licked her face to wake her up more.

"Tails?!" She said, a little dazed.

"Good work on keeping him busy, Twilight. I knew I could count on you." Tails praised. "Now, let's finish this!"

Tails aimed his plane at the Egg Dragoon and unleashed a barrage of missiles towards it. Combined with the previous damage it had taken, the full brunt of this attack heavily damaged the Egg Dragoon as it began to smoke and fall apart. Eggman grit his teeth and slammed the buttons on his Eggmobile, ejecting himself as the Egg Dragoon started to explode and fall to the ground.

"This doesn't mean anything. I'll finish you and your entire resistance soon!" Eggman swore.

Due to the damage sustained from the Egg Dragoon, Eggman's Eggmobile was having difficulty flying and started to head towards the ground, which Tails, Twilight, and Spike noticed. Tails then flew down after Eggman. The Eggmobile then slid on the ground as Eggman fumbled around inside before coming to a complete stop while the trio of heroes got off Tails's plane.

"We did it!" Tails cheered.

"I knew you could do it, Twilight!" Spike said as Twilight smiled, though she was still feeling somewhat worn out. It was nice to have a victory.

"Hohohohoho!" The three of them heard Eggman laugh as the top of his cockpit was retracted.

"Like I said before, this little victory of yours is meaningless." Eggman boasted. "You should savor it though, as it's the last one you're ever going to get. In 3 days, my final plan will be completed and the resistance will be destroyed."

Tails, Twilight and Spike backed up, worried by Eggman's words.

"3 days? What are you planning?" Tails questioned as Eggman pulled the lever of his Eggmobile, which got it airborne once more as the engine roared.

"You'll find out." Eggman replied with a sinister sneer.

The Eggmobile rose in the ground before it sped off at amazing speed as the mad doctor laughed once more, leaving the three heroes behind.

"We may have found out that Sonic's alive, but Eggman's plan is concerning. We don't have much time." Twilight said.

"You're right. We have to keep moving. We can't let Eggman succeed." Tails said with determination.

Tails, Twilight and Spike climbed back into Tail's plane. He started the engine as the plane floated in the air and burst off into the air.