• Published 15th Nov 2017
  • 2,819 Views, 119 Comments

Sonic and EQG Forces - SonicAKG

  • ...
11
 119
 2,819

Infiltration

Up in the frigid north, Sonic was racing across a metallic pathway which had yellow pipelines with blue chemicals flowing through them. He was heading towards one of Eggman's Chemical Plant's. While he was doing so, his communicator began to beep, catching his attention.

"Sonic, our two distractions worked perfectly! Eggman has his hands full with the Green Hill and Seaside Hill." Knuckles informed him.

"Sonic, we need you to take this Chemical Plant and shut down the Death Egg's weapons system." Sunset chimed in.

"No problem, leave it to me." Sonic reassured. "I've been waiting to bust some heads for a long time."

Sonic jumped across a gap on the metal road before he reached the other side. There, he used his speed to make a larger leap which led him towards a grind rail. Sonic began grinding on this one until he switched to another rail due to the previous coming to an end. Ahead, He noticed a zip line coming up. Sonic then dashed off the rail and grabbed a hold of it. The zip line hurled him to another a rail shortly after. He released his hands off the cord and began to grind through the Chemical PPlant, switching between different tracks. Using the rails allowed Sonic to reach another road.

"Hmmm, I was expecting more of a welcoming party." He muttered to himself. "Well, with those diversions we had, it's not too surprising."

Sonic quickly moved along his trail and reached another series of rails. His feet landed on them and he started to grind again. Through this passage, Sonic was taken to another zip line, which he instantly grabbed a hold of. He then flung off it into mid-air. Sonic then began to jump off the different walls of structures in the plant, taking him higher. With this method, he found an entrance into the Chemical Plant via an open tunnel at the top.

"Bingo." Sonic said as he began to leap down into the tunnel.

Sonic started to free fall into the factory and as he did, a series of rotating laser blades appeared. This caused him to grin.

"Ah, wouldn't be an adventure without the old laser security system." He joked.

Sonic dove down at a faster pace while evading the lasers. He shortly reached the bottom, landing on a metal pathway.

"Ok, got in. Now I just need to find the computer room." Sonic stated. "Though I feel like this is more like Vector's thing."

Sonic ran ahead, with a glass tube surrounding the passage he moved along, which led him into another part of the Chemical Plant. At the end, Sonic found himself at a dead end but noticed he could move downward due there being an open passage. He leaped down deeper into the terminal. The interior had a dark-colored facility in the background with the routes covered in yellow metallic plates. Before Sonic moved ahead, a flood of Mega-Mack poured down right in front of him.

"And it wouldn't be a Chemical Plant without that gunk." He commented

Sonic waited for the liquid to cease falling before he moved further. He descended downwards and when he turned around, a few Egg Pawns stood in his path.

"Finally. Bots to smash." He eagerly said.

Sonic became a streak and tore through the first Egg Pawn with ease. He then delivered a roundhouse kick, knocking two of them. back The remaining three tried to blast with their beams but he easily avoided harm. He leaped in the air and crushed one with a powerful stomp. He flipped over one of the last two Egg Pawns and smashed it into the other one, killing two birds with one stone.

"Eggman just doesn't make him like he used to." Sonic criticized.

With his path free, Sonic jumped down into another gap of the terminal and landed into another part. In front of him were 4 rotating platforms. Above, purple liquid trickled down before turning into a downpour of MegaMack, which landed on one of the platforms. This made the others rotate faster, which Sonic noticed. Acting quickly, he dashed on one of the platforms and was taken across in no time. Sonic was then greeted by 4 Egg Pawns, which took aim and prepared to fire. However, Sonic used his super peel out technique to plow through them using his fist. Once his enemies were gone, Sonic attempted to continue his journey. Before he could, more Mega Mack came down in front of him. He waited a few seconds for it clear and then he moved upwards by running up the wall. This brought him to more rotating platforms, with one being flooded by Mega Mack as well. Sonic jumped on one and was quickly taken across due to the increased speed of the platforms. Sonic landed on a wall and scaled it with his speed. Up top, 3 Egg Pawns blocked his path. Sonic became a streak as he bounced off each of them, taking them down instantly. He then ran using a long road, which made him run through a semi-loop. When the road ended, Sonic found himself in an enclosed section, with only a small entrance to a tube being available. Using his stomp, he entered the pipeline, which transported him around the Chemical Plant. When he exited it, Sonic landed on a platform. Across it were 3 others, which had gaps in between them and each housed an Egg Pawn. Instantly, Mega Mack poured down between one gap.

"I'll have to play this smart or otherwise, I'll drown in Mega Mack." Sonic said, realizing the danger of the situation. "Not a cool way to go."

Sonic waited until the Mega Mack was done pouring and became a streak, reaching the other platform and smashing the Egg Pawn on it at the same time. It was safe to go across, so Sonic dashed forward and unleashed a kick to an Egg Pawn on the next platform, blowing it backward. Before the Egg Pawn could go any further, Mega Mack appeared and sent it down below into the factory. Once the flooding was over, Sonic made it to the last platform in a blur, which took the Egg Pawn on it off guard and it was quickly destroyed with his streak attack. He then used another turning platform with Mega Mack pouring on it to take him up higher before he jumped off different walls to reach his destination. Sonic had an open pathway in front of him and dashed across it, though he had to make the occasional sudden stop to the sudden appearance of Mega Mack. When the path reached its end, Sonic turned around and moved down once more and landed on yet another revolving platform. Sonic was taken to a metallic trail, with Egg Pawns lined up to attack. He used his boost attack to take them out of the way and move faster. This road was longer than the other ones and at the end, Sonic saw a metallic gate. With his boost, he smashed it down once he came into contact with it. This took him out of the Network Terminals' interior and into a well lit and highly advanced computer room. 3 large monitors were displayed ahead, each having their own keyboard.

"Found it!" Sonic victoriously declared as he came to a stop.

Sonic marched up to the 3 computers and began to examine them.

"Ok, so I just need to shut down the Death Egg's defenses. I'm not a tech guy, so I'll just do it the old fashioned way." He decided,

Sonic wound up his fist for a bit before he slammed down on one of the keyboards, making a hole into it. This made the computer it was connected to short circuit, a phenomenon which was transferred to the screens next to it. All 3 machines turned blank, which was followed by the entire room shutting down, leaving Sonic in darkness.

"Looks like it worked." He noticed before he tapped his communicator. "This is Sonic. I've shut down the Chemical Plant's computer. The Death Egg is now weaponless and ripe for smashing."

Sonic then sped away, leaving the terminal stuck in pitch black.