• Published 15th Nov 2017
  • 2,813 Views, 119 Comments

Sonic and EQG Forces - SonicAKG

  • ...
11
 119
 2,813

The Resistance.

As another area was falling under Eggman's control as his troops swarmed over the place and citizens were being round up, far away from the outskirts, Rainbow Dash, who was in her Crystal Guardian form, looked on from above at the sight. This wasn't the first time she had seen it but it didn't make the scene any less disheartening. She clenched her fist in frustration and so desperately wanted to jump in, but she also knew it was futile at this point. Instead, she took one last look before she flew off at high speed, leaving a rainbow colored trail.


In a secret bunker of some kind, a large mechanical door opened for Rainbow as she entered a dank room with a large computer screen with controls beneath it. In the room, the rest of the Rainbooms, except for Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer, who also were in their crystal guardian forms, filled it up alongside Silver and Manic. Next to Silver, was a teenage girl wearing a short red sleeveless dress with tall red boots, each that had a white stripe. She wore golden ring bands and she had pink short hair which was curved and stylized, resembling a bob cut with green eyes. This was Amy Rose, one of Sonic's oldest friends. The room also housed 3 other new figures. The first one was a teen with a bulky build while wearing a green open jacket that had light green arms. His shirt was light green with thin stripes while his pants were the same color as his jacket. He wore white gloves with black and gold cuffs, a golden chain around his neck and black shoes. His head was covered with short green hair, which also housed a pair of black headphones. Next to him was another teen wearing a purple outfit with dark purple and black shoes with black cuffs that had golden spots and he had studded bands on his hands and ankles. He had purple hair with a triangular shape, though a part of it was yellow and protruded out. The last one was much younger than the previous two and was wearing an orange vest with a bee emblem, white and orange shoes, white gloves cuffed with orange and black pants with yellow stripes. Over his head was a black pilot's helmet with a red rim and flight goggles. They were the Chaotix, consisting of Vector, Espio, and Charmy respectively.

"Eggman's army just captured another area." Rainbow Dash informed everyone, which made looks of dismay fill the entire room. "Our forces were too late and outgunned by the time they arrived and had to retreat."

"Another one?!" Vector exclaimed. "That's the third one this week! Man, this really isn't looking good..."

"Eggman's army capturing territory at an even faster rate than before." Espio stated with his arms folded. "At the rate he's going, it's bound to increase further."

"The more he gains, the more people start to lose hope." Fluttershy added in a melancholic tone as her gaze met the floor. "I can't really blame them."

Silver then formed a stern look of determination.

"Look, I know things aren't looking our way, but we can't start giving into despair. I've been in this kind of situation my entire life and I've learned as long as there's a chance, we can still make it out alright. We have to keep moving forward, even if the odds are against us." Silver said. " And we have to show the people that too."

"Silver right." Rarity chimed in. "The fact that there's even a resistance in the first place means we haven't lost yet. Though I wish everyone could see that."

"Yeah! We can do this even though the fate of the world is resting on our shoulders and Eggman has like 99.9 % percent of the world at his fingertips and if we lose, then it means our planet is doomed and we're going to live the rest of our lives serving his robot army, never eating, sleeping, or even thinking again! Pinkie ranted in a very quick tangent.

*Gasp*, I don't wanna lose my thoughts!"Charmy suddenly said in a panicked tone as he gripped his helmet.

Everyone looked at Pinkie with slightly annoyed looks. She then formed a sheepish smile as she blushed slightly due to her outburst.

"I wish Sonic was here." Amy softly said with a voice full of sadness. "If he was, he'd know what to do. Maybe he's out there, fighting on his own."

The room then went silent as everyone took in Amy's words as sadness filled it once more as Manic tensed up and slightly shook.

"We all wish that Amy, but the truth is...Sonic's gone." Manic bitterly said as Amy put her head down. He was right.

" The truth isn't always what we want to hear but we've got to deal with it? Or end up like Tails? Even with Twilight watchin' over em, I'm still worried he's not in the right head." AppleJack expressed as she folded her arms.

Just then, the door opened up once more, getting everyone's attention as they turned to see Knuckles, who was with Sunset. She was in her Crystal Guardian form as well.

"Knuckles, Sunset. Any news on the struggle?" Silver asked them.

"Please, do you have good news?" Fluttershy said in a hopeful tone as she put her hands together.

The two of them exchanged uneasy glances before they turned back to their friends.

"Well....Our defenses at Green Hill just fell." Knuckles started off. " And I've got word from our forces in the city that the monster who took down Sonic........"

Knuckles paused as he and everyone else still wasn't used to saying that, no matter how long it had been and formed slightly mournful looks.

"He's causing our forces to panic and run". He finished as he put his arms behind his back and looked up at the large monitor.

"We still don't know anything about this guy. The boys and I have done digging but we got nothing. No name, no backstory, no blueprints if he's some kind of new creation of Eggman, there's nothing on him. It's like he's a ghost and just showed up." Vector said.

"Whoever he is, he know's his stuff. He was smart enough to attack the portal from Equestria, meaning we can't ask Princess Twilight for help." Sunset added.

"Then just send me in!" Manic impatiently said as he held up a fist. "I won't run from that masked freak!"

"I'm with Manic, that guy needs to pay for what he did to Sonic!" Rainbow Dash agreed as she put her hand in her fist.

"Settle down, you two. We all would like to avenge Sonic, but charging in ahead like this isn't going to work." Sunset told them.

"Granny Smith always said if you ain't sure you can take a bull by the horns, yer better off takin' nothin at all. Just goin' in like that is askin' for trouble." AppleJack stated.

"They're right. I get if you're feeling frustrated, but brute force alone isn't going to do any good." Knuckles said. "I know this is coming from me, but if we're going to win, we're going to have to think of another method. And I can't afford to lose you two. You're valuable parts of this resistance."

Manic and Rainbow Dash wanted to protest but they knew they're friends were right. That mystery figure could tear through their forces like nothing. The two of them backed up a little.

"All right people, let's get to work, we got a world to save!" Knuckles said as he threw his fist in the air as his friends, save for Sunset and Amy.

"So, what's the plan, boss?" Charmy asked as Knuckles raised an eyebrow.

"That was the plan, Charmy." Knuckles told him, as Charmy rubbed the back of his head.

"Oh, right. Teehee."

The Resistance then began to move around the room and get ready. As they did, Sunset gripped her shoulder and formed an anxious look.

'I won't run from that masked freak!' She remembered Manic saying as memories flooded back to her.


It was 6 months ago, during the day when Eggman had launched his attack on Canterlot. Sunset was desperately running through the burning city, distraught over what was happening. Just yesterday, she was planning to spend the day with her friends here and never could have imagined this. When she heard Eggman was behind it, she was surprised. She had met him before and truth be told, she always figured he was kind of silly. She never expected something like this from him. But she couldn't worry about that now. She had people to save.

As Sunset was running, she found a crowd of terrified citizens in the middle of the park, which was a total wreck. She stopped in her tracks and rushed towards them.

"Hey, all of you!" Sunset called out, which made them turn to her.

"It's ok. I'm here now." Sunset reassured to the frightened civilians. "I know a way out. We can leave the city. I promise, follow me and you'll be safe."

The citizens, with nothing left to lose, began to follow Sunset as she headed for her left. Suddenly, a large distorted noise was heard, stopping everyone in their tracks as the civilians looked around in a panicked tone.

"What was that?" Sunset wondered before out of nowhere, a red beam just barely missed her and blast a line in front of the people she was escorting, blowing all of them on the ground. Sunset looked around in horror to see the citizens on the ground and they weren't moving.

"No!" She screamed. "I promised them it'd be ok!"

"Well, you shouldn't make promises you can't guarantee." She heard an intimidating voice say from behind. She slowly turned around to see the mysterious figure, glowing red floating above her. When her eyes saw him, she found herself paralyzed with fear. Due to this, she didn't notice the Egg Pawns come from behind and take the citizens from the floor until it was too late.

"What, no!" Sunset cried as she saw the Egg Pawns march away. Before she could pursue them, she heard the voice once more.

"Concern for others is a weakness, child." He said as Sunset turned to see him. She had a better look at him, especially his masked face and instead of being paralyzed, she found herself beginning to quake with trepidation.

"There's no point in resisting. The doctor has already won and your hero is no more." The figure informed her.

Hero? No more? What was he saying? That Sonic was somehow beaten?

"W-what do you mean? Are you talking about Sonic?" Sunset forced herself to utter. "That's not true! Sonic would never-

"He has." The figure cut her off. "There is no point in your resistance."

Sunset couldn't believe what she was hearing. Was Sonic really beaten?

"Ah, you're shaking. You're terrified of me, how nice." The figure said, which made Sunset's fear increase as she began to now shake uncontrollably.

"Your fear...it's delicious." The figure went on.

Sunset found her body filling up with anxiety before the figure fired a red beam at her feet, scaring the living daylight out of her as she fell to the ground. She found herself beginning to hyperventilate. She tried to regain control of her breathing but it was almost impossible.

"Boo." The figure mocked as he chuckled.

Sunset didn't know what was with this guy. She had turned into a demon, fought off 3 evil sirens and two crazed magical creatures, an evil wizard and even gone into space to fight aliens. But this...this was on a totally different level.

"Tell you what, if you run, I promise I'll let you go for today." The figure offered as Sunset found herself full of terror while the figure's chuckle turned into full-blown laughter. She picked herself up and did as she was told. She ran. As fast as she could and she didn't look back.


Sunset darling, is everything all right? We have to move." Rarity asked, snapping Sunset out of her memory as she turned to see her friend staring at her with concern.

"Y-yeah. Let's go." Sunset quickly responded.

As the resistance was getting ready for action, Pinkie skipped along cheerfully. While doing so, she passed by Amy, who still had the same sorrowful expression from before as she seemed to be like dragging herself around. Pinkie then backed up to where she was, which Amy didn't notice. She observed Amy for a while as she put her hand to her chin.

"Y'know, Sonic told me and the others about his friends from before and when he mentioned you, he said you were always cheery." Pinkie said as Amy still remained silent. "Well, I don't see any of that now."

"What's there to be cheery about?"Amy answered after she let out a sigh.

"I know our situation isn't exactly all cupcakes and smiles, but Sonic also mentioned how in low times, you still were upbeat." Pinkie added, which made Amy take a seat and rest her arms on her face.

"That's because no matter how bad those situations were from before, at least I still had Sonic." Amy expressed while Pinkie listened.

" I always knew that even if things looked hopeless, he would be there for me like before and I'd at least get to see him again. That gave me the drive to look on the bright side of things as with him, there's always a chance." Amy went on before her she wiped a single tear from her eye as Pinkie looked on. "And now, he's gone. Just like that. I can never see him again. I'm just finding it hard to see what could be good in this whole situation. Sonic's not here, Eggman's almost won, and I saw the Knothole Freedom Fighters taken from me. Just what can we do?"

Amy sniffled a bit as Pinkie came and sat next to her and began to swing her legs back and forth.

"You're right our situation is looking pretty....eeeeehhhhh." Pinkie agreed. "But I don't think it's totally bad yet."

Amy then gave Pinkie a puzzled look, wondering how she could say something like that a time.

"Sonic may not be here with us himself, but he left something behind. The impact he made on all the people he touched. He's the main reason why the resistance even exists in the first place. He's inspired so many people to do what he did even when he's not here. In a way, he's living on with the resistance." Pinkie explained before she stood up. "I know he wouldn't want us moping around like it's the end of the world. He'd just tell us to be positive and look at what we can do."

"Let's do it to it." Pinkie added, doing her best Sonic impression as she made her legs spin around to mimic his speed before she sat back down.

"At least that's my two cents." She finished as she gave Amy a wink.

Amy looked at the ground and thought about what Pinkie said. She remembered how Sonic never gave in to despair, no matter what he was up against. Pinkie was right. Sonic wasn't really gone as his influence remained behind. They at least had that for them. And she knew he'd hate it if his influence didn't have an impact and people just gave up. Feeling new resolve, Amy wiped a tear as she rose up as Pinkie proudly looked at her.

"Pinkie...thanks for that." Amy thanked, making Pinkie grin.

"No problemo, it's what I do." Pinkie answered in a pleased tone.

With that done, the two of them walked further into the base, ready for action.


In one of Eggman's bases, it was a highly mechanized area with various metallic lanes everywhere. There were multiple open gates scattered around as purple lights vibrated throughout the entire area. Different hexagonal shaped windows filled the area. In the top right corner which was shadowed, Rouge jumped down from them and landed on the floor. She looked around in order to make sure the coast was clear.

"All right, entering Eggman's fortress, check. Now, let's see what I can find." Rouge said to herself.

Before she took a step, Rouge heard the sound of a gate opening up, which made her curse under her breath as she stepped back into the shadows to avoid being seen. She peeked out to see a legion of Egg Pawns marching forward, with Orbot and Cubot floating above them.

"Make sure you all head to your post. The boss wants the Death Egg completely secure." Orbot instructed, making Rouge raise an eyebrow.

"(So this is the Death Egg, huh? Figures)". Rouge thought as she listened in more.

"We better hurry, we don't want to miss the look on Sonic's face when the boss shows him his empire." Cubot eagerly said. Hearing this caught Rouge's attention. Sonic was....alive?

"I agree, but don't you think it'll be better seeing him banished into space?" Orbot responded as Cubot scratched his head.

"Oh, that too." He replied.

Rouge completely emerged herself in the shadows. What she had heard was vital. Sonic was alive this whole time. Though it might not be that way for long.