• Published 29th Oct 2017
  • 3,307 Views, 106 Comments

Beauty Lies Within - MiraculousDragonMaster



Six beautiful girls; best friends, soon find themselves facing an old enemy when she realizes that they are ruining her chance of revenge, all because they are more fair than she. A humanized AU based off Snow White.

  • ...
14
 106
 3,307

Rarity and Fancy

Beauty Lies Within

Chapter 6

Rarity and Fancy

Meanwhile, in the capital city of Canterlot, Rarity was finishing closing up her boutique, Canterlot Carousel, so that she could pack up and meet her friends at the Ponyville train station.

She finished stitching the hem of a turquoise blue satin skirt that would on display while she was away. Her stylish curled royal purple hair was framed across her right shoulder and down her back to her ankles in a fancy ponytail, her skin was as pale as snow, and her eyes were as blue as the sea and were framed with thick black eyelashes slightly emphasized with mascara. She wore a fancy light blue blouse with the sleeves to her elbows, a dark purple skirt with three blue cut diamonds on the side, and matching boots.

Her business partner, Sassy Saddles, then came beside her. The older woman looked over to the younger one as she grabbed her purse. "Have a good time in Manehattan, Rarity. And enjoy the rest of your break."

"Thank you, Sassy." Rarity said. "Are you sure you will be all right looking after the boutique while I am away?"

"I'm sure." Sassy assured her. She then headed towards the door. "Will you be coming out soon?" She asked.

"In a moment." Rarity said. "I am almost done with these dresses that I have made for my friends. I want to surprise them, for they will be our dresses for the Grand Galloping Gala!"

"Oh, Rarity." Sassy sighed. "You really are generous." She flipped the sign for closed, then left the boutique.

Rarity then turned to a trunk near the display stage. She stretched out her hand towards it, and it was suddenly engulfed in light blue magic. The trunk opened and six beautiful colored ball gowns came out. She then used her magic to get the materials for the finishing touches. As she did the thing she loved doing most; sewing some jewels on the embroidery, measuring pieces of fabric, and adding some flair to each, she began to sing.

Rarity: Life is a runway,
Listen, here's what it's all about.
I tell you, life is a runway.
Time to bring what's on the inside out.

Into the light.
Into the light.

Life is a runway
When you see it my way.
Take all the good inside,
Make it beautiful.

Fashion is a way to start,
Showing what's in your heart.
Call it superficial,
I call irrefutable.

Oh-oh, oh wha-oh.
Oh-oh, oh wha-oh.
Oh-oh, oh wha-oh.
Life is a runway.

As she sung while being in her element, a young man who was a couple of years older than Rarity, was walking by the boutique when he saw her with fabric magically swishing around her. He had ivory white skin like her, wavy cerculean hair styled neatly, and light blue eyes. And he was wearing a casual suit, black dress pants and matching dress shoes.

Fancy Pants watched as the young designer sang as she worked. He smiled as he remembered when he first had met her three years ago. She definitely was someone worth bumping into, no pun intended. And the way she chose her friends over her growing reputation when they brought their wild and rambunctious party out into the castle garden that day. She definitely is beautiful; both inside and out.

You can be the girl
That you want to be,
With a little love
And some accessories.

Don't be scared to show you have
Personal style.
Just go do your thing,
You'll make everyone smile.

You can be the girl
That you want to be,
With a little love
And some accessories.

Don't be scared to show you have
Personal style.
Just go do your thing,
You'll make everyone smile.

Life is a runway.
I'll show you what it's all about.
I tell you, life is a runway.
Time to bring what's on the inside out.

Into the light!
Into the light!
Into the light!
Into the light!
Into the light.

Finally, Rarity finished the dresses and magically twirled them around her as she admired her work. The gown she had made for Twilight was sleeveless and white starting at the feathery neckline and the light blue skirt flared down to the feet and was decorated with sparkling gold stars.

Applejack's dress had two shades of green; olive green for the bodice and sparkling dark green for the skirt that goes to the feet, had a V-neckline, and had sparkling olive green lace hanging from the shoulders as tiny sleeves. At least it was simple yet elegant enough for the cowgirl.

Rainbow Dash's dress was magenta; matching her eyes, and as the sparkling skirt with vine designs softly billowed down to the feet, the color shifted into a light rainbow aurora. It was also sleeveless, had a sweetheart neckline, and had a little silver lightning bolt pinned to the left side, holding up a soft pink ribbon. It may seem a bit feminine, but it was flexible enough to show that the Wonderbolt is fetching but brash.

Fluttershy's dress was soft pink; matching her hair, and as the velvety skirt descended down to the feet, the color gently faded into white. It was also sleeveless, except for straps around the shoulders. The sparkly bodice also had a shimmering silver strap around it. It was surely to enhance the beauty of the kind-hearted girl.

Pinkie Pie's dress is two shades of turquoise; a medium and a dark. It was dark turquoise for the bottom of the long skirt and part of the bodice, and it was regular sea turquoise for the rest of the dress. It had a round neckline with short sleeves, and it had a long pink ribbon for a sash around the waist. It was beautiful enough to make the hyper-active girl seem like a lady.

Finally, Rarity's own dress was dark blue, and around the long skirt was a thin satin wrap of a lighter shade. It also was sleeveless and had a sweetheart neckline, but the bodice was jeweled and had very intricate designs. Perfect for such a lady as herself.

A knock on the window snapped her out of her thoughts. Rarity turned towards the window and saw Fancy Pants waving to her. She waved back with her free hand and then magically put the completed gowns back in the trunk. When she was done, she went over to the door and opened it.

"Fancy Pants!" She said, smiling. "What a surprise."

"Good to see you again, Rarity." Fancy said. "I must say, those gowns I saw you working on are absolutely lovely."

Rarity lightly blushed and tucked a loose strand behind her ear. "Oh, thank you." She said, but then remembered something. "Where's Fleur-de-lis? I thought she would be with you." For some reason, recently the thought of that clingy woman made her want to pry her arms off of Fancy so that he could have some personal space.

"She and I decided to stop seeing each other." Fancy explained. "Though strangely, I think that was one good decision I made as of recent."

Rarity slightly giggled at his comment, but quickly stopped. "Oh, I am sorry."

"Don't be." Fancy assured her. "Say, are you free this afternoon?"

"I'm sorry, Fancy." Rarity said. "But, I will be spending my weekend with my friends at Manehatten. And also, I'll be returning to Ponyville for two months."

"I see." He said. "But, are you coming to the Gala?"

"Yes. Are you?" She asked.

"Indeed." Fancy replied. "I would like to see you there."

Rarity smiled. "I wouldn't miss it." She then glanced at the street clock. "Oh, my goodness! I must hurry!" She magically made the trunk and her own suitcase float over to her. With her free hand, she closed the shop door and locked it. "I simply cannot miss my train."

"I understand." Fancy said. "Will I see you soon?"

Rarity placed a hand on his shoulder. "I promise." With that, she began running to the train station with her luggage floating behind her.

Author's Note:

A/N: The dresses were inspired by pictures that I found on Devianart. The exact links, I can't remember. All I know is that they were drawings of the Mane 6 being upper class. These will be the dresses the Mane 6 will wear for the Gala, except the hairstyles will be different.

The song that I used for this chapter is "Life is a Runway", from Equestria Girls: The Friendship Games. And it's one that our generous fashionista originally sings. Fitting, right?

There will be two more chapters with songs put in, but after that, we will finally take a break from singing.

I'll see y'all in Chapter 7, where we see how a certain evil queen is faring with the revelation that she is not the fairest in the land anymore. Please let me know what you guys think.

Got to fly! ;)