• Published 29th Oct 2017
  • 3,307 Views, 106 Comments

Beauty Lies Within - MiraculousDragonMaster



Six beautiful girls; best friends, soon find themselves facing an old enemy when she realizes that they are ruining her chance of revenge, all because they are more fair than she. A humanized AU based off Snow White.

  • ...
14
 106
 3,307

Reassurances in Dreams

Beauty Lies Within

Chapter 18

Reassurances in Dreams

Flash found himself back in the Crystal Empire, running through the quiet streets, calling out, "Twilight!", over and over again. His shouts echoed across the too silent roads, as if his shouts were going to disturb the people sleeping. Yet, no one came outside or opened their windows to see what the fuss was about.

Soon, he came to the top of a hill on the outskirts of the town. A gentle breeze was blowing from up there. He sighed heavily, his thoughts dwelling on the girl who had snuck her way into his heart.

"Where are you, Twilight?" He asked the silence, hoping that wherever the Princess of Friendship was, she would hear him.

"Flash?" A familiar voice asked. Flash felt his breath hitch, and he slowly turned around.

There she was. Princess Twilight Sparkle was standing a few feet away from him. Her long indigo ponytail with purple and pink highlights was slightly blowing in the breeze, and the lavender feathers of her alicorn wings were rustling softly.

She was wearing a sleeveless hot pink dress with a sweetheart neckline that went down to her knees, a white ribbon tied on the waist, the skirt was ruffled, and she wore matching hot pink boots. She looked beautiful.

"Twilight!" Flash cried out, feeling overjoyed and relieved. He rushed over to her and they both shared a tight hug.


Spike was running through the darkened Everfree Forest, the disgusting smell of bad breath hitting his nose. The Timberwolves were still chasing him.

"Wait a minute." He said. "I have wings now!"

The dragon boy flapped open his dragon wings and quickly headed up into the air. Soon, he was out of the dark and thick forest. But the Timberwolves were still chasing him as they headed up a hill.

Suddenly, there was a large rock tumbling down the hill and it crushed the Timberwolves into twigs. Spike came back down to the ground, wondering where that rock came from.

There was the sound of someone coming down a large pile of rocks on the hill. "Ya okay, Spike?" Someone asked.

Spike felt his heart beginning to pound when he recognized that little country twang. He slowly turned towards the voice.

Applejack was standing a few feet away from him as she moved away from the rock pile. She looked amazing, with her long straw blonde ponytail braided at the end. She wore a strapless blue dress with red trim and apple prints on the skirt that went to her knees. She also had brown dress boots with apple green trim, gold bracelets on her wrists, a white scarf around her neck, and a fancy brown cowgirl hat was on her head, careful of her pony ears.

"AJ?" He asked, not believing his eyes.

The cowgirl smiled at him, her eyes filling up with overjoyed tears. "Howdy there, Spike." She said softly.

Spike ran over to her and gave her a big hug, tears coming down his face. She returned it just as tight.


Soarin' found himself flying high above fluffy white clouds that seemed luminous thanks to the moonlight. He felt like he had been searching for hours, but yet there was still no sign of her. When he cupped his hands and was about to shout out her name, a familiar voice calls out first.

"Soarin'!" The call echoed through the sky. Soarin' felt his blood pumping through his wings and body at a much faster rate. He zipped through the clouds towards the direction where the voice came from.

Suddenly, he stopped in mid-air when he saw a figure standing on the grounds of the Wonderbolts Headquarters. He landed and stared at the vision before him.

Rainbow Dash was standing there, looking at him with overjoyed eyes. She was just stunning with her attire. She wore a rainbow colored dress with two purple straps holding it on her shoulders, the skirt falling down in a diagonal direction on her right side with a matching violet rope ribbon tied around the waist with a gold medallion of her signature lightning bolt. She also wore shining red boots with decorative wings on the sides and on her hands were long fingerless purple opera gloves.

"Rainbow?" Soarin' asked, taking in her appearance.

Rainbow looked down at her attire and slightly blushed. "I said that I didn't want to dress up, but it seems that my opinion didn't matter right then." She looked back up at her Wonderbolt friend. "It's great to see you again, Soarin'."

Soarin' could only walk towards her and give her a smirk, which she returned before wrapping him in a tight hug.


Cheese Sandwich was wandering throughout the sleeping town of Ponyville, his footsteps ever so slow. Yet, it seemed to him that the buildings were just colorful blurs, as if he was moving at lightning speed. But he didn't care. He just felt like he had lost all hope.

Suddenly, there was a big burst of colorful confetti raining down on him, stopping Cheese in his tracks. "Hey, what's with the frowny face, Cheese?" A cheerful voice asked, ringing in his ears as he recognized it.

Brushing the confetti off, he saw her. Pinkie Pie was standing there, next to a party cannon. She looked really cute in a purple and yellow sleeveless, knee-length dress with a sweetheart neckline. She also had matching boots on and a little mini top hat on her head.

"Pinkie!" Cheese exclaimed, zipping over to her and squeezing her tight. Pinkie returned it with the same amount of force.

"Did you miss me?" She asked, this time softly.

"You bet I did." Cheese answered with the same soft tone. The two then just enjoyed the other's embrace.


Fancy Pants was outside Canterlot Carousel, looking into the darkened and closed boutique. The dresses on display in the window seemed colorless and dull, like they were way past last season. Not that he would notice, nor would he care.

He turned to leave the boutique when a familiar prim voice called out to him.

"Fancy Pants?" It asked.

Fancy froze and turned over to the side where the voice came from. There she was, standing there in the empty street. Rarity looked absolutely beautiful, with her sparkling aqua blue dress with a single strap on her left shoulder and the knee-length skirt having ruffles. She also wore ivory colored boots with her signature diamonds on them.

"Rarity." He breathed.

The girl in question rushed over to him and for once didn't care about protocol. She threw her arms around his neck, holding him close.

"I've missed you." She whispered.

Fancy held her tightly. "As have I, dear." He said.

But then, Rarity moved away. "As much as I would like to explain all this, I'm afraid I don't have much time."

"For what?" Fancy asked her.

"All you need to know right now is that my friends and I are all right, and we will see each other at the Gala tomorrow night."

"How are you so certain?" Fancy asked her.

"My friend will make sure of it." Rarity said with a smile.


Discord was having the best dream ever. He was in a dark forest where the moon was shining bright, raining chocolate milk from a few cotton candy clouds, and the trunks of the trees turned stripy like candy canes. The leaves turned purple and the fruits became colorful gumdrops.

Suddenly, a soft voice called out. "Discord?" The voice was soft and beautiful, almost enticing like a siren's, and not one of those hideous flying fish that he faintly remembered. He turned around and saw a most beautiful sight.

Fluttershy was standing beside the chocolate milk lake, looking like an angel. She was wearing a sleeveless aqua blue and yellow dress that went down to her knees and matching dress boots with yellow butterflies. It was simple yet beautiful, just like her.

"This must be the best dream ever." He muttered.

Fluttershy giggled while blushing. "Is that so?" She asked.

Discord froze when he realized that he must've said that aloud. "Uh, I wasn't trying to, uh, well you see, I was uh…." When did he get so tongue-tied? "I'll let you know that I was trying to keep it to myself."

Fluttershy giggled again. "All joking aside, there is a reason why I'm in your dream right now, Discord." She said. "I have a favor I need to ask."

"Of course." He said. "But, why now? Couldn't you have waited until morning?"

Fluttershy looked down at the ground, shuffling her feet. "Um, you know that the Gala is tomorrow night."

"Yeah?" Discord replied, not so sure where this is going, but he had a feeling that he didn't like it.

"And, um, the girls and I have been waiting for it for months." Fluttershy continued nervously. "So we were wondering…. If it was okay if we went anyway?"

"WHAT?!" Discord shouted, making Fluttershy flinch. She had a feeling that he was going to react this way. "Absolutely not!"

"But Discord-" Fluttershy tried to reason, but she was cut off.

"If you girls set one foot out of that castle, there is a good chance that Chrysalis will kill you six once she finds you!"

"She won't!" Fluttershy retorted back, which was a little out of character for her. But the desire to go to the Gala gave her determination to defy her friend's orders.

"What makes you so sure about that?" Discord demanded.

Fluttershy's face softened into a smile. "Because you will be there with us." She said. "With me."

Discord felt all the anger immediately leave him and shock replaced it. "What?" He asked her.

"The other girls want to meet up with some friends of theirs at the Gala." Fluttershy explained.

"Sort of like dates?" Discord asked her.

She shrugged. "I don't know." She said. "If I ask, they'll probably try to deny it. But, I guess so."

"And since you don't have one, do you?" Discord questioned, feeling somewhat worried that his friend might have a date to go to the Gala already. "Remember what happened with the Smooze?" He flinched. "Great, now I'm bringing up my own mistakes."

Fluttershy giggled. "It happens to everyone." She assured him. "But no, I don't have a plus one. This time, I wanted to see, if, um…" She trailed off for a few seconds, looking down at her boots again. "You wanted to come along?"

"Really?" Discord asked, not believing his ears.

She nodded, looking back up at him. "And also, you would get us in and get us out before Chrysalis would know we were even there."

"So basically, it's a win-win for everyone?" Discord summed it up.

Fluttershy nodded. "So, can you let us go to the Gala?" She pleaded, looking directly into his multicolored eyes.

Once again, Discord found himself being mesmerized by those teal green eyes that are like the sea at morning. They were truly like sparkling gems. Finally, he sighed with a defeated huff.

"Fine." He said, making Fluttershy beam up at him. "But only for one hour. Then, we're out of there."

Immediately, there were dainty arms wrapping around his middle, squeezing him tight. "Thank you, Discord!" Fluttershy said. "The girls and I really appreciate this!"

The Lord of Chaos quickly found his arms wrapping around her petite frame and holding her close to him, his face almost touching her rose-scented hair. The two then remained in a comfortable silence like that for a few more seconds before Fluttershy broke the hug and looked up at the moon. There, there was pink rose petals blowing in the breeze.

"I guess that means that our time is almost up." She said softly. "The other girls must be getting that signal as well."

Immediately, there was faint figures appearing in a row, the girls appearing next to Fluttershy, and the boys appearing next to Discord. The Lord of Chaos could see that everyone else except Fluttershy and himself were see-through. But, as each one of the girls and their respective partners appeared, more stuff began blowing gently in the wind. Red rose petals around Twilight, autumn leaves around Applejack, blue feathers around Rainbow Dash, bubbles around Pinkie Pie and lilac petals around Rarity.

"We can see them, but they can't see us." Discord said aloud.

Fluttershy nodded. "Same for them." She added. "Also, we can hear them, but they can't hear us."

"Lulu must've put you girls up to this whole thing." Discord realized. "She is the only one I know that can pass through the Dream Realm at will. I should've known."

"We're glad she did, though." Fluttershy said. "Otherwise, we would've have tried to find another way to persuade you. You can be a bit hard-headed."

For the sake of humor, Discord banged his fist against his head, make it rattle with an echoing clang. "At least not literally." He joked.

The shy pegasus girl laughed at his little quip before her laughter faded. "Well, I guess it's time for all of us to go now." She said.

Discord had a funny feeling go up his spine when he saw the way Pinkie was looking at that boy with brown hair. "She's probably going to start a song, isn't she?" He asked.

Fluttershy shrugged. "If so, then that's okay." She answered.

Sure enough, as Pinkie looked into Cheese's eyes, she softly began to sing.

Pinkie: There is a world where hope
And dreams can last for all time.
A wondrous place to go,
You'll know it when your heart finds.

Then, Rarity joined in.

Rarity: Hearing our song as old as rhyme.
Hold my hand, we're gonna fly.
What a magic ride
And just a kiss away.

The girls all then started to sing.

All: If you can dream
The wish we're making on a star
Is coming true.

Applejack: The colors of the wind will lead
My heart right back to you.

All: 'Cause if you can dream
Reflections in a diamond sky
Come shining on through.

Rarity: Romance will always be so new
And love will save the day
If you can dream.

As they continued to see, the guys saw that the petals, leaves, feathers and bubbles surrounding each girl began to slowly circle above them. They all simultaneously reached out weakly for them, but they all backed away.

Fluttershy: Someday true love will come.
It's certain as the sunrise.

Applejack: One day, the truth will ring out clear
And you'll see the love in his eyes.

Twilight: It's a tale as old as time.
There's no mountain we can't climb
When you're finally mine
And just a kiss away.

All: If you can dream
The wish we're making on a star
Is coming true.

Applejack: The colors of the wind will lead
My heart right back to you.

All: 'Cause if you can dream
Reflections in a diamond sky
Come shining on through.

Rainbow Dash: Romance will always be so new,
And love will save the day
If you can dream.

The objects circling above the girls then began to descend around them. The wind that was blowing gently started to pick up a little more, making the weightless objects floating in the air start to become blurs.

Twilight: So the story goes,
Never die the rose.

Rarity: There's a whole new world,
Waiting there for us.

All: Waiting just for us!
If you can dream
The wish we're making on a star
Is coming true.

Applejack: The colors of the wind will lead
My heart right back to you.

All: 'Cause if you can dream
Reflections in a diamond sky
Come shining on through.

Fluttershy: Romance will always be so new.

Pinkie: And love will save the day, oh.

Rainbow: Love will save the day
If you can dream.

By now, the girls were beginning to fade away, and the floating weightless objects spun faster and faster.

All: You can dream.

Suddenly, the objects dissipated, showing that the girls had disappeared from view just as the sun began to appear in the horizon.

Author's Note:

A/N: Okay, the song I put in here is called "If You Can Dream" from the Disney Princess album. Don't question, it is a sweet song, and I thought it could work in this chapter.

Oh, yeah! Almost forgot! I have the results for the next couple of "Stories of True Love." And it will be... Cheesepie! Fluttercord once again made a close second place with just one point behind. Sorry, but after this couple, Fluttercord will get another chance. Maybe then, it can score first place.

Until the next chapter, I'll see y'all! Please let me know about what you think!

Got to fly! ;)