• Published 29th Oct 2017
  • 3,307 Views, 106 Comments

Beauty Lies Within - MiraculousDragonMaster



Six beautiful girls; best friends, soon find themselves facing an old enemy when she realizes that they are ruining her chance of revenge, all because they are more fair than she. A humanized AU based off Snow White.

  • ...
14
 106
 3,307

Being a Good Host

Beauty Lies Within

Chapter 13

Being a Good Host

A few minutes later, Discord had popped into the girls' room, surprising them from whatever they were doing. Twilight had closed her book she was reading and turned to the Lord of Chaos.

"Discord." She said. "You're back."

"Of course I am, Twilight." He said, adding with a mock bow, making the Princess of Friendship roll her eyes.

"Where had you been?" Fluttershy asked, coming up to her friend.

"I had been prepping something for you ladies, in accordance of me hosting you six here." He said. "Come with me." With a snap of his fingers, he had teleported himself and the girls outside.

The girls were in amazement at the large outdoor garden that they seemed to have missed back when they were exploring the castle. There were many types of colorful flowers; roses, tulips, daisies, violet, poppies, and lilies, that were acting as a border around the area, and to Fluttershy's delight, some of her animal friends were there, playing around. The girls were also pleasantly surprised to see their own pets waiting for them to come over.

"Wow!" The girls exclaimed.

"This is absolutely lovely!" Rarity said in awe. She then clapped her hands with joy when she saw her cat, Opalenscence.

"Not bad." Rainbow Dash said. She then smiled widely when she saw her tortoise, Tank, with his propeller on and flies around.

Fluttershy turned to Discord and gave him a large hug. "Thank you, Discord!" She said.

Discord couldn't quite understand what had happened then, but the feeling of the petite and gentle girl having her arms wrapped around him brought a tingling sensation throughout his body. It wasn't a magical surge, but it still brought a weird feeling.

Fluttershy didn't know why she wasn't letting go, but she felt like she didn't want to. Being around her chaotic yet thoughtful and protective friend always made her feel safe and happy.

To both of their hidden disappointment, Fluttershy released Discord and joined her friends out into the garden. As he watched her hang out and talk with her friends and animals, he was already missing that strange warmth he felt when she was so close to him.

He shook his head. "What am I thinking?" He scolded himself. "She is my friend! I shouldn't be thinking about her like that!"

Yet a miniature copy of him popped up on his shoulder and brought that thought down. "Oh, really? Yet why did you feel all squishy inside, like you were going to melt into a puddle?" The copy then literally melted like ice cream onto Discord's shoulder.

The Lord of Chaos ignored the little version of himself, and made a napkin appear and wiped away the copy. He looked out over to where the girls were having some fun. Maybe he could just watch them for now.


Meanwhile, Fluttershy was lying down on the grass, with her bunny Angel cuddling against her lap. Rarity was beside her, petting Opal gently. Pinkie was hugging her little alligator, Gummy. Twilight was stroking the top feathers of her pet owl, Owlowicious. The owl then flapped up onto her shoulder and nuzzled her face. Applejack was playing fetch with her collie dog, Winona, laughing loudly. And Rainbow was racing with Tank, calling out to her tortoise.

The girls knew that this day just couldn't get any better. For that one moment, it was as if they had forgotten that an old enemy was after them.

"Hey, girls." Fluttershy called to them. AJ and Rainbow stopped and went over to the others, with their pets following them. "You know that I always sing whenever I'm with the animals. Is it okay if I-"

"You don't even need to ask." Pinkie cut her off. "We know that you have an amazing voice, and we like hearing you sing."

"Well, you girls all have very nice voices, too." Fluttershy said, feeling a little embarrassed by the praise. "But, thank you."

"Go on, Flutters." Rainbow said. "You know we don't mind."

Fluttershy smiled. She then stood up while cradling Angel in her arms, much to his delight. "If you feel like joining, I won't mind, either." She said to the other girls. "It would make me feel a little better."

The girls nodded. Fluttershy then let Angel down before she gently began flying around the birds. As the gentle wind brushed her hair, and the birds chirping to her, the kind girl remembered times when she was younger and dreamed of finding a true love. With those memories flooding her head, Fluttershy began to sing.

Fluttershy: Someday my prince will come,
Someday I'll find my love,
And how thrilling that moment will be,
When the prince of my dreams comes to me!

Applejack smiled softly at her friend singing while subtly dancing on air. As she stroked Winona, she remembered that she would always dream of having a better life for her and her family. She still has that dream, and that feeling of nostalgia caused her to sing along.

Applejack: A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep.
In dreams you will lose your heartaches,
Whatever you wish for, you keep.

Rarity giggled when she had her childhood fantasies of a fairytale romance fill her mind as she brushed Opal's fur. She had always dreamed of finding her true love. Thoughts of a certain nobleman then caused her to blush a gentle pink as she too started to sing, putting her cat down and began twirling around.

Rarity: I know you,
I walked with you once upon a dream.
I know you,
The gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam.

Yet I know its true,
That visions are seldom all they seem.
But if I know you,
I know what you'll do.

You'll love me at once,
The way you did once upon a dream.

Pinkie put Gummy on her head for him to hang on with his toothless jaws while she started skipping over to a small pond, and looked down at her reflection. She then looked up and over towards the dark forest, knowing that just beyond it, was her home.

Pinkie: I wanna be where the people are.
I wanna see, wanna see 'em dancing
Walking around on those...

"Uh..." Pinkie trailed off, scratching her head.

"Really?" Rainbow asked her from her spot under a nearby tree, crossing her arms while raising an eyebrow.

"Kidding!" Pinkie said cheerfully, making Rainbow roll her eyes. The hyperactive party girl resumed her singing.

Up where they walk,
Up where they run,
Up where they stay all day in the sun.

Wandering free,
Wish I could be part of that world.

Twilight then stood up from her spot, with Owlowicious on her shoulder. Memories of her favorite guard flooded her mind, making her blush a light red. She remembered that she just couldn't talk to him, and acted so awkward around him. But, he still remained kind and courteous as he started to get closer to her. Soon, the two of them can chat like they were old friends when they were alone. Sometimes, Twilight would wonder why she was even acting so weird around him in the first place. He was just a guy, and one that makes her heart beat more rapidly than normal, and who always makes her smile.

Twilight: There's something sweet and almost kind.
But though I was so strange, he didn't mind.
That shows he's dear and a bit unsure,
I wonder why I didn't see it there before.

Rainbow suddenly zoomed up, with Tank following her at his own steady pace. Once she reached the altitude she wanted, she looked all around her, admiring the view. Whenever she was up in the sky, it was like a whole other world, a world where she belonged. But, someone, whenever he would hang out with her, makes her feel that he is really the world she would want to belong to.

Rainbow Dash: A whole new world!
A dazzling place I never knew.
But when I'm way up here, it's crystal clear
That now I'm in a whole new world with you.

Applejack then began racing Winona to the top of a hill, where the wind was blowing red and orange flower petals around. Thoughts of a certain draconic boy filled her mind as she remembered that they are very different, yet at the same time, they had so much in common. Their pasts, loss of loved ones, their loyalty to their friends, just to name a few.

Applejack: And you'll never hear the wolf cry to the blue corn moon.
Or whether we are not the same of kin.
We need to sing with all the voices of the mountains.
We need to paint with all the colors of the wind.

Rainbow was riding the breeze that the petals were flying through, and then, she stopped above the pond where Pinkie was. As she gazed down at her reflection, she recalled the times she was teased of her tomboy personality. Yet, this is who she is, and if someone has problems with that, then that's their loss, and they can't do anything about it. And her best friend on the Wonderbolts wouldn't change a thing about her, that much she knew.

Rainbow: Who is that girl I see, staring straight back at me?
Why is my reflection someone I don't know?

Fluttershy then flitted over to her oldest friend and began to spin her around while singing. As she did, she pointed out her song to everyone else listening, making them either roll their eyes or blush a little bit. Rarity, however, began to sing along to the tune.

Fluttershy: How do you know, he loves you?
How do you know, he's yours?

Rarity: Well, does he leave a little note to tell you,
You are on his mind?
Send you yellow flowers when the sky is gray?

Both: That's how you know,
That's how you know, he's your love.

AJ eventually brushed off their teasing and remembered what she had told her granny just a couple of days earlier. She doesn't want to settle down until she knows that her family is well taken care of. Yet, a boy with green hair and purple skin seemed to make her get second thoughts about what she had said.

Applejack: So I work real hard each and everyday.
Now things for sure are going my way.
Just doing what I do.
Look out boys, I'm coming through.

And I'm almost there! I'm almost there.
People gonna come here from everywhere
And I'm almost there.

Pinkie then started skipping along again while singing. She recalled her life on her family's rock farm. No laughing, no smiling, no joy. But soon, she found her purpose in life, and it explained why she was so different than everyone else in her family. Maybe, she could find that someone special that make her life much brighter. And he could be closer than she thinks.

Pinkie: 7 AM, the usual morning line up:
Start on the chores and sweep 'til the floor's all clean,
Polish and wax, do laundry, and mop and shine up.
Sweep again, and by then, it's like 7:15!

And so I'll read a book or maybe two or three.
I'll add a few new paintings to my gallery.
I'll play guitar and knit, and cook and basically
Just wonder when will my life begin?

Rainbow started to zip through the air, feeling the crisp wind in her hair and hitting her face. This was freedom, and she wouldn't trade it almost anything. The more important things to her are her family and friends. Maybe, even someone who is really starting to flood her mind with a lot of strange mushiness. Yet, as much as she was disgusted by the amount of mushy stuff, it still made her feel warm inside, and the smile that would come on her face wouldn't leave.

Rainbow: When the cold wind is a-calling,
And the sky is clear and bright,
Misty mountains sing and beckon,
Lead me out into the light.

I will ride, I will fly,
Chase the wind and touch the sky,
I will fly,
Chase the wind and touch the sky.

Pinkie started spinning in circles at the thought of that one boy that made her smile non-stop and her heart beat faster than when she would have one of her sugar rushes. As she would recall, she was the last of her friends to meet a potential love interest. Well, Fluttershy still hasn't. But, even if the shy girl had found someone and she didn't even know it, Pinkie still would've been the last one out of all six of them. But, it shows that it really is never too late to find love.

Pinkie: For the first time in forever,
There'll be magic, there'll be fun.
For the first time in forever,
I could be noticed by someone.

And I know it's totally crazy
To dream I'd find romance.
But for the first time in forever,
At least I've got a chance.

Finally, Twilight remembered that as a princess, she would be expected to keep her personal feelings aside when it comes to certain matters. Yet, when she had started to befriend that particular guard that would occupy her mind most of the time, she learned to just be herself around him. And he now doesn't care that she is a princess. They're just really good friends, that she kind of hoped would one day become something more.

Twilight: Don't let them in, don't let them see.
Be the good girl you always had to be.
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know!
Well, now they know!

Then, all six of them began singing together.

All: Let it go! Let it go!
And I'll rise like the break of dawn.
Let it go, let it go!
That perfect girl is gone!

Here I stand in the light of day.
Let the storm rage on!
The fights never bothered me anyway!

The girls all started laughing and enjoying their time again before heading inside a few minutes later.


There, in the main foyer, Discord was waiting for them. "I'll be checking in on you six every day." He said. "Also to hang out with all of you if you want."

Rainbow snickered. "Since when does the Lord of Chaos worry about six girls?" She teased.

Discord rolled his eyes. "Well, since that shifty insect can be anywhere, and can easily inflitrate anything, I have put up that barrier so that nothing or no one can get in or out." He said. "And though I know very well that you ladies can handle pretty much anything, I'm not taking any chances."

"Thank you again, Discord." Fluttershy said to her friend.

Discord made a top hat appear on his head and bowed to her, while taking it off. "It's nothing much."

Fluttershy slightly blushed at his polite act, which didn't go unnoticed by Pinkie and Rarity. Discord then vanished into thin air.

"Well, we best get used to this." Rarity said.

"How about we have a party?" Pinkie suggested. "I've brought our instruments so that we can rock out!"

"Sounds okay." Twilight said. "When can we have it?"

"How about today?" Pinkie piped up. The girls gave her weird looks. "Tomorrow?" She tried again, yet the same reaction happened.

"We still need to get used to living here until we have Chrysalis found." Twilight reminded. "How about in a couple of weeks?" She suggested.

"Fine." Pinkie complied. It wasn't as soon as she wanted it to be, but at least they'll be having a party.

"Come on, y'all." Applejack said, who was heading up the stairs. "The sun is going down now. Let's get some shuteye."

The girls nodded their agreements, and followed the cowgirl up the stairs to their room.

Author's Note:

A/N: Okay, how was that? In the next chapter, we're going to skip ahead a couple of weeks, but not right to the party. instead, we will see how Equestria is faring without the Mane 6, especially with their love interests.

The song I used is a Disney Princess medley sung by Evynne Hollens. I really liked it when I heard it, and I thought it could work. I tried to match each girl to a princess that kind of fits each of their personalities. Except for the last song. I have seen all of them fit as Elsa, so, I just went with all of them finishing together.

https://m.

Anyway, I hoped y'all have enjoyed this. Please let me know what you think.

Got to fly! ;)