• Published 29th Oct 2017
  • 3,307 Views, 106 Comments

Beauty Lies Within - MiraculousDragonMaster



Six beautiful girls; best friends, soon find themselves facing an old enemy when she realizes that they are ruining her chance of revenge, all because they are more fair than she. A humanized AU based off Snow White.

  • ...
14
 106
 3,307

Haunting Visions

Beauty Lies Within

Chapter 14

Haunting Visions

Three weeks later

Spike looked out towards the ocean as it gently touched the Manehattan shoreline, listening to them softly crash onto the sand. It had been three weeks since Twilight and the other girls went missing. He just felt so angry, confused, and worried about them. And he wasn't the only one who was most likely feeling this way. The memory of the news came back into his mind, eating away at his consciousness.


Flashback

Spike was pacing the floor of the main foyer of the castle, his hands behind his back. The new guard, Flash Sentry, was watching him literally wear a line into the purple crystal floor.

"They're so late!" The draconic young man exclaimed as he kept on going back and forth. "This is just not like them! Especially for Twilight!"

Flash tried to reassure him. "Calm down, Spike." He said, placing a hand on Spike's shoulder, stopping him in his pacing. "I'm sure that there is just a small delay. They'll be here any minute."

Suddenly, Spike felt and heard his stomach lurch loudly. He quickly held his breath before he belched out a stream of green fire, with Flash barely dodging the flames. A scroll then magically appeared from the green flames, and Flash flew up to get it. He unrolled it once he was back on the ground and began to read it.

"What is it?" Spike asked.

Flash looked up from the scroll, worry finally showing in his face. "Princess Celestia needs to speak with us." He said. "It's urgent."

The two didn't share another word as they both bolted out of the castle. Flash grabbed Spike's arm and he zoomed up into the air, towards Canterlot.


In a matter of minutes, the two had arrived at the castle. Spike was a little dizzy from the fast ride, but he quickly shook it off as he quickly followed Flash into the throne room.

The Princesses, Celestia and Luna, were sitting at their thrones, and standing in front of them were Starlight Glimmer and Thorax. Princess Celestia was looking majestic as usual, with her pure white skin, violet eyes, flowing pastel aurora hair, and wearing her usual golden dress with white trim. Her sister, Princess Luna, was equally majestic, with her sharp contrasts of charcoal blue skin, aqua turquoise eyes, dark blue hair, and wearing her usual pale purple dress.

"Thorax?" Spike asked, seeing his friend here.

The Changeling King looked to see his first friend there. "You made it, Spike." He said. But, he didn't sound very excited.

"We came as soon as we got the message." Flash said after he bowed to the Princesses. "What happened?"

Starlight and Thorax looked down with worry. Spike and Flash knew right then that there was something very wrong. Celestia then stood up from her throne.

"Thorax and Starlight came here in order to warn us." The Princess of the Sun said.

"About what?" Spike asked.

Starlight came up to him. "We believe that Chrysalis has returned."

Spike gasped. "What?!"

"You mean the Changeling Queen that Captain Shining Armor and Princess Cadence defeated three years ago?" Flash asked.

"The very same." Starlight said. "And who Thorax and his followers broke away from her rule."

"Does Chrysalis have something to do with the girls going missing?" Spike questioned.

"Actually, yes." Thorax said. "She is targeting them to do away with them."

"Do away with them?" Celestia asked, horrified.

"Are they in danger?" Luna added in. Spike and Flash both also leaned in closer to Starlight and Thorax, silently asking the same question.

"Not at the moment." Thorax assured everyone. "Starlight and I saved the girls from some of Chrysalis' spies. After telling them what we know so far, we decided that it would be best for them to go and hide until we find the queen."

"Where are they now?" Flash asked.

"I'm sorry." Starlight said, shaking her head. "It's best that we don't tell you. The less people who know where they are, the more safe they will be."

Celestia sighed in resignation. "It would seem that all we could do now is just hope that they are safe and that Chrysalis will not find them." She then turned to Thorax. "We will secretly dispatch guards to scour the city. If they see anything suspicious, they are to report it to us first before we take matters into our own hands."

Thorax nodded. "We have already informed Shining Armor and Cadence about the situation." He said.

However, the rest of what Thorax was saying turned silent as Spike and Flash could only hear their blood freeze and their hearts pounding in their ears. This news was definitely not going to be easy to swallow.

End of Flashback


Over the course of the next three weeks, Flash and Spike let some friends of the girls know about what happened to the girls, but swore them to secrecy while being careful that it was the real ones. Luckily for them, they were.

Soarin' had been getting worried about Rainbow Dash not showing up to Wonderbolt training ever since the deadline had passed. When Flash told them what happened, he wanted to zoom out and search all of Equestria right then. However, his friend stopped him, telling him that she was fine, but unfortunately not coming back right then. The heavy weight that wanted to drag his wings to the ground in flight, it was infuriating to not go look for Rainbow.

Cheese also had the same reaction as Soarin' when he heard about what happened to Pinkie. But, Spike managed to convince him that she will eventually come back, once the threat made is gone for good.

Spike wanted to call for Discord to tell him the news about Fluttershy and ask for his help, but he decided against it. Who knows what he might do if he knew that Fluttershy was gone. He wasn't that blind; every time when the two of them would have some tea, he would always act a little too nice to her, as if he was flirting with her. But, he didn't say anything about it, because the Lord of Chaos might turn him into a fish and barbecue him if he said something he probably shouldn't know.

Fancy Pants also was concerned for Rarity, but Spike told him the same thing he said to Cheese. The only thing that managed to ease his mind and the other's was to organize their own search party with the five of them, scouring Manehattan, which was the last place the girls were before they were forced into hiding who know where.

But, after a whole day of splitting up and searching high and low, it was proving to be futile. Flash slowly dragged his feet towards the beach. Luckily, there was no one around to see him sulking. The guard looked out towards the ocean.

Where are you, Twilight? He thought to himself. Images of the Princess of Friendship then flooded his mind. Her long indigo hair with the purple and pink streaks in it, representing her namesake of twilight. Her amythest eyes. Her kind smile that always brightened up his day. And her voice, oh her voice. When he heard her singing that day, the last time he saw her, it was like the only thing he was hearing in his head. He shook his head a little so that he could think a little better. But, he himself was starting to sing, wondering where did his princess go.

Flash Sentry: Where did she go?
Where can she be?
When will she come again,
Calling to me?

Calling to me.
Calling to me.

As he continued singing, Flash walked over to the shoreline, where the ocean was touching the sand. He then looked out where Celestia's sun was going down over the horizon.

Somewhere there's a girl
Who's like the shimmer of the wind upon the water.

On another part of the beach, Spike was just as close to the water. Usually, when he gets worried about the girls, after fretting about Twilight, he worries about Rarity. However, this time, there was a different girl that he was more concerned about. As the sun was turning the reflection of the ocean golden, images of Applejack came into his mind. Her golden hair. Her emerald green eyes that always bore a hole right through his very soul, no matter how many times he had dismissed it. And her voice, it just kept ringing through his brain. It was so clear, beautiful, and cute with that country twang.

Spike: Somewhere there's a girl
Who's like the glimmer of the sunlight on the sea.

Further north up the beach, Cheese sat down on the sand, glumly looking out over the ocean. He couldn't stop worrying about Pinkie. She was the reason he had found his purpose in life, and now, it feels like he had lost it. Her cotton candy pink complexion, her light blue eyes, those eyes that are matching the water right now at sunset. Her voice, though. He could never get bored of hearing it, and that time when they sung together when they decided to work together. They were meant to be, he knew it. But now, she's gone.

Cheese Sandwich: Somewhere there's a girl
Who's like a swell of endless music.

Then, no matter where they were on the beach, all of the boys all started to sing.

All: Somewhere she is singing,
And her song is meant for me.

And her voice,

Flash: It's sweet as angels sighing.

All: And her voice,

Spike: It's warm as summer sky.

Over at the southern tip of the beach, Soarin' was up in the air, looking out over the horizon. He knew that Rainbow Dash could handle anything, but he still couldn't help it when she gets herself into trouble. But now that she's gone, his focus was not enough when it came to flying. It just didn't feel right unless she was beside him. Her prismatic hair whipping through the wind like a real fluttering rainbow, her magenta eyes that always saw right through him. And though he would never say this in front of her face because she might punch him, but her voice on that day, it was definitely something worth listening to. He wouldn't mind if she displayed her softer side more often to him.

Soarin': And that sound,
It haunts my dreams
And spins me 'round
Until it seems
I'm flying.

He breathed out heavily when an image of Rainbow appeared in his mind, but then she vanished while giving him a bright smile.

Back at his spot on the beach, Cheese stood up and went a little further out into the ocean. The water was dampening his pants and shoes, but he didn't care.

Cheese: I can sense her laughter
In the ripple of the waves against the shoreline.

Over at the spot closest to the mostly sleeping city of Manehattan, Fancy Pants sat down at a beach table, taking a break from searching and watching the sun go from yellow to orange. The sea was looking darker, with a bright orange ripple going down the middle.

He knew first-hand that even though Rarity was the more sophisticated one out of her group of friends, but she does know how to stand her ground. Back when she chose to embrace her background and stick with her friends, even if it would've risked her new reputation in Canterlot. He definitely admired that, as well as many other things about her. Her perfect purple hair always styled in curls, her sapphire blue eyes that matched the depths of the ocean right now. Also, her voice was one to remember of course. Fancy only wished that there was some clue as to where she is.

Fancy Pants: I can see her smiling
In the moonlight as it settles on the sand.

Back with Flash, he took a stone from the sand, and skipped it, watching it go four hops before sinking into the water. The mood he was feeling was just so heavy, and he knew that the other guys were feeling the same thing.

Flash: I can feel her waiting
Just beyond the pale horizon,

Then, all of the guys starting singing together again, no matter where they were.

All: Singing out a melody too lovely to withstand.

And her voice,

Fancy: It's there as dusk is falling.

All: And her voice,

Spike: It's there as dawn steals by.

All: Pure and bright, it's always near.
All day, all night,
And still I hear it calling.
Her voice.

Their singing eventually became a little quieter as they all began to head over to their rendevous point, each hoping that maybe one of them found at least something.

Strange as a dream.
Real as the sea.
If you can hear me now,
Come set me free.
Come set me free!

When the song ended, the guys had met up at their spot, and from the looks on their faces, they knew that the search was a failure.


A few hours later, over at Canterlot Castle, Celestia had finished lowering the sun so that Luna can begin the moon's cycle. The Princess of the Sun slowly walked out to a balcony, feeling the night air hit her arms. The sky was turning a dark purple, with stars dotting it, and her sister's moon shining like a beacon. But, even the beautiful night her sister created did nothing to lighten her mood.

She couldn't help but worry about the girls. Those special girls that each represent an Element of Harmony. One, of course, was her former student, and the others each found a personal spot in her heart, even if they didn't interact much. The saddened princess then began to sing, soft yet strong as a prayer, hoping that someone somewhere could hear it and answer it.

Celestia: I know there's someone,
Somewhere, someone
Who's sure to find them soon.

After the rain goes,
There are rainbows.
They'll find their rainbows soon.

In her mind, she could just picture Spike and that guard, Flash Sentry, tossing and turning in their beds, too worried about the girls to even sleep. Maybe even others are going through the same thing.

Soon, those breaking hearts will mend.
Soon, a happy ending.

Celestia then began pouring her whole soul into her lament. The girls must be found soon. Not just because they are Equestria's strongest means of defense and power, but because they are a huge part of so many lives. Some, more closer than others. It felt like Equestria couldn't even function without them.

Troubles behind them,
Someone find them
Homeward bound,
Safe and sound and soon.

Celestia drooped her head down, silently weeping. Unknown to her, Luna had saw the whole thing. Her heart broke for her sister. She, too, was saddened of the girls' disappearance.

The Princess of the Moon then looked up at her starry night sky with determination. She will find them. It was almost time to begin her duties. And she knew that somewhere, the girls are dreaming, and there, she will reach them. She owed them her life for saving her from her dark side as Nightmare Moon, and for not giving up on her when the Tantabus invaded their dreams. This was the least she could for them in return.

Author's Note:

A/N: Whew! Man, this was long. But, I really hoped it was worth it.

Okay, so maybe the last chapter wasn't one of my best ones. But, perhaps this one can make up for it. And this chapter is probably the longest one in this story so far. Then again, I could be wrong.

The songs I used are "Her Voice" from the Broadway version of The Little Mermaid, and the reprise of "Soon" from Don Bluth's Thumbelina. I thought that both of these songs could work in this story. I hope they do.

Well, I guess I'll see all you guys in Chapter 15 next, where we will see what the girls have been doing, and what's going on with them.

Until then, see y'all! Please let me know about what you think.

Got to fly! ;)