• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 1,622 Views, 41 Comments

Uncommon Tastes - Iamanoobatwriting



It's about Rainbow Dash and Rarity

  • ...
3
 41
 1,622

Chapter One

Uncommon Tastes

As Rarity was inside the Carousel Boutique preoccupied with her ideas for a new design of dresses that were commissioned to her for the season, she became distracted as she looked out the window. She saw Rainbow Dash flying around Ponyville and was attempting new moves to impress the Wonderbolts for the next time she saw them as she was showing off to Fluttershy and Pinkie. Rarity always knew that her friend had wanted to join the Wonderbolts, and as the element of Generosity, she put her current ideas aside and started to draft an outfit for Dash that would surely make her delighted. She remembered of the time when Dash had performed the Sonic Rainboom to save the Wonderbolts' and Rarity's life. Crafting this outfit for the pegasus was like a 'thank you' present for them. Hours had passed of sewing and designing it to be almost like a replica of the real Wonderbolt outfit, and soon it was already noon.

After a hard day’s work on creating the outfit, she was pleased with the outcome of the suit, and knew that the Pegasus would be happy about it too. Rarity sighed happily as she tiredly went to bed, imagining how Rainbow would react once she saw what Rarity had made just for her.The sun finally rose, and as it shone through the windows of her bedroom, Rarity yawned and saw how bright the day would be today and it made her really happy. She just knew that today would be a great day. As she finally got ready for the day, she happily thought of the outfit she worked really hard on.

“I know that dear Rainbow Dash would love what I’ve made for her!” She exclaimed to herself as she went down to open her store. Sometimes she and Rainbow didn't get along, but she was still her friend and it always made her content to make others happy. It was a boring day like mostly every other day in the shop. Just providing the requests from ponies and creating the outfits quickly. She wished that Hoity-Toity or maybe even Photo Finish again would come to her store, asking her to make something extravagant. Once the store was closed for the day, she stepped outside and saw that Dash was sleeping on a cloud as usual. As she frolicked below her friend’s slumbering spot, she called out her name.

“Rainbow, darling!” She yelled happily at the sleeping pony. No answer. “Rainbow, dear; I have something for you!” Rarity yelled at her, still with a smile on her face. There was still no answer. She became irate rather easily and yelled Rainbow Dash’s name as earsplitting as she could that almost everypony in town had heard her. Finally, the Pegasus awoke hastily and looked around to see who had said that. Once she looked down, she saw Rarity wave at her. The cyan mare sighed and rubbed her weary eyes.

“What is it, Rarity!? Can’t you see that I’m busy here?” Rainbow scoffed angrily before yawning. She almost went back to sleep, but a second later the unicorn spoke up again.

“I have something delightful in my shop, and I’d like you to see it. Maybe even try it out, if you like it.” Rarity smiled cheerfully at the exhausted and annoyed looking Pegasus. She really wanted to impress Rainbow Dash for some reason. Even though if she sometimes thought of Dash as a brash braggart, she was still her friend and wanted to help her pursue her ambition of being a Wonderbolt. A minute passed and no answer. Rarity’s smile became glum and as she started to walk back to her house, the other pony finally spoke.

“Okay, Rarity.” Rainbow said to the unicorn as she flew down next to them. “But if it’s going to be a waste of my time, then I’m outta there!” Rarity gleefully smiled at the cyan pony and dragged her quickly back to the shop. She just knew it wouldn't waste her friend's time at all.

Once they finally got there, Rainbow looked around with an uninterested expression on her face as she waited for Rarity to bring her the outfit she really wanted Rainbow to try on. Once she came back to Rainbow, Dash’s eyes widened and her miserable frown turned into an ecstatic grin on her face. It was a Wonderbolt outfit, and it looked precisely like the original ones they wore.

“Rarity…” her eyes beamed with joy and excitement as Rarity gave her the suit.

“Be a dear and try it on for me, please?” Rarity joyfully smiled at the Pegasus who was actually so eager try it on. Rainbow thought this was the best thing her unicorn friend made for her that was actually cool to her. She was grateful and went to the dressing room to try it on. As Rarity waited, she kept thinking back from minutes ago when she saw how happy Dash looked once she saw the outfit that Rarity created just for her.

“Why am I really actually trying to impress her?” she thought to herself as she waited for her friend. She was irritated about the thought, and before she could think of an answer, Rainbow stepped out of the fitting room coyly, which surprised the unicorn. She thought Dash would come bursting out of the dressing room with a huge smile on their face, acting like a showoff as usual.

“Does.. Does it look good on me?” Rainbow said with an embarrassed tone in her voice as she walked over to her friend. Rarity blushed and then smiled happily at her, tidying up the outfit to not make it look all wrinkly. As she looked at Rainbow, she saw her as a Wonderbolt who finally had their dreams come true. She thought that she did a very impressive job on the outfit and was delighted that Rainbow loved it too.

“It looks quite dashing on you.” She smiled at the cyan Pegasus. Rainbow smiled at her friend with happiness and as both stared into each other’s eyes for a few seconds quietly, she finally broke the silence by thanking her friend and giving her a hug. The unicorn was surprised by this action; she never thought of Rainbow as a pony who hugs, but she didn’t care for right now and embraced her.

"So why did you make this outfit for me?" Rainbow grinned at the unicorn whose only thoughts were about how good Dash looked in that Wonderbolt outfit.

"What was the question again, darling?" Rarity asked the other pony once she stopped daydreaming and had an embarrassed smile on her face.

"Why'd you make the outfit?" Dash asked again, and seemed somewhat irritated. She didn't like repeating things to other ponies.

"A small thank you for saving my life that one time." The unicorn smiled timidly. They both reminisced back to the competition and Rarity's wings had disintegrated into ashes as she hovered high in the sky. As she thought she would fall to her death, the Wonderbolts had tried to save her, but they were knocked out by the flailing limbs of the petrified unicorn. However, it was Rainbow Dash who had saved them all by using her notorious Sonic Rainboom to catch up to them.

"Thanks again, Rare." Rainbow cheerfully smiled at them before giving them another hug. The Pegasus then flew away to practice, leaving Rarity outside of the shop alone, who just sighed sadly and walked back to her house. As she stared out the window before going to bed, Rarity swore she'd seen Dash flying around while wearing the Wonderbolt outfit she made just for her, doing tricks up in the sky while the huge, bright, yellow moon was right behind them. It was an amazing sight to the unicorn, who wished that the Pegasus would someday let her come with them during their nightly flights. Once she closed her eyes, she couldn’t help but just think of Rainbow Dash.

“She’s so uncouth most of the time.. And brash.. also such a show-off..” She was thinking to herself as she twist and turned on her bed. She couldn't sleep at all and stared right up at the ceiling. She thought of how today she really made the cyan Pegasus the happiest they could be. “But she’s still loyal, and is a wonderful pony deep inside her heart. Oh what am I saying!?” She was surprised that she had actually developed feelings for the Pegasus. She thought that she and Rainbow could never be.

“If I was ever with her, it would be a disaster! She’s like the opposite of me! It’s so uncommon for somepony as flamboyant and elegant as me to be with somepony… like.. her..” She cried out before dozing off to sleep. Once asleep, all she could dream about was her and Rainbow Dash together.

----

Now don't be harsh on me when you comment; I'm new at writing stories like this and I just need some tips on how to improve my writing. If a lot of people like it, I would actually love to write another chapter! Thank you in advance if you liked this story and would gladly help me out.