• Published 22nd Jul 2012
  • 3,240 Views, 102 Comments

Doctor Horrible is Adorable - Scarlett Haze



The good Dr. Horrible is now Fluttershy, can't exactly get anymore crazy than that

  • ...
8
 102
 3,240

Act 3, Scene 1

Moist pushed himself from the ground and stood up. Gosh, everything looked SO much taller! In fact, he thought that it all looked... pastel-ish... Heh. The way it looked was a... lot... like...

Oh god, no.

Moist made an attempt to stretch up, there is NO WAY he could be SO short that the grass could reach his waist! His... white... furry... waist... After patting himself down, Moist came to both an amazing and horrifying conclusion. He was a bunny rabbit. Robo-Horrible has gone too far! Forcibly transporting him into this world and NOW turning him into an animal?

He had to do something, and the only thing he knew was that he needed to get in contact with Dr. Horrible to sort the mess out!

Moist looked up to the sky and remembered his last contact with Doctor Horrible. He was now here, but where was he? Or she?

***

Sunset Boulevard walked into Snowflake's office, his large body being in stark contrast with the desk he sat at, making him hunch over.

"So they say Captain Clamor’s become a crusader

A Radical – She’s tearing up the camp"

Snowflake's eyes shot up from his paperwork.

"WHAT'S THAT!?"

In another part of the camp, Dumb Bell, Hoops, and Score were huddled together with a mysterious package.

So they say that it’s real change

So amazing!

Hoops looked at the postal sticker and gave a cheeky smile.

She signed this.

At Bad Horse's secret location, Rainbow Dash had been fiddling with some paperwork and was overseeing the large containers of red dye that were around her.


So they say we’ll have a big speech

We can do it all by Monday

Thanks to you

Gilda gave a confident chuckle as she kicked back, looking at the ceiling.

Thanks to me

The trio of bullies pushed the package to the cafeteria area.

It’s the perfect crime scene

So they say

A prankster leading the way

Clamor’s call to glory

Let’s all do our best

Come on, let's play!

As they opened the package in the empty kitchen, each of them set to work on finding what food was going to be served today.

So they say she saved her life

They say she works with the uncool

And doesn’t eat meat

We have no problem with her

This is her feather.

Gilda looked through a listing of ponies and found Fluttershy's name on it.

This is so nice

Just might prank the same pony twice

They say it’s better the second time

They say you get to do the cool stuff

From nowhere, the trio came into the room, each joyously bumping hooves with each other.

We do the cool stuff!

Robo-Horrible sat at his blog desk, his fists clenched as a gate was set behind him.

This is perfect for me

So I say

This day will be mine today

After days of angry

Typing have I finally found a way?

As Horrible was trying to push himself with his wings to get through one hoop, Rainbow began to have doubts about the actions that she was doing with Gilda.

There’s A happy ending

So they say

But for me it's today

Should I stop pretending

Or is this a brand new day?

Take the chance to build a brand new day!

Score pulled Hoops and Dumb Bell aside and opened a piece of paper.

This is her dry cleaning bill

Four sweater vests?

***

I've tried my best to get this body up in the air, with little success. This was the last week for the camp teams to garner points for each other and I am fully determined to at least get a small amount of my own added.

"Think this through for a moment, this shouldn't be difficult," I muttered, although it wouldn't matter if I did say it aloud anyway. "Going through a hoop is a single point, nowhere does it say where I have to be in order to get through it..."

I looked around for the closest hoop to a building and found one rather close to a hanger's roof. Using a ladder I climbed to the roof and focused my intent on the hoop before me. This was it. This was the one. Right after these two...

With a few flaps, I only got a few inches off the ground.

"Alright, Horrible. Just need to get through it. Just flap REALLY hard this time!" I thought, getting two good pushes up to the hoop.

I was halfway through and a large smile was on my face. Success couldn't have felt sweeter, especially when I saw Sunset Boulevard looking in my direction; a witness to my actions.

In my carelessness in taking in my pride, I neglected to keep my wings going and found myself hurling toward impending doom. It's okay though, despite the fact that I slid down a hill, flung into the air, and managed to take out one of the camp flags in one motion, I was in one piece. Though saying that, my mental state was FAR from manageable.

"No pony saw that, PLEASE let no pony have seen THAT!"

"Nice going Klut-ershy!"

I raised my head from the flag and saw the two bullies again. Who were they called? One of them had basketballs as his cutie mark... that's really I can remember right now...

"They ought to ground you, PERMANENTLY," Dumb Bell told me. (THAT WAS HIS NAME! That makes much more sense now...)

"Ha! My baby brother can fly better than you," Hoops added.

I could help but feel the humiliation run deep into my core, but something caught my eye beyond the two who were staring down at me, a streak of rainbow colors.

Before we all realized it, Rainbow Dash was right there. Staring down the two colts that had been laughing at me.

"Leave her alone," she yelled.

For a moment, I thought I was dreaming. Rainbow Dash, the leader of Bad Horse, the head of the pranking team and causer of many humiliations, was standing up for me.

"Ooh! And what are you going to do? Rainbow CRASH?" Hoops responded, shocking me once again. Was there a fallout between Rainbow and these two? Was Rainbow thrown out of her own club? Perhaps those two were? Maybe this was an elaborate prank in order to catch me off guard?

"Keep making fun of her, and find out," Dash threatened.

"You think you're such a big shot?" Dumb Bell asked, slightly hinting that perhaps the theory of the two being thrown out was correct. "Why don't you prove it?"

"What do you have in mind?" Rainbow asked.

"Nothing special, how about a race around the big track? Fastest one wins," Dumb Bell stated.

"You're on! You can say good-bye to Clamor's points, because after I win, it'll be all Uproar!" Rainbow Dash yelled, prompting a few cheers to her side.

After the two left, Rainbow Dash gave a slightly forgiving smile.

"Hey, about what happened, you know, with Gilda's paintballs? I've been thinking about it and it wasn't really a good prank," she said, a hoof rubbing the back of her neck.

"It wasn't so bad..." I mumbled, trying to recuperate whatever pride I had left off the cloud floor.

Rainbow Dash kept her eyes on me as I rubbed my leg and looked around awkwardly.

"Look, I need to admit that ever since I first met you, you've been sticking to the back of my mind. I've also heard more about you recently, with all the hardships you've been through and that stuff..." Dash seemed to want to say something but didn't know how to say it.

"Would you like to be friends?" I spoke, almost out of nowhere. The two of us went quiet as the sound of the other pegasi flying around and laughing went on.

"Yeah, totally!" Dash said, her eyes lighting up as she spat in her hoof.

"What are you-?" I started.

"Spit on your hoof!"

"But-"

"Come on! It's a friend making thing!"

"Okay..."

I spat in my hoof and we both held them out, making them clack together. Part of me felt disgusted about the fact that we had basically shared spit with each other, but the other part of me was glad that I had a new friend to count on when things were difficult.

***

News on the race was widespread, fillies and colts made amateur grandstands with little flags and seats as a starting position was determined. With what little I could do, I felt out of place. I was a helper, not a pedestrian. I leaned down and got the checkered flag in front of me.

"We got our flag waver! Tell the three racers that it's ready!" Somepony called out as I was left on a cloud staring straight down the starting line.

"You're going down," Hoops taunted at Rainbow.

"In history, maybe," she responded. "See you boys at the finish line!"

I gave a kind look to Dash, hoping that she got to see that I was really happy that she was now a friend of mine. With a wave of my flag, the race began... with me getting spun out by all three racers.

I realized after a few more spins that I was falling, and my wings were locked up and not going anywhere. In desperation I tried waving my hooves frantically, hoping to get ANYPONY'S attention. But sadly, all of them were focused on the race instead of my inevitable freefalling death.

I kept screaming, yelling, doing all I could to at least try to gain vertical velocity. The ground became close and I closed my eyes, not wanting to see my body broken apart.

With a slight FLUP, I landed on something. My eyes opened up on instinct and was greeted by MILLIONS of butterflies. They carried me around the land, and what should have been the most commonplace of areas that I had known was now an entirely new world to my eyes. I had thought that it was purely from Fluttershy's perspective, after all, when you're raised in the clouds, I'm sure you stay up there until it comes time to go to the ground.

With a loud BOOM, an arc of rainbow colors shot across the sky, scaring all of the animals around me. Natural instinct kicked in as I went around attempting to calm all of the nervous beasts around me. I was a Doctor Dolittle... in the sense that I was good with animals and talking with them, even if they couldn't quite talk back to me.

I felt at peace like this, with all of the animals around me. I looked back to see a white rabbit next to me who eyed me curiously for a moment.

"What do you need little-?"

I was cut off as the bunny hugged close to me and didn't seem to let go. He then pulled away and started chittering at me.

"Are you hungry?"

The bunny shook his head and started thinking for a moment before it seemed to have an idea. It held out a paw.

"Um... one word?"

The bunny nodded feverishly as it started to look for something. It jumped into the water and then presented itself.

"Wet."

The bunny rolled his arm, signifying I was close.

"D-damp. Soggy? Soaked. Drenched. Moist."

The bunny nodded with conviction as it pointed to itself. For a moment I was confused, why would it point to himself after a game of charades where the answer was-

"Moist!"

I hugged the bunny close to me, my best friend had come to my rescue! I was going to be free! I could go home, reevaluate my villianistic lifestyle to a more loosely based evil, take that vacation time that Bad Horse had been wanting me to use ever since Christmas, I could do it all!

My hug was pushed away as Moist began trying to explain something to me.

"Moist, Moist! I don't understand your chittering! Stop running-. Moist, please will you-?"

"WE FOUND HER!" A loud yell came, scaring off many of the animals. Holding Moist close to me, I was met with Snowflake, who also had Hoops, Dumb Bell, and Rainbow Dash near him. "ALRIGHT, LITTLE LADY, WE'RE ALL HEADED TO MY OFFICE TO DISCUSS THIS MATTER PERSONALLY!"