• Published 5th Oct 2017
  • 6,144 Views, 49 Comments

Spirit of the Church - Vision



Human goes to Comic Con in the costume of Church Grim, and meets the Merchant, who transports him to Equestria

  • ...
12
 49
 6,144

Chapter 1. The forgotten key. (Edited by Haloboy11721)

Ah... I love Comic Con. Wonderful place to spend your time and money. But this one was special. This time I had a costume. And for the record it was an amazing costume, I spend almost Two hundred dollars making it. Sure it’s not that much for a good costume, but every dollar I put into the mask, coat and heart was earned with some hard work at MacDonald’s. Oh! I almost forgot to tell you what costume I made! It was a costume of the Church Grim from a game called 'Year Walk.' And that game is god damn beautiful and scary. A Masterpiece of indie-horror, it uses dark and scary creatures from Swedish folklore. That game has a special place in my heart. That’s why I decided to cosplay the main “spirit” of that game.

But let`s go back to the topic of Comic Con. The funny thing was that only 10 or so people recognized my character. But many others took a photo with me anyways. Maybe it was like that because the game came out almost 5 years ago.

When I got tired of walking between the stands of big games and comic companies, I began to move towards merchandise stands, my inner fan of Doctor Who asked about a sonic screwdriver, while the other part of me, a fan of My Little Pony was wondering about a figure of Starlight Glimmer. One stand, In particular, captured my gaze with its big variety. There was a gravity gun from Half-Life 2 with changing between blue and orange lighting, Amnesia`s lighter, Necronomicon right out of H. P. Lovecraft`s novels, Jotaro`s cap straight from JoJo`s Bizarre Adventure, Applejack`s hat from My Little Pony, River`s journal, Indiana`s whip, Star Track`s badge and ma-a-any other stuff. Even the merchant was dressed as the merchant from Resident Evil.

As I got closer, the merchant said. ”Come here stranger. What`re ya boin?” perfectly copying voice from the game.

That got a little chuckle out of me. “You have some talent dude.” Giving him a thumbs up I was still wearing the mask, so no one could really see my emotions.

“Why thank you mister! So, how can I help you?” He said motioning his hands to the merchandise.

I think a minute, and then see something sparkling in the light of the stand decorations. It was a Church Key. The key from the Year Walk.

“How much for the Church Key?” I asked pointing at metal looking key.

The merchant looked at the object I was pointing out. “Ah! This little thing. Well it a handwork bronze key with a silver chain so… I think it`ll be something around 40 dollars. But, just because you have an awesome costume of Church Grim, I'll sell it to you half-price. How`s about that?” He said showing me the key a bit closer, so I could look at the details.

‘Whoa. That’s pretty cheap.’ I thought looking closer as he presented it to me, the bronze key, which its handle looked like a goats head without facial features, and small horn`s. ‘Yeah. It’s a great deal. Why not?’ I thought picking my wallet out of the inner pocket. “Yes please.” I said excitedly giving him twenty dollars, and taking the key from him, and instantly put it on.

The moment the key touched my chest, the world around me began cracking like framed picture glass. As cracks filled the space of the building where Comic Con was held some pieces of our dimension started to fall into the white void filled with black stars and almost invisible white clouds. Being in a state of shock, I dare not to move a centimeter from where I stand.

As the void grew, continuing to absorb my plane of existence, stars started to form figures of some weird constellations I didn`t recognize. As I became alerted by weirdness and coolness of things that were happening, the last pieces of the floor I was standing on fell into the white nothingness and I lost my consciousness.

=========================================*****============================================

Twilight Sparkle was sitting in her Friendship castle, specifically at the throne room alongside with her pony friends: Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Spike the Dragon that was the only one that wasn`t a pony and Starlight Glimmer. Together they were discussing yesterday’s party in honor of Starlight`s victory over the changeling race. Of course it wasn`t her sol victory, it was also a victory of newly crowned king of reformed changeling race -- Thorax, newly popular traveling magician -- Trixie Lulamoon and last but not least newly redeemed and regained trust Spirit of Chaos -- Discord.

Laughing and friendly chatting was filling the big blue and purple crystal room. The early evening sun was filling the room with warm orange light. Everything was wonderful, everything was right and good. But then… Something happened.

With a black spark the Cutie-Map turned on shattering the happy conversation. The colors of the map were dull, and the cutie marks of the main six ponies started floating over a black dot, in the depths of the Everfree forest.

The Butter colored pegasus with a pink mane ‘eeped’ and dived behind her throne. Everypony else was in shock looking at the map with terrified expressions.

The grave silence enveloped the room for what seemed like an hour. Until Princess Twilight audibly gulped and said.

“W-well, I think this m-mission can wait until t-tomorr-row morning.”

Everypony agreed with her and began to depart to their homes.

=========================================*****============================================

‘Damn. What did I drink last night? That hangover I didn’t bear since 4th semester at university…’ that was my first thought when my mind awoke. I tried to open my eyes, but almost immediately regretted it, as harsh orange light blinded me. Another regretful thing I did, was moving my hand to block the light. Because of genial soreness of my body, even slightly moving was painful.

Cursing under my breath, I began sitting upright on something that felt like a cold stone floor. Only when I was sitting, my eyes slowly started opening.

I was inside of some very old ruins, which looked like some big church hall. All benches were covered in plants and mold, half of them were broken and rotten. Stone floors were cracked, and in some places trough, it grew grass and even some trees. Half of the ceiling was also on the floor looking like small hillock with all the grass. I was sitting under an altar, it was under a hole in the wall that, some time ago, was a circular window. Then I looked to the church entrance where there wasn’t even any rubble from where the wall was. Outside I saw a scary looking stone walls that once were houses, behind them was a forest, it was looking like a green sea of leaves. Then my gaze focused on a mountain. With…

…what?” I almost silently croaked with my dried throat. Looking on the side of the faraway mountain. “Impossible…” I said with my voice sounding a little better.

I was looking at Canterlot Castle and a city beside it. I couldn’t believe it, here it was. I was sitting here staring at it. For hours. Then, after I accepted the fact I was transported into equestrian by a fucking key, I found out that it was daytime. Mid-morning to be precise.

“Well. At least I`m in the middle of nowhere during daytime, and not night.” I said extending my hand to scratch the back of my head. “Wha-AAAAAHH!!!” I cried out as I touched a horn on my head. Then I began to grope my facial features little by little. I had a muzzle, some floppy goat ears, and two small horns. Then after a little pause, I opened my black cloak to see…

“Oh fuck no…” There was a beating heart. In the hole of my chest was a beating heart. “Oh shit!” I said loudly as I closed my cloak.

“I`m a fuckin Church Grim. But not folklore version, oh no… I`m the game version, that means…” I say as I starting to move my hand in the air and with a black spark, a mirror appeared in my hand, that for some reason had four fingers instead of usual five. ”Oh great, so I definitely am a spirit with a cosmic power.” I say, slowly turning the mirror around, to see my reflection. The snow-white goat with pearl white eyes were looking at me from the mirror. “Yep. Definitely a goat with cosmic power.”

I stand up straight. “Okay, I'm definitely going to meet some famous ponies. That’s the first. Second, I need to prepare myself to not freak out by it. Third, with this cosmic power, I could concur the world, or I could help ponies. I guess I will help them, because I don’t want to end up in stone. Fourth… Hmmm. I need a believable backstory, just not to tell everyone… everypony, that I`m a human. And finally fifth, make some friends.” As I thought up (the plan of my new life here, I was floating circles inside the church.

After a little meditation, I scanned the surroundings with my 4th dimension vision, to see the history of this small church centered village. It was built by unicorn pilgrims, that came here when the wendigos ruled the land. The main building was the church of sun and moon. And yes, they did sacrifice the goat and the earth pony while they were building the church, apparently, they had a legend about Church Grim spirit. Then wendigos came, then they died, then the forest came, and only then was the unicorn village abounded. That was before Canterlot was even built. ‘This place must be thousands of years old. Huh’ I stopped in midair. Then thought for a little while.

“A-ha!” I yelled as a brilliant idea of my origin came up. ”This is going to be foolproof. Now to my image!” I said pointing up and then teleported into the church.

=========================================*****============================================

“Maybe… Hmmm. I think I should go with the mysterious dark entity. My looks are really appealing to this personality. So yeah why not.” I said smiling. “Oh.. It’s already evening.” My gaze fell to the sky. There I saw something heading my way.

“Huh. Looks like I’ve got my first visitors.” I say disappearing in the shadows of the ruins.

“RAINBOW DASH DON’T FLY OFF AGAIN!” yelled frustrated purple alicorn princess. “Why does she fly off all the time.” She grumbled under her breath.

I'M NOT FLYING OFF, I'M JUST LOOKING AROUND US!” cried the cyan rainbow-maned pegasus. Then she stopped in midair and then harshly dived back down to the group, covering everyone in dust. ”Girls! From the sky, I saw some ancient ruins, that way!” she pointed her foreleg (towards the left of the group.

“Why the map sent us to this dreadful, horrid place, is beyond me, and for what? to find some dusty stone ruins?” said the white unicorn with a dark violet mane.

“Stop complaining, will ya Rarity? By the look of the map, Ah could easily tell, that somethin` evil woke up in `ere. And ya' know very well, that we can deal with that.” Said the orange mare with a blonde mane and wearing the stetson.

“I`m sorry Applejack, darling, but that forest`s atmosphere of despair is putting me under unbearable pressure!” said Rarity, putting one of her front legs on her forehead in a dramatic manner.

“Me too…” quietly noted Fluttershy.

“Aren’t we all?” said Twilight, giving Fluttershy a comforting pat on her back.

“Not all of us! I'm enjoying our adventure so far!” Pinkie cheered excitedly, bouncing in the front of the group.

“Okay, Maybe not ALL of us.” said Twilight, smiling gently.

Then they entered a clearing, where they immediately saw smoothed with the time old stone ruins of what once was a village. They walked in awe between verdurous stone walls of what some time ago were houses. Then Twilight figuratively exploded.

“All of these ruins have the delayed aging spell of pre-alicorn era! This village is at least a two and a half thousands years old!” she said bouncing excitedly, as the group moved to the main building. “And look at this! Church of Sun and Moon! I can’t believe it! From buildings like this unicorns moved the sun and the moon! Starswirl hasn’t been even born yet! Everfree forest hadn't even grown! This is amazing! I need to document every single rune I find in here!” Twilight practically yelled and hurried inside, but was stopped by a powerful tug by her tail.

“Twilight, Ah hate ta break it ta ya, but don’t ya remember why are we `ere?” said the farm pony looking the princess in the eyes.

“Sorry Applejack, but this is just an amazing archaeological finding! Not many things are known about that time period, and with these buildings right here, we can fill in the gaps in recorded history! But. I guess you right, for now we should focus on our mission here.” said the alicorn, while getting up.

“…why do you think the map send us here girls, what do you think?” said shy pegasus looking from behind her mane, as the last sunlight went out with the setting sun.



T̢o͞ m͘eet̶ ́m̷e̷, ͢I ͢s̶upp͡ose.̀” said the dark voice from inside of the building as two white glowing eyes came to life in the darkness of the church.

End of part one.

Author's Note:

So. Um, hello readers! (if I will have any)
Here’s the thing. English is not my native language, i started to learn it from 3rd class in school, so if you find some stupid mistakes don`t hesitate to point them out! (but you don`t need to be harsh while doing it)

I hope you`ll like the thing I come up with.

P.S. Great Thanks to Haloboy11721 for editing.