• Published 26th Sep 2017
  • 624 Views, 10 Comments

Mutant Ponies: Origin Stories: Silver Wings - Creativa-Artly01



Silver Wings is just a normal pegasus, or so she thought, until one day, she woke up with her wings tipped in a light, flexible, silver alloy along with the rest of her body. The First book in the Mutant Ponies series.

  • ...
1
 10
 624

Chapter 12

The next day, Silver gets a surprise visit from Doctor Hoofman. She then goes and gladly joins him at the coffee shop up the street. "Hey Doc, what are you doing here?" asks Silver as she takes a sip of coffee. "Why did you come to my art school? What do you want to talk to me about?"

"I'm here because I want to talk with you," says Doctor Hoofman, "about your future of being a superhero."

"I still want to be part of the team, even though I'm no longer at the school," responds Silver.

"And you can be," responds the Doctor. "It's just..."

"It's just what?" responds Silver.

"It's just, fine, we need your help. There's a group of villains overrunning downtown Colt Town. You wanna come lend us a hoof?"

"Do I ever?" responds Silver. She then flies off, gets into her costume, and flies out ahead of the Doctor. They soon arrive where the others are busy fighting the bad guys and immediately jump in on the action. Silver uses silver pellets that she shoots out the tips of her wings to disarm one of the villains named Maximo. Sol looks at her stunned.

"When did you learn that snazzy new trick?" she asks.

"Oh, that, I've been working on that trick for months," responds Silver with a smile.

"Cool," responds Sol as she shoots a beam of fire at another one of the bad guys, the one known as the Dark Mask. Aqua soon comes in and knocks out the guy next to Dark Mask, Hexon, a pony that controls shapes and holograms.

After several hours of knocking out the bad guys, they finally get them all rounded up and hand them over to the cops. Silver then shares a group hug with the team and flies back to art school and flies into her anatomy drawing class right before the bell rings. "Right on time Miss Silver," says her professor, Miss Winter Day. "I was about to state the announcement and the assignment." Miss Silver then explains the assignment. The assignment is to draw the anatomy of a creature other than one of the three pony tribes. She then shares the announcement. "I'm engaged!" she excitedly tells her students. She then tells them to get to work while she sits back and reads a book at her desk.

Silver then plugs in her music and begins to draw. By the end of the class, she has five hours of work drawn up and ready to show. Tomorrow, she'll continue her work on the drawing. Her drawing is of the anatomy of a griffon, her all-time favorite creature. Miss Winter Day then looks up at Silver with a smile. "Great work today, Silv," she says.

"Thanks, Miss Day and congratulations on the engagement," responds Silver as she flies out of the art room.

"Thanks!" yells Miss Day down the hall after her. "I like her," she sighs as she shakes her head, "now if only she'd learn to slow down and learn not to fly out of my room because she always leaves a mess as she leaves." Miss Day shakes her head then reenters the classroom and begins to clean up Silver's mess. Next time it happens, she decided, Silver will be the one to clean up her own mess.

Now back in her bedroom for three hours before dinner, Silver pulls out her cell phone and calls her mother. Her mother then immediately picks up. "Hey doll, how is art school treating you? How's all your hero business with Doctor Hoofman going? Your sisters and I miss you so much."

"It's going great mom. Thanks. I love art school. I love being on the Mutant Ponies team. Right now in my anatomy drawing class, I'm drawing griffon anatomy. You know how much I love griffons."

"I sure do," replies her mother with a smile.

"Our school has the art display show coming up and parents are welcome to come and view their children's artwork. I'd love if you'd come."

"Of course, I'll come," responds her mother, "I'd love too."

"Okay," responds Silver. "And bring sis with you. I'll see you in three weeks! Bye!"

"Bye!" responds her mother. "I'll see you then and I'll bring your sister with me. See you in three. Bye." She then hangs up. Silver then goes over to her shelf and pulls out her sketchbook and her colored pencils. She then sits down and does some drawing until dinner rolls around. She can't wait until her mother and sister come see the art display show in three weeks. She really and truly can't. She also has a feeling Doctor Hoofman will show up to it, even without her invite.