• Published 26th Sep 2017
  • 623 Views, 10 Comments

Mutant Ponies: Origin Stories: Silver Wings - Creativa-Artly01



Silver Wings is just a normal pegasus, or so she thought, until one day, she woke up with her wings tipped in a light, flexible, silver alloy along with the rest of her body. The First book in the Mutant Ponies series.

  • ...
1
 10
 623

Chapter 1

It's a bright and sunny morning when Silver Wing came down to breakfast. "Good morning," she happily said to her mother, big sister, baby brother and father.

"Good morning," they reply their voices shaking, "honey, what's wrong with your wings? Why are they silver?"

"It's that damn mutant gene!" screams her father. "Get out of this house! You don't belong here anymore!"

"Can I at least have breakfast first?" He nods and throws two muffins at her face, which she catches. She then flies out with tears in her eyes. She can't help but wonder what her father has against mutants. She does know one thing, though, there's only one place she can go: Doctor X Hoofman at his School for Uniquely Gifted Ponies.

A few minutes later, she touches down in front of the School for Uniquely Gifted Ponies. As she lands, she is greeted by Doctor Hoofman himself. "Hello my dear, welcome to the School for Uniquely Gifted Ponies. Come on in!"

"Thanks," replies Silver as she follows him inside. "What do you even do here with the others like me?" She asks curiously.

"I teach them how to use their powers to their advantage. Your wings and body have become a silver alloy, very stretchy, flexible, and immune to sharp objects. It's actually a very impressive power to receive," replies Doctor Hoofman.

"Well, I thought it was cool too until my dad kicked me out for it. Apparently, he's racist against mutants and I don't know why."

"Well, your home is here know," replies Dr. Hoofman with a smile. "Flame Mistress will show you to your room now." Silver Wings follows another pegasus, a mare with a flaming body, mane, and tail to a nice sized corner of the building and into an empty bedroom.

"Make yourself comfortable," says Flame Mistress to Silver before flying off to her own room up the hall.

"I will," hollers Silver before falling onto her bed in tears. She misses her family but she knows she can't ever return to them now.

A few hours later, Flame Mistress comes back again and grabs Silver Wings for dinner. Once in the dining hall, the two sit down together. "So, what's your actual name?" asks Silver Wings inquisitively.

"It's Sol," replies Flame Mistress with a giggle. "I come from a long lineage of Hispanic ponies from a place known as Caballo Terrace. It's a small Hispanic town in EspaƱamare, not far from Maredrid."

"Well, I used to think I came from a purebred line of Pegasus, but apparently not," sighs Silver Wings.

"Well, it sure is a shame they kicked you out," replies Sol, "normal ponies are scared of us, of Equus superiors." The two then get back to enjoying the hoof made pancakes. A few minutes later, they're approached by another pony, a seemingly normal earth pony stallion.

"The name is Bolt, but my hero name is Speed Demon," replies the stallion, boastingly.

"Stop boasting, your ego is the size of a dragon," replies Sol annoyed.

"Um, nice to meet you," replies Silver Wings, "the name is Silver."

"Well, we're glad you're here," replies Bolt before trotting off to rejoin his buddies at their table.

"Don't mind Bolt, he's just a giant jock with a giant ego," says Sol to Silver as she rolls her eyes at Bolt's actions.

"Oh, okay," replies Silver, "he was a bit overbearing for my tastes anyway." The two then finish up their meals and go and turn in their trays to be washed. The two then and go and join the rest of the students for a group movie night in the school's movie theater. She's just glad to be in a place that she finally belongs.