• Published 19th Sep 2017
  • 508 Views, 2 Comments

The Hive - bananamaru



We think that Queen Chrysalis is unforgivable. But we never knew the whole story. Starswirl the Bearded and Clover the Clever are going on adventures, mainly focusing on the mystery of the magic that made Princess Luna turn into Nightmare Moon.

  • ...
 2
 508

Life: Part 2

Now that Clover had sat down with him on the empty thrones, Starswirl cleared his throat and began his story.

"Long ago, when Equestria was still very young, two sisters ruled the land. The eldest sister watched over the day. The other the night. Every morning at dawn, the eldest sister would raise the sun up into the sky to bring day. She would bring light and warmth to the ponies' faces. And at dusk, when the day was nearly over, she would lower the sun, therefore giving the youngest her signal. Once the sun was gone, the youngest sister would raise the moon to bring the night. And at dawn, she would lower it, giving way for her sister's sun. And so, this cycle repeated for over 1,000 years.

"But then, the youngest sister felt that she was underappreciated by the ponies of Equestria. She grew jealous and hateful toward her sister, for the ponies played during the day. They were happy and lively. Yet during the youngest sister's icredible night, they slept. They ignored the everlasting beauty of the stars twinkling in the deep blue sky.

"So, the youngest became so angry with her sister and so doubtful of herself that every day and night became a tormenting Nightmare, in which she would have visions of her pain. She would see herself overcoming the pain. Yet she didn't like what she saw. She would wake up sweating and terrified of it. One day, she couldn't take it anymore. She hated how ponies treated her, and she was sick of it. So she gave in to her horrific Nightmares. And that's when she became the Nightmare."