• Published 17th Sep 2017
  • 1,961 Views, 20 Comments

I care about you - therandomone95



A story about Apple Bloom and Spike confronting and realizing their feelings for the other while Spike is far away from ponyville, in the dragon lands.

  • ...
9
 20
 1,961

Chapter 1: He's gone?!

Author's Note:

If you didn't read the description, I warn you, and if you did, I repeat, this is my first fanfic ever, I request only patience and constructive criticism for the grammar errors and other mistakes, so, I won't write the southern accent for the Apple sisters, for example, I will try to write the word "I", instead of "Ah,", and I will do that because I want to get the minor orthography errors as possible, but, there will be some words that will be written in a "southern accent", well then, with that out of the way, enjoy!

Chapter one: Apple Bloom's thoughts

Apple Bloom was at the ponyville market, she was going to buy some things her sister needed because Applejack was going to bring the food to the next sleepover at twilight's castle. Apple Bloom didn't mind going out once in a while because she was a hard working pony like the rest of her family after all.

She stopped to buy some kitchen oil, and found Twilight and rarity in another stall nearby. Apple Bloom looked at them for a moment, and then, she thought:

´Maybe I should talk to them, see what're they up to, and maybe, just maybe, they can let me be in their sleepover, and if they say yes, I should bring the girls with me! it's the perfect plan!'

So she approached them quickly. Apple Bloom was just a couple of meters away fom them, but she decided to stop when she heard that they were talking about something; Apple Bloom hid behind an oblivious stallion, who was big enough to hide herself entirely. The filly then poked her head out to listen to the unicorns' conversation, but she froze in shock after she heard it all:

"Are you sure our Spikey-Wikey is going to be okay on his own in the dragon lands with those nasty beasts?" Asked Rarity

"Well, I do know one thing: Ember is gonna destroy them if they do anything to him, he is quite the protected dragon, and if they mess with him, they mess with me!" Affirmed Twilight.

"And how long is he going to be in there? I really worry about him" Questioned Rarity, sounding really worried now.

"Well, I don't know, but he is a tough dragon himself, and he's got Ember on his side, he can't be in that much danger if they both team up, don't you think?" Reassured Twilight

"Hmm, I suppose you're right, darling. Oh, look! Apple Bloom is here!." Said Rarity. Wanting to change the subject of the conversation, the unicorn had looked to her left and saw a stallion trotting off with a small glare at the filly who was hiding behind him.

But Apple Bloom didn't hear them shouting her name, because she trotted off to her home: ' They can't be serious, Spike wouldn't leave without telling us! Without telling me... NO! I need to search for answers now, but I don't want to face them again, I don't wanna answer their questions like: why did you run away from us?'

Apple Bloom slowed down for a minute to really think this situation, she was thinking about asking somepony, but again, who?

'Hmmmm, who is trustable, probably knows what happened with him and won't lie to me? Hmmmmmmm... Wait! I've got it!' And with that, she went home to have a little talk with her older sister.


When the filly returned home, she dashed off to the kitchen and she put all the groceries on the table, and she ran through the house, searching her older sister, she ran into the restroom, into the bedroom, even into the bathroom, she didn't care if somepony was in there, she just wanted answers about the dragon, fortunately, nopony was in there.

"Applejack! Applejack! Are you there?!" She shouted with all her breath, but nopony answered her calling.
'Maybe she's out in the orchard, yes, she has to be! I don't remember anything special for today, she has to be in the orchard! 'cause if she's not... I don't know where else to look."

The filly searched the orchard, fortunately for her, she didn't have to search too far away, she found Applejack doing some applebucking, like she used to, and she didn't like being interrupted while doing it. Guess that rule has no power over Apple Bloom today.

"SIS!! SIS!!, Where ar'... Oh, there you are! Applejack, I need to talk to you about something important!".

"Huh? Apple Bloom, you're already back? Dang! That sure was fast!"

"Sorry sis I gotta tell you something important, I was at the market and I was buying and I ran into Twilight and Rarity and they were talking about Spike and..." Apple Bloom only stopped when Applejack put a hoof on her sister's mouth, not allowing her to continue.

"I didn't understand a single thing you said, you speak really fast sometimes, you know? How about this? We go into the house, we drink some apple cider and you tell me what's bugging you, only this time, slower, please?" Said Applejack, trying to calm down Apple Bloom.

"Well that... sounds... kinda nice, okay sis, you convinced me, just try not to take long with the cider." Said Apple Bloom, this time, calmer than before.


"Oh my gosh sister! You took AGES to make that cider!!" Complained Apple Bloom in the couch.

"Whoah there missy! Making cider is not as easy as you think! Specially when you're trying to make it with love and care, you know, unlike those Flim-Flam cheaters!" remarked Applejack, remembering the day the apple family almost their farm.

"Well, you have a point there sis, but there's no need to bring that up, I just wanted to talk with you." Said Apple Bloom , not wanting to remember the terrible day, and how she almost lost control of herself when she challenged the Flim-Flam brothers.

"Anyways, what do ya wanted to talk about so badly?". Said Applejack, remembering how anxious was her little sister in the orchard.

"Well..." started Apple Bloom with a small blush on her face "I was at the market, and I saw miss Twilight and miss Rarity, and I couldn't help myself, I heard what they were talking about. It turns out Spike is in the dragon lands and he is going to be there for a while! All I wanna' know is; Why did he left without saying goodbye? Why did he have to go? How long is he going to be there? I wanted answers but I ran away from them and it would be so awkward facing them again, so you're the only pony I thought could give me answers, please tell me sis, I'm gonna' explode if I don't know". Said Apple Bloom with a tone similar to the one she used when she was sad, or when she was angry, maybe both of them right now.

"Well, first: he didn't left without saying goodbye, we all went to say goodbye to him on the train station, but I think you were at school that moment, second: he went to the dragon lands because of some political thingies with Ember being the leader of the dragons and such, and we all thought Spike was the perfect ambassador of us ponies, I mean, he is a dragon, and he grew among ponies, he can be very brave when he is determined and he is with his kind. And for your last question, I don't know the answer, nopony does, if things go as planned, it will be a matter of days, but if the dragons aren't willing to cooperate, little Spike could be months in there. " Applejack stopped talking to see the reaction on her sister's face, but Apple Bloom was just motionless, probably processing all the information she had received.

Both sisters sat there in the couch, in awkward silence until Applejack spoke again: "You were mighty curious and really anxious about this whole thing, care to explain why?"

"Oh, sorry, it was nothing, really" Apple Bloom lied, hoping her sister would fall for it, but that's when:

"Sugarcube, I am offended. Did you really think I would fall for that? One thing about us apples is, we can spot a liar almost anytime instantly, and that was the worst lie I ever heard in all my life!" Apple Bloom turned to her sister, expeting anger towards her or a disappointing look, but when she turned around to face her sister, she only saw genuine concern for her and sympathetic eyes.

"And for what I saw in the orchard, that certainly wasn't 'nothing', so I'm not leaving you until you tell me what's wrong, come on, you can tell me, you know I'm a pony of my word, if you don't want to tell anypony about it, you can always count on me sugarcube." Applejack threw her forehooves forward to give Apple Bloom a small but honestly caring hug, which the little filly responded throwing herself towards Applejack's arms and with tears in her eyes, not of sadness, but of joy.