• Published 24th Sep 2017
  • 544 Views, 39 Comments

Elements of Heroism Interlude: Vacation - Bahamut0



Tirek has been destroyed b Burst Stream. And with all things peaceful, Burst and the Elements of Heroism have decided there's only one logical thing to do. Take some well-earned time off.

  • ...
5
 39
 544

Crystal Clear Heart

Dark Ice took a deep breath, and smiled. "This has been a long time coming." Ice grabbed his ticket for the train, and looked at his reflection. "Indigo's probably worried sick about me." Ice then looked at the floor, and a shape seemed to shoot up and materialize from his shadow.

Dark Mist smirked at Ice. "And yet here you've been spending half an hour over your hair."

"Hey. I'm not the one who can alter his appearance at will." Ice said with a frown. "Also, why did you choose to live in my shadow?" Ice's memories then drifted back to after he'd accepted Dark Mist. He'd thought that Dark Mist had just up and disappeared. However, Dark Mist now lived in Ice's shadow. Literally.

Dark Mist shrugged. "Eh. It's roomy. Besides, I can live in any shadow. And it's not like I'm raiding the fridge every night."

"Just don't go tripping up my date." Ice said with a frown. He then grabbed his jacket, and headed out the door as Dark Mist faded back into his shadow. Ice then smiled to himself as he boarded the Crystal Express. 'Hope Indigo doesn't think I'm dead.' Ice thought to himself as the Cyrstal Express sped towards the Crystal Empire. Soon enough, the train arrived in the Crystal Empire. "This place always shines. No matter how many times I see it, it never ceases to amaze me." Ice exited the train, and was met with a surprise. "Indigo?"

Indigo Zap smiled. "Yo Ice!" She said with a wave. "I was hoping you'd stop by. Especially after that last battle you and the Elements of Heroism had against Tirek." Indigo then pulled Ice into a tight hug. "I know neither of us has to worry about losing the other. But that doesn't make me worry about you any less."

"Isn't that supposed to be my job?" Ice asked with a smirk. "C'mon. Let's go have a good time."

Indigo giggled. "Right. That's the whole point of you coming all this way to see me." Indigo took Ice by the hand, and the two of them headed off to see the sights of the Crystal Empire. However, unbeknownst to the couple, they were being watched by four figures. But Indigo and Ice were too busy enjoying their date to notice. Indigo showed Ice around the empire's sights. Their first stop was the statue of Spike that had been constructed in the dragon's honor. Next on the list was one of the snowflower gardens, and lastly there was the Crystal Heart itself. "Huh. Just seeing it makes you feel warm inside."

"Yeah." Indigo said with a fond smile. "Just wait until the Crystal Fair. The whole empire looks like its glowing. Especially since there's so much love and hope in the air." Indgio then gripped onto Ice's arm tightly. A light blush spread across her face. "Kind of like what you do for me."

Ice felt his heart beat faster as he slowly wrapped one of his wings around Indigo. "You do the same thing for me with being the Sapphire Maiden. Sapphires tend to bring peace of mind. When I'm with you, I feel like everything's right with the world. Also...I certainly wouldn't mind keeping you warm." Ice was about to go for a kiss, but his stomach growling interrupted the moment. Prompting a nervous chuckle from him. "I guess our full hearts distracted us from our empty stomachs. Let's grab a bite to eat." However, as they left, Dark Mist briefly popped up from Ice's shadow and spied the figures following Ice and Indigo. Sure enough, Ice and Indigo were sitting at a table eating away and enjoying each other's company. And once again, Dark Mist had noticed the same four figures following the couple. Wasting no time, Dark Mist slithered across the ground in his shadow form, and exposed the four figures!

Indigo recognized the four people. "Sunny? Sour? Lemon? Sugar Coat? What're you four doing?"

"Tailing your date." Sugar Coat answered bluntly.

Ice blinked. "Why? Why would you do this?"

"Because Indigo's our friend." Sour Sweet answered with a smile before instantly scowling. "And I'll personally mess you up if you break her heart!"

"O-kay." Dark Mist said with a shocked expression. "This one's got a bit of crazy to her. I'm goin' back in the shadows." And with that, Dark Mist retreated back into Ice's shadow.

"Chill Sour." Lemon Zest said with a shrug. "Seems like Indigo's warming up Ice."

Sunny Flare nodded. "That being said, we're done here." The four presumedly left. However, both Ice and Indigo saw the group peeking from a nearby bush.

"We can still see you." The couple deadpanned. Prompting the group to flee instantly.

Indigo sighed. "I'm so sorry about that. My friends can be a bit...observant."

"No problem." Ice said with a shrug. "Just shows that they really care about you." Ice then smiled to himself. "Heck, I can picture my brothers doing something like that if we switched places." Ice and Indigo let out a laugh. "All the same, I hope you had a good time today."

Indigo smiled. "I did. It was really fun. You stopping by. But who says you need to leave right now?" Indigo then grabbed onto Ice's hand. "You said you wouldn't mind keeping me warm. Care to do that tonight?'

Ice smiled as he grasped Indigo's hand. "No problem." That night, Ice slumbered peacefully. Holding onto Indigo tightly. Indigo couldn't help but nuzzle against Ice's chest. Promptly causing Ice to wrap one of his wings around her. 'Yeah. This definitely warms both our hearts.' Ice thought to himself.