• Published 30th Aug 2017
  • 1,173 Views, 10 Comments

The light of the Traveller - MLP_Thundersky



[Destiny 2 Crossover] A Guardian lands in Equestria after the Red Legion invaded, and now has to face new problems.

  • ...
2
 10
 1,173

6 Preparation

I entered the bridge with them and showed them a place around the holotable were they could sit down.

I shortly went to the main controls and activated the cloak mode, slowing down the ship but making it invisible for eye and radar.

The others had sat down around the table, and I took a seat as well.

“You said now is the time to ask questions. Why?” Fluttershy asked.

“Because if I die, I'm dead. The light is not fully restored so my Ghost can heal me, but not revive me.” I plugged out a screw on my Origin Story and pulled out the barrel.

The ponies went silent, the only thing that could be heard was me cleaning the barrel.

Sometimes he does things and don't think first. His head is as empty as I found him.” my Ghost said with some sort of funny undertone.

“What do you mean with empty?” Rarity asked.

“When a Guardian is reborn from his corpse he doesn't remember who he was before.” I answered, not stopping my cleaning.

“But how do you know from your past then?” Twilight asked, now interested.

“Rasputin”

“Who?” all ponies asked.

“Rasputin the AI Warmind of earth. I got sent to find his bunker under the cosmodrome. As I entered it he scanned me and found my databank, I helped sometimes in his bunker so he noticed me.” I made a short pause.

“And then?” Pinkie was quiet, which was not very usual for her.

“As I logged in to the main computer he gave me direct access and showed me the last minute before my death, plus he showed me my bio, that's why I know who I was and what happened.” I placed the barrel back in the rifle.

“Since it was something personal for him, he had something personal for me. I worked with him and we were some sort of good ‘friends’. I was the only person he really let into his bunker, other guardians had to hack into the door system to get access.” I pulled the DMR from my back.

“This was the last weapon I had in my hands before I died. It is something very personal for me,if I would lose it I would search the whole universe until I find it.” I drove over the weapon with my hand.

“This is a special SR-25. It is connected to a device on my equipment, a clean shot can make me go invisible. All stripes stand for ten kills, 590 to be exact. Also it has a built in silencer what eliminates the weapon sound almost completely.”

I thought now was the right point to show them who I really was.

I took of my helmet and half mask and placed both down on the table, revealing my messy gray-blue hair and a battle drawn face with blue eyes. I had a tattoo over my right eye, similar to my helmet marking.

All ponies stared at me in a mixture of awe and shock.

“What you expect?”

“Not a human.” Twilight answered.

“Human?” Fluttershy asked.

“I may or may not know some things about humans.” Twilight was seemingly stressed.

Before one of the ponies could say anything I finished our talk about that theme:”Twilight we talk about that later.”

“Is that on your face your cutie mark?” Pinkie asked.

“Still no, this time. It is a coloured scar from a fight long ago.” I examined the chamber of my SR-25.

“Now to you. Why didn't you left the ship as I said and stayed on Equestria?” I plugged in the device I had another time.

“You send Celestia to contact me, and that's what she did. She said that we have to help you protect Equestria, that's why we didn't left the ship.” Twilight answered.

“You know that if I didn't went to check the hangar you could had suffocate or frozen to death.” I gave Twilight a angry glare.

“But everything worked out in the end, right?” Applejack said before Twilight could answer.

“It may did, but what about next time? Also how are you going to help me? The Almighty is mostly open so if you can't breathe in space you suffocate.” I loaded the mag of my DMR, each cartridge one by one.

“Pegasus Magic. I can breathe in space.” Rainbow Dash answered.

“You may can, but you still can't come with me, you never fought the Cabal. I don't think you can fight anyway.”

“After I sent you flying back a few metres, you still think I can't fight?” Rainbow was very angry.

“I killed you with one punch, don't forget that. Also the Cabal have a way stronger armour than I have, how would you compete against that?” I loaded my rifle.

“Bring it on!” Rainbow Dash yelled.

Before me or Rainbow could do anything, my Ghost got between us:”Guys calm down, it brings us nothing if we kill each other, especially you Sky!”

I looked at the radar. One minute until we reach the minimum distance of the cloak drive.

“It's time we get back to work.” I stood up and left to the elevator, the others behind me.

We entered the front hanger and I looked for one particular ship. With the help of the others I found it.

It was the ship of the commander. I opened the side hatches and looked at the interior.

“So, the plan now is: I enter the Almighty with the stolen ship, deactivate the weapon system, head back and we blow the Almighty with the firepower of this ship up.” I explained.

I turned to Twilight:”I give you the command over this ship whilst I'm away. Don't let anything near it that's not me.”

“But…” I stopped Twilight in her answer.

“There is no ‘But’. If I don't come back, turn back to Equestria, gather all together and fly to this coordinates.” I gave her the coordinates of earth and turned back to the ship.

I entered the ship and started the engines.

I missed that Rainbow Dash jumped a second before I closed the drop hatches into the ship.

“RAINBOW!!!!” the others yelled after her, for me through the engine sound not noticeable.

Author's Note:

Update!

[EDIT] Changed some things in the second chapter for this one.