• Published 23rd Aug 2017
  • 504 Views, 24 Comments

Slimy Adorable Adventures: The Birth of Yibble-Bibble - Animatorsnake



A truce was made with the Spirit of Chaos and the Alicorn Sisters; to stop the gluttonous Slimes. However... a promise was kept with the outcast slime, Smooze was made... and it has been kept. Thousand or so years later, a slime egg hatched.

  • ...
2
 24
 504

Week 1: Birdy Go Bye-Bye

Ponyville; a week after Yibble’s welcome party.

During Yibble’s first week in Ponyville, she was introduced to Fluttershy’s friends and their respective families. She met the Apple family during the family’s apple bucking season when Applejack attempted to it alone when her brother Big Mac gotten injured. Yibble played and was introduced to Applebloom; the two enjoyed playing games and helped her Granny Smith cook. The following week, Yibble mostly stayed home, when one particular day an old friend of Rainbow Dash’s comes to Ponyville.

This friend of hers was a griffin by the name of Gilda; the beginning of the day started off well – other than the fact that Pinkie was annoying her – that all ended when Fluttershy encountered her.


Ponyville, Town Square

Fluttershy was trotting through town with Yibble on her back; Yibble has grown the following week but is still small enough for her size. The baby slime who spoke with difficulty was able to change the volume of her voice as she was constantly having her voice raised high.

“Rainbow Dash told me a friend of hers from Flight Camp was coming. I wonder who it could be? If I remember, this friend of her comes far west and had to return home since she was only an exchange student that came to the camp for a week,” said Fluttershy.

Yibble was busy eying the surrounding area until she spotted something. Ahead of them was a flock of ducklings with two ducks near them. The family got lost and were trying to reach the river, now stuck in the middle of the square.

“Dakyes,” said Yibble, pointing with a tendril.

Fluttershy turned to look and spotted the flock as well. “Oh those poor dears.” Fluttershy gently placed Yibble to the ground and began to approach the flock. “Yibble, you stay near Sugarcube Corner alright, I’ll lead these ducks somewhere safe. Tell Pinkie I said hi, okay?”

Yibble nodded and made her way to Sugarcube Corner where she spotted Pinkie busily drinking a milkshake. As Yibble adjusted within Ponyville, she was able to remember the surrounding area and every nook and cranny there is. Since she knows her way through town without getting lost, Fluttershy would let Yibble wander when they come to town, as long she isn’t far from her.

Yibble decided not to bother Pinkie as she seemed busy – well that and she looked upset for some reason. Yibble wanted to give her a hug, but spotted Fluttershy bringing the flock of ducklings down the path to the forest near her cottage. At that same time, Rainbow Dash and Gilda came flying down until Rainbow remembered her weather duties. Flying off, the two say their farewells before Gilda begins to cause trouble without being noticed… until by two notable figures.


Pinkie’s Perspective

Pinkie busily sipped her frozen coco drink with whipped cream when she spotted Gilda, and witnessed her do multiple mean things. At first she thought it was just a mistake or something wrong with her eyes – recently she’s been having problems seeing from afar… she might need to check the local hospital. However, that all changed when Fluttershy entered the scene; her own opinion of Gilda changed immediately.

She’s not a nice griffin! She’s a big meanie!

Pinkie wanted to go right up to her and knock the light’s out of her – which was possible for her family’s unnatural strength, and the fact she’s currently high on sugar… as usual – but before she could approach… a small yellowish blob approached the bully.

Wait… is that… “Yibble?”


Gilda’s Perspective

What a loser; if that was suppose to be Rainbow’s other best friend, then I think Rainbow needs to look for different friends. First that all sugary pink mare and now this shy loser… What a dump this place is.

Gilda was about to walk away when she felt something on her back left lion leg – a sticky and slimy something. With instinct, she spun around and was ready to claw the living heck out of whatever tried to touch her; it didn’t matter if she wasn’t suppose to cause trouble, nobody touches her and gets away with it.

“HEY! WHO TOUCHED… me,” said Gilda. Standing – or in this case laying – before her was a small blob of sorts. It had eyes so black that not even the night could compare to them, it was made of a yellowish substance that reminded her of jello. The thing that was touching her before was this small tendril of sorts that now retracted to the main form.

Now Gilda at first was ready to attack on sight but this made her pause and curious of the strange thing before her. She lowered her claw and stood slightly slouched to look like she was bored. She kept a careful eye on the… “thing”.

“What you want… uhhhh?”

“Yibble!”

“Yibble? That your name?” asked Gilda, scratching her beak. “Well its better than the names these ponies have; what you want anyway, Yibble?”

Yibble stood there staring… examining Gilda. The feeling of being stared by those rock sized eyes gave her the creeps. She’s been given a lot of different stares before – whether it was because of her attitude or her being a griffin – but the look this… Yibble was giving her… She’s only felt it once and it was ever only when she encountered the threats found near the Kingdom of Griffonia.

While Yibble didn’t show any emotions of the slightest… her eyes… those deep emotionless eyes was enough to show that Yibble was showing a certain emotion. Sadly, because of her young age she wasn’t sure what this emotion was… but for some reason she felt this was the right emotion for the griffin known as Gilda she was staring at.

“Look, I got no time for this! I got some party to go to and I’m not in the mood to talk to some kid. So go back to your mommy or something,” said Gilda, ready to walk away.

As Gilda was getting farther and farther, she heard what Yibble said next. “You scared my mommy,” said Yibble, her speech clear.

Gilda stopped in her path; she wanted to turn around and teach this thing a lesson… but she felt that feeling again. This thing is that Fluttershy’s kid? More like a pet if you ask me.

“Look here, if you gotta a problem with me then you better spe-”

Gilda stood still as ice; her fight or flight instincts were on and brimming with adrenaline. She couldn’t look away even if she wanted to, but something about those eyes… they weren’t natural.

Yibble’s lifeless orbs began to grow in size – or was it her imagination – and everything seemed to become this one clear noise. Next she heard something… a deep but calming voice… well at first she thought it was calming. What the voice said next however, made it from calming to outright enraged… but who was speaking?

You hurt my mother, foul creature… I should make you flying away crying too… Would you like that, because I’m sure my mother didn’t wish the same as well.

Everything was becoming quiet, her vision was getting smaller and smaller… until the only thing she saw… was the yellow blob; Yibble. “I’m really bad at expressing myself properly, and my vocabulary isn’t as advance as of yet… I however am a very intelligent being… but I rather live a normal life… If you try anything to sabotage it because of your ignorance… Then I wonder what fried griffin would taste like?

Two things happened that day; Gilda gulped… and she experienced what fear was like, once more.


Rainbow’s Perspective

After done with her duties, Rainbow saw Fluttershy crying on one of the clouds that she was supposed to clear. Instead of doing so she found another cloud sat on it and brought to her friend’s. After they talked about what happened, Fluttershy came to the realization that she left behind and forgot Yibble. The two instantly went back to Sugarcube Corner where they found Yibble with Pinkie. The two apparently were having a grand time.

Pinkie was drinking another cup of her drink while Yibble enjoyed a blueberry smoothie, with fresh blueberries in it. When the two pegasi approached, Yibble crawled off the table and began to nuzzle Fluttershy’s foreleg.

“I’m sorry too; I shouldn’t have left you like that,” said Fluttershy, nuzzling back. “I promise not to do that again.”

“Don’t worry Fluttershy; Yibble handled herself really well!”

“Pinkie? What happened… where’s Gilda?”

Pinkie kept silent, took a sip of her drink and spoke. “Oh… Yibble ate her.”

“SHE WHAT!?”

Pinkie was quiet for a few more seconds but before the two pegasi could freak out, Pinkie began laughing. Rainbow groaned, while Fluttershy simply nuzzled Yibble some more. “I knew you wouldn’t do that Yibble.”

“By Celestia Pinkie; don’t scare me like that! Seriously, what happened?”

“Weeeellll… To put it in short; Yibble scared Gilda so badly she flew off like a… well… a chicken.”

Rainbow was shocked, she couldn’t believe one of her closest friends would do this to Fluttershy and some of the ponies of the town. “I guess… that she wasn’t ready for the new changes in my life. Maybe next time I can properly introduce her to you guys,” said Rainbow. “Oh and Yibble; next time, try not to scare Gilda. I know you love pranking everyone as well as Pinkie and I but you need to keep things on the low.”

“Awkay!” shouted Yibble, returning to her original mannerisms.

The three mares – and slime – sat down and enjoyed some drinks; later their other friends came by and were also told of the story. Twilight wanted to do some tests on Yibble's new ability to be able to scare a griffin like Gilda. Applejack was glad she was gone – though she agreed that she too would feel threatened to change – while Rarity… well Rarity’s opinion was varying.


Elsewhere, Outside of Ponyville; Gilda panted as she reached the outskirts of Ponyville atop a hill.

Gilda was sweating; her legs were hurting, her fur and feathers were a wreck on most places, her face was wet – from sweat and tears – but most of all… she couldn’t stop shaking. She turned back at Ponyville, sat down and leaned against a nearby tree.

That… that “thing” is not natural. How could they live with it… unless… they don’t know.

Gilda continued to look until she slid down to the ground and hugged herself. She kept on rocking back and forth until she spoke quietly to herself. “I’ll get you outta there Dash… I’m not leaving my best bud… with that… creature.”

Author's Note:

Week one of Yibble's stay in Ponyville, and she met one of Rainbow's old pals. While first introductions didn't go as smoothly, Yibble will do anything to protect her loved ones. With that, this short chapter/character introduction is done.

Next chapter: A certain magician is coming to Ponyville, and Yibble loves magic! Stay tuned.