• Published 14th Aug 2017
  • 1,217 Views, 43 Comments

Apart From The Pegasi - KillerChainsaw



When a mystery pegasus from Cloudsdale walks into Princess Twilight and Rainbow Dash's lives, telling them that they also want the feud between the two towns to be over, could peace be all that they are looking for?

  • ...
6
 43
 1,217

Giving Into Justice

A silence had fallen on Rainbow Dash and Twilight as they still glared to the turguoise mare that stood in front of them, Dash just gritting her teeth and hanging her head a little low, unsure of how long she could keep holding her anger for Lightning inside of her, knowing she should stay calm at the moment and refrain from paying back Lightning for what she did to her, like she really wanted to do right now.

Lightning Dust just letting what looked like a slightly nervous smile from on her lips, as she sighed and looked back to the two other mares, "Long time no see huh? Although this isn't exactly how I would have pictured our reunion to be like," she stated in a low tone, as she looked ashamed of herself at the moment, while Twilight just raised her eyebrow in response, seeing that familiar innocent expression on Lightning's face, and knowing not to trust it in the least.

"Really? Because I prefer to see you behind bars like this, it suits you quite nicely after all," the Princess simply replied as she stood with her head held high, and her eyes still staring stern daggers into Lightning's, while a fire of hatred was burning behind her lavender irises. Lightning Dust widening her eyes and looking almost hurt by Twilight's words, however just shaking her head and chuckling slightly, letting her head hang a little now.

"Well I guess I do deserve it, what with all the pain I've caused, especially for you two," she said looking like she regretted all the terrible things that she had done in the past, however Twilight obviously not believing her for a single second, as she just narrowed her eyes and refrained from saying what she was really thinking right now, instead just keeping herself calm and determined to not let this manipulative pegasus fool her once again.

"Just where have you been all this time?" she asked, deciding to just focus on seeing if she could get some answers out of Lightning Dust, as she knew expressing her anger and hatred for the turquoise mare really wouldn't do anything for her and Dash right now so just refrained from doing so.

Lightning Dust just lifting her head a little as she shrugged her shoulders in response, before looking back to Twilight and still smiling to her with that ashamed expression resting on her face, giving the Princess the impression that she wasn't putting on this act for her and Dash at the moment, Twilight glancing back to Celestia and the two guards as she guessed they the real reason why the cunning pegasus wasn't showing off her true self right now.

"Does it even matter? I've just been hiding I guess,"

She stated in a low voice, it almost seeming like she was just thinking out-loud and talking to herself rather than to Twilight at the moment, as she caused Twilight to raise her eyebrow again, while Dash now lifted her head and took a deep breath, looking back to Lightning with a slightly questioning expression as she seemed to have composed herself, and wanted to hear just what the other pegasus had to say.

"Hiding, from what?" the cyan mare asked as she just stared sternly to Lightning, again the other pegasus just shrugged her shoulders and looked away from the other two in response, resting her head against the bars of her cell door, and just let another deep sigh leave her lips.

"From the truth, I guess...I should have realised a long time ago that what I was doing was wrong and hurtful, but I assure you both that I have seen the error of my ways and will atone for all the pain I have caused," she explained as she bowed her head to Twilight and apologized to both her and Dash, showing that she was sorry and didn't want to cause them anymore trouble, and causing the Princess to bite her bottom lip in response, knowing this was all just an act, but still something deep in her mind was telling her to maybe think twice and try to look at this situation differently, like actually try seeing things from Lightning's point of view and maybe believing her a little.

However she instantly shook that thought out of her head as she just felt so foolish to still have thoughts like that even after all that Lightning had done to her and Dash,'No, I've fallen for that innocent act once, there's no way I'm letting myself be tricked by it again, I know what Lightning Dust is really like, and that won't change, no matter how much I may want to think that she could ever actually be trying to change her ways and telling us the truth right now,' the Princess thought as she refused to let herself be tricked by Lightning's little act, telling herself that she wouldn't waver no matter how convincing the turquoise mare just might be.

"And just why should we believe you at all?" Twililght asked as she caused Lightning to widen her golden eyes a little, seeming like she was genuinely surprised at the moment, before she soon just smiled and chuckled slightly, glancing away from the other two mares yet again, sighing and nodding to herself now.

"Well I guess it's no surprise that you don't believe me, I did lie to both you and Rainbow Dash, so there is the possibility that I could lie to you again in the fututre, heck I could even be lying and trying to trick you again right now," she shrugged her shoulders as she trailed off a little and let a small smirk form on her lips, causing Twilight to bare her teeth in response
wanting nothing more than to pay the turquoise mare back for all she had done, but instead she just took a deep breath and knew that Lightning was just trying to make her mad, and she didn't want to give her that satisfaction of letting her think that she could cause her to lose her composure at the moment.

"We weren't the only ones you tricked, you lied to everypony and made them all think they could trust you,"

She pointed out as she caused Lightning Dust to just raise her eyebrow, seeming like she was impressed by Twilight's determination to stay calm and collected for a moment, soon her slight smirk disappeared and was quickly replaced with that same innocent and ashamed expression she was wearing before, while the Princess just didn't see why she was bothering to put on this stupid act of her's anymore, she clearly wasn't going to be fooling any of them that she was 'trying to atone for the pain she had caused' as she had said.

"I know, and I truly am sorry...for everything," the turquoise mare spoke in a lower voice as she looked down to the floor, and sighed deeply, looking like she was trying to show she did feel bad for all the pain she had caused, and was actually willing to go through with any punishment that she was given in return.

Twilight seeing the turquoise pegasus galncing over to Celestia and the two guards who were still standing a little a ways away from them at the moment, as they all just seemed to be waiting for both Twilight and Dash to be done with their questioning, while still being on guard just in case.

'This pony just doesn't know when to give up does she?' Twilight thought as she could see how Lightning was even trying to fool both Princess Celestia and the guards with that innocent act of her's, to trick them into thinking that she was being truthful at the moment and was sorry for all she had done.

"You're sorry? After everything that you have done, and all you can say is you're sorry?"

Dash spoke up as she bared her teeth and raised her voice, showing that Lighting was starting to get to her, while Lightning just apologized again and hung her head in response, as Twilight rested a hoof on Dash's shoulder and gave her an undersatnding expression, knowing just how she felt at the moment, but reminding her that making a scene here and shouting at Lighting wasn't going to do anything for them at all. And so Dash just biting her bottom lip before she glared back to the other pegasus again.

"Let's just go, we have nothing more to say to her," the cyan mare said in a low voice as she turned away from Lightning Dust and started to head back over to Princess Celestia and the two guards, however stopping a moment later when she noticed that Twilight hadn't moved at all and was still staring sternly to the pegasus beghind bars.

"Twi?" Dash called to her marefriend as the Princess just smiled back to her, before looking to Lightning Dust again and walked to stand closer to the bars of the pegasus's cell door now.

"I just want to know one more thing," she stated as Lightning just lifted her head and nodded looking like she was ready for whatever question Twilight was going to ask her, while Dash just raised her eyebrow a little, clearly just wanting to get far away from the other pegasus right now, but also wondering just what Twilight was palnning at the moment, and so just decided to stand and wait for her in return.

"What are you planning exactly?" Twilight asked with a serious expression directed to Lighting, as she just sighed a moment later and soon shook her head in response.

"Nothing anymore...I guess you could say that I've just given up on it all," she simply replied, turning away from her cell door and going to now slump down onto the floor, resting her head against the wall as she let a saddened smile form on her lips.

"You've given up on everything? You mean your plan for revenge on the ponies in Ponyville right?" Twilight raised her eyebrow slightly as she still obviously wasn't falling for anything that Lightning Dust was saying at the moment, 'Is this really the 'story' that she's going with? To cover up everything by saying that she's given up on it all? If so then do those other pegasi up in Cloudsdale have any part in it?' she wondered as Lighting just nodded back to her in return.

"And what about those other pegasi up in Cloudsdale that were helping you out with all your plans? I doubt they've all given up on everything as well," Twilight said as she wondered how Lightning would reply to her, as the turquoise mare widened her eyes a little, and looked back to the Princess with what actually did seem like a genuinely taken aback expression. However she soon just shrugged her shoulders and smiled again a moment later.

"Well I guess you'll just have to ask them, won't you?" she simply replied, causing Twilight to look a little suspicious, and somewhat pluzzed, before Dash called back to the Princess and caught her attention again.

"Twi, come on. There's no use in talking to her," the cyan mare said as Twilight just gave Lightning one least stern stare before she turned away from her and walked back over to her marefriend a moment later, looking like she was a little lost in thought as she was going over what Lightning Dust had just told her, and sighed slightly now.

Dash resting a comforting hoof on her shoulder as she glared back to Lightning Dust a moment later, "You better get used to that cell, because you're going to end up rotting in it soon enough Lighting," she stated, before she turned back to Twilight and led her away from the holding cells, having Princess Celestia and the guards following behind them, as they all left Lightning Dust to be all alone in her cell once again.

The turquoise mare just looking in the direction that the others had all left in with a blank stare, seeming like she was thinking for a moment, before she just shurgged her shoulders and moved to lie down on the bed in her cell now, "Well we'll just see about that Rainbow Dash," she whsipered out as a smirk formed on her lips and she sighed slightly, before curling up and hiding herself in the dark shadows of her cell, letting the silence settle back in once more.

....

Twilight, Dash and Celestia now having returned back to the throne room in the castle as the cyan pegasus was talking with the elder Princess and Twilight had walked off to the side of the room, looking like she was still lost in thought over everything that they had talked to Lightning Dust about at the moment.

"So what happens now, is Lightning staying in that cell?" Dash asked Celestia as the Princess nodded back to her in response, it seeming like the pegasus wanted to get some more information about what was going on while Twilight was still a little ditracted by her own thoughts right now.

"For now, until there is a cell ready for her, then she will be transferred into the Catnerlot prison, and you two shouldn't need to worry about her for any longer," the Princess answered with a smile to Dash, as she just nodded back to her and sighed a little, seeming like she was relieved to hear that lightning wouldn't be a problem anymore, but her mind still troubled by a few things at the moment.

"Good, and no matter what she says, it would be best if you didn't trust a single word from her," the pegasus stated as she didn't want Lightning to have any chance of getting out of this somehow by fooling more ponies than she already had with her cheerful smile and her all innocent act.

Princess Celestia just nodding back to Dash with a reassuring expression, before she glanced over to Twilight and sighed a little, Dash doing the same a moment later, as she could see that what Lightning had said had definitely caused the lavender mare to become distant, however just shaking her head and turning back to Celestia now, catching her attention again.

"But while Lightning is out of the way, there's still the matter of those other pegasi that are up in Cloudsdale at the moment, Ponyville still isn't safe from them just yet," Dash seemed to be thinking out loud as she let her gaze drop to the floor as she thought about those other pegasi that were helping Lightning Dust out, and just really didn't know what to do about them at the moment.

"I understand, and the guards shall still be keeping Ponyville safe until this matter is resloved. But you know it would be a great help if you could tell me more about these other pegasi that Lightning Dust has been having help her with her plans, it could give us a better chance at catching them as well, they are the ones that hurt you along with Lightning Dust after all right?" Celestia asked as she could see that Dash was troubled still, and did want to help her and Twilight out more if she could in any way, as she caused the pegasus to just smile back to her in response.

"That would give us a lot less to worry about, but Twilight and I have only met those pegasi a couple of times, so we don't really know any of their names, and I doubt we could even tell you how many of them there actually are," she explained as she knew the infomation that she could give about the pegasi who were working with Lightning probably wouldn't really help in Celestia or the guards catching them all and putting them behind bars like Lightning Dust now was.

However Celestia just shaking her head and smiling back to Dash in reply, "Still any information you can give me would be well appreciated, I want to make sure that like Lightning Dust they don't get away with the pain they have caused," she stated with a determined expression, causing Dash to widen her eyes a little in response, looking slightly taken aback, before she soon just smiled and nodded back to the Princess now.

"Thank you Princess," she replied as Celestia just gave her a reassuring smile in return, Dash feeling glad that their Princess was most certainly on their side, and wanted to do all she could to help out and make things safer for both her and Twilight while they worked through all of this together.

While Dash and Princess Celestia continued to talk to each other about trying to catch the other pegasi who had been helping Lightning Dust, Twilight still stood off to the side of the room by herself, as she seemed distracted by her own thoughts right now, looking in deep thought as she went over all that Lightning Dust had told her and Dash just a few minutes ago, unsure of how she should feel about it all at the moment.

'I know we shouldn't believe anything that Lightning Dust told us, but that means all she said were just lies, which is basically just saying that we still don't why she decided to turn herself in like this all of a sudden after been in hiding for a good while. Was it part of her plan, or did she just not want to run anymore?' Twilight questioned to herself as she shook her head and just felt she had no more of an idea about what was going on at the moment then when Lightning was still hidding from them.

'But that doesn't really sound like something Lighting Dust would do, unless she's more of a coward than I thought she was,' she sighed slightly now as she just tried to push all her thoughts to the back of her mind, glancing back over to her marefriend and Princess Celestia, smiling at seeing them talking to eachother at the moment. Knowing there wasn't really anything her and Dash could do about Lighting anymore since she was locked up now, but at the same time there still was the fact that they had other problems that were much more worth thinking about.

"Well Twi, what do you want to do?" Dash now caught Twilight's attention as she came walking over to her, and caused her to turn back to her a moment later in response, Twilight just pulling herself out of her thoughts as she looked back to Dash and then seemed to be thinking for a moment or two, before she just shrugged her shoulders a little.

"To be honest...I don't really know," she simply stated as it was fair to say that she was a little lost on what exactly they should do now, after all their coversation with Lightning Dust hadn't really been much help at all, but then again Twilight doubted talking with the turquoise mare was going to get them any closer to solving all this right from when they had first learnt that she had gone missing.

"Maybe you two should just sleep on it for now, and figure out where to go from here tomorrow," Celestia suggested as she also came walking over to Twilight now, and gave her an encouraging smile, Twilight just nodded slowly back to her a moment later in reply.

"Yeah," she simply said in a low tone as the three of them all talked for a little while longer before Twilight and Dash soon said goodbye to Celestia and were now leaving, having the two pegasi guards still protecting them as there still was the chance that they weren't completely safe just yet even with Lightning Dust locked up.

Twilight and Dash leaving the castle in silence as they both seemed to be thinking about a few things right now, however the Princess soon stopping and sighing heavily as she caught Dash's attention and caused her to look back to her in response, as she also stopped and came upto to her a moment later.

"What's up Twi?" she asked as she caused Twilight to look back to her, the Princess just shaking her head a little in response, while she just made Dash look back to her with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh it's nothing really, I was just thinking about something as all," Twilight stated as she smiled back to Dash and seemed slightly nervously now, as she just caused Dash to look more suspicious towards her.

"Thinking about what?" the pegasus questioned as Twilight hesitated for a moment before she just sighed again and lowered her voice now, hoping that what she said wouldn't cause Dash to become too concerned about her or anything in return.

"Well you see Dash...I think...we should go back upto Couldsdale just one more time," she said in a nervous tone still as she waited for Dash to protest, however the pegasus just letting out a sigh as she smiled slightly and nodded back to Twilight a moment later.

"I was kinda thinking the same thing actually, what did you have in mind Twi?" Dash asked as she guessed that Twilight had probably been thinking the same thing as she had at the moment, and now clearly wanted to hear more about what the Princess had been planning out inside her mind.

"Well I'm not sure if it will help our current situation at all, I do have an idea that I'd at least like to try, the only thing is we won't be going up there to find any answers this time," Twilight explained as she caused Dash to look a little confused as to what exactly she meant, while the Princess began to tell her all about what her idea would entail as they made their journey home together with Twilight carrying Dash on her back along with the two pegasi guards following close behind them both.

Author's Note:

Seems like Twilight has her own plans to put into motion now.

Thank you ever so much for reading.:twilightsmile:

KillerChainsaw ;)