• Published 14th Aug 2017
  • 1,204 Views, 42 Comments

Apart From The Pegasi - KillerChainsaw



When a mystery pegasus from Cloudsdale walks into Princess Twilight and Rainbow Dash's lives, telling them that they also want the feud between the two towns to be over, could peace be all that they are looking for?

  • ...
6
 42
 1,204

Protecting Ponyville

Twilight and Rainbow Dash turning their attention back to Princess Celestia as she spoke to them both again, "And as for what you two should do from here, I think it would be best if you two laid low for a little while," she stated causing Twilight and Dash to both look surprised, seeming like they were going to question her decision, however staying quiet for now as the Princess quickly spoke again before either of them could get a word out in response.

"Now I know that's not what either of you want to hear, but you both have to understand that right now Lightning Dust could be anywhere, and since we still don't know what her plans are not only Ponyville could be in danger, but she could come after you two as well, so you need to be more careful. Besides after what happened to Rainbow Dash, I think that it's better that you let the royal guard and I take care of things from here, until Lightning Dust is found, while you two just focus on recovering and keeping the citizens of Ponyville reassured," the elder alicorn explained to the other two, causing them to both widen their eyes a little in response, Twilight looking like she was going to say something in reply, however quickly just closing her mouth and looking to Dash, seeing her marefriend just nodding and hanging her head slightly, knowing that the pegasus wanted to see Lightning caught as soon as possible, but also knowing that they would have to face the fact that there wasn't much they could do to help out from here, especially not with her still in the quite badly wounded condition she was currently in at the moment.

Twilight just sighing slightly as she turned back to Celestia, "We understand Princess Celestia, thank you for your help on this matter," she said in a low tone as the older Princess gave her a reassuring smile and leaned down to Twilight, letting her nuzzle her once again, as she looked to her and Dash with a serious expression now.

"I promise you two that we will find Lightning Dust, and once we do we will stop her," she stated with a confident smile as both Twilight and Dash just nodded in reply, knowing to trust the Princess with this, as they knew that she was most likely the best pony to deal with this kind of threat. And even though they both did believe there was more that they could do in order to help, they knew now was not the time for that, and it could put them in more danger than they currently were in if they weren't careful.

Soon the two saying their goodbyes to Princess Celestia as they were just leaving the castle and getting ready to set off back to their home in Ponyville with two pegasi members of the royal guard to guide them back and enssure their safety until they were both home once again.

Twilight thinking over all that Princess Celestia had said for a few moments, before she glanced back to Dash again and saw her limping and struggling to stay standing it seemed, guessing that the mare had been on her wounded legs for a bit too long now, and they were most probably tired and ready to give out from under her.

The Princess walking over to her marefriend as she caught her attention as Dash looked back to her now, "Hey are you sure you're okay Dash?" she asked looking concerned for the pegasus and clearly showing that she was worried for her, Dash seeing this, and feeling for Twilight, however just giving the lavender mare a small smile, before she just nodded to her in response.

"Yeah I'm fine Twi, let's just go home,"

She replied, as she turned away from Twilight a moment later and walked over to one of the pegasi royal guards, choosing to lay on their back and have them fly her back to Ponyville instead of Twilight, causing her to widen her eyes slightly, looking to Dash with a more worried expression now, as the pegasus just gestured for her to come along and then turned away from her again.

Twilight following along after the two pegasi guards as they soon began to lead the Princess back to Ponyville again, the lavender mare just looking to her marefriend through the whole journey home, while Dash just lay over one of the guard's backs and looked to the ground below them as she sighed deeply and avoided looking back to Twilight it seemed.

Causing the Princess to hang her head a little as she just followed the two guards and could tell that there was definitely something bothering her marefriend at the moment, and only hoping that she would find out what that just might be once they had returned back to their home again.

....

It not being all that long before Twilight and Dash had returned back to the library once again, the two pegasi guards staying outside and standing to attention as they had been instructed to keep Twilight and Dash safe, while other guard members would be spread throughout Ponyville in the morning, all of them being sure to keep an eye out for Lightning Dust, after all since they now had no idea just where she was, it could mean that she could strike from anywhere at any given time, and so they had to be sure that the small town of Ponyville and its residents were being kept safe, and wouldn't be in anymore danger than they already had been prior to this.

Twilight looking to Dash still with a concerned expression as she was clearly still worried about the pegasus, seeming to know that something was definitely on her mind and bothering her, but currently having a little trouble with approaching the subject as she could see that Dash wasn't really all that up for talking at the moment, and just looked tired honestly.

"Dash are you okay? You haven't said a word since we left Canterlot," the Princess asked as she spoke in a slightly nervous tone, while Dash just sighed and looked back to her with another small smile.

"I told you I'm fine Twi, just leave it okay?"

She stated causing Twilight to just look more concerned as she could see that Dash was clearly avoiding looking to her at the moment, and also seeming to want to get out of the conversation as soon as possible as she turned away from the Princess again and made a move to start heading for the stairs, however only going slowly as her legs were throbbing so much right now, and just begging her to stop and rest them more.

Twilight quickly shaking her head as she came rushing over to Dash and stood in her way now, blocking her from going up the stairs, while she caused Dash to raise her eyebrow slightly in question as she clearly wondered why the Princess was stopping her from going up the stairs at the moment, and just waiting for some kind of explanation to come from her.

"Dash, I know you're tired right now, but I can tell there's something on your mind, so please...just talk to me," Twilight said with a pleading look as she hoped Dash would stop being so quiet and reach out to her, but unfortunately that didn't seem to be the case just yet as the pegasus just brushed her off, and looked away from her yet again.

"You don't have to worry Twilight,"

She simply said as she pushed past the Princess and began to walk up the stairs, however having to soon stop once again as Twilight quickly teleported herself to be at the top of the staircase, blocking the way again and stopping her marefriend from walking away from her as she was making it clear that she wasn't just going to let her walk away from this.

"Dash! Just tell me what's wrong,"

Twilight raised her voice a little, as her tone was sterner as she was giving Dash a softened expression, while pleading the pegasus to just tell her what was on her mind right now, and why she was seeming to be so distant from her at the moment, knowing there was something wrong, and not wanting Dash to just bottle it all up like she was currently doing.

"Twi really there's-

Dash seemed to be continuing to protest, however Twilight not having any of it as she was beginning to get slightly annoyed, not quite understanding just why Dash was refusing to talk to her so much as she soon gave the pegasus more of a stern expression, and looked into her eyes, noticing that they would waver every so often, now causing Dash to focus on her more as she lowered her voice and quickly cut her stubborn marefriend off.

"Dash, I'm not leaving you alone until you talk to me,"

She stated with a serious expression, causing Dash to bite her bottom lip a little as she could see that she wasn't getting out of this at all, and would eventually just have to give into her marefriend, something that she guessed she would just have to do in order to get the Princess off of her back, as it definitely seemed like Twilight wasn't going to drop this suject until she did just that.

Dash turning away from Twilight as she clenched her teeth together and hesitated for a few moments, before she just sighed heavily and decided to finally say what was on her mind right now, "What were you thinking Twi?" she spoke in a low tone, causing Twilight to look a little confused in response as she raised her eyebrow and was going to question just what Dash had meant exactly but was cut off by the pegasus rather quickly.

"What do you me-

"What were you thinking going up to Cloudsdale by yourself like that?" Dash asked as she raised her voice and gave Twilight a stern expression turning back to her now, and causing the Princess to widen her eyes as she saw that Dash actually seemed angry at the moment.

"When the guards and I came back here to see you were gone, I guessed that the only other place you could maybe be at was Cloudsdale, and I know you probably just went there to look for Lightning, but even so, after what her and those other pegasi did to me...and to see them all closing in on you like they were going to attack you as well...if you got hurt like I did...if the same thing happened to you...I...I don't know what I'd do..." Dash struggled to speak as she remembered seeing all those pegasi closing in on Twilight and getting ready to attack her, not wanting to imagine what could have happened to her marefriend if her and the guards hadn't come when they did.

Twilight staying silent as she saw Dash's magenta eyes well up with tears, while she hung her head low and let a couple of slight sobs escape her lips, knowing how much pain she was in right now because of Lightning Dust and those other pegasi from her hometown, and if Twilight had been made to feel that same pain too, she couldn't bear to see her marefriend hurt like she had been. A few tears streaming down her cheeks while Twilight realized just what she had done, she had caused Dash to worry about her this much, and she just hadn't noticed till now that the pegasus had really been scared for her.

"Dash..."

Twilight whispered out as Dash just bit her bottom lip again and choked back a couple of sobs, causing the Princess to look to her with a concerned expession, understanding just why Dash had been so distant from her and now seeing just
where she had gone wrong.

"Why did you go there Twilight? You knew how dangerous it could be for you, but you went and did it anyway, and I...I...if anything were to have happened to you I...I..." Dash trailed off as she felt like she could no longer hold back her cries, feeling more tears streaming down her face, while Twilight now quickly wrapped her hooves around her crying marefriend and held her tightly, causing the pegasus to widen her eyes a little in response.

"I'm sorry Dash...I just thought there was something more I could be doing then just sitting around and waiting...but I guess when I got there...I really wasn't thinking at all. I'm sorry Dash, I won't go there by myself again, and definitely not when it's still dangerous and we still don't know where Lightning Dust could be," Twilight apologized as she stroked Dash's rainbow coloured mane, and could feel her still crying over her shoulder, the pegasus soon burying her head into Twilight's chest as she tried to calm herself down, knowing that Twilight was sorry and had realized what had caused the pegasus so much distress, but even so Dash continued to cry as Twilight held on to her tighter now.

"I'm sorry Dash..."

The Princess whispered out as she softly kissed Dash on her forhead and held her close, apologizing over and over again, while she waited for her marefriend's cries to go quiet, as she rubbed her back in a comforting way and hoped she could soothe the sobbing pegasus soon enough, as she nuzzled into her and sighed slightly, knowing that she really should have thought through what she was doing at the time when she went up to Cloudsdale eariler, after all if she did then she wouldn't have caused Dash to worry this much for her.

....

Some time having passed as it was early in the evening and Spike had now made his way back to the library, having come back from Sugarcube Corner after it seemed like Dash wasn't going to be returning anytime soon, so instead he was told by the others to just head home instead, and he guessed he might as well do so, as they all were doing the same after seeing that Dash wasn't going to be coming back.

Now returning back home as he walked into the library and looked around the place, sighing a little after not seeing Twilight or Rainbow Dash and guessing they were still with Princess Celestia in Canterlot at the moment. The young dragon just shrugged his shoulders and walked into the kitchen and dining area, seeing that Twilight and Dash weren't there either so decided to go and look upstairs before giving up trying to find the two mares here, and would just wait for them to come back. However it turning out that he wouldn't have to do that after all as he called out, and was surprised to hear the familiar voice of the Princess answering to him in return.

"Twilight, Rainbow Dash are you two here?"

"Spike? We're in here,"

Twilight called back out from her bedroom, causing the young dragon to quickly turn and come walking over to the Princess's bedroom as he opened the door, and saw Twilight lying on her bed, with Dash lying beside her with her head resting on Twilight's front hooves and her wing resting over the pegasus's back as at the moment Dash was sleeping soundly while she cuddled up to Twilight more, and the lavender mare just smiled to Spike and gestured for him to come into the bedroom.

"Hey what happened to you two? The others and I were waiting for you for ages," the young dragon asked as he walked into the bedroom and spoke in a lowered tone as to not wake up Dash at the moment.

"Sorry we had to go and talk to Princess Celestia about where to go from here. And she sent guards out to search for Lightning Dust since we found out that she has left Cloudsdale and her location is currently unknown to us at the moment," Twilight explained causing Spike to widen his eyes and look surprised in response.

"What?" he raised his voice a little too loudly, causing Twilight to put a hoof up to her lips, gesturing for him to keep quiet as to not wake up Dash right now, while the young dragon just quickly nodded and recovered from his surprise it seemed.

"Is that why the guards were outside?" he asked as he did notice two guards patroling the front of the library when he returned home, but seeing as how they were more interested in their patroling he didn't want to bother them by asking them why they were there.

Twilight just nodded in response to Spike, "The guards are just here for protection really until we found out just where Lightning Dust is hiding, and besides that Dash and I have been told to lay low since we could still very well be in danger at the moment," she explained as Spike just nodded in return and sighed a little, looking to Dash and seeming to be concerned for her, as she looked like she was just exhausted right now as she lay sleeping on Twilight's front hooves.

"How is she?" he questioned, gesturing to Dash, as Twilight just looked down to her sleeping marefriend and smiled slightly.

"She's tired but I think she should be fine once she gets some rest. What was Pinkie's surprise all about?" Twilight asked now changing the subject a little, as she looked back to Spike again.

"Oh, it was just a little get together that Applejack and the others had arranged for you and Rainbow Dash, as they said you all haven't hung out in a while, and it could prove to be a way to get you two to stop focusing on your worries so much," Spike explained as he caused for Twilight to widen her eyes a little and smile a moment later.

"That sounds nice, I guess we'll just have to tell them to do it another time, maybe when things have calmed down a little more," Twilight stated as she started to stroke Dash's rainbow mane gently and Spike just nodded in reply.

"Do you two want some dinner?" Spike asked as he guessed that the two mares hadn't really eaten much since lunch, and so thinking that it would be helpful if he made something for them both.

Twilight just smiling back to him as she nodded in reply, "Thank you Spike, although I don't think Dash is going to be waking up for a while yet," she said looking to her sleeping marefriend, while Spike just waved a claw and smiled back to Twilight.

"Don't worry about that, I'll make it, and then you two can come down and have it whenever you are both ready to," he simply stated as he started heading for the door now, waving goodbye to Twilight while she just smiled back to him and watched him leave the bedroom and slowly close the door behind him.

The Princess sighing and looking down to her sleeping marefriend again once she was left alone with her, soon letting a small smile form on her lips as she leaned her head down and rested it on top of Dash's nuzzling her lovingly, as she let herself relax for now, as she knew it would most likely be a good while before her and Dash could act calmly about things after all she reckoned that they wouldn't really be able to relax until Lightning Dust was found, and her plans were stopped. Twilight just kissing Dash softly on her forehead as she cuddled up closer to her dear marefriend and soon drifted off to sleep while nuzzling up to the cyan pegasus and holding her close to her still.

The rest of the evening passing by in more of a calm manner as once Dash and Twilight had woken up they simply went downstairs to have dinner along with Spike and talked about things that had nothing to do with what they had been going through lately as they seemed to be more content with talking about random things, rather than bringing everything that was going on with Lightning Dust back up again, or doing the same with what had happened between them, when they came back from Canterlot.

Twilight and Dash seeming to be acting completely normal around each other as they chose to just avoid talking about the things that might cause tension to arise, so it seemed they both just chose to forget about what had happened eailer when they had returned back home and pushed it all to the back of their minds for now, as they soon finished their dinner, and decided to get an early night since they were both tired from all that had happened today.

Leaving Spike to clean up the dishes in the kitchen as he was just glad that Twilight and Dash didn't seem as stressed or as worked up as before, which he hoped meant that the two mares would stop focusing on the things that were out of their control at the moment and they could just concentrate on themselves for now.

....

Twilight and Dash waking up rather eariler the next morning as they both made their way downstairs and sat down at the dining table, Spike already gotten up eariler himself as he stood in the kitchen making the three of them some breakfast, while the two mares sat being a little quiet at the moment as they both just avoided any conversation while they waited for breakfast to be ready.

The Princess looking to her marefriend with a slight nervous expression as she bit her bottom lip a little and sighed, 'we haven't talked about what happened when we got back from seeing Princesss Celestia since Spike came back yesterday, and even though I already told Dash that I was sorry for making her worry...I still feel like I haven't said it enough,' she thought as she remembered seeing Dash's crying expression from yesterday, and taking a deep breath as she rested a hoof on the pegasus's shoulder and caught her attention.

Dash turning to Twilight as she looked to her with a wondering expression, "Dash, about yesterday, I really am sorry for making you worry like that...I just..." the Princess sighed as she paused and looked away from the pegasus, while Dash just slowy let her lips form into a smile, softening her expression as she rested a comforting hoof on Twilight's shoulder and caused her to look back at her now.

"I know you are Twi, just...don't ever scare me like that again, okay?" she asked, giving Twilight a caring smile as the Princess nodded in reply and soon smiled back to her slightly, and sighed again as she rested her forehead aganist Dash's knowing to be much more careful when it came to taking matters into her own hooves now.

Dash kissing Twilight's forehead lightly, before Spike now came walking over with breakfast for them all, Twilight and Dash separating as they just smiled to each other and started to dig in to their food as Spike sat down and did the same a moment later.

However the three not really being able to enjoy their morning meal for very long as just as they had barely started eating their breakfast together, they all heard a slight knocking at the door, all three of them stopping eating for a moment as they looked to the door, and Spike simply stood up to go and answer it, Twilight and Dash talking to each other while the young dragon left the table and went to go and see who was at the door.

Opening the door and greeting their visitor, seeing Applejack on the doorstep, as she seemed to have a slightly nervous expression on her face at the moment, "Hey Applejack, what brings you here?" the young dragon asked as he smiled to the farm pony, getting an anxious look in response.

"Hey Spike, is Twilight up yet?"

She questioned, her tone seeming to be a worrying one as she clearly looked nervous at the moment and Spike could tell that there was something causing her to be on edge right now, so he quickly just let the farm pony inside the library and gestured to the dining area where Twilight and Rainbow Dash were still sitting.

"She's in there with Dash,"

He simply stated as Applejack nodded and thanked him, before she rushed over into the dining area and caught the attention of both Twilight and Dash when she entered the room, the two other mares looking to her now as they both wondered just why she was here all of a sudden, but before they could say anything the farm pony began to explain to them what was going on.

"Hey sorry to disturb your breakfast like this, but what's with all the guards walking round everywhere, pretty much the whole town is worried and questioning what they're here for, and when I asked one of them why they were here, they just said they were sent here by Princess Celestia and that's pretty much it," Applejack explained as she caused for Rainbow Dash and Twilight to both widen their eyes and look to each other, while the farm pony just continued on.

"Plus there two guards walking around outside the library as well. Did something happen that we don't yet know about?" she added clearly showing how anxious all these guards walking around the town were making her and most likely the other citizens of Ponyville feel since none of them had a clue as to what was going on, and had no idea about the danger they could currently be in at the moment.

Dash biting her bottom lip as she looked to Twilight, and wondered just what she would choose to do from here, after all it seemed like now there wasn't really any way for them to continue keeping the townsfolk of Ponyville in the dark about what was really happening and why there were guards patroling around all over the place, them of course not knowing that they were there just for their protection at the moment.

Twilight taking a deep breath as she could see that she would just have to tell the rest of the town about everything as that way at least it would explain for why all the gurads were around, but she also didn't want to cause them all to worry too much as she knew things were being taken care of. And so she just stood up from her chair and pushed her half-eaten breakfast away from her now.

"Applejack could you please gather everypony at the town hall? Then I will explain everything," Twilight instructed to the farm pony as she had a serious expression on her face now, causing Applejack to stand with a raised eyebrow for a moment, before she quickly soon just nodded and turned to leave, seeing that whatever was going on Twilight would be sure to tell the town about it all, and hopefully then they wouldn't have to wonder any longer.

Leaving the library a moment later as she quickly started to go over to the townsfolk and tell them all to gather at town hall together, while Rainbow Dash looked back to Twilight with a slightly concerned expression as Spike came walking back into the dining area, as he still looked confused as to why Applejack had shown up here all of a sudden and what exactly was going on at the moment.

"Twi are you sure about this?" Dash asked as she gave her marefriend a slightly anxious expression, while Twilight just looked back to her and nodded confidently.

"I am the ruler of Ponyville, so if they are in danger like this, then I should be the one to tell them about it all, plus we can't keep what's going on from them anymore, they need to know the truth about Lightning Dust," she stated knowing that this was something she needed to do, after all there wasn't really a way to keep everything from the rest of the town now that the royal guard and Princess Celestia had already been involved and were taking action aganist this threat that had been made aganist the town.

Dash just nodded with a slight sigh, knowing that Twilight was right, but also kind of dreading seeing just how the ponies of Ponyville would react when being told that they could very well be underattack from the floating city that was currently just above them.

Author's Note:

When danger is on the rise, reinforcements are in order. :rainbowdetermined2:

Thank you ever so much for reading :twilightsmile:

KillerChainsaw ;)