• Published 14th Aug 2017
  • 1,216 Views, 43 Comments

Apart From The Pegasi - KillerChainsaw



When a mystery pegasus from Cloudsdale walks into Princess Twilight and Rainbow Dash's lives, telling them that they also want the feud between the two towns to be over, could peace be all that they are looking for?

  • ...
6
 43
 1,216

Revenge Was The Only Option

Rainbow Dash and Twilight glancing to each other for a few moments before they soon both turned back to look at the mare that was currently in front of them, Twilight looking round to all the spiteful expressions on the pegasi's faces, and sighing slightly as she was a little unsure of just how she should go about asking more questions after all she could already tell that talking about the ponies that they hated so much was proving to be stressful for all of the pegasi.

'They seem to not just hold grudges and resent the ponies of Ponyville, it actually looks like they hate them with a passion, but why? Just what did the ponies living below do to them?' the Princess questioned to herself as she was about to speak up and see if she could finally get some answers out of the mare in front of her, or the other pegasi surrounding them at the moment, however Dash chimed in and interrupted her before she could say a single word.

"Seriously what is all your guys problem with those ponies? Whatever they did to you all couldn't have been that bad," Dash stated as she clearly still wasn't getting why all the other pegasi here hated the ponies living below them so much, when all this time she had always seen the ponies of Ponyville being more of the victims then the pegasi up in Cloudsdale ever were.

The mare standing in front on Dash just rolling her eyes and glaring back at the cyan pegasus a moment later in response, "Oh really? The fact that you just said that, shows that you clearly have no idea how horrible those vile poines can be," she stated as she turned away from Dash and Twilight, looking like she was going to fly off, as she gave a gesture to the other pegasi, Twilight and Dash seeing this and knew they had to think quickly, after all this may be their only chance of finally getting some answers, and they weren't going to let this opportunity just slip away from them.

"You two should just get out of here already,"

The mare in charge stated as she took a couple of steps back, and made another head gesture to all the other pegasi, all of them nodding back to her a moment later. All of them looking like they were about to make a swift escape, but Twilight and Dash quickly not allowing them to.

"We're not going anywhere, and neither are you all until we get some answers," Dash said as she quickly rushed to stand in front of the mare and stared her down, stopping her from leaving as the mare just rolled her eyes again in response.

"Seriously, do you actually want us to hurt you again or something?"

She threatened as she stared Dash down, causing the cyan mare to just glare back to her, clearly showing that she wasn't scared of her and didn't feel threatened by her. The two pegasi having a heated stare down, before Twilight came over to stand in-between them both as she didn't want a fight to start or anything like that right now.

"I won't let you do that, and why won't you let us help you? I'm sure there's something we can do to make things better between you all and- the Princess broke up her marefriend and the mare in charge before things got too heated between them, looking to the pegasus mare with a slightly nervous expression, as she thought there must be something they could do that would hopefully be of help to the spiteful pegasi of Cloudsale, however the pegasus mare soon cutting her off and was seeming to become more angered now.

"THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO!"

She raised her voice causing Twilight and Dash to both widen their eyes and look a little taken aback by the mare's suddebn outburst, getting the feeling that they had pushed a bit too much then they should have, as they stood in slience, waiting for the mare to continue, being unsure if they would cause more tension to arise by talking back to her at the moment.

The mare just sighing heavily as she shook her head and saw the two guards coming a little closer, looking like they were clearly ready to defend Twilight and Rainbow Dash if she or any of the other pegasi were planning to try anything. And so the mare just turned away from Twilight and Dash and lowered her tone now.

"This is all those damn ponies fault, they were the cause of all this trouble, not us," she stated causing Dash to look a little confused, while Twilight just raised her eyebrow and seemed like she wanted to hear more, as she could see that the other mare's guard had been dropped to a certain amount right now.

"What do you mean?"

The Princess asked in a calm voice as she hoped that this had all been enough to finally push the mare into telling them what had really happened between the pegasi of Cloudsdale and the ponies of Ponyville in order to start this feud that had been going on for so long.

"When we all came here we didn't plan to stay for long, you see we thought that the ponies would be welcoming and kind to us, like how other towns that we had visited as a traveling city had been, and for a little while they were. The ponies from that little town were very friendly towards us and that's why most of the pegasi from here wanted to stay and not travel around anymore," the mare in charge started to explain where this feud with the town below had started, as Twilight and Dash both listened intently to her, while all the other pegasi had somber looks on their faces now, as they seemed to have let their guard drop a little as well, as it was clear that they no longer wanted to hold back the reason for why they hated the ponies of the neighboring town so much anymore.

"And we were all fine with that idea, but...soon things started to change with those ponies, some continued to be humble and kind to us all, however it wasn't long before rumors started to be spread around the town, we were stealing food and breaking belongings of theirs, we were abusing their kindness, the list went on. And then it wasn't just rumors anymore..." the mare paused as she clenched her teeth together and seemed to be shaking a little, looking like she was boiling up with anger from remembering all that had happened before the feud started and what some of the ponies in Ponyville had done to them all in the past.

"It started off with just glares and gossiping so that wasn't all that bad, but it wasn't long before some of the ponies would come up to us and tell us to leave the town, they told us that we didn't belong there alongside them and we never could," the mare stated as she bit her bottom lip a little when she thought about all that the ponies of the town below had said to her and other pegasi from Cloudsdale.

"They told us we didn't deserve to live above or anywhere near them, and that we should just find somewhere else to 'invade'," one of the other pegasi stated all of them now seeming to be getting just as angered as the mare in charge was at the moment, looking round to each other and all nodding their heads in agreement.

"They targeted us at any chance they got, and said nopony wanted us there!" another pegasus said in a raised voice, the others all soon joining in one by one, as both Twilight and Dash were surpised to hear all the things that some of the ponies in Ponyville had said to them all, unsure if they should really believe what they were being told right now, but honestly when all of the pegasi looking as angered as they did when talking about those ponies living below them, it was hard to think that they could be making it up at all.

"It even got to the point when they were telling us to leave or they would just run us all out of the town if we chose to not agree, so we all eventually stopped going down to Ponyville, and we did start telling other pegasi from Cloudsdale that we should all just leave and find somewhere else to stay...but...hardly any of them believed us, thinking that we were just making everything up, and from being told that we knew those kind and welcoming personas the ponies showed us when we first came here, were all just an manipulative act of theirs," the mare in charge explained as she caused Twilight and Dash to look back to her now, as they were both clearly still confused by being told all of this.

"And then it wasn't long before this stupid feud began, families were broken apart, friendships were ruined, and relationships were torn, all because this damn feud made us all choose whether we wanted to stay living in Cloudsdale still, or go and live in that vile, little town instead. But it didn't end there, this is still all going on, and we even have thought of just leaving Cloudsdale altogether in order to get away from it all," the mare continued as Dash widened her eyes and looked much more interested as she spoke up now.

"Then why didn't you? Why did you choose to all stay when you could have all just left if it was really that bad for you all?" she asked, causing the mare standing in front of her look back to her with a serious expression, while anger was still clearly boiling up inside of her.

"And go where exactly? Cloudsdale is the only home we've ever known, and we wouldn't just be leaving our home if we did choose to leave...we'd be leaving our friends and families as well. We'd be leaving everything we've ever known behind, and we would have to do it all alone. We had to choose to say goodbye to our loved one's and our home in order to live better, and...that was a choice that none of us wanted to make," the mare explained as all the other pegasi agreed with simple nods, Dash sighing as this started to oddly remind her of when the close friendship that her and Fluttershy had was torn apart by this feud and how long it took her to gain the courage to build it back up again.

"Plus we didn't want to give those ponies the satisfaction of believing they had 'won' by making us run away and leave everything because of all they had done. So we decided that revenge was our only option to fight back against them," the mare added as she caused Twilight and Dash to widen their eyes again in response as the Princess now finally spoke up, after staying silent and listening for all this time.

"That's why you're doing all of this?" she asked as she just got a simple nod from the mare in charge in reply.

"They took everything from us, our friends and families, and treated us like we deserved to be hunted down by them, so we chose to do the same to them, and make them all feel just as targeted as they made us all feel," the mare replied as she caused Twilight to go a little speechless, unsure of what to say in response, while the mare just turned away from the Princess again a moment later.

Dash biting her bottom lip as she remembered Lightning Dust saying the same thing that this mare had, but unsure of how to react and feel after she now knew just what they actually meant when saying it, and what the reason was for everything they had done to the ponies living below them so far.

"Now do you get it? We aren't going to just sit around and let those damn ponies think we feel threatened by them at all, and we will make them pay for all that they did to us," the mare stated as she looked to Twilight and Dash with a determined expression on her face, all the other pegasi nodding in agreement, before they all glared to the Princess again.

"If that's all you wanted to know, then just get out of here already,"

The mare in charge said as she turned her back to Twilight and Dash, making a gesture with her head to the other pegasi as they all just nodded back to her and soon started turning and flying off. Twilight widening her eyes as although her questions had been answered she and Dash were still clearly confused by being told all this and wanted to talk with the pegasi for just a little longer, after all there was so much she wanted to say to them all.

"Wait!"

The Princess called out as she rushed to stop the pegasi from leaving, however the mare in charge turning on her heel in response as she glared to the Princess again, causing Dash and the two guards to rush after Twilight, ready to protect her from getting hurt at all. The mare just bearing her teeth as she sighed deeply.

"Just get out of our sight, and go back to that vile little town of yours,"

She said in a low tone, before turning away from the Princess and taking off into the sky a moment later, the remaining pegasi following after her as they all glared to Twilight and Dash one last time and then leaving as well, Dash glaring back up at them as she stood her ground in front of her marefriend and told the two guards to make sure all of the peagsi had gone, and none were hanging around them anymore.

Twilight looking to the direction that the pegasi had all left in with a disppointed and concerned expression, sighing heavily as she soon just looked down and let her head hang low, seeing that their coverstaion was over and they weren't going to get anything else from the pegasi of this floating city for now.

Dash looking back to Twilight as she rested a hoof under her chin and caused the Princess to look back to her, giving her a slight smile "Come on Twi, there's nothing more for us here, let's go back home for now, after all Spike will probably be wondering why we haven't yet come back soon enough," she said as she rested a hoof on Twilight's shoulder, while she just nodded in response a few moments later, knowing that Dash was right, and they couldn't really do anything more here, so doing as that mare had said and going home was likely the best thing for them to do right now.

"Well we have got a lot to think about after all this,"

Twilight simply replied as she let a small smile form on her lips, while Dash just nodded to her and kissed her forehead lightly, before she nuzzled her slightly, and turned towards the two guards a moment later, Twilight turning away as she looked to the direction that the pegasi had all disppeared off in, sighing heavily once again as she knew that even though they now knew more about how this feud between the two towns had started, her and Dash we still far from resloving it at all at this point.

....

Twilight and Dash soon arriving back at the library as the two guards went back to their posts at the front of the couple's home, while Spike now quickly came rushing over to the two mares as he heard the door being opened and then shut again from the kitchen.

"You two are finally back, so how did it go?" the young dragon asked as he looked to Twilight and Dash with a curious expression, wondering if he should be worried or not about how everything had gone for the two while they were up in Cloudsdale.

Twilight and Dash looking to each other for a few moments as it was clear that they were both unsure of how to respond to Spike, and so just stayed silent before Twilight shook her head, sighing heavily as she walked past the young dragon and disappeared up the stairs to her bedroom causing Spike and Dash to watch her go with concerned expressions.

"What happened Dash?" Spike asked as he now turned back to Dash, hoping that she would explain to him just what had gone on while her and Twilight were up in Cloudsdale, and why it had caused Twilight to go a bit distant on them at the moment.

"It's a little hard to explain really," Dash stated after a short pause as she nervously looked to Spike, being unsure how she should tell the young dragon about what the pegasi up in Cloudsdale had told them a little while ago, "I'll tell you all about it in a little while okay, I just need to go and see Twi quickly first," she added before she rushed off upstairs to go and talk to her marefriend, while leaving Spike to just look confused and somewhat curious about what had happened up in Cloudsdale, however just shrugging his shoulders, and walking back into the kitchen as he guessed the two mares would be back downstairs soon enough since they probably hadn't had anything to eat since this morning and it was now late afternoon.

Dash knocking on Twilight's bedroom door lightly as she slowly pushed it open a moment later after she heard her marefriend mumble out a response to her in return. The cyan pegasus walking in to see Twilight laying on her bed as she was turned away from her and seemed to be lost in thought at the moment, Dash understanding how she must be feeling, after all the conversation they both had with the pegasi up in Cloudsdale certainly was surprising and sure did leave them with a lot to think about.

Sighing slightly as she let a small smile form on her lips, Dash came to lay beside Twilight on the bed as she seemed to catch her attention a moment later, "Man I knew some of the pegasi in my hometown could be bad, but who would have thought that this town had ponies that also had the same kinda side to them, I mean I was only joining in to fit in with them all, but to think that they actually did all that stuff to get back at the ponies of this town..." she stated trailing of slightly, sounding like she was just thinking out loud right now, as she just wanted to get her marefriend talking more than everything else, as she would rather not have her stay quiet and bottle up what her thoughts just might be at this moment.

Twilight staying silent for a few moments, as she looked to Dash with a thoughtful expression it seemed, before she just nodded her head in reply soon afterwards causing the pegasus to look back to her with a slight smile in response.

"I thought this would be quite simple due to the fact that Cloudsdale seemed to be the only ones having troubles with getting along, but to now know that the two towns can be just as bad as each other...it just feels like this has all gotten a lot more complicated for us," the Princess stated with a heavy sigh as Dash just chuckled slightly and nodded in reply, before she moved closer to Twilight and nuzzled her, while Twilight just closed her eyes and nuzzled her marefriend back and letting herself relax a little, as her head was still spinning with all that happened today and wondered just where they should go from where they were right now.

....

Meanwhile unknown to Twilight and Rainbow Dash there stood a turquoise pegasus with a golden mane and matching eyes hiding in a bush at the moment as she poked her head out from behind the leaves and looked to the library that was a little a ways away from her, narrowing her golden eyes as she looked to the two patrolling guards outside.

A sly smirk slowly forming on her lips as she leaned a little more forward and sighed a moment later, 'Well this may not be going exactly all according to plan, but...things sure are getting interesting now,' Lightning Dust thought as she raised her eyebrow slightly, before she sunk her head back down into the bush again, and swiftly scurried off so that she wouldn't be seen by the guards or anyone else, while the sun now began to set in the tinted orange sky as Lightning disappeared into hiding once again.

Author's Note:

Lightning Dust is back!

Thank you ever so much for reading. :twilightsmile:

KillerChainsaw ;)